Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

1. Hi, I am stuck with an engine problem. SO the problem is i purchase a 1996 Royal Star Touring XVZ1300AT with a broken conrod thinking i'd just slot another engine in. I'm in Australia so there are not a lot of wrecked bikes for parts. Then in the USA was advertised a 1999 Royal Start Touring engine and i check the VIN suitability on eBay and went ahead and ordered it at a crazy price with freight but didn't really have an option. Then it arrived and I noticed the exhaust air injectors(maybe cap off so thats OK), but the carburetor boots are much larger on this engine so the old carby would not fit. I then asked them for the VIn it came of and it turn out int a Royal Star Venture XVZ1300TF, similar, but different!! So i thought great, I'll take the boots off the old engine and just fit them, but NO, the mounting bolts pitch is much larger on the venture engine so that wont work. I'm now stuck and my questions are : Option 1 is to get the Venture carby's but I believe that the venture carburetors end up much higher and wont fit in a Touring frame and would need to filter air box changed. Option 2 swap the heads on the engines, a pain but it solves both problems and they look like they would be able to be swapped ok so anyone whos done this I'd appreciate and advise.
  2. I finally had time to do a few things to my bike and one of them was to tighten up the head bearings. Now the wobble is gone but the bike seems to wander a bit on the road. Im thinking that i tightened the nut a little too mutch. What is the best way to know just how tight the steering bearings have to be ? I had my bike on the centerstand when i adjusted mine but i gave the nut a little extra snugness and that might be where the problem lies. Any ideas ?
  3. Greetings... If you are just passing through, or staying in the area for a few days, Here's a list of some of the more OUT-OF-THE-WAY roads that you'll definately want to ride on. Some short, some long -- but all fun. If Your definition of fun is winding, twisty turns, 180 degree climbing and diving hairpins intermingled with long flat out straightaways. Once you've done the Tourist roads - The Grand Mesa, The CO Nat Monument, etc, You might want to check out these smaller shorter drives. So fire up Google maps in another tab, center on Grand Junction, and find these roads! The Debeque Cut-off, 45 1/2 rd: (about 20 miles) Runs from the I-70 Debeque exit (heading south) to hwy 65 near the town of Mesa. From there you can either go up over the Grand Mesa if you are headed further south like Delta or Montrose, or head back down to I-70 if you are headed to points west of Grand Junction. Normally clean, new pavement, lots of truck traffic during the day, but after rush minute, is usually deserted near sundown. You could also continue up Hwy 330 through Colbran then up to Vega Reservoir, or even explore the many back roads going up over or even around the Grand Mesa from there! Reeder Mesa Road: (about 20 miles) Runs from Hwy 50 in WhiteWater to Lands End then Kannah Creek rd which comes out further down Hwy 50 just before county line. A shorter very fun road, normally deserted, new pavement, very curvy climbing and diving hairpins, watch out for wild life, rocks and mud on the curves. This IS working ranch country! Hwy 141, WhiteWater to GateWay, AKA Unaweep Canyon: (about 35 Miles) Incredible Scenery, long sweeping banked curves, beware the wildlife! Some hours in the mornings and twilight, I have seen roaming gangs of deer and elk all over the road and fields. Not to mention the domesticated cattle and sheep! Lots of places to pull over and take pictures. Scattered ranches. Go to the Gateway Auto museum once you get there! Little Park Road: (about 20 miles or more depending) : Tourists that want to drive the Co Nat Monument usually go up Monument road off of broadway, pay $5 at the Government toll booth, and end up in Fruita after an hour of stop and go construction traffic. Not a lot of fun if your bike is over heating, dodging stupid tourist children and dogs running out in the road. Those of us who live here, know that telling the Government Toll Booth operator that you are heading up to Glade Park - saves you the $5, but the really adventurous bypass the toll booth altogether and go up Little Park Road to Glade Park. It begins with a long steep climb up to the 'Moon', a huge slickrock area that you can see from GJ, to DS road - The main road up on Glade Park. From there, you can turn left and head to the Glade Park store (the only one there!) for a cold beverage. From there you have a choice of 4 directions. Head east (left turn) to go to the fruita reservoirs in a 30 mile dirt road loop back to DS road, head south and explore the ranch country - You may even find "The Pot Holes" A local waterfall where we usually lose 2 or 3 drunks a year who think they are in Mexico cliff diving; Head