Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

1. I recently lost my 2006 VTX1300 in the floods in the Memphis,TN area. Dealing with insurance company now on the total loss settlement. Now with the basic background out of the way. I am looking at a 2006 royal star tour deluxe black. Dealer is asking $8999. Actually two dealers 100 miles apart. One bike has 4400 miles the other has 6800 miles. Got one dealer down to $7999 and am sure I can get the other down to that too. Is this a good price. Both bikes look show room clean. What are the known issues with this bike? How's the maintenance? What are the must have accessories? Is the seat a must replace and if so what's the recommended seat? What are the must do mods? I know yamaha makes a good bike. Just not overly familiar with this one. Anything I need to look for or check before buying? Sorry for so many questions. I'm sure the search tab would answer most of my questions but I like the answers fresh lol. And Im being a little lazy. Sorry. Thanks for the help. Ps I am an ok wrench and am not scared to do my own work.
  2. OK so I have 3 (probably simple) questions about doing an upgrade to R6 front brakes with stainless lines; I am also going to delink the system. I am going to order the calipers tomorrow. #1 As for the master cylinder will my current one work (IE is mine a 14mm or a 5/8)? #2 When I remove a line from the rear master cylinder what port will I use for the new brake and what port will I block off? And what kind of bolt do I use to block that port off? #3 For the front lines is a V-Max splitter necessary to use or can I use something like this https://www.denniskirk.com/russell/brake-line-fitting-male-3-t-junction-r4298c.p191349.prd/191349.sku OR just run a double banjo bolt and 2 seperate lines from the master to the calipers? I looked and could not find a clear answer to my question, and I know they are probably simple to answer. Thanks ahead of time everyone! And yes I know I said I have 3 questions and there was closer to 4
  3. Anyone know of a way to get the residue from stick on tire weights off? I found a web site for professional detailers and a lot of them are detailing motorcycles also and when I posed this questions most said to use 3M general purpose adhesive cleaner. Anyone used this? I don't believe this product will do the job.
  4. Ok, so since I've fallen in love with my "new" 03 RSV, and because my family is asking about suggestions for Christmas gifts, I thought I'd ask a few more questions about my new baby, and hope that everybody here might have a few thoughts... Tires: the bike has a set of Dunlop 404's on her, with less than 1000 miles on them. I've seen several threads here about how the 404's aren't really a "good" tire for the RSV, or that they might not even be safe for the RSV. Are they really that bad, or actually un-safe? It seems that the Dunlop E3 are pretty popular here, along with a model from Avon and even the Metzler 880's. I will definitely put something else on when it's time to change, but should I just get rid of the 404's now? Windshield: my RSV came wearing a "cut down" stock shield, cut down to 8". While that could probably be a good thing around here in Texas in August, it's way too short for cooler weather and doesn't feel right at higher speeds. So a new shield is a must. What brand of shield do most folks run on their RSV? I've seen the "Baggershield" ads and looked at their site. (I've written to them with a few questions, and they have been very nice) It's a VERY interesting idea, I think I would love the 10" going to 16" shield. But I'm not sure I'm comfortable with the "tinted lower section/ clear upper section" approach. I've never ridden a tinted shield before, and I'm not sure how I feel about the look of a "two tone" shield when riding with the shield extended up to full height. I think I wish they offered the option to have both sections clear, rather than one section tinted.... Speaking of windshields, do you guys prefer to "look over" or "look through" your shields? And if you use a taller shield, are the vents a good idea? I'm looking forward to some longer runs and trips on my RSV, it's one of the reasons I bought her. But I haven't done that all that many longer rides before this bike, and I am always aware of being careful with the damn Texas heat. I'm coming from a Roadstar, it came with a shorter shield that I (barely) looked over, and that was great around town and ok on day trips. But I don't know what works best beyond that. As we say out here....Please, and thank you in advance!!
