Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

1. I recently purchased a 2006 RSTD and like a lot of you, need more handlebar pullback. Everyone knows the problem with risers being that darn speedometer. For this reason, a lot of you use Flander’s bars which are rarely available. Rick at Buckeye Performance said he could have Flander’s make some more, but at a cost of $270 and who knows when it would be available. So, I came up with an alternative modification that is working incredibly well for me. Not wanting to practice on my stock handlebars, I bought a pair of Baron replacements that are practically the same. I used 2 pieces of 1” 7075 aluminum 6” long and ground down 3” of each piece to 13/16” diameter, leaving the other 3” at 1” diameter. On the 1” side, I drilled a 11/64” hole dead center 1.5” deep and tapped M6-1 threads to fit the bar end weights. I then coated the 13/16” side with a metal epoxy and pounded the handlebar inserts into the handlebars. It worked like a charm. I used 7075 for its hardness and durability and corrosion resistance. You could also use steel, of course. Someone could place pins or countersink screws if concerned about the ends pulling out, but I don’t think that’s ever going to happen. In retrospect, I totally would feel comfortable doing this with the stock bars if I could slide hammer out the bar end bushings.
  2. I installed the Flanders G2 bars and SS lines and cables this weekend with the assistance of Larry ( carbon One). I got the trike off the stand today after cleaning and polishing the rear wheels. The difference in handling and comfort were apparent right away, it now feels like the trike has power steering (think I'll need to stiffen the rear spring preload by 1 notch) and was a much more comfortable riding position. The brakes felt more responsive with the SS lines. I only wish I had the money to do my bike now too maybe next year. If you have not done this upgrade, you need to put it on your list.
  3. Someone once gave me this information once, or I found it, and now I have miss placed it or deleted it by accident. I know I saved it somewhere. I need the 650-08783 Flanders Bars with the cables deal pacifically for our bikes. Sorry, but I have looked for two hours and I give up. Thank you for your help. Fuzzy :smash2:
  4. Looking for a set of stock handlebars from a 99-11 RSV. Does anyone have a set laying around after a Flanders conversion they would like to get rid of?
  5. I was unhappy with the positioning of my mirrors after putting the Flanders bars on my RSTD. Seemed like I had to turn my head too far to look at the mirrors. So I bought some bar clamps and moved the mirrors forward as seen in these pictures. Had to buy some mirror stems because I could not find any metric reverse thread nuts for the stock stem that required it. Now I only have to slightly turn my head !
  6. I know everyone mostly is useing the Flanders handlebars to up grade there bike. A buddy of mine saw these,Baron Custom Accessories 1 Inch Touring Handlebars. on CruiserCustomizing and is thinking of trying them. The ad said it gives 2 1/2 inches more pull back than stock. but the pull back is 16 1/2 inches. Seems to me that that is the same as the stock bars. I think I'll stick with the Flanders myself, but Id like to find out so my friend doesn't cost himself a bunch of money thanks in advance Blacksmith
  7. Maybe I'm just tired, but can not find the detailed instructions on how to install the flanders bars on the rstd that the Navy Lt wrote up. Any help?
  8. #1.The Flanders bars have two part numbers. The 650-08783 @ http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=650-08783&x=15&y=17 #2.and this part number 650-08373 @ http://www.sideroadcycles.com/ImportedMotorcycles/ImportHandlebars/ImportFat/ImportFLT_Type.html They look like possibly the same :confused24: Which is normally used on the RSTD #1-08783, or #2-08373 ? Thanks for any and all information / insight / warnings / links for best price / advice. I will appreciate it please. Fuzzy
  9. Does anyone have any experience with the Yamaha OEM Longhorn handlebars? I've been looking at them and wondered just how different they are from the stock bars. With the stock bars I kind of feel like I'm reaching for the grips. I'd like to bring them back a little and maybe in a touch so my shoulders are bit more relaxed. I know there's a lot of talk about Flanders bars out there but I was wondering about the Longhorns too, which nobody seems to talk much about. Also, I have a 2006 RSTD. If I were to go with Flanders, what part number would I need? Thanks in advance for all the replies. My God I love this site.
  10. Hello Everyone: Just wanted to thank everyone who commented on Flanders handlebar upgrade. It convinced me to order the bars. I installed the bars on Saturday and rode 300 pain free miles on Sunday. No more burning neck pain!!!! I will try to get around to getting pictures posted. I came up with a very good easy cheap way to save the bar weights. Any questions are welcome. I am glad to provide advise just like all you have done. Thanks......
  11. That is the question! This all started with buying a set of handlebar grip heaters. I decided why not change the grips to a set of Kuryakan ISO's and then started considering new handlebars as well. Sooo, my question is how much of a difference is there? I want the controls closer to me and am wondering how much they actually come back, and is there any clearance issues?? Will I gain any extra handlebar area for mounting stuff?? Opinions, please!
