Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

1. Recently, I was notified by Paypal that I had to verify my account because I had neared the $5,000 send limit. According to their writings, the verification process is to prove you are who you say you are. In reality, it appears to be a somewhat different ploy. My account was set up using two credit cards I have had for years, not the least of which was American Express. Both of these cards offer high levels of security. They are all I care to use on the internet, ever. The fun part of Paypal's "verification" process is that there are only two ways to get "verifyied" so you can continue to use their system. The first is to provide them with your personal banking information. The other is to apply for their credit card. Being in the accounting profession for 35 years, and owning my own practice for 25 of those years, I sometimes actually take note of things "financial". So, after researching, and trying to contact Paypal, I found no other way to get "verified", even though my own credit cards have already done that, and my Paypal account has had $4,500 pass through it without one glitch, ever. Paypal is quite straight forward about their demands. If you do not give them your banking information or apply for their credit card, your account with them is locked. In other words, no more using Paypal until you succumb to their demands. Now, all of that being said, I see absolutely no reason for why I would or should ever give Paypal or anyone else my banking information for no legitimate reason. That comes up smelling a lot like marginally legal phishing for financial information without cause. Neither do I care to apply for a credit card I do not want, or need. That is just plain old fashioned over the top aggressive marketing in any other language. So, here I am in the initial stages of letting people know that Paypal is conducting business in such a way that they try to force people into giving up personal information or creating a credit card account they may neither want, nor need with the same intent of gathering personal information on their customers without cause. Paypal is nothing special. It is a service type vendor subject to success by treating its customers fairly. This "verification" process clearly verifies that there are many serious reasons to avoid them or to close any existing accounts people may have with them. Paypal claims it is for security reasons. If Hackers can get into the FBI, CIA and most major banks and governments around the world, Paypal is not even worth mentioning. It should be a piece of cake for the hackers to steal whatever they wish from Paypal. Read the fine print and decide for yourself. But, for me, I am going back to direct involvement with selected vendors, thus ceasing doing business with Paypal and EBay. I do not need these two companies at all.
  2. COULD DELIVER FOR A REASONABLE FEE DEPENDING ON LOCATION. Have to do what I have to do so I can save my credit. Having lots of trouble at work with them fibbing and not paying for what I work, so I filed for unemployment this morning because of lack of work. Its to close to my retirement so I must get rid of some things to save my credit and be able to buy a used bike when I do retire in February. So I pulled out all stops on my ride and I am letting it go for one HE** of a deal so please don't fight over it. First to confirm will get it. It is listed in the classified for sale 2008 RSTD 3 years left on warranty. $7500.00 loaded w/acces. I would like to see someone get a real deal here. Joe
  3. Anyone had any luck with the mechanic sites that want money up front before answering questions? I don't like using credit card without something I'm sure will work. Give me wrong answer and charge me anyway??
  4. The pasted message below was my last email that I sent to chrome pros in Corpus Christie Texas. As you can see the customer service sucks big time. While the wheels came out nice, they also left in the dampeners in the rear wheel, causing me a whole ton of extra labor to remove them. Unfortunately for me I didnt order them through Ebay, but directly on the phone, which may have given me more protection. But, if there is no response from them by Friday then I will file credit card fraud charges against them with my Citi card. So, some of you PM'ed me about this company possibly considering using them for plating. Right now I would not recommend them to anyone. Ill see what happens after Friday. Sure do wish that we had a member in the Corpus Christie area to go there but apparently not. "Ben, this is the third email that I have sent you. You still havent answered my previous emails. When we spoke on the phone you promised to inspect the return core wheels this past Monday and issue the 485.00 credit as you promised to my card. That has not happened. I spoke to another rep on Tuesday who assured me that the wheels would be inspected and a credit issued. When I asked for his name he hung up. Still no credit to my account nor any response from your company. You had no problems responding to my inquiries for the last few months but now that payment was made all that I am getting is the runaround it seems. I need a commitment from Chrome Pros as to when the credit will be issued. Jeff Koppelman"
  5. Has anyone dealt with Barton's Motorsports in Tamworth, NH, they have something I want but before I give them a credit card number I would like to see if they can be trusted.
