Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

1. Is there a way to set the font, color, and size when making a post? So each time I don't have to go through the motions to get what I want? Or have I looked over something? I know its not anything major, just makes it looks pretty.......
  2. Yeah ... I know ... personal preference and all... I am looking to get some for engine lights and ground effects, and I am just looking for opinions on a color choice. I have a Black Cherry '06 RSV and I was going to go with green, but am now thinking it might look muddy. What do you guys think? I am open to all suggestions ... nothing wrong with white ... red? purple?? I just have a feeling that buying a single color set might be better quality than a multi color set...? Oopinions on that? Thanks all!
  3. A husband went to police station to report his missing wife: Husband : I've lost my wife, she went shopping yesterday and has still not come home. Sergeant : What is her height ? Husband : Oh, 5 something . . . Sergeant : Build? Husband : Not slim, not really fat. Sergeant : Color of eyes? Husband : Never noticed. Sergeant : Color of hair? Husband : Changes according to season. Sergeant : What was she wearing? Husband : Dress/suit/blue jeans -- I don't remember exactly. Sergeant : Did she go in a car? Husband : yes. Sergeant : What kind of car was it? Husband : 2015 Corvette Stingray 3LT with the Z51 Performance Package, shark gray metallic paint, with the 6.2 liter V8 engine with Direct Injection generating 460 HP. 8-speed paddle-shift automatic transmission, and GT bucket seats, and has a very thin scratch on the front left door....... At this point the husband started crying... Sergeant : Don't worry sir.......We'll find your car.
  4. Just wanted to share.. As some of you know I like to go through radiators for some reson... any ways. I just installed a new radiator and one of Stave Wagner's Grills. (in hopes of more protection) Steve does awesome work!, I even had it match my Millennium Color! I ordered the paint from Color Rite.. Millennium Color (hard to match), I have been really impressed on how they can match our bike colors.. I myself really like how it takes that black Void out of a light color bike...take a looksy! (before/after) (one happy camper) :thumbsup2:thanks Steve.. Jeff [ATTACH]17243[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]17244[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]17245[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]17246[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]17247[/ATTACH]
  5. Got my cheapo air horn from Ebay and because red was cheaper than chrome, and I am cheap, I had no choice but to mount it in the fairing. I was worried about it being muffled, but after I installed it I tried it before and after I put the shell back on and saw no difference. I may be crazy but the shell seems to act like a soundboard and actually enhance the sound. BTW a special thanks to Freebird for the heads up on the color of the horn switchwire (pink). This particular horn pulls alot of amps so I went ahead and ran the power wire straight from the battery with a 30 amp fuse in line.
  6. Getting ready to paint my 83 Venture. I have all of the fairings and side covers ready to shoot, and finishing work on the luggage and fenders and then I'll be ready for paint when I get a warm enough day to do it. I want a color that will be a bit more modern and I've settled on either 2008 GM Atomic Orange, or House of Kolor Sunset Pearl. What do you guys think?
  7. I wanted to personalize our riding jackets & I came across a FANTASTIC source for custom patches & such http://arizonabikerleathers.com/ I actually found them on EBay http://myworld.ebay.com/arizonabikerleathers?_trksid=p2047675.l2559 The place is owned by George & Ann Ziegler. They made my custom name patch for $4.99 SHIPPED!! I had my choice of background color, border thread color, as well as Letter forn & thread color. Made same day & shipped same day! The glue is right to the edge & holds the patch SOLID I just set the iron to max, used a thin towel to cover. Preheated the material, placed the patch covered it with the towel 8 seconds repeat & let cool before touching. Here's a few pix of our jackets: Highly recommended
  8. I've seen them on here before but can't find any. Does anyone have a color wiring diagram for the RSV? specifically the lighting section. Had to do some work on the brake lights on mine and found that the PO royally screwed stuff up back there. I'd like to go back to square one and start over. thanks
  9. Same thing, different color. http://www.starmotorcycles.com/star/products/modelhome/586/0/home.aspx
  10. I'm looking for the color code for the pinstripes on an 08 RSV, the Black Cherry model. I can't seem to find it any where.
  11. Would anyone happen to know the wire color and were it might be for the Electronic Speedo for the Second Gen. ? Adding a gear indicator soon. just for another project. I know it doesn't have a relay bit thats OK ! Thanks, Jeff
  12. Well my trunk is in the paint process and it is looking good. Cant wait till I get it back and installed. I went with solid color on trunk with a black bottom and then will add pin striping. Joe
  13. Just delivered my Venture to the bike shop in Atlantic Iowa to be fitted with a Hannigan Trike kit. They will take it to the Hannigan plant in Kentucky for the installation, being the week of July 9 to July 14. First, they'll send them one of the saddle bags to use for a color match. I'll have an updated report on the results next month. Yeah, just calm down, huh! Owen.