  12. I am looking to up grade my stock handle bars to a set of Flanders. Probably will do the whole upgrade to the stainless steel lines. Who has the best price for this upgrade ? If there is someone close to where I live that has done this I would sure like to check it out. Steve
  13. I just installed a set of MBL handlebar risers on the wing. They bring the grips up and back. I got the wide riser set. http://wingstuff.com/pgroup_detail/206_MBL_Risers/2361_GL1800_Handlebar_Risers_MBL_Risers_Standard_or/ They were relatively easy to install and make a big difference. I was getting a stabbing pain at the base of my neck between the shoulders:starz: and they seem to have solved that. I had the same issue with my RSV and put on a set of Flanders G2 bars and braided stainless lines at a cost of about $500. The MBL risers were $69 from wingstuff and I got free shipping that they were offering for a limited time.
  14. I am looking for a set of stock RSTD bars for my RSV, I want the extra width of the RSTD bars that the Flanders dont give. Any one willing to part with theirs?
  15. Since discovering that apparently no risers are available that work with a 2006 RSTD (because the speedo is located right over the stock risers and putting higher risers on would life it up and beyond the mounting bracket), various riders on VentureRider.com have convinced me that the Flanders G2 handlebar is the way to go. Not only will they give me a longer pullback, but they're $145 less expensive than the Star risers my local Yamaha dealer told me were supposed to work. At any rate, all things point to needing a longer throttle cable to go with the Flanders bar. My question is: how long a cable should be ordered and where can I get the best deal on one. A part number and online store would be great if anyone knows. Hoping someone has this info . . . thanks in advance.
  16. I am going to be installing the flanders kit. Does any of our members run the flanders with risers? If any of you have flanders and used the barrons risers, will the cables and brake lines that come with the kit be long enough? I believe that I will need to use risers as well to get the arm position that I desire.
  17. I just received a pair of Flanders bars and since I've never had the bars off I'd thought I would ask if there's any tricks that make changing them out easier, or anything I need to watch out for while changing them. TIA Jim T.
  18. Has anyone done the Flanders bars along with the Baron risers? I have the risers and still feel like I need another inch or so. Short armed I guess. By what I have read, I am not sure that just the Flanders along will give me what I need. Has anyone used both at the same time??? Thanks in advance SlimJim in Texarkana
  19. I ordered the Flanders full-back handlebars and plan to put them on my 07 RSTD next week. If any of you have done this and have pics that would be greatly appreciated. NOTICE: it is for an RSTD not a Venture. I need to see how you RSTD guys took off the speedo and re-routed the cables. Also - if you bought new cable that won't help me much 'caue I am going to do this with the existing cables Thanks, Shep
  20. I have been considering replacing my stock handlebars and would like opinions from some of you that have done the same. I know some talk about Flanders bars but what about the bars from a Tour Deluxe? The TD bars seem quite a bit wider and looks like they would come back much more than the stock bars. I have not seen the Flanders bars on another bike so I do not have anything to compare them with. Would the Flanders or the TD bars be the better choise? If so why?
  21. I'm in the process of changing to the Flanders bars. Last night I took the faring, windshield, seat and gas tank off. I plan on taking everything off the old bars tonight. I have new grips and cables. I have never replaced the grips, bars or cables on a bike before and am looking for advice inspiration and insight. There is a good procedure on another site, but it talks about drilling holes in the flanders bars, and I keep thinking what holes. Any advise or help is appreciated.
  22. After suffering from the "ice pick between the shoulders" feeling on long rides I installed the Barons risers. They helped somewhat but didn't fully solve the problem. I just finished installing the Flanders bars, ss brake lines and throttle cables from Buckeye Performance. I also installed Kuryakyn Iso grips and put in a Sirius Sportster 4 satellite radio while I had the fairing split. I havent had a chance to go on a ride yet so I'll keep yall posted as far as the comfort level is concerned. The install went well and though it was a good bit of work, anyone with a reasonable level of mechanical ability should be able to do it without a problem. I will say that Rick at Buckeye performance is a pleasure to do business with and would definitely recommend them to anyone looking to do this upgrade.-Jack
  23. Could somone give me the model or style number of the Flander's replacement handle bars. I believe I want to go back with them when I replace the damaged ones. Also, is it necessary to use longer brake and clutch lines and throttle cables to go with the Flander's bars? Thanks
  24. I have the Barron's risers and am not happy. So I'm looking at getting some bars and doing a mod over the bad weather. Anyone have some good pics of the bars installed, showing them from the side and year? I'd like to see what they look like installed.
  25. A quick update. After input from several of you, I've upgraded to the Flanders bars from BuckeyePerformance.com, ISO grips and installed the leveling links from DiamondR on my 2007 RSV. WOW!!! what a difference. Got to learn to ride the bike all over again. I also added passing lamps, "fog lights", a Kuryakyn voltmeter and switch box. The lights are run on separate circuits with relays through a power plate located in the trunk. I highly recommend these upgrades. Best Regards, Leonard