Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

1. Hi, I am stuck with an engine problem. SO the problem is i purchase a 1996 Royal Star Touring XVZ1300AT with a broken conrod thinking i'd just slot another engine in. I'm in Australia so there are not a lot of wrecked bikes for parts. Then in the USA was advertised a 1999 Royal Start Touring engine and i check the VIN suitability on eBay and went ahead and ordered it at a crazy price with freight but didn't really have an option. Then it arrived and I noticed the exhaust air injectors(maybe cap off so thats OK), but the carburetor boots are much larger on this engine so the old carby would not fit. I then asked them for the VIn it came of and it turn out int a Royal Star Venture XVZ1300TF, similar, but different!! So i thought great, I'll take the boots off the old engine and just fit them, but NO, the mounting bolts pitch is much larger on the venture engine so that wont work. I'm now stuck and my questions are : Option 1 is to get the Venture carby's but I believe that the venture carburetors end up much higher and wont fit in a Touring frame and would need to filter air box changed. Option 2 swap the heads on the engines, a pain but it solves both problems and they look like they would be able to be swapped ok so anyone whos done this I'd appreciate and advise.
  2. Not too long before installing the HID on the bike, my radio had been acting up.. I had thought it was a bad connection on one of the cable plugs etc but the other day, the whole thing went up and died.. Turn the ignition on, press the audio or CB button on the handle bar controller and nothing.. the controller doesn't light up, no juice or crackle or nuttin coming through the speakers. I checks all the cables, wires, ground and so on etc etc.. nothing.. I pulled the radio from my buddy's bike as we were installing his HID and yup, his radio works.. ARGH... logic says, my radio is dead. oh no.. It sounded bad for weeks prior and it finally gave up the ghost the other day.. BLECH... can't even play MP3s as everything goes through that box.. Does any one know what the YELLOW cable does? So, here's the question.. Its a 2006 Midnight Venture. Its a US bike here in Canada. I have no warranty here in Canada but I can get warranty work done in the USA if I am down there and can find a sympathetic dealer to help.. Is the radio a warranty item? If so, then I might be in luck as I'm going on my long road trip through the USA next month and could find a dealer in Maine to do a swap.. only takes 12 minutes to swap it out.. OR... find someone who could help me by doing a swap? if NOT a warranty item, then where best to find a replacement radio? I'm guessing that the previous two owners had done such a bad wiring job under the hood before I bought the bike, I had so many problems with the steering locks cutting everything that it weakened everything and poof... it gave up the ghost. Hoping for some help.. Hard to ride in comfort and fun without the tunes.. =)
  3. http://email.doeanderson.com/triumph/images/triumph-vintage-fest-header.jpg Anyone else thinking about going? I'll try to make a 1 day.
  4. I know this is probably a stupid question, but does anybody need (or want) a stock CD changer? I really have no use for the thing. Don't necessarily care if I get money for it, wouldn't bother me if somebody just wanted to swap me something cool for it. Let me know, I'm afraid the shipping will get more expensive because of the weight of all the dust it's collecting.
  5. Hello Im completly new at this here street bike experience, I bought a 1996 Royal star. Not Realising that two of the carbs had striped fuel mixture screws holes, now Im searching and looking around on Ebay and so on for a used set of carbs. New each carb at Yamaha is almost $600 I cant not aford that at all. Im hoping that you guys might be able to tell me what years and models may be swaped onto my bike. I tried the local Yaamaha Dealers and the are not helpfull at all, they dont want to share part #s so I may compare and try to figure out what might swap. Thanks for your attention...
  6. So I've read a plethora of resources and online pages/blogs about performing a swap of the front end on my 77, but I can't seem to figure out one thing. There seems to be a variety of front ends that can be used for a conversion to a beefier/newer setup like from the Ninja's, but I'm curious if all of these require additional work due to steering stem length... Are there any compatible front ends that have the right bearings and stem length to basically be a "plug and play" setup? I'd like to do the conversion, but I'm looking for the easiest route possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Most of the online resources I checked or was directed to have loads of "lists" that cover this, but don't seem to go in any detail as to whether they are actual direct fit or need additional mods.