  14. Hey all you folks that use the maps of the USA and Canada on your sig line...how in the world, or where...did you get that couple of maps, that you can color in for each state you have ridden through, and the Canadian provinces ???? Is it going to piss anybody off if I color in every state...except Hawaii, and also color in all the Canadian provinces. Yes, I have in fact ridden to all 48 lower states, and ridden all over Alaska, and ridden to all the Canadian provinces. In fact, did all 48 lower states in less than 10 days. So, please...tell me where I can get one of those cool sig line maps. Thanks, Miles Million Mile Rider AMA - IBA:bighug:
  15. New High School Exit Exam, you only need 4 correct out of 10 questions to pass. 1) How long did the Hundred Years' War last? 2) Which country makes Panama hats? 3) From which animal do we get cat gut? 4) In which month do Russians celebrate the October Revolution? 5) What is a camel's hair brush made of? 6) The Canary Islands in the Pacific are named after what animal? 7) What was King George VI's first name? 8) What color is a purple finch? 9) Where are Chinese gooseberries from? 10) What is the color of the black box in a commercial airplane? Remember, you need only 4 correct answers to pass. Check your answers below.... ANSWERS TO THE QUIZ 1) How long did the Hundred Years War last? 116 years 2) Which country makes Panama hats? Ecuador 3) From which animal do we get cat gut? Sheep and Horses 4) In which month do Russians celebrate the October Revolution? November 5) What is a camel's hair brush made of? Squirrel fur 6) The Canary Islands in the Pacific are named after what animal? Dogs 7) What was King George VI's first name? Albert 8) What color is a purple finch? Crimson 9) Where are Chinese gooseberries from? New Zealand 10) What is the color of the black box in a commercial airplane? Orange (of course) What do you mean, you failed? Me, too. (And if you try to tell me you passed, you LIED!) Pass this on to some brilliant friends, so they may feel useless too. RandyA
  16. Does anyone happen to know about the finish on the OEM master cylinder? Is it paint, raw aluminum with clear, or some other kind of coating? I'm trying to get a used 14mm master cylinder but would like to make sure its the same color as my original silver color on the 2000 RSV.
  17. Does anyone know of a touch up paint or spray that matches the gold color in the 1 inch square emblem that is on many accessories items like on the chrome calipar covers or on the rear trunk rack. It will also have 1200 or 1300 on it also.
  18. So my 87 is coming along. Still running poorly from sitting 2 years with old gas. Fixed the clutch yesterday so I thought a quick spin around the block was in order. Was great up to the point of needing brakes ...no rear brakes ...ANYWAYS ...sitting here talking to my son about the 87 and what color he would want it. SO...how about posting a picture of the different colors and paint schemes so he can have a visual to help in his decision .
  19. I had these pictures saved on my hard drive, i think I probably saved them from this site, but I cannot find them in the gallery. I really really like this color, I'd like to ask the owner what color this is. http://www.haveparrotwilltravel.com/gallery2/albums/userpics/101_0012.JPG http://www.haveparrotwilltravel.com/gallery2/albums/userpics/101_0013.JPG http://www.haveparrotwilltravel.com/gallery2/albums/userpics/101_0014.JPG
  20. I would like to convert Regular Bulbs to LEDs. For starters 1) Brake Turn Signals Can I use white LEDs or do I need to get colored LEDs? 2) I have a trailer in which I purchased a set of new LED lights. (Brake, Turn Signals, Running). Can I hook them up straight or are there considerations? 3) Dash Lights Are they all the same size? Same ? regarding color. White or respective color. Will some be too bright? 4) Did I miss any lights 5) Is there a better source regarding quality and price than the local auto store? 6) Are there any draw backs to this?
  21. I have been asked a number of times now about the retro design of the speedometer on our 2000 RSV (red - the best color). Do any of you know if it was modeled after any particular truck or automobile speedo from the 1950's?
  22. I got an email asking if I knew where to get the "states visited" patches. I did some searching and found a place that has the patches and you color the states in with a marker. Thought I would post it here in case anybody else is interested. http://www.gmanindustries.com/shop/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=49
  23. I asked how to hook up the 4 pin trailer plug on my old 84 and someone here had the wire color codes to splice into, now I have an 86 and lost the the print out does someone know the color codes to hook it up ? Tom
  24. Does anyone know of a way to clean up the passengers hard plastic armrest if it is scuffed up and therefore off color from the rest of it?
  25. The clear protector pieces that screw into the bottom of the fairing on each side to redirect air flow are pretty scratched up & I'm thinking of replacing them. Anyone know if you can get those in a smoke color? Just wondering...not a big fan of the clear pieces.