IGNORED

Winter Gloves

Royal Venturer

Gerbing heated leather gloves. I've been using them for 2 years, the coldest I've ridden so far is 15 degrees fahrenheit (ambient temperature). My hands were very warm even driving at speeds of 65 and 70. I also have a heated coat liner and heated over pants. They all work perfectly, and yes they are pricey however it depends on what you need and want. Be careful, it will drain your battery. I've put an led battery guage on my bike to keep watch on the voltage drain. Don't ride in the snow or ice but a little cold weather don't scare me anymore.:Venture:

:sign20:Yeah, I know, you're a tough dude. :) , and I AM a wimp :) . I like to have fun and enjoy the ride. If it becomes a survival issue, I'll pass. If youse likes to ride in the cold, move to Alaska :snow2: and get a snow mobile..... :whistling: :) :rotf:

AND WHATS WRONG WITH A SNOWMOBILE????? It my second mode of transportation 9 months out of the year. :whistling::rotf:

Gerbings for me too.

I have the harness wired in permanently so I have a short pigtail one each side that comes along the grip but allows movement.

I plug the gloves in about 20 minutes before I'm ready to start on days below 40 and the've kept me toasty in the 20's & 30's as well.

No matter what else you do, if you can't keep your hands warm, riding is unconfortable in lower temps. Once you try everything else, get the Gerbings. You'll wonder why you waited that long!

Yeah. They are about $140. (plus the harness adapters - about $23 from Gerbing). They're worth every penny.

Murph'

looked for winter riding gloves about 4 yrs ago...did research, internet searches etc....bought a pair that were highly rated by a bike magazine for 39.95.....fingers got cold after an hour at about 45 degrees.....then bought the highly touted harley winter gloves....same cold fingers.....so...get the heated gloves and be done with it.....i use the heated liners

• 5 weeks later...

I bought the Vaso liners last year, and had a hard time keeping the battery connected. They have better magnets, or extra magnets that they offered me, if you have the same problem, ask them for the extra magnets.

So far I am underwhelmed, but they do help.

I use Toe warmers in my boots, and on really cold days, I put one on top of each hand on top of the Vaso liner and I am toasty.

I am not fond of more wires connecting me to the bike, so go through this routine! :starz:

I bought the Vaso liners last year, and had a hard time keeping the battery connected. They have better magnets, or extra magnets that they offered me, if you have the same problem, ask them for the extra magnets.

So far I am underwhelmed, but they do help.

I use Toe warmers in my boots, and on really cold days, I put one on top of each hand on top of the Vaso liner and I am toasty.

I am not fond of more wires connecting me to the bike, so go through this routine! :starz:

I'm hoping the new version released this year lives up to the hype and is a bit better. I like the idea of toe-warmers on your lines, brilliant. I happen to have a bunch!

Like you, I'm not connected to the bike with anything, including my vest.

Here's the vest I use/love! Settings from 1-10 and I haven't gone above 4 yet.

http://www.techniche-intl.com/content/blogcategory/35/114/

I use deerskin thinsulate workgloves with silk liners. First year my hands have been warm. I have a 60 mile ride to work and 2 days last week and one this week it was 35 when I left home at 3:30 am. I also believe the Clearview shield has helped alot by routing the wind farther around my hands.

Words of advice on heated gloves or socks..

DO NOT waste your time or money on the heated gloves that use a "C" size battery in the wrist.....or the heated socks that uses a "C" size battery in the elastic portion at the top of the socks...

Both are "PURE JUNK" "waste of time and a "WASTE OF MONEY"...

From what you spend on useless, worthless, cheap junk gloves, and socks, you could have bought a complete heated outfit...

and dont bother asking me how I know...........:buttkick::buttkick::buttkick::buttkick::buttkick::buttkick::buttkick::buttkick::buttkick::buttkick::buttkick::buttkick::buttkick:

• 3 years later...

Somewhere someone commented on electric wired gloves that had wires in the palm, back of hand, wrist AND fingers, with a lifetime guarantee. Any body know of them? Thanks for the help! LOL

Rode in Ft Collins, Co yesterday, 60's, but with electric gloves that really work I would ride ca 45 or so. :fingers-crossed-emo

Jack T

Bought stinking heated gloves that take 4 aa batteries at farm and fleet for $19.00 and they work great, you will go through some batteries yes, never tried rechargeable in them.

I have also used hunting gloves that have pockets for hand warmers in them but your thumb suffers. I have also used a thermal care back heater for a cold ride, awesome, and toe warmers with good results. I have found that it keeps me warm on a treestand it works well when it's cold and I wear a 100 MPH suit for rain, if it can keep me dry while fishing , it keeps me dry while riding. . .

Just saying you don't have to reinvent comfort. . .

I'll second the Aero ropers. They're a little "meaty", but they've kept me warm for several years in some pretty cool temps. I typically ride regularly down into the low 30's, and two years ago left home one morning on a 450 mile ride when it was 17 and the "high" that day was 38....

With that said, my FEET are what I have trouble keeping warm. Finally got some heated battery powered insoles for my boots and that seems to have solved that problem..