Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

1. Greetings Venture brothers from cold and scary country of world evil, Russia! Does anybody have any contacts of France/Europe guys made mp3 box (cd changer emulator) for 2 gen Venture? Maybe somebody have for sale/change/give this holy grail? Or maybe at least i-pod box ?
  2. I have seen in the past on this site, someones instructions to remove the tape deck and add a jack for an MP3 player. I haven't found it, any help would be appreciated......Thanks!
  3. I'm removing my cassette deck and putting in a mp3 jack on my 87vr. I found a few threads about this but am still a little confused. I understand jumping pins 1 and 7 to bypass the deck. Which ones do I wire in the switch and jack to? Does anyone make something I can just plug into the old cassette wire and go? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm mechanical but no electrician, so please be as specific as possible.
  4. No, I don't mean working on carbs. I recently came into possession of a (used) MP3 player. Now, I still like vinyl and 8 tracks. This little trinket had a bunch of music in it, about 140 songs, none of which was to my liking. I discovered that I could plug it in to a USB port and figured out how to delete the stuff that was on it. I have now "ripped" two of my CD's onto the computer and I'm gradually learning to "sync" them onto the MP3 player. This may not seem like much to many of you, I know there are some of you to whom this kind of technology is like second nature. But when I can play "my" music on the GL1800 using a little gadget not much bigger than my thumb, I figure I've made a giant leap towards entering the 21st century. No cassette player or CD player. What I don't know is, do I have to carry a supply of AAA batteries to power this thing, or is there some way of running it on the power from the bike?
  5. Would this work on our Venture system? http://www.sierra-mc.com/proddetail.asp?prod=BMP-HGW-IPD-V03
  6. I'm replacing the cassette deck on my 89 with a hook up for an MP3 player. I put a switch on to enable/disable the radio. I was wondering what the effect would be if the radio was on AND I had audio feeding from the MP3. Turns out it behaves just like the intercom - when there is audio from the MP3 it mutes the radio. This would be annoying with an MP3 because the radio would be piping up at quiet sections and between songs. It would be a really slick way to tie in something like GPS or cell phone though. Of course the radio would have to be on to hear the other device.
  7. What is the easiest way to add an aux input to the stock gen 1 stereo? I am currently using a cassette interface for my MP3 player but it really bites since every time I hit a bump it knocks out the sound & I have to keep hitting the reverse tape switch under the mute. I never use the cassette so removing it would not be a problem. Please keep in mind I am electronically challenged so pix or specifics would be real helpful. Thanks
  8. been working on this for a couple of weeks..........i added gauges where the cassette was...still kept the mp3 jack...........just did a test run....wadda ya think.......
  9. Not sure this has made this forum yet or not, but sure seems like a nice replacement addition for the CD Changer and conventional MP3 Player thru the Aux Jack routine. http://www.venturemp3.com/
  10. Hi all - I've owned this bike since the new year and just recently encountered my first real problem... I have been plugging a mp3 player into the Aux audio jack and have had great results with no commercials like you get on FM. The other day, something strange happened - probably a short, but not really sure where to begin looking. The audio has been randomly switching back and forth from AM radio, CB and the mp3 player on its own. This morning, plugged in the mp3 player and had no right channel. Still bounced around from AM to CB to mp3. Went out on another ride later and left the mp3 player at home and opted to listen to FM radio. The right channel was working properly again, but still bouncing between audio settings all by itself. Almost got hit by a cager and hit the horn - and the horn sounded through the speakers. Even if the volume is turned down all the way, the AM & CB audio will still come through the speakers at a pretty loud volume. Strangest thing I've ever seen out of an audio system. Any ideas of where to start? Thanks to all.
  11. albyzee