  6. Do to circumstances beyond your control Who has access to your SS#? All personel record files you have ever done business with just sitting in some file cabinet or database. School records,banks,utilities,doctor office, X wife,maybe even public record doc at the court house. So what is your SS# worth to someone else? Were not talking about Credit card theft here but Identity Theft. My neighbor just pulled her free credit report to see what was wrong and found out someone had run up $40,000 in bad debt using her SS#.Identity Theft is harder to wipe clean then just a stolen credit card number with purchase. I think we would all be suprised to learn how easy it is to get yours or my SS#.
  7. ESPECIALLY LOOK AT SCENE THREE... Be sure to read Scene 3. Quite interesting. This is a new one. People sure stay busy trying to cheat us, don't they? SCENE 1. A friend went to the local gym and placed his belongings in the locker. After the workout and a shower, he came out, saw the locker open, and thought to himself, 'Funny, I thought I locked the locker... Hmm, 'He dressed and just flipped the wallet to make sure all was in order. Everything looked okay - all cards were in place... A few weeks later his credit card bill came - a whooping bill of $14,000! He called the credit card company and started yelling at them, saying that he did not make the transactions. Customer care personnel verified that there was no mistake in the system and asked if his card had been stolen... 'No,' he said, but then took out his wallet, pulled out the credit card, and yep - you guessed it - a switch had been made. An expired similar credit card from the same bank was in the wallet. The thief broke into his locker at the gym and switched cards. Verdict:The credit card issuer said since he did not report the card missing earlier, he would have to pay the amount owed to them. How much did he have to pay for items he did not buy? $9,000! Why were there no calls made to verify the amount swiped? Small amounts rarely trigger a 'warning bell' with some credit card companies. It just so happens that all the small amounts added up to big one! SCENE 2. A man at a local restaurant paid for his meal with his credit card. The bill for the meal came, he signed it and the waitress folded the receipt and passed the credit card along. Usually, he would just take it and place it in his wallet or pocket. Funny enough, though, he actually took a look at the card and, lo and behold, it was the expired card of another person. He called the waitress and she looked perplexed. She took it back, apologized, and hurried back to the counter under the watchful eye of the man. All the waitress did while walking to the counter was wave the wrong expired card to the counter cashier, and the counter cashier immediately looked down and took out the real card. No exchange of words --- nothing! She took it and came back to the man with an apology.. Verdict: Make sure the credit cards in your wallet are yours. Check the name on the card every time you sign for something and/or the card is taken away for even a short period of time. Many people just take back the credit card without even looking at it, 'assuming' that it has to be theirs. FOR YOUR OWN SAKE, DEVELOP THE HABIT OF CHECKING YOUR CREDIT CARD EACH TIME IT IS RETURNED TO YOU AFTER A TRANSACTION! ========================== SCENE 3: Yesterday I went into a pizza restaurant to pick up an order that I had called in. I paid by using my Visa Check Card which, of course, is linked directly to my checking Account. The young man behind the counter took my card, swiped it, then laid it on the counter as he waited for the approval, which is pretty standard procedure. While he waited, he picked up his cell phone and started dialing. I noticed the phone because it is the same model I have, but nothing seemed out of the ordinary. Then I heard a click that sounded like my phone sounds when I take a picture. He then gave me back my card but kept the phone in his hand as if he was still pressing buttons. Meanwhile, I'm thinking: I wonder what he is taking a picture of, oblivious to what was really going on. It then dawned on me: the only thing there was my credit card, so now I'm paying close attention to what he is doing.. He set his phone on the counter, leaving it open. About five seconds later, I heard the chime that tells you that the picture has been saved. Now I'm standing there struggling with the fact that this boy just took a picture of my credit card. Yes, he played it off well, because had we not had the same kind of phone, I probably would never have known what happened. Needless to say, I immediately cancelled that card as I was walking out of the pizza parlor. All I am saying is, be aware of your surroundings at all times. Whenever you are using your credit card take caution and don't be careless. Notice who is standing near you and what they are doing when you use your card. Be aware of phones, because many have a camera phone these days. FORWARD THIS TO AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN THINK OF. LET'S GET THE WORD OUT. JUST BE AWARE! Never let your card out of your sight.....check and check again!