  5. Today I finally met my first VR member. I have been receiving very nice PM and thread replies from a lot of you. Want to thank Steve K. Aka M61A1MECH for taking the time after his bike run to meet with me in his old stomping rounds of spring hill. A couple of things. First off his bike looks awesome, has a lot of nice add ons and modifications. More importantly was his personable, friendly demeanor. He was eager to answer all my newbie questions and add his vast knowledge on things I would have never guessed. I asked him to ride the bike and give me a feel. Came back and was happy as a clam with my bikes handling. After the holidays I am headed his way on the other side of the state to have him help me w a cool light bar set up. Over all I have not had one bad experience dealing w anyone on this forum and wanted to let you know I appreciate it since I feel like I am running a marathon with my shoes tied together and my eyes closed. If anyone has any questions regarding lights /LEDs etc, trying reaching out to him. He has some good ideas. It's nice to be surrounded by people who are genuine and not Butt heads Barry
  6. i want to thank 2 people on this forum Tazmocycle for the help he gave me fixing my carbs on my 99 RSTD without his help i never would have found my clutch problem and too SkyDoc_17 who helped me find the clutch problem walked me through it and is sending me the disc i need to fix this problem so i can ride my 2nd gen between the 2 of them they have gotten my 2nd gen on the road to a full recovery for many many miles of safe, happy, and fun riding. i also can not leave out the many of you who have responded to my questions as well as others questions and to the aid of other venture riders with valuable information and open invitations to help. Thank You VR.Org members Have a Happy and Safe ride no more of this for me by next week
  7. I just got my trike, never rode one for any extended distance, I find the ride a little harsh, so I have a couple of questions. First a little info about my trike, It is a 93 Venture Royale, with a Motor Trike kit installed by the factory in 99. One of the previous owners added air bags that are hooked up to the class system. It also has progressive air shocks. How much air should I run in them and what air pressures do you reccomend in the tires. Mine are radials, and right now they have 20 lbs. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  8. Going to be in your area soon. PMed some questions for you. thanks, yammer 2k1
  9. Ok, More questions about 2 Gen Venture: 1st: The tool kit should be so good that Mike decide to keep it. So can somebody tell me what tool are inicluded on it. So I can purchase each one and have them on the bike? 2nd: I 'm looking for Chrome clamp covers to put on the HD pipes I have to hide the clamps on it. Where can I got them? Thanks for any info on this. :cool10::cool10::cool10:
  10. The schedule of events have been posted and updated for 7 months.......many of your questions can be self answered by reading this page.....Its not that I mind your emails, BUT I rarely check them. THAT IS WHY my answers are sometimes a week or so late..If you have a question for me , please pm me here on this forum....
  11. Wish I was there to ask the Venture's Rider some questions haha!
  12. OK can a rookie do this I've read the fourms and got everything I need relay, aux fuse box heavy duty switch. I'm just asking before I take this on while my machine is laid up this week. QUESTIONS I HAVE: 1- Getting power from the battery to the relay, does the gas tank have to come off? 2- Relay and in-line fuse should it be somewhere other than inside the fairing 3- Swap out the headlight bulb for something different 4- how hard is it getting that fairing off I know I'll have more questions and your the ones to ask, Thanks for your imput and your help. Oh I have a 2008 RSV you may need to know that.
  13. Heading down to New Iberia, Louisiana on March 28th, job interview and flying back home on the 29th. Hopefully Cargill likes what they see, make a decent offer.....and we'll look at relocating way doooooown south......we'll see how it works out, there is a lot of unanswered questions and variables right now. Anyone have any insights into the New Iberia area? Good area? Quality of life in that area? gunk:shock3:
  14. Good article on general tire questions. here
  15. Do we have any Architects on this site. Wanted to ask a few questions, so please pm me. Thanks Brad
  16. http://us.mg5.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1%5f7964%5fAN1VimIAATN2TrwDsgOobjnjttU&pid=2&fid=Inbox&inline=1 A mother is driving her little girl to her friend's house for a play date. ' Mommy ,' the little girl asks, 'how old are you?' 'Honey, you are not supposed to ask a lady her age,' the mother replied. 'It's not polite.' 'OK', the little girl says, 'How much do you weigh?' 'Now really,' the mother says, 'those are personal questions and are really none of your business.' Undaunted, the little girl asks, 'Why did you and Daddy get a divorce?' 'That's enough questions, young lady! Honestly!' The exasperated mother walks away as the two friends begin to play. ' My Mom won't tell me anything about her,' the little girl says to her friend. 'Well,' says the friend, 'all you need to do is look at her driver's license. It's like a report card, it has everything on it.' Later that night the little girl says to her mother, 'I know how old you are. You are 32.' The mother is surprised and asks, 'How did you find that out? 'I also know that you weigh 130 pounds.' The mother is past surprised and shocked now. 'How in Heaven's name did you find that out?' 'And,' the little girl says triumphantly, 'I know why you and daddy got a divorce.' 'Oh really?' the mother asks. 'Why?' http://us.mg5.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1%5f7964%5fAN1VimIAATN2TrwDsgOobjnjttU&pid=3&fid=Inbox&inline=1 'Because you got an F in sex.' --
  17. Hey all, Been lurking here for sometime while shopping for 'the one' for me, think I have found it!! A beautiful 2001 rsv with only 11k mi. only complaint is the screaming clutch..... Have read a lot of your input in the tech section and plan on some wrenching, sure I'll have lots of questions for you'll. I have ridden gold wings for years and used to the silky smooth 6 cylinder I guess, but love the looks of these ventures!!!!! I live in central Ar. on scenic hwy 7 later, yammer
  18. Well I received my F4 +2 and VERY satisfied with looks and function.One problem was as I was installing,VERY CAREFULLY,I noticed a very very small scratch just above the vent. I could not see it at all from the riders seat but off the bike and looking thru towards the sun I could see it. Well I immediadely called F4 and talked to Don. Without ANY questions he said please let me send another one immediately,I said no let me ride it first and see if it bothers me so he said OK BUT I want to discount it to you if you keep it. Well I never could see the scratch riding it so my mind started playing tricks on me and I started worrying about it and called to get him to send another.No questions asked he is sending another and paying the freight. Luckily I have a friend that rides a GL1800 and he called Don at F4 to see if he could just buy mine instead of me sending it back to F4 so Don at F4 made him a great deal on it and all has worked out great...Purpose of this is to give Kudos to a well run company with GREAT customer service.