  7. Curious what a fair rate is to take off the rear wheel on a HD Roadking and swap the pulley and rotor on to another wheel and reassemble. Essentially the same amount of work to replace a rear tire. I know shop rates vary, but a reasonable amount for the southern region?
  8. I saw some instructions in the 1st Gen maintenance folder on eingine swap. Was wonder if anyone has documented a more detail procedure. Also any differences to consider when putting a 91 VR into an 89 VR.
  9. Anyone have a good step by step procedure on how to swap an MKII carb. My 89 carbs are acting up and would like to put the carbs from my wrecked 91 in. Then I'll rebuild the 89 carb.
  10. I just purchased a Venture tank for my RSTD to get the extra fuel capacity for trips. Is there anything special I need to know to swap it? In the pics, it looks like a direct swap. What do I use for a sealer for the petcock? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. R.
  11. Well...well...not to have those midwesterners in Minnesota outdo us folks on the Best Coast, I thought I would pass along that the Classic Japanese Motorcycle Club is having it's annual Swap Meet and Bike Show in Auburn, CA. at the end of this month, on Friday, June 29th. to Sunday, July 1st. Here is the link to their calendar, and you will have to scroll down to get to the end of June to see all the details of the event: http://www.cjmc.org/calendar.html There is Flat Track races on Friday night, not affiliated with the swap meet and show, but in the same fairgrounds area, so we all just walk over to the flat track races and have a hoot. It has been popinted out to me that this is somewhat near Condor...hmm...so maybe he could show up too.
  12. i have decided to do a 32mm carb swap on my rstd after reading the artical (and i dont know how i found the thread) that freebird posted a link to writen by lynn nicholls about the swap that is if i can get the 32 first before the stock 28 so i hope to be riding my rstd by october or november if all goes well doing the jobshould take me about a day to do that should be easy getting the carbs, intake boots, and clamps will be the hard part as this requires more money than i got so now i have to start saving my pennies without the wife knowing as she is actively looking for gainful employment and unemployment nolonger pays teachers when they are laid off so wish me luck as i look for a 2nd J@% to pay for this
  13. OK can a rookie do this I've read the fourms and got everything I need relay, aux fuse box heavy duty switch. I'm just asking before I take this on while my machine is laid up this week. QUESTIONS I HAVE: 1- Getting power from the battery to the relay, does the gas tank have to come off? 2- Relay and in-line fuse should it be somewhere other than inside the fairing 3- Swap out the headlight bulb for something different 4- how hard is it getting that fairing off I know I'll have more questions and your the ones to ask, Thanks for your imput and your help. Oh I have a 2008 RSV you may need to know that.
  14. Ok, the question is, will the heads from an '83 1200cc motor fit on top of an '88 1300cc motor? IIRC, Dingy put 1200cc V-Max heads on a 1300 motor. This is the issue I am having. I have a incomplete donor motor from an '88 Venture that I picked up for my '83 Venture that was having 2nd gear issues. When I cracked open my '83 case, I found out that the two center crankshaft bearings were damaged, with the journal of one having scrapes deep enough to catch a fingernail. The other exposed bearings looked dull. Also, the PO had opened the motor before, sealing it back up with red gasket sealer, getting it everywhere, even in oil passages. So I am a little concerned about the block. The '88 motor had almost all of it's covers removed, and the intake/exhaust ports left open. Some of the valves are stuck open. I pulled the heads and the cylinders look fine, still has the cross-hatch marks on the walls with no up/down scratches. The exposed bearings look nice & shiny, and I see no damage on the crankshaft. My '83 heads are still fine as the bike was still running before I tore it down. So what I want to do is put the good gears back into the '88, button it back up, and swap the heads from my '83 onto the '88, then install the '88 back into my bike. I'm looking at head gaskets for an '88 and the valve cove gaskets from a 2nd gen. I know I'm asking a question that I kinda have an answer for (and most likely the direction I will take), but I'm just seeing if there is any issues or problems that I should be aware of or look out for. I was hoping for a simple transmission swap but it's turning into a big headache. -Andrew
  15. Big Motorcycle swap meet today in Novi. Five of us are going. Same building as International Show. I have a shop full of stuff for the new bike but Im looking for just a few dozen more things .