  8. FYI Anyone going to Mexico. Just got our tickets to Mexico. Included was an advisory that hotels and businesses may refuse to accept American cash. They will accept credit cards. We are advised to carry Canadian dollars, Pesos or credit cards.
  9. I was just online checking my account and there are 3 $1 hits for AOL, IMBd and Experian. I don't have AOL, I can get credit scores free and IMBd is an online movie database that I don't use. So I am getting my debit card shut down. I thought I was pretty careful w/ my debit card but apparently not enough. I do know of individuals no matter how careful you are the card # is stolen. Now off to check my credit cards just in case.
  10. I believe in giving credit where credit is due. I recently had to replace my tires and if not for the quick and efficient service of Southwest Moto Tires (http://www.swmototires.com/) I’d have had to miss a long anticipated ride. I went with the Dunlop 404 WWW and am so far very pleased with the ride and must say that www’s look great with Black Cherry. When I placed the order I had trouble entering the credit card information for my order however I sent them an email, they replied within 45 minutes, my order was processed the same day and I received the tires a few days later. I picked them up and had them installed in the States and was able to make my ride the next day. Over all, I purchased and installed the tires for half the price it would cost me to do it here. In fact the two tires cost me $207 US where Canadian dealers are asking $229. just for the rear tire. The best part is that while the tires were being mounted I had lunch with one of our members and got a great ride out of the deal!
  11. ... and using your credit card along the way, (or for that matter, any time you use your cc) ... monitor your statement closely. If you have on-line banking, do it daily. As some of you know, Nina & I travelled to Cody and return with 2 other riders. En-route, I arranged our motel reservations. Chekking my Visa account today, I found that the last place we stayed charged me twice (the others were to pay their own) So, I called them ... the first person I get says ... it was the reservations system ... they apply the amount to your card to hold the room and it will be deducted within 10 days. (B/S as far as I'm concerned). Anyhoo ... I tell her that a) they're using my money for which I will pay interest on, b) when they go about reversing it, will I be given the exact same US-CAD exchange rate, and c) this is a policy that is not acceptable to me and I want the funds refunded tout-suite! She tells me they don't have the capability to do that and I'd have to call Visa. (more B/S). I finally get a manager on the phone and after some digging, she discovers that the second charge was for the room one of our riding companions was in (the motel somehow screwed up). Thankfully, they did take his credit card so the manager is able to credit me and charge him (no names here but guys, check your credit card statement in case they bill you twice). Other than that, all other charges appear legit (so far )
  12. For the folks staying at the Ponderosa Campground for the Cody Rally. Just checked with the campground to confirm my reservation and they still DO NOT accept credit cards. Cash or personal checks only.
  13. Beware ... http://money.ca.msn.com/savings-debt/insight/article.aspx?cp-documentid=27187111
  14. Got an e-mail confirmation that carbtune received my order for a carbtune pro....Hmmmmm very interisting..I didn't order one..checked with my credit card company and they said yep I ordered it . checked the conformation again and the shipping addy is mine....hmmmm...checked my wallet and hmmmm, my credit card is missing hmmmmm....someone from this site has been coaxing Taters again...........whoever it was thanks..........hmmmmm....maybe thats why she was in my wallet yesterday..hmmmmmmmmm ......Taters must learn to log me off and herself on..........BUSTED..............:fnd_(16):now I have to tell her that I must have lost my credit card and that I reported it stolen..........
  15. If you use credit cards, check with your companies and see if they offer calling you as part of their fraud protection service. I got a text message this evening from the card company I use the most. Some lowlife was in New York trying to buy $400 worth of tickets on the Long Island RR with my credit card. Now I will have to go through the hassle of changing some of my stuff around, but at least they caught it before it got worse. I did not call back about the text message until I had verified the number as actually being from the company. I am glad they offer the service and wish I could catch the so and so that stole my number. Hope none of you ever need this info.
