Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

Found 6 results

1. I just finished a year long project to get a 1983 Venture up and going (been fun, have learned a lot, mostly from this website, like others have said, it's well worth the $ to become a memeber), anyway, to make a short story long, took her out tonight on it's maiden voyage, and she wants to wander a bunch. Tires look good, no cupping etc, lot's of tread left on them, pressure seems to be good (mid to upper 30's right?). I'm looking for ideas on what I should start looking for. PS, I do notice that when not moving, I can move the handlebars from right to left and there seems to be a "detent" feeling at the center of the steering, is that normal?
  2. Hello I just bought a 1989 VR 1300 and was wandering what is a good motor oil to use? And the oil wait. Thanks
  3. Been trying to contact Earl with no luck. Just wandering if everything is OK. Mike Allen
  4. I got to say, I wonder about how the brain fuctions for some of these wannabe bad boys. I came home from work this afternoon with an armload of groceries and found that when I grabbed the doorknob it felt odd. Not round anymore. More oval shaped. When I left for work at 4:00 AM it was round to the best of my recall. Taking a closer look it was smashed and the shank had scars on it like those of a channel lock or pipe wrench. Nice. Custom! The key hole had a piece of wire stuck in it and broken off. That sucked. I couldn't open my own front door. Called my security company and a locksmith. The security guy told me there has been a rash of attempted break-ins on my block. During the day most the time. No sucessful entries but they did try. The thing is there is a dead bolt right above the door knob. Guess they didn't notice that. And a quick look in the front window they would have been looking directly into the security camera (which was on and blinking) pointing at the porch. Not very observant. So the locksmith got me in and installed a new doorknob and rekeyed the deadbolt also. He was laughing because if the door had been opened they would have noticed the security chain for sure and the audibule alarm (95db) from the system and the stobe lights firing in every room. (I have a major hear loss so lights are my alert and defense) So I stepped into my lil office room and checked the cameras. Yep. Got him. No good shot of his face (damned hoodie) but he was fun to watch for like almost 5 minutes screwing with the door. But as he left I got a nice shot at the back of his hoodie with a company name on it. Nice and clear. I burned a copy for the security guy and another one for the LEO that stopped by. They enjoyed it. So I guess I'll keep my eyes open for a moron wandering around my area advertising for the lucky company. I'd like to introduce myself. Maybe with a pipe wrench to his knob. The sad part is....as he has not actually been able to sucessfully enter a home, the only thing they say they can charge him with is vandalism. And I live in a "nice" area. Just happens to be filled with idiots. Nuttin worse that a stupid crook.
  5. does any one know if a 650 v star drive shaft would fit our knuckle? i have some cray plans for a 83 vr i just picked up and was wandering.
  6. gunboat

big bob

hi all was just wandering how big bob is doing. hope all is well with you & you are recovering well. looking to see you again. peace to you & yours. best reguards don c.