Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

Found 16 results

1. Hello fellow Venturer's, I was able to get my hands on the TomTom Rider 550. It is great just like my Brother @cowpuc finds the twisties for you along with free world wide map updates and free traffic- as long as it is connected to wifi or bluetooth off your phone. I really like it and will be using it from now on. Here is my review. https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/2020/07/01/tomtom-rider-550-review-gps-and-more-for-motorcycles/ VentureFar...
  2. I recently bought a TomTom XXL 550T to upgrade from my first GPS. I had a good understanding of the the Nextar unit and had all my favorite locations entered. I figured it's a no brainer to punch the locations into the TomTom to build my favorites file. BUT the Quick Start book that comes with it is a lil lacking. :rotf: So I load up the TomTom Home site and figure I'll find an actual users manual that will give me detailed directions on the operations of my 550. Either I'm blind or I'm just not seeing it but having no luck. I've done my upgrades, made some mods and added some features so the home site has be useful for that. Pretty much just interested in building my favorites file, and naming them if possible. I did manage to get my home location set. Yea! (Like I've ever failed to find my way back.) Anybody have any info on how or where to find a manual on this thing? Lost.......... Mike
  3. I have just added another prize to the Vogel Raffles. On the way is a Tom Tom XXL 530 Gps. [ATTACH]59231[/ATTACH] Warranty: 1 Year TomTom Condition: New Features: Extra-wide 5.0” color touchscreen control 2GB flash memory preloaded with maps of the US and Canada 3 million preloaded points of interest – easily find gas stations, restaurants, hotels and more along your route. Customize by adding your own points of interest EasyPort suction-cup windshield mount folds away for convenient storage and transport between vehicles Text-to-speech voice prompts announce actual street names at turns IQ Routes technology, used to plan the best possible route taking into account the real average speeds measured on the roads With MapShare you can correct errors on your map and share those corrections with other people in the TomTom MapShare community as well as receive corrections made by others TomTom HOME desktop software has everything you need to keep your TomTom device up to date - get new software, download new maps, access free content from the TomTom community and subscribe to services “Help Me!” Emergency Menu allows easy access to local emergency providers such as police, fire stations and hospitals Compatible with RDS traffic-info service (additional receiver and subscription required) available in most major urban areas
  4. So I have the one TomTom RAM Mounts dosent make a base for....go figure! SWMBO says there is no new GPS in my future. Any mounting suggestions? Anyone want to trade for something I can mount to my RSV w/o difficulty? Thanks!
  5. Forgive me for I know that GPS units have been discussed to great extent here, but... I'm just to lazy to sift through so many threads looking for whatever info I can find. But... I'm curious what options we motorcyclists have when it comes to GPS's. I've seen the TomTom Rider/Rider2, and the Garmin 550 & 660. The TomTom doesn't support MP3 playback and at $800 - $900 bucks, the Garmins are a bit expensive for my taste. Not to mention the helmet accessories for the Garmin, which appear to come with the TomTom. What other GPS's do you guys use? I would like one to at least have MP3 playback, be waterproof, and be able to update the maps. Bluetooth would be nice for the cellphone use but not big on my list. A fair price would be nice too. I think it's ridiculous that all because something is for a motorcycle, it should cost 2-4 times as much.
  6. Bought this as part of Black Friday from Walmart.com for the wife's car. Consumer reports gave good remarks for the 330S. User reviews were just the opposite and the tomtom forum there are some folks that bought the same model from walmart. Seems as long as you don't update it, you are fine but as soon as you update the maps or add anything like voices the unit goes south. Freezes on the splash screen and what not. Also rechecked the walmart.com return policy. Returnable in 15 days, but they will not refund the taxes I paid. Grrrrrr. Gees I haven't gotten this in my hands yet and I am already having buyers remorse.
  7. A while back I thought I read where someone was able to get their TOMTOM RIDER to play through their sound system on the bike. Does anyone know if this can be done? Thanks, Mike
  8. OK...here's the continuation of my Christmas Story. As I mentioned in another post yesterday, my wife bought me a TomTom Rider 2 for Christmas. She was so excited that she had surprised me with something that I had wanted (a GPS) for a while now. The problem was, I spent all day yesterday messing with it and could NOT get it to power up. Then I got an email from BradT telling me that another member here had bought the same unit and that he had to hold the power button in HARD to get it to power on. So after reading his email this morning I took it out of the box again and pushed the button VERY HARD and sure enough, it came on in about 2 seconds. All is well. I then played with it for about 30 minutes but pretty much already knew that I was going to return it. The problem is that the TomTom Rider does not have an audio out jack or a built in speaker. The only way to use the voice prompts is to use the included bluetooth headset. That means that not only would I have to buy my wife a bluetooth headset but then some sort of hardware to convert the existing audion system of the RSV to bluetooth in order to use the headsets for the intercom, sterieo, etc. I think that TomTom really missed the mark with this setup. I ended up heading to Best Buy about 10:00 this morning to return the unit. The nice young lady asked me if there was anything wrong with it and I said well the main thing is that it's just not compatible with my bike. She then informed me that there would be a 15% "restocking" fee. I said are you telling me that it is going to cost me about $85.00 to return this product. She replied yes, all the stores do that. I said NO...Walmart doesn't. At any rate, I then asked her what the policy is if the unit is bad and she replied that there would be no restocking fee in that case. I said OK then....I can't get it to turn on. She said that she would have to test it and verify that fact to which I replied...PLEASE...do that now. She took it out of the box and pressed the power button and sure enough, it wouldn't turn on. She took out the AC Adapter and plugged it in and again...it would not turn on. I didn't tell her to press very hard on the button. She shrugged and said hmmmmm.....it must be defective and then gave me a full refund. I'm sure glad that TomTom makes them hard to power up. So now I'm on the fence. I'm trying to decide between the Garmin Zumo 550 and the 450. I know that the popular choice here is the 550 but after comparing them, I don't know that I can justify the extra $300.00. I don't want the XM capabilities and the only other thing that I see is text to voice. Am I missing anything?
  9. A while back for my birthday I got a TomTom Go720. Very nice, but I was wanting a Zumo so that I could run my phone mike through the GPS. Well, has anyone ever tried to "Y" a Blackberry and TomTom in somehow so that you have receive your calls?
  10. Guest