  16. Does anyone own one with a cb? Do the original CBS allow you to talk, or only listen? I'm thinking about swapping the one from my old bike to my new bike. To do this I'll have to swap wiring harnesses too. So I guess another question of mine is, is it worth it???
  17. Hello again. i have another simple question that I would like to know the answer to before I buy a RSV. How simple is it to remove the rear trunk, passenger seat back and speakers and swap in the sissy bar from a RSTD. I like the trunk and speakers for long road trips....but for everyday commuting I think I would like the look of the OEM RSTD Sissy bar on the back. Is this like a 10-15 min swap or a major ordeal. I will be removing the 2 antennas since I don"t plan on using the CB and FM tuner....I will be using XM Satellite Radio. I was also going to put the rear speaker wires on quick disconnects .....so with that said....would doing this be an easy swap out. I would just buy a RSTD ...but I like the trunk for long trips and I love the fairing and stereo of the RSV. Thank you folks for your help.
  18. Would anybody happen to have an ECM/PCM From a Ford F or E series with a 5.8L/351W, fuel injection, and manual trans, C6, or AOD? Somewhere in the 91 model year, give or take? I swapped in a 351W MEFI and an E4OD trans into my 78 F100 a couple years ago and the trans has been filled with gremlins. So I want to swap out the E4OD for an AOD. But I also have to swap out the ECM so the computer won't be looking for the E4OD and give me further issues. Thanks Bill
  19. I posted this up in meet and eats and here to see what happens. 9147.1 http://www.barbermuseum.org/admission.php thought i'd post this up and see if any out there wants to come over to barber's and have a little fun on oct 7th, 8th, or 9th. if so i'll look around for a motel with a good rate and post it up for ya'll. i hope to camp out at lest 1 night with my grandson and watch a few races and wander around and look at all the folk at the swap meet. it's gotten pretty big now with several thousand bikes and all kinds of parts. i found a venture owners manual last yr and got it for $3. let me know soon, i'll try to set up a place to meet and eat some good food too.
  20. has anyone done a rk muffler swap with a first gen?
  21. Ok, so a month or so ago I bought a set of RSTD handle bars for my 2006 Venture. My thought is, the RSTD have more pull back and are wider than the Venture bars so can I just get the throttle cable (upper) and the upper brake line from a RSTD an just swap them out with my Venture so that I gain the extra length that everybody says you need with these bars. Are the RSTD lines and cabels longer? Not sure what if anything to do about the clutch line. Could use a little insight into the swap and what others have done. Do I have to change the throttle cable (lengthen it 2”)? Will the standard Venture front brake line be ok “as is” or do I have to lengthen it too (2”)? What about the radio? OR is it a matter of just re-routing the present cable path? And yes I have done the search for some of the answers. LOL Bubber
  22. My stereo control unit is doing wierd things. It locks up and the buttons will not work. I rode most of the day with it in the HS mode, but couldn't swap back to SP mode. After i shut the bike down and restarted it works again. Any clues??
  23. Looking for soem upgradesalthough when I first got the RSTC i said i wouldnt change anything. Well I guess Im just a guy and want improvemenmts. SO who has done the vmax rear drive swap ? What is needed besides the rear. What year rear should be used and any mods have to be done? Fuel milage vs passing power . Is it peppier?
  24. Hey Guys thanks for the help on the bars now I was gonna change plugs just took a quick look got all the side covers off but doesn't seem to be enough clearance is there an easy way:rotf:or a trick to get swap em ? Oh its an 83 Thanks Tom
  25. I know this has been doscussed, but I couldn`t find the post. I just got a set of TD handle bars from Phoneman and am wondering if the throtle cables will need to be relocated or is it a simple swap? I don`t want to get it tore apart and not have it ready to ride to work in the morning, so any info would be great...I might even buy ya a Blizzard!!! Thanks, Kreg