Speakers

Looking for suggestions for the best "kick ass" handle bar mounted speakers that I will attach an mp3 player to.
  12. A while back there was a thread about a MP3 player that interfaced with the radio and was controlled by the radio controls. Although I was hesitant because of a lack of info I took advantage of the sale that was going on and ordered one. I installed it today and thought I would try to get some more info out about it. Here is a video I made of it operating. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aj3bAjEdPOc]Venture MP3 install - YouTube[/ame] Here are a couple of pictures. http://i932.photobucket.com/albums/ad166/midnightventure/CIMG1418.jpg http://i932.photobucket.com/albums/ad166/midnightventure/CIMG1414.jpg Even though I had a cold I couldn't resist going for a ride and trying it out. Rode about 35 miles on some rough paved roads and about a mile on gravel. It worked perfect on the pavement but it did quit and I had to cycle through AUX,FM1,FM2 and back to CD and it took right off were it left off. So far I am satisfied with it but I wish that I had felt better so I could have rode 100 miles. The directions state to load the songs for the first CD directly to the SD card and then create 5 more folders called CD02 through CD06. You can load 99 songs to each folder. Total of 594 songs. Also it says to make sure there are no odd symbols like ')in the titles. I had already gone through and fixed all my titles and ended up with 2 1/2 SD cards full. It plays MP3 and WMA. If you pop one SD card out and put nin another it starts at the same disc and song number it was on before. Long pushes on the switch changes Cds (folders) and quick pushs change songs. It creates CD01 soon as it fires up.
  13. I have an mp3 and was going to download songs from Itunes. I downloaded a song to my computer but can't get it to transfer to my mp3. Tech support at Itunes said I could only download to an Ipod and not an mp3. I've talked to other people that said they had mp3's and were able to download. Can anyone tell me if this is correct? Thanks,
  14. Trying "the GPS question" a diff way: Which is the least expensive Garmin(refurb Ok) GPS that supports MP3 and phone calls(via bluetooth) Was thinking of opening my Nuvi265WT and adding a mic in and audio out so I could then use buddyrich cable. But then how to get an external MP3 player attached as well and will a phone call mute the MP3? (don't think so) Can't afford ZUMO sp!ke
  15. Communicated with Pete at BikeMP3 and he held my hand through teaching me how to correctly load the music from my music library. It only took about 4 sets of emails and replys to educate me. I now have 280+ songs (tracks) on 3 "CD's" and it works great and sounds even better. On another thread I suggested that anyone with a Gen 2 Venture might want to contact him about the possibility of developing something that would connect directly into the RSV 6 disc changer circuit. Unless they already have the changer installed, the MP3 would be the way to go.
  16. There's good news for those of us who need an mp3 player for our Venture cassette deck. The company has updated the old player to now accept SCHC cards, and it is available for $24.00 now. The web site to order this player is: http://usb.brando.com/usb-cassette-mp3-player-ii_p01481c035d15.html
  17. There is a great deal on a Garmin Nuvi 855 on Woot today. Any of you looking for a good GPS with MP3 player and bluetooth here it is. http://www.woot.com/
  18. Well folks - it's that time of year again when me and my brothers spend a few days travelling to meet up, sink a few coldies, barbecue a few steaks and generally chill out. This is the seventh (consecutive) year we've done it, but this year is different and special - because our only sister is joining us. I've posted details, photos and video links in the past and this year will be no different. When I get back I'll flick you a few foters. In the mean time - brief details are - over 4 days we'll do around 1600kms (1,000 miles) each to get to our destination at Brunswick Heads on the north coast of New South Wales - and turn around after 2 days there and head home again. Who cares how far it is? It's not the destination but the ride that matters, eh? Meantime, I've made a few mods to the RSV so I can run my GPS, mobile phone and MP3 player (and still have power to spare.) I bought one of those 12V plug in gizmos that has 3 12V sockets and a USB outlet. Secured it to the top of my brake fluid canister on the right bar - using a couple of cable ties. The GPS is attached to the screen, with gaffer tape 'reinforcing'. My little 4GB MP3 player clips on to the power lead for the GPS. It's connected to the power supply by a USB lead and the earphone outlet is connected to the radio system via the Auxiliary MP3 jack. My mobile phone is in a pouch that is secured by velcro to the right side mirror stem. I've taken a photo of the set-up so you can see what I'm talking about. Catch you all back here in 4 or 5 days. Cheers, Spear
  19. Guest

