IGNORED

RK Mufflers versus TD Mufflers

Roadhand

I have a set of TD on my 07 RSMV and have been wanting a little noise from them.

Has anyone drilled the TD mufflers out for a "little" more sound?

I have been considering buying the RK mufflers to get a little more sound from them but before I do, has anyone drilled the TD mufflers?

If so how did they sound?

Hard to take a drill after any of them before I know what it will do.

I bet some of you have had some experience with this?

Hey Jim, I have my RSTD's drilled out. They have a lot more sound the way I did it. If you get a chance come by (or meet half way) and I'll let you listen. If you want to trade we can do that too. I can redrill out the ones your using. These are fairly loud. I like the way they sound but would like them a little quieter at times.

Edited by BuddyRich

OK Buddy, since I live in Va I don't believe Texas is in my area this weekend. I have a set of HD's that I drilled out as far as I know how. I believe they call it stage 4. Exactly what did you do with your stock mufflers? I need loud but too dang tight to buy. You can e-mail me if you prefer. Thanks.

Spotsy

:fingers-crossed-emo

Yep, I'll be around. I don't think they are as loud as bubs. I drilled out from the inlet side with a drill bit extension and a 1/4 bit. I then took a reamer and cleaned out about a 1/4 of the wall. I had done it with just a few 1/4 holes and that wasn't bad either. Any way, let me know.

OK Buddy, since I live in Va I don't believe Texas is in my area this weekend. I have a set of HD's that I drilled out as far as I know how. I believe they call it stage 4. Exactly what did you do with your stock mufflers? I need loud but too dang tight to buy. You can e-mail me if you prefer. Thanks.

Spotsy

:fingers-crossed-emo

Hi Carl. I had some RK pipes on mine also and had drilled them all the way thru. You could look right thru them. The RK's weren't as loud because the seem to deepen the tone and have a lot of packing or something around the sides. Once you start drilling thru the inlet side of the RSTD pipes its nearly a straight thru and there is no packing in them. Kinda sounds like a mustang when its in the higher revs.

• 12 years later...

I’m not familiar with the acronyms RK , TD and RSTD

what are the names of these pipes, I’m looking for something similar to stock, my bike came with HD pipes and they are a lil too loud and affect the jetting .

Are there any after market pipes that are not loud without having to spend $400 +

Edited by Fasteddiebull