West back to the Monument road, or north back down to GJ... East Orchard Mesa: (about 12 Miles) From 32 Rd & C 1/2 rd half way up the 32 rd bridge hill to 38 rd in Palisade. This is the 'Fun' shortcut if you are changing from I-70w to Hwy 50s. Directly off I-70w, take the 1st Palisade exit right out of Debeque canyon before you cross the river - then turn left again at the base of the Palisade bridge (hwy 6) up 38 rd. In other words - don't cross the river! It's definately NOT the fastest. It's a slow pleasent country drive through the fruit orchards and wineries. During August - you'll be lucky to make it in 3 hours with all the fruit stand stops and winery tastings! Short half mile straights with 90 degree turns that follows above the Colorado River through our most fruitful and bountiful. West Elk Loop: Hwy 92 from Hotchkiss to Blue Mesa Reservoir: (About 50 Miles) Then Hwy 50 to Gunnison, then Hwy 135 up through Crested Butte up to the Paonia State park Hwy 133 ( about 100 Miles) From there, you can either head west back to Hotchkiss, or Go east to Carbondale over the pass. Doing the entire West Elk loop from GJ is an entire day trip! Getting there is half the fun! The tourist cage traffic is almost non-existent with gas being so expensive - Lots of FREE camping areas, rest stops and some of the most incredible scenery you will ever see. The tourists head over to the Black Canyon of the Gunnison where they willingly PAY Government vacation tax - This road is basicly the NEXT Canyon over - sans tourists and taxes. If Winding mountain roads, steep passes, and little to none cage traffic, spiced up with snow covered mountains, steep deep dark canyons, breezing along a mountain creek, are your idea of Ideal motorcycle driving - You can't beat the West Elk Loop...
  4. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6CX1RNLzoE]YouTube - Empire Flooring Commercial-In Your Home[/ame] On sunday mornings when i was a kid, This was branded in my Brain forever.
  5. ok so new to me bike 97 royal star ran fine during test ride no problems get it off the trailer and here we go clutch master cylinder goes out on me on my way to school make it back home somehow coolant spewing from under my seat soooooo here are the pics doesnt look like the oil so im ruling out head gasket correct? but look at my finger and the coolant tank and cap ..... is it the water pump? do replace the whole pump or just the seal? who will be the winner? thank you in advance for your help .
  6. Who do I talk to about the temperature. Just so happen to need to flush my heater core today and we've got -1 for a high... So whoever you are.... Show yourself!!!! I was gonna scold old Flyinfool for the snow too but It looks like everyone's beaten me to that!
  7. My sons' little dodge mini van seems to have blown a head gasket. The oil is like creamy pudding. How the heck do I clean the oil system up? I know it is going to take a couple of oil changes but should I be adding a cleaner to the oil ? This van has a 3.0 liter V-6 in it.... when I went to pick up the gasket set the guy at the parts store asked me if I wanted new Head Bolts. He said the norm is to change them when doing gaskets.... they are $165 for the set. Does anyone know if I need to? This motor has about 145,000 kilometers.... about 90,000 miles Any help would be great Kevin
  8. I have 2014 Spyder, RT. 1330 engine, cognac in color, carries 2 up with ease, goes like scart rabbit. So far so good. Now the Dutch comes out in me.... after paying all that retirement cash for original purchase I cheaped out and did not add the CB intercom for about $1500. Instead I bought a JMCB 2003 with intercom for about $400. Everything worked kind of more or less fine,, well the intercom needed new cords as well to satisfy the Edset head gear, but after that addition the only problem that continued to rear it's head was the CB part,,, I could send, but didn't receive in the headset. The set showed reception and nada in the ears,,,, thought that maybe I was slowly going deaf, but my wife informed me that was not the case,,, so I have to believe her and go with it. So I have transmission, reception, but it doesn't get to the CPU on my shoulders. I had done some cutting, eliminating and reinsertion to the headset cord and thought that maybe,,, just maybe, I had screwed something in the process. I had called JM about the problem and after going through their standard questions and answers they determined that there must be something wrong and I should send the set to them for evaluation. So I was about to embark onto that part of the process this week, when I thought..... I Know!!!! thought, why not try it once more now that I have the faring off, and I can easily plug my portable into the mix to see if it may be the antenna. Well I did, and found that everything now works perfectly,,,,huh????? no matter how I hook things up,,, everything works,,,, s t r a n g e!!!