TomTom Go 910 cradle free

I have sold my TomTom Go910 and have no further use for the Ram cradle I had for it. Free to anyone who needs it and covers whatever the shipping cost.
  11. Guest

TomTom Rider 2 question

Does anyone live near the Tulsa area who has a TomTom Rider 2 that I could look at. My Rider 2 works great in the car but will not charge the battery while on the bike. TomTom has sent me 2 new units and 4 docking stations and 2 power cables but it will still not charge while on the bike. It will charge on the home charger or in the car, just not on the bike. I have checked the voltage on the pins on the docking station on the bike and have good voltage (12.7 with the key off). The unit reconizes it when it is snapped on the bike because it tells you to establish a bluetooth conection for sound but it will not charge the battery. I was wondering if anyone is familiar with this unit that might be able to tell me whats wrong or if they have had any problems like this. TomTom has been great to work but they keep sending me new parts that still don't work. Any ideas? Thanks
  12. I want to thank everyone in advance for all the suggestions and recommendations for mounting GPS eq. My navigator got a new TomTom for her birthday from her sister and she wants to mount it to the RSV. I have purchased a RAM mount for the TomTom. And while I think this is an okay idea, it would give her one less thing to be able to tell me how to do..... My question is, do I need to purchase some sort of tether for the TomTom or is the RAM mount secure enough not to have to worry about? If I do need to purchase a tether, I am open to suggestions on what and where to buy and how to attach it. Thanks again,
  13. I'm not looking for a can of worms, but need the opinion of the people that know. I can buy a Garmin Zumo 450, for the same price as a TomTom Rider 2nd edition. I need to know the advantages and shortcomings if anyone has that info. I may go to a Zumo 550, but it seems to me that the TomTom has it all covered. Thanks Carl
  14. I bought a tomtom one. I need to get a handle bar mount. There seems to be 2 different ones. One is a short mount that bacically aimes the gps unit straight toward you and a longer (taller mount) Which do you hace and wich works best. Thanks, Steve
  15. I am looking to mount my TomTom Go910 and have picked out the proper Ram mount. My question is how/what do I use to make the electrical hookup to the rear of the unit. All I have is the bar shaped mount that is attached to the windshield suction cup mount. Appreciate any input. The TomTom site is useless for any answers.
  16. I just recieved a Tomtom one. The cheapest Ram-Mount I have found is $39.95 with shipping. Anybody know of anything cheaper?