Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

Found 1 result

1. Good morning from Louisiana, folks. Background: 2001 Royal Star Venture found in an old man's barn, which hadn't moved in 12 years, and he was about to scrap. He asked for $100, I gave him $200, and set out to restore this beautiful land yacht, the likes of which I had never seen (previously not a biker) and took it to a man who knows two wheel beasts for help. Mechanically, we got the bike back up and running, and she runs like she was just parked yesterday. The friend who was helping went back to working on other projects, and I decided that the rest of the issues were mine to fix without troubling him, as he hadn't charged a dime for hours and hours of assistance already. Trouble is, I'm not a mechanic, or electrician, and have no experience restoring anything, so the intricacies of what time does to a barn queen are lost on me. Some things we did already: -Replaced fuel tank, carbs, petcock, and lines, as "Abigail", as I'm calling her, had sat with fuel in the tank and carbs for 12 years and were beyond salvage. All of the above were secured from pinwall cycles. -new tires, obviously, new windshield, new throttle cable. Current status: -She runs the road like she was born for it. NO COMPLAINTS AT ALL for how she rides and cruises. Wish I had found this girl years ago. -Electrical issues abound. Most of these, I am going to take the fairing apart tomorrow morning while off work and see about cleaning electrical contacts, as I think these will mostly clear with some dielectric grease and scrubbing. E.G., Cruise control switch is 'finnicky', sometimes turning on the cruise control, sometimes doing nothing whatsoever; dimmer/bright switch will only operate bright light, dim contact apparently non-functioning. Main problems, for now: - Fuel gauge is showing the error diagnostic (Flashing full bars, then flashing Full and Empty bars together without intervening bars), but the sender unit is functioning as far as I can tell. Manual says to take to Yamaha dealership, but the nearest one is almost two hours' drive time and I won't be able to make time for that kind of trip away from home for a couple of weeks. Hoping one of you gents can fill me in with some DIY tips. - Radio will not turn on. This may be a fuse problem, but I'm not even sure where the fuse box is located. The manual told me there are two panels, but the pictures don't give me enough context to know where on the bike they are. I apologize, this is probably the dumbest question y'all have seen, but again, I'm not mechanically inclined at all, this is a trial and error lesson for me. If someone could post a picture showing me where to go, or describe in detail, that would be appreciated. - Trip gauges reset every time the bike is turned off, without exception. Odometer works flawlessly, but without a functioning fuel level readout, mileage is my only means of determining fuel expenditure, and I cannot accurately judge that when the trips I've made so far are short test runs, learning how the bike handles (say, thirty minutes at a time). I don't want to hit highways until I get the issues completely sorted. Any leads would be greatly appreciated. Even links to other threads where these may have been answered already. Thank y'all, and I'm excited to be a new member of the Venture Rider community!