Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

Found 4 results

1. I hit the donate button on the bar above for the second time just now. On the way to work, it started raining. A turning car was stopped in the left lane, and I moved into center lane. I slowed, knowing, just knowing, one of the cars behind the obstructor would pull out. The trailing Lexus did just that when I was within 30'. I hit the airhorn, but they kept coming. At that point, I could either hit the Lexus or go down. I went down, still blaring my horn. I slid 20' or so. I'm unhurt... it was another slow-motion go-down. My bike is unhurt too, thanks to the crash bars. But I am angry at the Lexus, who not only didn't stop to render aid at the accident they caused, but zoomed off at warp speed. That ticks me off. Anyways, as is the custom, I donated $5 to the site following this latest incident. I am grateful for the community here, and this is a small thing to help it survive. If you've had a drop and haven't donated, this is your reminder.
  2. One of the things that stand out about our recent trip to San Francisco is that on the way there we pulled off the interstate to eat. We had to stop for a red light before continuing to the restaurant...there on the corner was a panhandler. Not the typical panhandler as we both commented on his attire, which was actually pretty nice (better clothes than what I was wearing). We continued on the restaurant...where we sat outside. While eating, Belinda said "look at that"...it was the panhandler coming to eat, too...getting out of a Lexus! I know that many of these people need help, but when I'm driving a Corolla and he is driving a Lexus...I'm just saying!
  3. ...both cars got me VERY FRUSTRATED with where auto digital technology is going...... So, my lady's lease is up on her RX350 and she still tolerates me enough to be invited along to go test riding with her. We took the Q5 and the new RX350 out this weekend. Both are within a grand of each other, but Lexus might give her a slightly better lease for being a return customer, so price not the issue. The newer Lexus grew an inch everywhere and so I wanted her to consider the Audi because it is smaller than the RX350 and because I thought her current one was kind of big to begin with. BUT this is my frustration; it is on the same topic that I've been complaining about to her whenever I get in her car. And that is that these high tech cars actually make driving more cumbersome, they actually make you less attentive to the road. I can operate all the controls on my cheapo GM car way faster than on her car while doing the exact same thing. For example, changing the climate controls on her Lexus can involve up to five hits on the touch screen, which involves reaching to the dash up to five times; whereas on my car I can practically do it without looking. Additionally, the same thing with the GPS; which I was cursing last weekend on a trip to Toronto with her; if I had my cheapo Garmin I surely would have been 5 minutes faster finding our address. So NOW we go to the new Q5 and the RX350 and here is my big beef...on both these cars they have this mouse control stick on the right hand console near the gear shift. It has buttons around the mouse to click your selections. To operate the environment controls and GPS (and much more) you have to move the mouse controller and make your selections using the surrounding buttons, and that involves watching the mouse track along on the screen to various menu options. So your eyes are off the road even more than before!!! PLUS, you have to train yourself on all this. That means that anybody getting into the car cannot quickly operate something. We did a lot of internet surfing on these cars before hand. Auto reviewers say that these digital systems are the most intuitive yet. I say TO HECK with them. My biggest beef about this new technology is how UNintuitive it is. So when I hopped into both these cars I didn't let the sales guys show me how they worked. I wanted to see if I could do it as a total stranger to the system, and let me tell you I'd have to sit there for 5 minutes just to access the GPS or change the temperature....absolutely stupid. The only answer that the sales guys had for my frustration was that these systems can do everything with voice commands. Well, so what, that is the same voice system on her car now and she could never get it working because it would never recognize her commands from one day to the next. PLUS even if the car got trained on her voice, then it would be totally useless for the next guy that got in it...like me. I'm so flippin exasperated about this; I'm surprized that the auto consumer hasn't given more negative feedback about this. Has anyone had any experience with these systems? You can all forget about the you're "getting too much like an old fart, Swifty" replies...cuz I'm smart and I know it...just ask Tuckett.
  4. Harley Davidson Recently announced a joint effort with Lexus to develope a VROD trike. The manufacturing process is said to be unconventional and the first time anything like this has been attempted. P.S. This happened about a year ago near work, no one was injured believe it or not.