  9. I bought a set of roto covers for my MKII a while back on craigslist, but it did not include the spacer. I thought that my machniest buddy could make a new spacer for me using the origional as a sample. I want to not shorten the OEM spacer incase I want to remover the roto covers for some reason, then I'll need the origional spacer. He can make one out of aluminum. My question is, would making one out of aluminum be ok. I would think it would be but I thougth I better ask. Another question: I need to remove the front axle, so I can get the spacer out. I see the axle nut head. But I also see an allen head screw the goes in at a 90 degree to the axle. Do I need to remove the allen head screw before I attempt to remove the front axle? Or maybe better yet, does anyone have an extra front axle spacer opposite side of the speedometer. for a 91 MKII? It be a lot easier to machine shorten a spare OEM spacer the width of 2 roto plates than to make a new complete spacer.
  10. OK, so yesterday I plan to head out for a ride after church with a couple of buddies on my 98 RSTD. When I get to church I smell some gas but am unable to find any leaks. When I leave and we are heading over to fuel up I smell it again and now look down to see fuel pouring down the right side of the cases (also some on the left side but not as much). When I stop to check it out it quits when I shut the engine down. Never having seen this before I start it up and try and see what is up but can only see gas coming from what appears to be the crank case breather assembly. Of course this makes no sense so I head for the house. We stop to get something to eat and watch a little football, when I get back on the bike and head for the house I have no leak? Now I am beginning to think this must be a sticking float on one or more of the carbs, right? Need some advice first if there might be some other cause then also if I need to do a complete teardown on the carbs or will seafoam help this out? As always, thanks for the input.
  11. Once again I find the manual lacking enough info for a lowly so-so mechanic such as myself to get a job done without help. Is there anywhere on this forum that has a good description and hopefully pictures that can take me through the dismantaling process of the front cowling so I can get to the steering head bearings which I need to change. The quick fix of tightening the steering nut was not good enough to remove looseness. Bought roller bearings from Skydoc for the job. Any help would be appreciated.
  12. Calling in sick to work makes me uncomfortable. No matter how legitimate my excuse, I always get the feeling that my boss thinks I'm lying. On one recent occasion, I had a valid reason but lied anyway, because the truth was just too darned humiliating. I simply mentioned that I had sustained a head injury, and I hoped I would feel up to coming in the next day. By then, I reasoned, I could think up a doozy to explain the bandage on the top of my head. The accident occurred mainly because I had given in to my wife's wishes to adopt a cute little kitty. Initially, the new acquisition was no problem. Then one morning, I was taking my shower after breakfast when I heard my wife, Deb, call out to me from the kitchen. "Honey! The garbage disposal is dead again. Please come reset it." "You know where the button is," I protested through the shower pitter-patter and steam. "Reset it yourself!" "But I'm scared!" she persisted. "What if it starts going and sucks me in?" There was a meaningful pause and then, "C'mon, it'll only take you a second." So out I came, dripping wet and butt naked, hoping that my silent outraged nudity would make a statement about how I perceived her behavior as extremely cowardly. Sighing loudly, I squatted down and stuck my head under the sink to find the button. It is the last action I remember performing. It struck without warning, and without any respect to my circumstances. No, it wasn't the hexed disposal, drawing me into its gnashing metal teeth. It was our new kitty, who discovered the fascinating dangling objects she spied hanging between my legs. She had been poised around the corner and stalked me as I reached under the sink. And, at the precise moment when I was most vulnerable, she leapt at the toys I unwittingly offered and snagged them with her needle-like claws. I lost all rational thought to control orderly bodily movements, blindly rising at a violent rate of speed, with the full weight of a kitten hanging from my masculine region. Wild animals are sometimes faced with a "fight or flight" syndrome. Men, in this predicament, choose only the "flight" option. I know this from experience. I was fleeing straight up into the air when the sink and cabinet bluntly and forcefully impeded my ascent. The impact knocked me out cold. When I awoke, my wife and the paramedics stood over me. Now there are not many things in this life worse than finding oneself lying on the kitchen floor butt naked in front of a group of "been-there, done-that" paramedics. Even worse, having been fully briefed by my wife, the paramedics were all snorting loudly as they tried to conduct their work, all the while trying to suppress their hysterical laughter.....and not succeeding. Somehow I lived through it all. A few days later I finally made it back in to the office, where colleagues tried to coax an explanation out of me about my head injury. I kept silent, claiming it was too painful to talk about, which it was. "What's the matter?" They all asked, "Cat got your tongue?" If they only knew!
