IGNORED

Used parts available for 1st Gens

Do you have a good TCI unit? I've narrowed my problem down to a bad transistor that is on order, but never a bad idea to have a good spare lying around.

By the way, I'm just up the road of you up bit in Rome.

And, just for fun, how much for the entire engine?

Sorry the TCI sold on ebay FYI it went for $104.00

I'll sell the entire engine less starter, carbs and the stator is bad for $250 You pick it up or $325.00 delivered. It turned over easily before I started parting it out, Odommeter was showing a little over 50K miles. Or I have a 87, 1300 less Carbs and starter and Stator and cover. 1300 has a bad starter clutch. 80k miles for $175 you pick up $250.00 delivered.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for the fast reply, I'm looking for the plastic frame that fit's around the radiator, the sides help divert air into the radiator.. trying to put one on my 89vr.

Yep I got it. I last quoted it for $35.00 plus shipping or lets say total $45.00 should cover it. It's boxed ready to go. Just send address and how you wish to pay and it's on the way to you. I prefer paypal it's quicker than mail.

Atlanta Dragonslayer,

I am looking for the "L shaped" lower left side (as if you were setting on the bike) fairing part with or without vents, in really good shape, that goes around the left side of the engine. This fairing piece connects to the front straight connector that connects to the same piece on the right side. I have an 86 VR with the Urishi Black/Marshall Gold dual color tone. This fairing piece I am wanting is all one color--Urishi Black. If you have this piece in really good shape, please let me know the purchase price + shipping to Dallas.

Thank you,

Allen

Dallas, Texas

I'm always looking for upper fairing halves if the price is right, and top black pieces left and right. PM me if you want...
Bongo, I've got both halves of the upper fairings they are in good shape but will need to be repainted. Some previouse owner sparypainted Red on Red Fairings with flat black and did not do a good job of it. I'll make you a special deal for being so kind to send me the gremlin bell.

[ATTACH]22112[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]22113[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]22114[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]22115[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]22116[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]22117[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]22118[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]22119[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]22120[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]22121[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]22122[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]22123[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]22124[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]22125[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]22126[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]22127[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]22128[/ATTACH]

'83? Fairings upper & lower? Color? Condition? engine guards?
Fairings upper both left and right are in good shape, Minor repairs needed on just a couple of mounting tabs. I'll sell the upper fairings for $75.00 each plus shipping. Lower fairings need some repair I've got both the left and right side lower fairings but I would not say either one was in good shape both have cracked or broken places and would need to be repaired and repainted but they are fixable. I'll sell them for $5.00 a piece, plus shipping.and don't have vent grills all will need to be repainted Previous owner spray painted flat black over original red on red color. Got both front engine gaurds in good shape, no road rash. Correction on engine guards. I have two different sets, one with highway pegs and one set without. neither set is bent up but both have some surface rust and minor dents and scratches but no major road rash on a scale from 1 to 10 I'd give them a 7 to 8. I sell either set for $40.00 plus shipping.

I'll post pictures later this morning. Then make me an offer plus shipping on the pieces you want.

Edited by Dragonslayer

Guest Thainglo
Sorry the TCI sold on ebay FYI it went for $104.00

I'll sell the entire engine less starter, carbs and the stator is bad for $250 You pick it up or $325.00 delivered. It turned over easily before I started parting it out, Odommeter was showing a little over 50K miles. Or I have a 87, 1300 less Carbs and starter and Stator and cover. 1300 has a bad starter clutch. 80k miles for $175 you pick up $250.00 delivered.

Was the 1200 engine running before you parted the bike out? Any issues with second gear?

Was the 1200 engine running before you parted the bike out? Any issues with second gear?

I bought the 1200 off ebay as a parts bike and it was not running, and had no title. But, I put a good battery in it and it turned over easily and all the systems seemed to work well. But, I never saw it running or have ridden it so I have no history with the second gear.

As I started parting out the motorcycle all the parts seemed to be in good mechanical shape and working order except for dirty and in need of some clean-up. In the process of parting it out I took the stator cover off and found the stator completely fried which would explain it not running. The above is the exact circumstances of the motor as far I know but I make no other promises or claims about the motor I was just planning to part the motor out as needed for parts. Your welcome to inspect the engine since you live relatively close. Or Ill be glad to remove whatever parts you may be interest in .

I do however, have history with the 1300. It was on my bike and running before I replaced it with a 1990 low mileage motor I found for a pretty good deal $550.00 including shipping. At the time my starter clutch had gone out which was the reason I swapped the motor out.

Edited by Dragonslayer
add pictures

Atlanta Dragonslayer,

I am looking for the "L shaped" lower left side (as if you were setting on the bike) fairing part with or without vents, in really good shape, that goes around the left side of the engine. This fairing piece connects to the front straight connector that connects to the same piece on the right side. I have an 86 VR with the Urishi Black/Marshall Gold dual color tone. This fairing piece I am wanting is all one color--Urishi Black. If you have this piece in really good shape, please let me know the purchase price + shipping to Dallas.

Thank you,

Allen

Dallas, Texas

I've got both the left and right side lower fairings but I would not say either one was in good shape both have cracked or broken places and would need to be repaired and repainted but they are fixable. I'll sell them for $5.00 a piece, plus shipping. Edited by Dragonslayer

Hi There-

I need a the right fairing half (outside).

Does it have most of it's tabs?

Thanks, cost sounds OK. But physical condition?

Let me know,:thumbsup:

See the pictures and description in the previous post above the right side has one tab broken in half . the one on the bottom toward the front

Bob, I don't need the pieces right away as they are for the project '85 that I haven't even got running yet. It's a winter project and I haven't decided what color it's going to be so the crappy paint job doesn't bother me. However, if cmiles or another member want the pieces go ahead and sell them to whoever and I'm sure something will come up sooner or later...

I will buy the right fairing piece.

PayPal?

Total to Kansas?

Thanks,

Mark Koontz

1229 Threewood St

Wichita, KS 67235

:scorched:

Paypal would be fine I'm thinking $20.00 should cover shipping package won't be heavy but it will be a fairly large box. Paypal $95.00 total part and shipping to my account at charlesgraham4867@comcast.net soon as payment received I'll have it on the way.

Bob, Got the moneypit running this afternoon. Found out the fuel tank has a leak in it. All plastic is currently off the bike as am dragging my feet on paint. So shouldn't be too much work to change at this point. Do you have a tank, and will it fit my 89?

Bob, Got the moneypit running this afternoon. Found out the fuel tank has a leak in it. All plastic is currently off the bike as am dragging my feet on paint. So shouldn't be too much work to change at this point. Do you have a tank, and will it fit my 89?
Sure do, it out ready to be boxed up and sent to you How About $50.00 plus shipping?