  16. Beth and I got up at 5am this morning and got out of here at 6am on our way to Big Bend with Tom and crew. Well we stopped in a little town called Robert, La just before getting on I-12 to fill up, left there and next stop was in Crowley, La. Went to fill up and NO WALLET. Wallet is gone with DL, credit cards, over $100 in cash, commision card for police dept. and reserve deputy, and I think my SS card (yea I know shouldn't even be carrying it, but have since a teenager). Had to come back to file a report with the sheriff's office and back home to look up credit card info so we could cancel them. Called equifax and put block on credit with the big 3. Don't know what to do next. This just ruined a perfectly good weekend with family members and I am really PO'd. Been really looking forward to this trip and now all I got is a big headache. :crying: The only good thing was had a good test on pulling the Timeout camper fully loaded. It did great. Pulled easy and electric brake worked good. Gas mileage didn't look bad either tho haven't figured it up yet. Oh well hope everyone else weekend is better.
  17. As some of you may know, I got rid of my 97 RSTC months ago when the word "baby" came into the picture... Well, after budgeting things out for the new baby boy, (who is due to get here in December) we came to the conclusion that I can afford another scoot! So, we plan everything out and decide that I've got to keep it under $6k, in order to stay within budget on the monthly payments for a loan, which means I am right in 'The Zone' for another late 90's Tour Classic. We head to my favorite financial institution to do the paperwork, spend a few minutes talking about everything and right as everything is coming together... (Insert loud derailing scratching record sound here) Apparently I'm a victim of identity theft. I owe LOTS of money to people and places I've never heard of. I'm no dummy to the credit game, so I'm taking appropriate actions, but whoever has been doing this to my credit is good at being a ripoff, so I'll be caging it for even longer. Unfortunately, I have to wait at LEAST 1 year after the last derogatory item is removed from my Equifax report before either of my loan institutions will allow me to take out a loan. It's company policy that cannot be bent, broken, or moved. All 3 bureaus are 'working on it' and a credit advisor said I may have to contest some items several times before they get removed, and request 'proof' in writing where I opened the accounts. Anyhow, sparing the rest of the details... No scoot for me. I'm mad and sad at the same time, because I truly miss riding, and some a-hole is cruising around with a total of $13k worth of merchandise purchased in my name and never paid for it... and I can't even ride. On a side note, here's Gibson Lane Henninger in 3D, one of the few things that help keep me sane through a time like this.
  18. Is there anyone willing to order this attachment for me a have it shipped to a US address (border services). If you order it on-line and just change the shipping details you wouldnt even have to touch the thing. We can work out how I am gonna get you the cash. I cant order the thing because my credit card is Canadian of course and they want a US address to put the billing info on. I already have the base for the thing and just need the adaptor that fits on top. Thanks
  19. i went for a job interview today. for a janitorial position. while there they asked if they could do a back ground check and credit check? i said yep no problem. well they said they all ready did it from me filling out my aplication 60 days ago. i said ok what did ya find? they said you have a great back ground check for anything criminal. i said thats great . they said now here is some thing that bothers us some? i went ok here it comes what is it? they said you have a credit score of the mark of the beast? i said huh? thye said it comes back 666. which is a D rateing. needless to say i didnt get this job? what the heck does a credit score have to do with cleaning a damn office building?
  20. I just received my Cortech leather jacket from New Enough. These guys are a class act. I ordered a large size which turned out to be too small. I returned the jacket and re-order an X large. I returned the large, got the shipment and my credit for the return all within one week. These folks kept me posted via e-mail all week so I knen when they shipped the orginal, re-shiped the correct, when they received the return and when my credit card was creited. WOW---Great service and the Jacket is really nice.
  21. I have been having trouble with these people, so I say watch out if you decide to do business with them.. Seem I got a quote on a loader to load my RSV into the back of my pickup truck in early Nov. We will be hauling a travel trailer and want to take the bike with us. I told them on the 13 of Nov that I would take a demonstrator loader that they were marking down $200 from the list price. I was to meet them in Harrisburg VA on the 16th and they would install .. Seems Installer couldn't make it then could do the next day, too busy because he was going out west for the rest of the week. Meantime I found that the loader does not sit flush with the end of the bed or tail gate but hangs out 1 1/2 inch. This is not how it is described on there web site and makes it unusable for me. I called and canceled my order on the 18th. Well, this is where the trouble started, first they would have to see if it could be canceled, then yes it was, but they could not credit back to my credit card until they sold the unit to someone else. After many phone call they finally on the 27th sent me so call verification that they had credited back my money. So far as of today my credit card company is unable to find this so called credit back.. I have contested the charge and the story is to be continued. These are not people to do business with, I am concerned they couldn't credit back because they are financially unable. Time will tell.. Ordered a Rampage loader, installed it and it's great. I can load the bike on the truck in less than ten minutes including strapping it down and unloading is even quicker. Added bounes is it was $500 cheaper and that included freight.