  13. Was on trip to Myrtle Beach, had a short in the stabil horn and the radio went out? Well the head works, can change channels, bands, turn up volume, turn on and off the CB and what ever but no sound comes out of the speakers or the head sets? Have checked fuses? Any suggestions?
  14. Gonna give you guys the white Christmas you all want and then thats it for the ssssnnnoooow..YOUR WELCOME NORTHEAST....Bah Humbug !!!
  15. WELL... The world didn't end yesterday. I'm shocked and saddened because I sold everything off so I could die a wealthy man
  16. All this talk about a depressed economy and yet folks are lined up two deep outside the Foot Locker store at the Sprawl of America just to get a raffle ticket to be allowed to spend $1,800.00 for a pair of Nike sneakers????????? :bang head:
  17. Without going into details....... The handlebar mounted radio/CB control box got broken off. Does anyone have an extra they would consider parting with?
  18. Looked out the window and there is this white stuff falling from the sky......"ITS THE END OF THE WORLD I TELL YA !" ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH !!
  19. At the risk of beating a dead horse for you members, I have a couple questions. First, does the fairing come off in one piece. I've removed the luggage, side trim, left and right tops off the upper, the lowers and the trim around the head light. I can see several mounting bolts, but can't determine if the head light as well as all the wiring and the instrument panel will stay with the bike. Not much room in there for my big hands to start undoing plugs etc. Second one concerns the replacing the collector. Do you have to drop the entire exhaust? Whats the secret hand shake for getting the two rear pipes into the top of the collector if you don't have to remove everything from the manifolds down?
  20. Folks, I received an email from a new member. Username roger podoll has not posted here yet. Here is the message that he sent to me. I hope you will all keep him and his boys in your prayers. haven't had much time to check your site.My wife of 36 years was killed on oct. 27. head on collision with camper.She was on her 250 helix an I was on 650KLR.Do need prayers at this time.Have a13 an 15 year old boys at home yet.very hard on them.
  21. Tomorrow (Friday) morning, Barb and I are heading on another trip. First off, we'll be heading down to south of Nashville to watch our grandson quarterback his grade school football team. (ScarryLarry---it's the weekend again, and I suppose you're busy.) We'll visit there, and then Sunday afternoon head back up to near Cairo, IL and meet our friends at their house (they ride a '12 Wing). Monday morning the 4 of us will head west. We're heading to Albuquerque by Oct. 6 so we can see the start of the Balloon Fiesta, but seeing that we have some 'extra' time, we plan on heading for Colorado Springs and doing some riding in southwest Colorado. I'd like to go up on Pike's Peak, if the weather is cooperating---I've head that they have the road completely paved now. It's been at least 15 years since we've been in this area, so maybe we'll visit Cripple Creek on the way west, and then ride over Wolf Creek Pass. After we get to Albuquerque, we're thinking of riding south and doing some site seeing there. I'd kind of like to see Roswell. Our friends have to be home by the 11th, so our route back home is still unplanned. The weather looks good now, so we should have a great trip. Frank D.
  22. Well its for sure the head gasket I pulled the head today and found a gasket that was in bad shape. The heads looked good and the cylinders look good. But I am wondering about the bearings the engine still sounded good but I have no idea of how long it had been drove this way. I did find that they had put stop leak in it so I am sure the PO new about this and thats why he traded it off, Is there a way to test the other head with out pulling it . Orlinhttp://0358/
  23. Anyone have 2 of those small plastic caps that goes over the allen head screws that holds the right Fairing Cover onto the Faring.
  24. OK your busted Miller47 shame on you for getting such a big head start on the Eureka Springs Meet & Eat and leaving us here to ride in the rain all by ourselves. Hey that scoot and trailer looked good going down the road. You two have a safe ride up and hopefully will see you there. Issac may be weakening some