Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

1. OK. I have absolutely no experience with a stator going bad on my Venture Royale and I have no idea what to look for if a problem is developing. I've heard that on a Gold Wing, when the stator goes out, everything goes out. You're basically dead in the water. I have no idea if that is typical with this bike or not. Here's what I've experienced today. I had to run to the parts house to get some new brake pads for the wife's Geo. Everything went as clockwork. I fred up the bike, drove to the Zone, got the parts, and driv back. I went back out to fire the bike up about four hours later. The bike turn once, then started clicking. I had to use the battery charger to get it fired up. I got it running again and driv it to the cars wash so's I could clean it up a bit. Got done, tried to fire it up, it turned twice and quit. Had to call the wife out to jump start me (I ain't pushin' it). I got it fired back up and took it for an investigative ride. Once the RPM's get over 2 G's, it shows to be charging just below the 3/4 mark on the voltmeter (well above the 12 mark). If I let it idle, the voltmeter drops to just above the yellow mark (well below the 12 mark). When the engine is running 2 G's and above, the voltmeter stays just below the 3/4 mark and does not fluctuate. So what could have caused my problem? Is the stator trying to go bad? The previous owner also had replaced the original battery with one from a Gold Wing. As a result, I have no place to stick the special battery sensor tube. Could this be where my problem lies? Do I just need to get out and ride the bike some more to keep the battery charged up?
  2. Guest

84 Venture

thinking about going over to the darkside... so, after looking at the links here, looking at the database and charts, I still do NOT know which CT might fit on my ride. I was just out in the garage, with a light, and the only "size" I see stamped on my Dunlop Elite is MU90 16 78H... Help! I get it's a 16" rim but what do them other numbers and letters mean and what CT can I put on her??? THANKS VR.org I already know that you are going to be coming through with the answer. Cheers, Mark J Haug
  3. I'm doing my 52,000 mile valve adjustment. My dilema is this. The manual states that when #1 cylinder is at top dead center you will see the timing mark through the viewing hole and the cam lobes will be facing away from each other. Mine lean in towards each other. When turning the engine 180 degrees and so forth it all works out that when you hit #3 cylinder you see the other single timing mark so I guess I'm doing it right. I noticed this last time nd chalked it up to a mispraint in the manual. Anyone else experienced this?
  4. headdoc