GPS

I have a Megellan GPS, does anyone know if I can get a plug in for my new 2010 Venture S that will work with the AUX, MP3 connection.
  20. I'm contemplating dumping my Sirius radio in favour of an mp3 player. I know nothing about these things as I've never had one so am looking for a little guidance. What do ya'll use? Does it plug into the aux port on the scoot? How do you keep it charged up? How did you mount it on your scoot? How much did it cost? Any other info you can provide? ...and I am cheap so don't want to give up my arm and leg for one. Thanks
  21. The Upgrade of the Year, or I think so. Bike MP3 has an Upgrade Program for the next 5 to 7 days ONLY. Details are on the web site. http://www.bikemp3.com/GL1800-MP3-Player-Upgrade-Scheme-HGW-MP3-UPG.htm Now for the good or best part. Read paragraph 3 carefully. Did you catch it,, If you have an MP3 Player that plugs into the GL1800 system you qualify to Upgrade to the New V-3 Bike MP3 plug and play system. Yepp if you have a J&M, Ipod Shuffle, or another working player that is working, but you want the functionality of the handlebar controls, here is the opportunity to get it as an Upgrade. And Yes there is one in the works for the Venture
  22. Hey ya'll . I just received this email from Bikemp3. Some of you who already have these units on your GoldWings might be interested in this. I'm just passing the word along. I really don't know anything other than what is in this message. News About The V1 MP3 Players Dear BikeMP3 Customer I just wanted to take some time to tell you about our progress with V1 MP3 players for the GL1800 and to make you what we think is an exciting offer. As you will know some users have experienced problems on pre 2006 bikes where they loose control of the change track function. The reasons for this are complicated but above all annoying. Also many users have asked for more functionality from the players. Well, for over a year we have been working with our suppliers to find a remedy to issues and requests and we are happy to tell you that we now have a working solution. What I cannot tell you is that as of today we do not have this solution into a form that we could release to owners of the current players although we are confident that we will soon be able to offer you a solution. However our new factory has made a one time generous offer to all MP3 owners and not just owners of our V1 player but any MP3 player currently being used on a GL1800 regardless of the manufacturer. As long as it is in working condition with all cables and accessories we will upgrade you to our new player for the same low price of $39.99 including shipping. It need not even be integrated just plugged into a GL1800 and working will qualify. After this offer expires the retail for the new player will be $129.99. So tell your friends the offer is open to everyone. So what does this new player offer that makes it worth upgrading to? Well just take a look at the features listed on the right of this page to see the benefits of upgrading, and if the new player does not do what we say it does we will refund your the upgrade fee and return your original player. We are offering 3 upgrade options including one for those of you who want to wait for the fix for our V1 player to be released, however the V1 fix when it comes will just address the lockups it will not offer any of the additional features that the new player offers. We need to organize our records and target our efforts so regardless of your choice we must ask you to visit our website and register your intentions before Friday January 7th 2011 I must emphasize even if you want to wait for the V1 fix we need to know by that date for you to be added to the waiting list this is your final opportunity any requests after this date cannot be accommodated. Current V2 owners that are already on the waiting list will be emailed separately as that list is already closed and we are in contact with effected owners, other V2 users may take advantage of the upgrade program. The upgrade options are $00.00 Keep your old V1 player and wait for the fix $39.99 Send in your old MP3 player and receive the new 2011 V3 $64.99 Keep your old player and receive the new 2011 V3 Register on our homepage WWW.BikeMP3.COM and click the MP3 upgrade product at the bottom of the page All orders must be prepaid with a projected shipping date mid to late January 2011 Please take time to register your intentions as soon as possible Thanks For Your Continued Custom And May I Wish You A Happy And Prosperous New Year Pete Elvin BikeMP3 http://app.expressemailmarketing.com/images/spacer.gif http://app.expressemailmarketing.com/images/spacer.gif New Player Features http://app.expressemailmarketing.com/images/spacer.gif Fix Lockups On Pre 2006 Pause/Stop Function Auto Folder Change Second Aux Port Numeric Index Alphabetic Index Small Form Factor Auto XM Radio Support (No Switch) SD/USB Support Screw In Connections http://app.expressemailmarketing.com/images/spacer.gif New Player Features http://app.expressemailmarketing.com/images/spacer.gif Fix Lockups On Pre 2006 Pause/Stop Function Auto Folder Change Second Aux Port Numeric Index Alphabetic Index Small Form Factor Auto XM Radio Support (No Switch) SD/USB Support Screw In Connections http://app.expressemailmarketing.com/images/spacer.gif
  23. My MP3 player just does not have enough volume, I was thinking about building an amp to boost the volume or buying a pre-made one and putting it inline in the fairing. Has anyone else done anything similar?
  24. I'm in the market for a new GPS. And I'm interested in the Nuvi 765T. My Question is. How is the Quality of the Build in MP3 and the Bluetooth...and is it easy to use these Features when you are riding. thanks
  25. HOW DO YOU HOOK UP A MP3 PLAYER AND GET IT TO WORK THRU AUX. PORT. THANX IN ADVANCE:fingers-crossed-emo