  22. Note to self: Cancel credit cards prior to death! Be sure to cancel your credit cards before you die! This is so priceless, and so easy to see happening--customer service being what it is today! A lady died this past January, and ANZ Bank billed her for February and March for their annual service charges on her credit card, and then added late fees and interest on the monthly charge. The balance that had been $0.00, now is somewhere around $60.00. A family member placed a call to the ANZ Bank: Family member: "I am calling to tell you that she died in January" ANZ: "The account was nevewr closed and the late fees and charges still apply" Family member: "Maybe you should turn it over to collections?" ANZ: "Since it is two months past due, it already has been" Family member: "So, what will they do when they find out she is dead?" ANZ: "Either report her account to the fraud division, or report her to the credit bureau, maybe both!" Family member: "Do you think God will be mad with her?" ANZ: "Excuse me??" Family member: "Did you just get what I was telling you.....The part about her being dead?" ANZ: "Sir, you'll have to speak to my Supervisor" Supervisor gets on the 'phone: Family member: "I'm calling to tell you she died in January" ANZ: "The account was never closed and the late fees and charges still apply" Family member: "You mean you want to collect from her estate?" ANZ: (stammering) "Are you her lawyer?" Family member: "No, I'm her great nephew" (Lawyer information is given) ANZ: "Could you fax us a certificate of death?" Family member: "Sure" (fax number is given) After they receive the fax: ANZ: "Our system just isn't set up for death. I don't know what more I can do to help". Family member: "Well, if you figure it out, great!! If not, you could just keep billing her.I don't think she will care". ANZ:"Well, the late fees and charges still apply". Family member: "Would you like her new billing address?" ANZ: "That might help" Family member: "Rookwood Memorial Cemetary, 1249 Centenary Rd, Sydney-Plot Number 1049" ANZ: "Sir, that is a cemetery!" Family member: "Well, what the heck do you do with dead people on your planet????"
  23. Our VR weekend in Central KY is finally here and we've gotten off to a very good start. :banana: After the out of town folks arrived a relaxed a bit we met for dinner at a local BBQ spot and I believe everyone was well fed. It was nice to meet some new VR members, Bill & Marilyn, Joe & Donna, Kevin & Sue, Lynn & Janice, John & Teresa, Bob & Tina, and Dan. Now I won't take credit for remembering all of those names. That credit goes to my wife Valerie. Tomorrw we plan to meet around 8:30 for breakfast at the Cracker Barrel at I-75 exit 110 followed by a 125 mile ride through central KY. Everyone is welcome to join us. We should leave the Cracker Barrel around 9:30. I've attached a few photos from dinner tonight. More to follow tomorrow. It's going to be a great weekend. Dennis
  24. Obama To Sign Sales Tax Credit For New Motorcycle Purchase February 18, 2009 - 02:38 PM http://www.wingstuff.com/files/blogs/00195_obama_tax_credit/tax_credit.jpg Tax Credit For Purchase Of New Motorcycles Thanks to the efforts of the AMA (American Motorcyclist Association) along with Harley and many others, this bill will be signed into law by President Obama. This historic motorcycle event will allow motorcycle riders to deduct their sales and excise tax with the purchase of a new motorcycle. It is now part of the presidents stimulus package that will help dealers sell more bikes. Historic Motorcycle Tax Credit Relief Bill Motorcycles will now be included as "Qualified Vehicles" in section 1008 of the legislation of this tax relief bill. Anyone purchasing a new motorcycle can deduct the Sales and Excise Tax Paid on their 2009 tax return. Prior to the latest version of this bill, Washington wanted to only apply this tax relief credit to the purchase of a new car or truck only. Thanks to everyone at the AMA, Harley and other groups who worked so hard for the motorcycle community, motorcycles have now been added to the bill and will be part of President Obama's national stimulus plan. Motorcycles Help Our Nations Economy Motorcycles save gas, reduce traffic congestion and have become a practical form of transportation worldwide. Here in the United States the highest percentage