Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

Found 13 results

1. Hi all, I just finished my review of the new for 2020 Garmin Montana 700i GPS. It is a hulking piece of hardware that has so much functionality that is took me a long time to figure it out, but it was worth the work. Our good friend @cowpuc navigates celestially and can communicate by smoke signals if he is out of cell range, but for the rest of us having a satellite connection when needed is comforting if not down right lifesaving. Comments always welcome If you ride, hike, fish, boat, fly, climb, take cruises, hunt with dogs or want to connect with someone when you have NO CELL SERVICE then this Garmin Montana 700i has something for you. Hope you enjoy the read. https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/2020/11/24/garmin-montana-700i-review-motorcycle-gps-adventure-partner/ VentureFar...
  2. I get an uncomfortable feeling when riding alone in the twisties and my phone has NO SERVICE. Can you relate? Well there is a fix for that feeling. It is the satellite connected Personal Locator Beacons- SOS type button to summon the Calvary - but you don't always need search and rescue, just a gallon of gas or a ride on the back of a flat bed. Here is my review on a great product that really stands out among the competition. I hope you enjoy the read as much as I enjoyed writing it @cowpuc. VentureFar... https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/2020/05/19/somewear-global-hotspot-review-the-no-service-alternative/
  3. Cool looking bagger with: Throttle body injection, satellite XM radio and satellite navigation, 1300cc, 50 mpg, iPod & iPhone audio? Sign me up! http://www.starmotorcycles.com/star/products/modelhome/672/0/home.aspx Be sure to watch the video. http://imageshand.yamahamotors.com/img.jpg?id=18511&class=med640 (oh, and thank you Steve, you even influenced motorcycle design!)
  4. Can the 12V ACC plug (located on the left inside of the front fairing of my 06 Venture) handle powering up my GPS and a Roady2 satellite radio? Boomer....who sez thanks in advance for any responses.
  5. Some or you may have remembered that I bought my wife a new toy about 3 months ago. It is a 2004 Chrysler Crossfire. She loves the car but hated the stereo as, like me, she is spoiled by commercial free satellite radio. So yesterday I had a new Sony stereo installed with Sirius satellite radio. She is a very happy camper now. The problem is, the Crossfire is not exactly a winter car so it won't get a lot of use for a few months. I wanted something with a silver face to match the existing dash as close as possible. To get one in silver, I ended up having to go with a marine unit but I think it turned out pretty well and it sounds fantastic.
  6. Satellite Photos of Japan, Before and After the Quake and Tsunami Move the slider left and right to scroll the new and old images (little bar in middle of each pic) to compare satellite images, taken by GeoEye, from before and after the disaster. http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2011/03/13/world/asia/satellite-photos-japan-before-and-after-tsunami.html?hp This link really shows the extent of the damage done.
  7. Looking for a bracket mount for a Garmin 665 XM satellite antenna. Similar to this. http://www.gpscity.ca/g/gps/l/4/ram344.jpg Any other options than RAM? Anyone have one to move along to a new home? Thanks
  8. So time to think about adding satellite radio. Comments on XM Radio vs Sirius for satellite providers? Garmin new Zumo 665 has XM. BUT already have a GPS device. Other question, anyone using the portable satellite receivers vs the car mount device? ON the weekend, saw 2 Harleys with the docking station mounted to the left clutch resevior bolts and wired in. Actually looked good, but then again, Harely? Enough said. Thanks for any comments.
  9. I thought I had read a post where someone mounted the satellite antenna under the fairing, but I can't find it now. 1. Has anyone done this with success? 2. If so, have you been out on the road where there is only signal from the satellite and not from terrestrial repeaters. Thanks
  10. Go directly to the source for the right answers !!! I need some imput from fellow motorcycle riders. I have a zumo 550 on my RSV (love the GPS), I can buy an antenna/receiver (GMX-30) to get satellite radio music/sports, Accessing and controlling it through the GPS unit. However this thing cost over $200... Anyone using one ? And is it worth it ? I don't mind spending the money for the unit if it is a good product and works well. (FYI...I've never had, or heard satellite radios) This would keep me from mounting a seperate xm radio + antenna... Anyone using one of these ? and how do you like it ???? Thanks Sterling T.
  11. here is some photos of my 2008 rsv. i have been busy adding lights, back rest, sirius satellite and a tank cover, plus other items.hopefully i can get the video to load up.
  12. c'mon now... I know I ain't the only one who buys hisself a gift for xmas. Well, the wife and I decided to get a "common" gift...one that we both wanted and both can use so, we went out and bought a new 37" HDTV and a HD satellite receiver (we already have satellite TV). WOW! ... what a difference and, what a learning experience we went through before we settled on a specific TV brand/model. Then came the fun and games connecting everything (Satellite receiver, DVD player, Stereo system...) ... thos "sales people" don't tell ya everything and even though they seem knowledgeable, they don't always know everything either. I got the HDMI/DVI cable (coz the sales guy said I should)... but when I hooked it up (tried the s-video first) .... I had no sound! Great picture...no sound. Phoned the satellite tech support ... guy I got said I needed to turn the TV on before the SAT receiver so that a proper "handshake" could be made... well, that didn't work. Then I phoned the store where I bought the stuff... tech guy there wasn't sure why but said try shutting it all off. (I was at work during these calls so couldn't actually do anything). Got home, tried shutting off and starting TV first, then SAT receiver... no sound. Got on the phone with SAT tech again...went from tier one to tier two all the way to tier three support...they even downloaded a manual for the TV... and that's where it is obvious what was needed.... a simple $12 Audio 2-into-one cable that runs the audio from the SAT box to the single RCA/DVI audio jack on the back of the TV. THAT info was not in the paper manual that came with anything and it's obvious none of the tech guys knew what was needed without themselves referring to a "book". This process took over an hour and a half! Well, we're very happy with it now but this whole thing proves a point... the more "high-tech" things become, the more knowledge a person has to absorb and ya sure can't rely on nobody tellin ya simple, clear, layman's instructions no more.
  13. Guest

music source

I have a 2006 RSV with headsets for wife and I. The cassette player seems a little backward in technology. Do you folks recommend ipod or satellite radio? Will either one plug into the auxilliary port next to the cassette player?