Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

1. For those of you whom I haven't met, howdy from Louisiana. I'm the owner of a Harley sportster with mini-apes, and am comfortable with shoulder-height / or just below bars. I recently restored to working order a 2001 RSV that had sat in a crippled fella's barn for 12 years, and am LOVING this bike. For the naysayers, I know I'm a young fella (27) of a different generation, but I've ridden from North Carolina to Louisiana with mini apes on the sportster, and I much prefer the position to the stock bars currently on my RSV. Does anyone have recommendations for bars, at what height to the cables need replacement, and if I decide to go the route of risers as opposed to handlebars, does anyone have a recommendation for that? Thank you in advance, and THANK YOU to all who already assisted me in my "Electrical troubles" post in the Tech Talk page a few days ago when I was trying to excise some minor demons from Abigail. She rides like a dream!
  2. I would like to order some risers inserts from Baron's as most of you seem to prefer those. But I've notice that most of you who have posted on this issue are over 6' tall, and I'm only 5' 7" so I'm really not sure what size risers to order. Any suggestions?
  3. I know this has been decussed before,but I need to know if I install 1 1/2 risers what do I do about the rubber bushing between the bars and fairing? Is there a replacement for this bushing?
  4. I swapped the risers and my rsv bars for the rstd. It was an easy swap butt now i have a qiestion. Upon full turn the plastic cable supports just touch the tank, has anyone had this issue? On the rsv bars the cables are on the outside and the rstd the bottom. Upon my initial ride it feels much better to me than risers but now I need a long ride for a full opinion. I know my hands are outside the fairing protection but I may buy or make some handlebar deflectors if I like the feel of this on the long haul.
  5. Previous owner installed a set of Baron's Risers on the RSV. Not sure that I like them. Got a pretty good reach being 6'5". I feel that my arms are trapped and I cannot extend quite enough for my liking at low speeds. The flexing of the risers themselves are also a concern. Would like to get any feedback from those that have tried them and went back to the stock setup.
  6. I installed risers last night and was wondering how people rerouted the cables and if you have pictures.
  7. Hello, I have 2006 RSTD and am interested in changing out the handlebars. Last fall I took a 3,500 mile trip and when I got back my shoulders/neck were sore for quite awhile, I think from extended holding in that low/wide position. A fellow biker said he prefers having his handlebars chest high, as he feels it makes for better circulation. The stock handlebars on my RSTD are wide (36 inches at the ends) and positioned low in relation to the gas tank. I have looked into installing risers butI am not sure if that will bring them up as much as I want. Also, risers will not change the width. Has anyone repositioned their handlebars using risers or switched out handlebars altogether? I appreciate any feedback/suggestions you have. Thank you very much, Rickman in WA.
  8. Anyone have experience with these riser extentions? I believe i read somewhere that the risers will hit the plastic ignition cove when the bars are turned to they're full stops. Is this a fact? Is their a way to fix this?
  9. Has anyone tried the ROX brand adjustable risers I've seen listed on ebay?
  10. I searched for this and have not found any answers to this, I would like to change my handle bars to ape hangers and would like to do myself but would like as much info in what to look into, like handle bars sizes how does that work because of the fairing we have, how would i know what size cable i would need for the throttle and for the brakes and clutch, also how and where do i change the clutch hose is that a diffical job. I never changed my handle myself so i would like to make sure i dont miss anything. I would also like to ask if anyone has seen any risers that have a 6" pull back but with no rise at all so i can just use the stock bars. ok thank for all your help and hope to hear from you all soon.
  11. My searching ability must really be lacking because I usually have a hard time finding past threads, etc on here when I try to search for a specific topic. Anyway, is there a write up or instructions on removing the inner faring? I have split mine many times, but I need to be able to move the inner faring forward a couple of inches to install new handlebar risers. I've got one that the threads are almost stripped out and I want to replace that sucker ASAP. As always, I really appreciate any help I can get.
  12. Well as best as I can search. There is no easy install Baron risers for me. I will have to go with the Flanders bars I suppose. Shucks, I thought all along that the Baron risers for the Venture would also fit the Royal Star Tour Deluxe.....Wrong... Fuzzy
  13. elmicko