  19. 1988 Venture Royale. Two questions: 1. The 1200 Mk I (83, 84, 85) Venture rotors. Will these fit my 1988 VR Mk II? I suspect not, but please let me know for sure. 2. Are the left and the right rotors on the Mk II (86-93) VR interchangeable? Thanks in advance. Nick Diaz Middletown, MD
  20. was hoping maybe someone could answer a couple questions i have.. on my 05 venture does anyone know how i can get rid of the kilometers on the speedo... not a big deal but i was just looking at it today while we were riding and wondered.. second, quiet often when i have the radio on i get an "rx" on the display. thought it was just loosing signal but we hooked an ipod to it today and it still did it.. any advice would be much appreciated.. thanks
  21. just had a couple questions thought maybe someone can help me out.. is there any way to eliminate the kilometers on the speedo on my 05 venture.. not really an issue but just wondering.. secondly, quiet often the radio will loose signal and have an "rx" on the display.. kind of figured it was just loosing signal but this weekend we plugged in the ipod and it did the same thing.. thank you for the advice..
  22. Hello....I didn't know where to post these couple of Questions....so I chose here. I am thinking Of selling my '86 Kaw Vulcan 750 and purchasing a 99 - '04 RSV..... I love the Smoothness and reliability of the V-4 engine.....but I hate carbs.....so what kind of issues or problems have you folks had with your carbs. Are they pretty reliable? Do they stay in sync pretty well? Are parts for Mikuni 32's easy to get parts for? What about lowering options....The seat height is a little high for me....I am 5' 6". What other problem areas are there with the RSV. I am going to purchase one of these bikes next April. Thank you for any info that you may have for me.
  23. Sorry if these questions are answered elsewhere...but I HAVE (honest!) done quite a bit of reading and not found some of them (I swear!!) 1. What percentage of replaced rear shocks are done in/out of warranty (can I see a show of hands?) I only ask because no one seems TOO pissed about having to spend 500 bucks on a hardly used machine! 2. Is there a "Remove and Replace" step-by-step description of the job anywhere on our site? (I've seen several comments regarding how much OTHER crap actually has to be removed to get at the shock....but no DEFINITIVE procedure.) 3. Of all you guys who HAVE replaced these at your own expense...what all different brands have been used? i.e. How many of you went with Works.....how many YSS.....etc. AND, are you happy with your solution...AND how much DID it cost you? 4. Last but not least.......I'm not REAL anxious to crawl under my bike and/or hoist it up on a jack before I absolutely have to...so, if I procrastinate (as I usually do on stuff like this) will I be one VERY sorry guy, stuck out in the boondocks when the thing finally goes COMPLETELY south on me (it's only leaked a couple of ounces of oil so far...but is still working not too badly.) Will I be left sitting with a wheel/tire jammed so far up under my fender that I'll have to call CAA? Thanks for as many answers as you have time for. Mike P.S. I'm out of warranty....it's an '03.....so I gotta say I'M pretty pissed that I'm spending this much money for a 'mission critical' part on a bike with only 34,000KM on it. (20Kmiles). It's not the quality I've come to expect from ANYTHING Japanese. (Toyota Camry jokes notwithstanding........cause I own one of those, too!.....but at least that was paid for by the company......and it didn't sack out my rear wheels!)
  24. Hi All I had problems getting my seals changed over. So I read up on it, it may have been here and then made a video on how I did it. If you are interested please have a look here.... PS Excuse the music and acting skills. Send me a line if you have any questions. Cheers Mirek:322:
  25. Had a few questions I was hoping someone could answer: Will any Harley touring bike mufflers work or are the Road Kings prefered? Can they be any year, I understand newer ones have a catalytic converter in them, does this affect sound or my RSVs engine? Will adding these mufflers require any engine adjustments? Are the brackets sold on the classifieds page still being made? Thank you for any assistance!!!!