has always been for enjoyment and recreation. Abroad, most countries found motorcycles and scooters to be the smartest form of transportation, reducing fuel costs and traffic congestion. States like California, with high traffic congestion and smog in some cities have already passed laws allowing motorcycles to use the car pool lane as well as splitting lanes in traffic, provided proper speed limits are respected. So many of our own regular Gold Wing customers have been using their bikes as transportation to and from work for these very reasons. They are able to use the car pool lanes, get to and from work faster and save fuel while riding their motorcycles everyday and enjoying every minute of it. http://www.wingstuff.com/files/blogs/00195_obama_tax_credit/europe_bikes.jpg Motorcycles & Motor Scooters Abroad Visit countries like Italy, you will soon find the only way to get around the city is by motor scooter or motorcycle. It is also the only way to find parking due to lack of parking in busy cities. That trend has becoming more popular here in the United States for the same reasons. I recently visited Italy this past year and enjoyed seeing mothers riding sons and daughters to school each morning. Most were outfitted with rear trunks for storage, wind protectors and side bags to carry anything from books to groceries. This photo was taken while walking down a typical street in Florence, Italy. You soon realize motor scooters and motorcycles were the smartest form of transportation. Most business men traveled across the city on scooters, while most small cars were stuck in traffic. Besides saving gas and reducing traffic, motorcycles and motor scooters are the only way you'll find a parking spot in and around the cities of europe. The Future Of Motorcycles Motorcycle riding is a growing trend that will continue to grow into the future. With gas prices rising years ago overseas, it has always been a worldwide trend that saves fuel, reduces traffic, besides enjoyable. Bottom line, motorcycles are far more efficient than cars and help reduce traffic in busy cities. Safety features like motorcycle Air Bags such as the legendary Honda Gold Wing GL1800, as well as luxury features such as XM, Siruis Radio, CB, Cell Phone intergration, GPS, Intercoms, Heated Seats, Armrests, Drink Holders has created a comfort level for the rider and co-rider equal or better than driving an automobile. Motorcycles Bring People Together Saturday at Wingstuff is a good example of motorcycle people having a good time. There's always fresh coffee, donuts, bottled water and plenty of people to hang out with, and lots of Gold Wing accessories to browse. Locals typically arrange rides in the morning where everyone's welcome. What a great way to meet friends while riding with some of the nicest people you'll ever meet. Joining motorcycle clubs like the GWRRA, GWTA and others are great ways to meet new riding friends. No other motorcycle has done a better job in creating friendships than the Honda Gold Wing motorcycle has over the years. We see this motorcycle tax credit in President Obama's stimulus package as a huge step towards encouraging more people to buy and ride motorcycles here in the United States. Post Thoughts And Comments Will this Sales Tax Credit motivate you to buy a new Honda Gold Wing motorcycle this year? Share your thoughts and comments, lets see what everyone thinks. Ride Safe And See You On The Open Road Rick Arnoldo President - Wingstuff.com Source , HERE BEER30
  25. So I like to price shop. (yeah I am part dutch) I called credit union "A" for a loan for the Venture I want to pick up this weekend. they gave me a quote of 8.5% and a 36 month term. Called credit union "B" and the loan officer said off the cuff, without looking at my credit history, 7% and 48 month term. Called credit union "A" and asked them to match credit union "B" for terms (7% and 48 months). They said they would get back to me. Credit union "B" calls back and says I am approved for 8% at 60 months. I tell them I don't want a 60 month, but a 48 month, they tell me it's the same interest rate regardless of the loan. I tell them I will get back to them after "A" calls back. Credit union "A" calls back and says I am approved at 7% for 48 months. I accept the offer. Looks like I am going to pick up a second Gen for Valentine's day!