Mirrors

I'm looking for a set of stock mirrors for a 2nd gen Venture. Thanks, Mark Headdoc
  5. A benefit and Memorial car and Bike show for Mark. http://www.mr-motorcycle.com/event_list_detail.asp?ecode=583922&smonth=10&syear=2012&emonth=12&eyear=2012&location=0&Submit=Search&inputpage=2
  6. Just read on facebook that Mark passed away. Has anyone else heard this?
  7. I got a call from Mary on the arrangements for Mark. There will be a memorial service on Tuesday at the Biltmore Christ Temple, 260 Fairview Road, Asheville, NC. 28803 at 6:30 pm. There will not be a viewing as Mark is to be cremated. She is trying now to get some pictures together for display. I suggested she may be able to get some pictures from here and have copies made. We talked about what Mark had expressed and she said he had earlier stated that he wanted his ashes spread on the beach in Pensacola FL and some to be spread at their favorite riding roads, such as the Blue Ridge Parkway. I suggested that we may be able to put a group together for a ride on the BRP and have a Memorial service there also. Mary has expressed that in lieu of flowers, she could really use any donations. I do not have a PayPal account for receiving money and if someone else would like to take care of this, it would be greatly appeciated. Mary has given me her phone number and if anyone would like to talk with her, please let me know and I will give you her number. I want to say again that Mark was really a great guy. He had a great presence of being a big kid. He was always smiling and had a fun personality. He absolutely loved this site and the people he had met. As I said earlier, I was not sure what I was going to be able to do about putting together an Asheville Rally and Mark stepped up and did a great job. He must have taken a weeks vacation so he would be there early to be able to meet everyone coming in. Mark will be missed. His last name is Hopey RandyA
  8. I just talked to Mary and as you can imagine, she is devastated with Mark's death. As best I can understand what she told me, as I could barely hear her, Mark had complained Thursday of not feeling well and having a back ache. When he went to bed, she gave him some back massage and he went to sleep. When she went to bed later, he was laying across the bed and was blue and had blood coming out of his mouth/nose. He could not be revived and was taken to Wake Forest for an autopsy. It may be awhile before it is known what caused his death, but at this time it is suspected that it may have been an intestinal aneurysm, which is probably one of the most deadly aneurysms. I did tell Mary that she has a whole bunch of folks on VentureRider that really cared for her and Mark and she and her family are in our thoughts and prayers. She said she will call me and give more information as it comes available. RandyA
  9. This time it's me! Coming down a small hill, in a light rain, we came to a 90 degree bend. As we entered the curve....oh no it's covered in very fine gravel. As we began to slide we hit the guardrail at about 25 mph. We flew off the side and landed in the road. We just got home from the hospital an hour ago. I have bruised ribs from hitting the handlebars (I think), wife has a concussion. Thank God it was nothing worse,(but the ribs are still hurting!). We were hauled away before the bike was, so in the morning I'll have to track it down. It didn't look pretty when I last saw her laying on her side with her front wedged under the guardrail. Now, advice from you that have "been there done that", what are my next steps? If you were at Don's for maintainence day maybe you saw our baby. She is/was a white RSTD with chrome and gold/silver pin-stripping with 3 crosses on the tank and fenders. Hopefully she will look like that again someday! Mark
  10. I just want to say a big thanks to Mark, Warrior/Honeybee, for all the effort and enthuasiam that he put into our Asheville Rally this year. He did a great job and made a great get together even better. I also want to thank Ron, Sylwoody, and his wife Katrina for also bringing a fantastic setup for us to gather and be able to get out of the rain and hangout. And, again this year, they brought some incrediblely good wine that Ron's father makes. They stayed over with us Sunday night and we had a great ride over the Blue Ridge Parkway Sunday to Cherokee and had a great meal at Grannie's Restaurant. I just can not believe the weekend is over with. RandyA
  11. VERY SCARY commercial... and if true - now we boycott Nissan... Motorcyclists aren’t Targets:How Nissan Juke Misses the Mark | J&P Cycles' Motorcycle Parts and Acce http://blog.jpcycles.com/2012/04/motorcyclists-arent-targetshow-nissan-juke-misses-the-mark/comment-page-1/#comment-19918
  12. All, OK, I saw another ad that made me think of this. During my restoration I am looking to recover or replace the brown seat/back that I have for my 84 with a black one. I know I can look on ebay and do quite often but I also wanted to check here for any tips from the group. Thanks, Mark
  13. SCHOOL - 1957 vs. 2010 Scenario : Johnny and Mark get into a fight after school. 1957 - Crowd gathers. Mark wins. Johnny and Mark shake hands and end up best friends. 2010 - Police called, arrests Johnny and Mark.. Charge them with assault, both expelled even though Johnny started it. Both children go to anger management programs for 3 months. School governors hold meeting to implement bullying prevention programmes Scenario : Robbie won't be still in class, disrupts other students. 1957 - Robbie sent to office and given 6 of the best by the Principal. Returns to class, sits still and does not disrupt class again. 2010 - Robbie given huge doses of Ritalin. Becomes a zombie. Tested for ADHD. Robbie's parents get fortnightly disability payments and School gets extra funding from government because Robbie has a disability. Scenario : Billy breaks a window in his neighbour's car and his Dad gives him a whipping with his belt. 1957 - Billy is more careful next time, grows up normal, goes to college, and becomes a succe ssful businessman. 2010 - Billy's dad is arrested for child abuse. Billy removed to foster care and joins a gang. Scenario : Mark gets a headache and takes some aspirin to school. 1957 - Mark gets glass of water from Principal to take aspirin with. 2010 - Police called, Mark expelled from school for drug taking. Car searched for drugs and weapons. Scenario : Johnny takes apart leftover fireworks from Guy Fawkes night, puts them in a paint tin & blows up a wasp's nest. 1957 - Wasps die. 2010- Police & Anti-Terrorism Squad called. Johnny charged with domestic terrorism, investigate parents, siblings removed from home, computers confiscated. Johnny's Dad goes on a terror watch list and is never allowed to fly again. Scenario : Johnny falls while running during morning break and scrapes his knee. He is found crying by his teacher, Mary . Mary hugs him to comfort him. 1957 - In a short time, Johnny feels bet ter and goes on playing. 2010 - Mary is accused of being a sexual predator and loses her job. She faces 3 years in Prison. Johnny undergoes 5 years of therapy. This should be sent to every e-mail address to show how stupid we have become!
