IGNORED

Ike's on his way.... Stay safe

mini-muffin

Hey JT, Looks like its gonna be in your backyard Saturday Morning...

Did you get everything out of the house you don't want any more and put it in the backyard? :doh:

If you need anything holler.

Buddy , RIGHT NOW, it looks like Ike will make landfall about 90 miles NORTH , of us!

we'll get a little wind, and probably a lot of rain, but YOU will probably get hammered , worse than me!

i got all of the windows boarded up, started moving "stuff" around in the yard, got too hot , and said "the hell with it"!!!

if it ain't here after the blow, then i probably didn't need it anyhow!

lol

just jt:dancefool::scorched::scorched:

My son was again working in Houston when the evacuation notice was given, just like when Gustave came in. Seems everytime he goes to Houston lately, something bad happens there, guess he ought to quit working over there, but he is on his way home now, I pray he doesnt get hung up in all the evacuation traffic, You folks in the path, take cover and be safe, dont try to ride this one out, it could get really really nasty................

Hey lewis. i road out Carla, in '61.

biggest baddest hurricane to ever hit the us.

a cat. 5, will make even MACHO men quake in their boots!

of course i was an 11 year old kid, and we didn't have ""Dr. Steve Lyons", to tell us to evacuate!

SHOOT , half the time, we couldn't even GET t.v. reception!

lol

:big-grin-emoticon::big-grin-emoticon:

just jt

You guys make sure you have some of the phone numbers from the site. This way we know you're all ok. Just in case you don't have power. That's usually the first thing to go.

Oh those twinkies aren't the same anymore so when the storm is over your gonna have to eat them all. They changed their recipe so they won't last till the end of time.:rotf::rotf:

Margaret

Hey Buddy, you got rocks tied to yous bike? That way the bike will hold those rocks down ... and tuck in yous shirt if you go out into the wind!! Don't wanna see you parasailing on Utube!!

we are staying in place as the mayor calls it. we are ready as can be. good lord willing and the creek don't rise. we also have room to spare for anyone who needs it.:thumbsup2:

don c.

Don, have ya checked in on Don H., lately?

i talked with him a couple of days ago, but i don't know what his plans are. looks like ya'll are get more of the wind, than i am.

stay safe, all of you "Harris county folks".

just jt

I live 1 1/2 miles from Galveston Bay at the mouth of the ship channel in Houston (LaPorte) actually. I am at work tonight but will be getting off at 5:30 a.m. Go home weake up the wife ,gently I might add, and decide if we are going to ride this baby out or head out of town. It would be kinda nice to stay as there are very few folks left here. They are estimating 2 million people will evacuate before its over. Oh well, you folks take care and remember us in your prayers. See Ya.:scubadive:

Hey all.

Anywhere will be better than the coast! But take this warning: If you are going to leave your area, best to head West or East, not North.

I'm in Dallas / Ft. Worth area. We have been getting rain every few days last couple weeks. Reall heavy system just went through mon - wed. Ground is heavily saturated and waterways are full already. Perfect conditions for flooding up here. I'm sure most of N. Texas is the same.

We won't get a hurricane or real bad winds, but flooding is expected to be bad. And if it Ikey turns North after houston, like they are predicting, then East TX will get some serious wind and rain.

Just my :2cents:. Whatever you do, be smart and safe!

~Chris

Oh, Great. I think my ISP is based in Houston. I may not get on for a while if they don't have any redundant links in a different city for their network...:doh:

Don't know how long I'll be able to hold out without being here, May get the DT's AGAIN...

I hear that man.. Not much you can do about mother nature! If Verizon would hurry up and finish their Fiber install on my street I could host it here on one of my servers if you went down.. but, no joy on that :(

Best of luck to ya! :scubadive: