Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

1. Hey, all you Evergreen State forum members, if you want or need a FREE motorcycle lift, then I have one for you. The one I am giving away...for FREE...is a 10 year old Powerlift Hydraulics motorcycle lift, like 93.1465 % of the red lifts we see out there for bikes. This one is the same one as all those others, except that this one needs to have the bottle jack replaced. Yes, that is right, it is NOT in brand new condition. It is used, for the past 10 years, and recently the bottle jack broke on me, due to my own error (which I will not go into). The lift, all metal pieces, etc, are in good condition. Other than the bottle jack, this thing still looks and works good. No metal fatigue anywhere. Since I was not successful in finding a new bottle jack to replace this one, I ended up going out and buying a new...aluminum jack, that is a step-up from what I had. Yeah...it cost me more $, but...what the hay ! So, if any of you riders that live in the Greater Puget Sound area want a FREE motorcycle lift, send me a PM, and we can work out who drives where and who picks up/delivers what to whom. I am willing to go out of my way to help get this to you, rather than throwing about 100 lbs. of iron. Contact me... Update: The Lift is now Spoken For. Consider it GONE.
  2. My owners manual says to use SAE80 GL-4 Hypoid gear oil. It says I can also use GL5 or GL6. I happen to have an unopened bottle of Pennzoil Gearplus SAE 80W-140 GL-5. Can I use this? Thanks.
  3. I know there are a couple threads about this from 2-4 years ago. I saw the ones at Aces High Leathers ( for ). Was a Reasonable costing bottle holder ever identified? If so, pics and a link would be awesome! Stay hydrated!!
  4. Watched a brake job today. The instructor used an old Gatorade bottle and 3/16th hose as the vacuum for the job. Really worked well. The way it was set up is to take a length of hose that fits over your bleeder valve and drill a hole in the bottle cap that the hose will just slip into. Run the hose through the cap into the bottle. Then hook the free end to your bleeder valve. When you are ready to start bleeding/draining the fluid, open the cap on the bottle slightly, and squeeze the bottle. While holding the bottle in the "crushed" condition, tighten the bottle cap which will create a vacuum in the line. Open the bleeder valve and the fluid will flow. If the vacuum is exhausted before the bleed is finished, just close the valve, open the bottle cap and crush again. I was impressed with how well it worked.
  5. Hard to believe..... Jeannette and I both did it this week! "When I get older, losing my hair, many years from now Will you still be sending me a valentine, birthday greetings, bottle of wine? If I'd been out 'til quarter to three, would you lock the door? Will you still need me, will you still feed me when I'm sixty-four?" http://www.elyrics.net/read/b/beatles-lyrics/when-i_m-64-lyrics.html
  6. I am passing this on to you all because it definitely worked for me today, and we could all probably use more calm in our lives. Some doctor on television this morning said that the way to achieve inner peace is to finish all the things you have started. So I looked around my house to see things I'd started and hadn't finished and this morning I finished off a bottle of Merlot, a bottle of Chardonnay, a bodle of Baileys, a butle of wum, a pockage of Prunglies, tha mainder of bot Prozic and Valum scriptins, the res of a Chesescke an a box a choclets. Boomer....who sez Yu haf no idr how bludy guod I feel rite now.
  7. I picked up a bottle of Sea Foam at Wally World. It says auto and marine, gas and diesel. Is the right stuff? It's a 20oz metal "bottle" do I use a full half or should I use less on my 09 RSV? Thanks everyone!
  8. We are here at Freebird's....so Quickstep is ready for that date with the you and a bottle of Glenfiddich:smile5:
  9. Still making improvements for our Jun ride. I saw several different options on here for cup holders. The option I had decided to go with was the water bottle holder from Wal-Mart. I found a couple on clearance and bought them but before I got around installing them, I found these. I got them from the bike section in my local PX (on Fort Carson Army Post). I had to bend the brackets slightly to fit around the handlebars and the rubber on the rear grab bars (though if you wanted to cut the rubber off, they would have worked). I think they look really nice and should be functional. The only thing is you have to make sure you have a cup that tapers so that it will stay in...so a regular water bottle won't work...but we plan to just find some nice cups with straws, then we will dump whatever we are drinking in the cup and we can drink from the straw with the helmet on and no tilting of the head.... I've included a picture of the product packaging incase anyone else is interested. They are a nice chrome look. Oh, and they cost a whole $5.86 each! Mike
  10. I'm a avid tea drinker and am constantly getting the urge to sip my tea going down the road. However since I purchased my Arai Full face Helmet I have found this to be almost impossible. Solution! Go to hunting section in Walmart. Look for 750 ML Sports bottle With lever sip cap BPA free. It's a 25 oz container that has a straw to the bottom and a 1 1/2" lever top that you flip open. Just open and hold upright and you can reach the top under your full face. No need to tilt your head back... Beside the bottles, are 4 Replacement straws for these containers. cut one in half and insert into your Sports bottle lever and it becomes even easier to drink. Note make sure you get the sports bottle with the round hole in the lever. Some of them are oval in shape... Enjoy your favorite beverage! "just as long as it's not carbonated"... Don't ask, cause I'm not tellin... If you need to know, dump 25 0z of carbonated pop in the container and take a drink as your travellin down the road... Good luck:buttkick:
  11. Our 5th annual wine party is this coming Saturday, Feb.19th....wine of choice this year is Shiraz...or Syrah, depending on what part of the world it's from. Warm ups start at 7:00, and the "official" tasting begins at 8:00 sharp. Keep the cost of your bottle under $30, keeping in mind that last years winner was $4.95 U.S.(Barefoot Merlot) Here's how it works....I take your bottle of wine, wrap it in a paper bag, # it.....and when the tasting time arrives, they are all set out, and the score sheets are given to those that want to rate the wines, according to their tastes. The score sheets are added up at the end of the wine tasting, and a "winer" is declared, along with the next 4 top rated so that you can rate your tasting against the "official results". Last year we sampled 19 different bottles, and had 60 winos attend.....it is a lot of fun. So, if you plan to attend, let me know, I'll get you our address and telephone #. There's a spare bed and 2 spare couches...and lots of floor space to share with the dog and cat Speaking from past experience, the food available is awesome, the mix of people is very entertaining, and it is a GREAT way to break up a long, bleak, cold, dreary, snowy, did I mention COLD winter? gunk:shock3:
  12. Now, something to class up this website a notch! THIS IS TRULY A BEER BOTTLE BAND--IT WILL SURPRISE YOU. Ya gotta hear this beer bottle band!!! [ame= ] [/ame] Mike G in SC
  13. All our fellow So called Friends :rotfl:and Members ,a Happy , Healthy and Prosperous Year I started celebrating early here , One bottle will do it 9 Litre Bottle:dancefool: its 6C and the snow is melting And Four Paws Is out with her friends to YUK YUK's
  14. . CALMNESS IN OUR LIVES. I am passing this on to you because it definitely works, and we could all use a little more calmness in our lives. By following simple advice heard on the Dr. Phil show, you too can find inner peace. Dr Phil proclaimed, "The way to achieve inner peace is to finish all the things you have started and have never finished." So, I looked around my house to see all the things I started and hadn't finished, and before leaving the house this morning, I finished off a bottle of White Zinfandel, a bottle of Bailey's Irish Cream, a package of Oreos, the remainder of my old Prozac prescription, the rest of the cheesecake, some Doritos, and a box of chocolates, and a half bottle of scotch. You have no idea how freaking good I feel right now. Pass this on to those whom you think might be in need of inner peace.
  15. I picked up my 83 Royale today. There's quite a bit of rust on much of the chrome and white junk all over the other metal. Looks almost like an acid type stuff. Comes off easy though. The guy gave me a receipt for work he had done in 2006 but put less than 300 miles since then. His bill came to $900 and included new brakes, calipers rebuilt, fork seals, plugs, carb tune, new rear tire, and a bunch of other stuff. I paid $400 for the bike. I found a bottle of oil in the side bag and I just pray it wasn't oil he used. It was a bottle of energy saving oil - so first thing will be to change the oil. I would have done it anyway. I need to bleed the clutch line and get the battery charged up. I may keep it to ride to work or offer it to my brother in law who is looking for a ride.
  16. ok, so my water light keeps comming on. I've been reading back through the 1st gen forum and i've seen 3 different positions that the valve is said to need to be at. one person said that it should have off pointed at the 5 o'clock position. another pointed out 2 o'clock, and someone said off pointing to the 10 o'clock position .. anyone know for sure? i know i'm building pressure (although i don't have the tool to measure the specific amount) and my radiator is full, as well as the bottle in the fairing being over half full. so the only areas i'm not sure about are the tubes, and if the valve is letting water through. it's been cold enough that the thermostat gauge doesn't even move, so i can't tell that way.
  17. Bought a pair of water bottle holders off ebay for $50 for the pair.. I kept one and gave my brother in-law the other one. I just got it installed today. Removed all of the original snaps, some cutting and trimming and installed the new snaps. Easy reach and it does not clutter up the handle bars being on the saddle bag guard. Now if the snow would just melt....................
  18. I've reading through the articles again about engine oils and seen a lot of people using the Shell Rotella oil.. I recently found some supply in the local area and yeah, what a much better price than AMSOIL by far! to say the least.. However, so many different types and variations up here.. Attached photo shows two jugs, my inclination is that the left bottle, blue is the one to get? The is another bottle, T SB on it.. (syn blend?) available.. With 33,500 miles on the bike last summer alone and doing oil changed every 3 to 5,000 miles, I'm looking to keep my bike in shape yet save a few coins.. AMSOIL wasn't the way to go.. ouch.. $20 a litre..
  19. A New Year and a New Decade all on a Blue Moon.I'm leaving to pick Ramona up from work followed by a special bottle of Hatteras Red. Then maybe some Romance. Wish me luck.