  14. Dana and Missy arrived yesterday afternoon from Durham, N.C. It is now 3:00 am in Newnan Ga. and we are getting ready to leave for Memphis, Tn. for the Mean Dog/St. Jude Memorial Ride. We will be meeting up with other VR members and members of the NARR for a meet and eat and ride to St. Jude to make our donation. We are very close to the $3600.00 mark, and I know it will be added to nce we get there, and NARR is well above that I am sure, but if we dont hit the $10,000.00 mark we will be close to it. Thanks to everyone who has donated, bid on articles, helped out at Vogel, bought raffle tickets, and be a cheerleader for this effort. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
  15. Check out this model....especially the night scenes. I used to be in the sign business, selling scrolling poster signs and if you watch at the 3:04 min mark and again at the 4 minute mark you can see models of what I used to sell! So Cool!!!!! EDIT: forgot the link!!!!!! [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qz4NcTnQedo&annotation_id=annotation_781794&feature=iv]Knuffingen Airport: Kleinster Flughafen der Welt // The world's smallest airport - YouTube[/ame]
  16. Mike Ray from one of the other clubs crashed his bike and It was all caught on his VIDEO CAMERA. crash happen at the 8 min. mark [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DymMZv73-_Q&feature=share]motorcycle wreck at about the 8 minute mark, my wife is on her bike in front of me - YouTube[/ame] PHILL
  17. 1961 vs. 2011 Scenario 1: Jack goes duck hunting before school and then pulls into the school parking lot with his shotgun in his truck's gun rack. 1961 -Vice Principal comes over, looks at Jack's shotgun, goes to his car and gets his shotgun to show Jack.. 2011 -School goes into lock down, Police called, Jack hauled off to jail and never sees his truck or gun again. Counsellors called in for traumatized students and teachers. Scenario 2: Johnny and Mark get into a fist fight after school. 1961 -Crowd gathers. Mark wins. Johnny and Mark shake hands and end up buddies. 2011 -Police called and SWAT team arrives -- they arrest bothJohnny and Mark. They are both charged with assault and both expelled even though Johnny started it. Scenario 3: Jeffrey will not be still in class, he disrupts other students. 1961 -Jeffrey sent to the Principal's office and given the strap by the Principal. He then returns to class, sits still and does not disrupt class again. 2011 -Jeffrey is given huge doses of a tranquilizer. He becomes a zombie. He is then tested for ADD.. The school gets extra money from the province because Jeffrey has a disability. Scenario 4: Billy breaks a window in his neighbour's car and his Dad gives him a whipping with his belt. 1961 -Billy is more careful next time, grows up normal, goes to university and becomes a successful businessman. 2011 -Billy's dad is arrested for child abuse. Billy is removed tofoster care and joins a gang. The children's aid worker is told by Billy's sister that she remembers being abused herself and their dad goes to prison. Billy's mom has an affair with the aid worker. Scenario 5: Mark gets a headache and takes some aspirin to school. 1961- Mark shares his aspirin with one of the teachers who also has a headache. 2011- The police are called and Mark is expelled from school for drug violations.. His car is then searched for drugs and weapons. Scenario 6: Mohammed fails high school English. 1961- Mohammed goes to summer school, passes English and goes to university. 2011- Mohammed's cause is taken up by the province. Newspaper articles appear nationally explaining that teaching English as a requirement for graduation is racist. Citizen's Rights Coalition files class action lawsuit against the provincial school system and Mohammed's English teacher. English is then banned from core curriculum.. Mohammed is given his diploma anyway but ends up driving a cab for a living because he cannot speak English. Scenario 7: Johnny takes apart leftover firecrackers, puts them in a model airplane paint bottle and blows up a red ant bed.. 1961 - Ants die. 2011 -CSIS, the RCMP and local authorities are all called. Johnny is charged with domestic terrorism. The RCMP investigates his parents --and all siblings are removed from their home and all computers are confiscated. Johnny's dad is placed on a terror watch list and is never allowed to fly again. Scenario 8: Johnny falls while running during recess and scrapes his knee. He is found crying by his teacher, Mary. Mary hugs him to comfort him. 1961 - In a short time, Johnny feels better and goes on playing. 2011 - Mary is accused of being a sexual predator and loses her job.. She faces 3 years in Prison. Johnny undergoes 5 years of therapy at the expense of the taxpayers. This should hit every email inbox to show how stupid we have become
  18. Well it was a great trip and I am finally home. I want to thank all who offered assistance on the repairs and maintenance on my bike at MD. A great opportunity to learn, wrench and socialize with a great group. Also wanted to thank Mark in Scottsbluff NE for lunch and the companion ride. Nice to meet another member. Sincerely, Wayde
  19. Motorcycle video starts at the 1 minute, 20 second mark. [ame=http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/43510285#43510285]msnbc.com Video Player[/ame]
  20. Some guy just came and bought my 06 Tour Deluxe! I wasn't really trying too hard to sell it but now it is gone. Not sure what I am going to do. I have my eye on a 53 Mercury!! Mark
  21. Finally got my 84 VR back together, and with the 9deg C weather yesterday, headed out for a little cruise. Looking out the window today.........different story. High winds are supposed to top 100 kms/hr, the ground is white, and its around the freezing mark. On the bright side, yesterday was the earliest that I have ever taken my bike out, and it seems to be running great. Hard to beat that NS weather. Anyway, next week looks better. Thanks for reading, I was bored, and just venting.
  22. Is there any way I can mark a thread so that it doesn't displayed anymore?
  23. Ok I had been told that if a dealership had repaired second gear problems on an 83 to 85 that they put a center punch mark on the frame by the sticker under the rear brake pedal. Well mine has that punch mark. I called a friend at a yamaha dealership and he did some research and found that yamaha had indeed instructed there dealers to mark the frame in this manner. I will try to get a picture up. Mine is on the top portion of the sticker and the sticker is peeling somewhat away from the punch mark now. Shaun
  24. Going to post this up in the watering hole as a way to hopefully bring a little more attention to it. Warrior is hosting a M&E on march 19th in Columbus NC. Planning to be there if I can . Going to meet at larkins carolina grill.MAybey a ride aft. I also seem top remember that Mark knows a manager at one of the local motels so may be a good l plac eto stay also. Give it a look as if I can go I will regardless if anyone else shows or not. http://www.venturerider.org/forum/calendar.php?do=getinfo&day=2011-3-19&c=1 David
  25. Are the mufflers identical between the Mark I and Mark 22 lst Editions? Could the Mark II's be a tad longer? Just curious. Thought I read something about this at one time but can't find it now so I refer to those much more knowledgeable than I.