RSV Bars

I've got Baron's risers on my RSV and I'm not really loving the set-up. Yes, they do put the bars back where they're comfortable for me, but they allow the stock risers to flex too much for my liking. Has anybody got a longer reach aftermarket bar they would want to sell or maybe trade for my risers? I need about another inch or two of pullback.
  14. http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh221/muaymendez/bike%20stuff%20for%20sale/newbikestuff009.jpg http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh221/muaymendez/bike%20stuff%20for%20sale/newbikestuff015.jpg these are Harley Wide glid bars . The are shorter than stock bars but wider as well which i did like. i wanted them pulled back more and here they are with 99 venture risers. i think i may try the riser spacers to give 1 more inch of riser and 1 inch of pull back. So far i like it.
  15. I bought a set of Venture risers from Pinwall to put on my 96 RSTC. I have the bars off and the lower nut from the old risers. I can't seem to get the old riser off. I've tried to tap it from the bottom with a block of wood and hammer. And I also tried to turn it with a socket in the riser where the bars go. It won't budge. Any ideas?
  16. Hey there VentureWingers. I've got two different types of risers for passenger floorboards for the wing for sale. We tried a number of combinations before we found what worked best for my wife. Both items are in "as new" condition and are considerably less than new cost. They are listed in the "Accessories for all bikes" category (Maybe we need a GW accessories section?). Anyway, if you're looking for something to help make your better half more comfortable, here's a couple options for you! If nobody here is interested in a few days I'll post 'em on a GW site, but thought I'd give my Venturerider buddies first shot. Dwayne
  17. I have straight risers on my Tour classic. looking to see if anyone has a pair of venture risers they have taking up space in thier garage. The venture risers pull the bars back an inch., Even if I got the riser exenders it will only make it 1 1/4" high not back.
  18. I replaced the risers with 6 inch risers. The bars are nice and high now Just at the limit of the hoses but the bars are meant for lower positioning and therefore has the hand positions up and toward the center which is real uncomfortable when up high. Found a guy with wide glide bars that i will be picking up tommorow and see how that feels. Will take a picture saturday when its light out and post here.I may have to lower the risers by 1 inch which should be simple to do with a band saw. I really didnt want to spend the extra cash on apehangers so Im going with risers.
  19. A stock handlebar riser for a 2nd Gen? I decided to remove the 2" risers on mine because the throttle cables were binding and the threads on one of the stock risers is pretty well stripped. I'll be happy to pay. I've checked ebay, but would rather buy from someone here if they have them. Thanks!
  20. I was wondering what others have done to raise the height of their stock (or other) handlebars and also bring the bars back closer to the rider. Suggested options for risers and/or alternative style handlebars will be appreciated. Note on any special installation procedures will also help. Thx.
  21. Just discovered that the Baron BA7430 riser spacers won't work with the RSTD because of the speedometer. Can anyone recommend risers that will work with the speedometer, my hands and back are hurting. Thanks!
  22. tbbrider

risers

Just recieved my 1 1/2 risers today.I have never put a set on.Is there an easy way to put them on.It seems my radio cable is a little tight.Any and all suggestions appreciated.
  23. tbbrider

Risers

Need some advice from my fellow trikers. I am recovering from shoulder surgery.My trike has the front wheel raked.Will 1 1/2 inch risers help it steer any easier? I know if anyone knows the answer ,you riders will.PLease chime in so I can order a set.I don't write a lot of posts,but I past my time every night reading the posts. Thank guys.
  24. I am looking for a set of Handlebar risers for my RSV. I really only want 1 inch ones but will take what I can find. Anybody out there got any they are willing to sell?
  25. I just installed the 1.5 inch risers...I notice the rubber piece between the handle bars and the faring don't reach that high...so there's no rubber between the bars and the faring...is it necessary? And if so, where would I find some high density rubber like that to make an extension? Thanks! Mike