  20. (The information in this post would serve well to be included in the tech library with the other coolant change information.) I changed my coolant the other day for the first time. After reading all of the very helpful posts and the Tech Library, the only thing I noticed was that there were no tips on how to do it without creating a mess, especially when draining the cylinders. Sooo, I spent more time visualizing and figuring than I did actually draining the coolant, but I did come up with a method that resulted in no mess on the engine or floor. This will make my, and hopefully your, next coolant change a little easier and less messy. As well, I found that at 2 inch long screw of the proper thread size was easier to use for pulling the cylinder side drain plugs than using the cumbersome spark plug. I didn't repeat the steps on how to get to the radiator cap and how to remove of the side covers, as this information is already well documented in the tech library. PHOTO 1 - Side Cover Drain Bottle Get a 16 oz soda bottle, the type that is smooth sided because it flexes better. Cut an angle across the bottom end and cut out room for your fingers to pull the plug on the top side. You can do a few test fits with the bottle to get the angle right. You will need the cap screwed onto the bottle when you use it. PHOTO 2 - Draining Radiator Put the bike on a jack and raise it high enough to clear a 5 gallon bucket. Remove the radiator cap, then the radiator drain plug and the radiator will speed dump with no mess. - - - - - - - Next, you will want to grab a large bath towel (preferably not the one your wife just bought at Kohl's). While I only dripped about 1 ounce of coolant onto the towel while draining cylinder 3, I used under the drain bottle on each cylinder to catch any dribbles (and this was the first time I tried this method and didn't know how well it would work). Photos 3-5 illustrate how I placed the towel and the drain bottle for cylinders 1, 3, and 4. (I saved cylinder 2 for last, as it involves making a chute out of packing tape to flow the coolant to the bottle.) The drain plugs are in place in all of the pics, as I took the pics after I drained each cylinder. The coolant in the drain bottle is from the respective cylinder pictured. PHOTO 3 - Draining Cylinder 1 PHOTO 4 - Draining Cylinder 3 PHOTO 5 - Draining Cylinder 4 - - - - - - - - The last step is draining cylinder 2. The location of the drain plug for cylinder 2 does not allow for the angling of the drain bottle. I saved this for last because it took a little construction of a chute made of packing tape. Tear three strips of packing tape long enough to go from the side of the cylinder to about 2 or 3 inches past the side of the chrome engine cover. One strip will be the middle strip with the sticky side down. The other two strips get folded in half lengthwise over the left and right third of the middle strip. Then abut one end of this tape contraption to the side of the cylinder and press the center portion down so it sticks to the top of the engine and along the groove of the chrome engine cover. You now have a little rain gutter to carry the coolant to your drain bottle. PHOTO 6 - Cylinder 2 tape chute PHOTO 7 - Cylinder 2 tape chute viewed from side angle PHOTO 8 - Cylinder 2 draining - - - - - - - - - - My coolant drain amounts were as follows: Radiator - 80 oz (2.5 qts) Cylinder 1 - 5 oz Cylinder 2 - 2 oz Cylinder 3 - 2 oz (this accounts for the 1 oz that spilled into towel) Cylinder 4 - 3 oz Reservoir - 10 oz (was at the "Full" line) Total - 102 oz (3.19 qts) I didn't drain the water pump. Every post I've read and folks I have spoken with said they only got 4 oz, at most, out of the water pump and the headache of getting to the plug outweighed the amount of fluid I would get out. Hope this has been of some help to others out there. Phoenix (If anyone would like higher resolution pics, let me know and I can email the high resolution originals to you.)
  21. Can't recall who posted this, but what a great idea. Cut hole in bottom of standard foam beverage holder, fit down and around fuel filler cap and you are good to go. Leave enough on bottom to tuck around cap. Standard h2o bottle, soda can, etc. fits nicely and does not budge.
  22. A few members were asking about crash bar bottle holders (like HD make) and CMike even contacted Troy (a member) about it, only to find he had to have surgery! I have emailed Prozak and he is fine now, after having his gall bladder removed. He would be happy to make these holders for VR members BUT he doesn't have crash bars on his bike!! If someone here could send him a rear crash bar so that he could get measurements that would be a great help. His email is: troy@scustomleather.com He made a special tank bra for me, and has done work for other members too..............CAN ANYONE HELP OUT????????
  23. hairman

plexus

Which kind of plexus do you use? Do you use the one in a spray can or the kind that is liquid and comes in a bottle labeled 1, 2, or 3? I went to my local yamaha shop and they didn't have it in stock so you had to order it and the only thing that they showed was in the liquid bottle. Thanks hairman
  24. Has anyone ried one of these water bottle holders? http://www.acehighleathers.com/web-content/Pages/Other_fun_Stuff.html
  25. For those of you that weren't able to make it to maintenance day....here is Jonas from Iceland, and with his bottle of Black Death