Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

1. Guest

Highway 1 in California

Highway 1 "Shoreline Drive" is just an incredible road. It has everything you could want in a road. Curves with Cliffside vistas of the Pacific Ocean. Little to no traffic (occasional yellow line drifters so watch out). Small, rustic towns to visit and eat lunch. The best way to ride it, is from the North so you are next to the water. You can take side trips through the Red Wood forests. Absolutely amazing views so take several days to absorb this world class road.
  2. Anyone have any experince with the Pass. highway pegs. We're using the bike more and more for vacations and the wife would like to be able to stretch her legs a bit. Any isues with them? They look as if they would interfer with your legs if you were stopped, just standing up holding the bike? Thansk!
  3. I woke up this morning (New Years Day) and laid in bed thinking about things, and a trip that I've been thinking about took the stage. I'm sure that most of you have watched episodes of "Highway Thru Hell" on The Weather Channel------I've been thinking about riding some of these roads, but of course in July or August. Do any of you live or at least ridden around the 'Highway'? We've gotten our friends interested in this also, but he added heading up NW so we can touch the south tip of Alaska also. It'll be a long ride (we live in Illinois) but it should be beautiful. I'm also thinking about the actual route we'd take to get to and from where we cross into Canada so we can see some new things. Frank
  4. Just installed the Baggershield Santa brought for me. Basic install quick and easy as any wind-shield. The hardware was a bit confusing at first but a few minutes thought and it seemed to come together. I went with the "low profile" hardware for the look alone. I like a low shield so I will not often use the top, only with Lori on back on the highway so I don't mind using the A llen Wrench to switch it around. Now to go for a ride and see how it feels with the extra width. .
  5. Just curious how fast the motor should be running @85mph in 5th gear. Just got my bike on the highway for the first time and it turns 4000rpm @ 85 in 5th. That seems a little high to me, but then again, this is the first time I've ridden a Venture at highway speeds.
  6. Okay I searched the forum and found some good info, however I guess my question is a little different. I am 5'8'' and would llike to be able to extend my legs out from the floorboards when on the highway. As we all know the summer and highway heat can at times add to the heat off the engine. I really don't care to have the lower air deflectors added. Could anyone with some insight on this subject please comment. We have a 5 day trip to the Texas hill country scheduled at the end of September and really like to have some pegs in place by then. Thanks
  7. I broke the arm on one of my highway boards. would like to get a replacement but there are no markings on the boards. Anyone recognize the brand? Thanks!
  8. To start off. What size is the bar on a stock 85 Venture? The grips need changing. I have the stock style rubber ons on right now but was thinking of going to foam. I always ride with gloves. Insight? What works best, and bang for the buck? I was looking at highway pegs on ebay. http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Heavy-Duty-Universal-Yamaha-Chrome-Gold-Inlay-Highway-Pegs-Footpegs-1-1-1-4-/271114329183?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f1fac5c5f&vxp=mtr They look really cool. Anyone have experience good or bad? Of course the price is right. Thanks Brad
  9. Has anyone tried these passenger highway foot boards? http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/detail.cfm?model_ID=42&Category_ID=6&manufacturer_ID=167&product_ID=3515 I just ordered a set for my RSV in hopes of solving the problem they mention, "Eliminate the whine from your passenger seat". They won't ship until the 18th of August so I won't know how good they are until then. I was just curious to know if anyone else has tried these.
  10. I am planning a 'sickle trip for next summer. We plan to ride from Illinois to Niagara area then to Adirondacks, Vermont, Quebec, Maine, New Brunswick, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New Jersey, Delaware, Pennsylvania, etc. and back home. About 3500 miles. We plan to camp every night except if it is raining or very cold, then Mom and Pop motels are preferred. I have obtained state highway maps from all the states we will be riding through except for New York. I've spent considerable time online trying to get an official state highway map from New York, but the links to "obtain a state highway map" return a 404 error. I sent away to the "I Love New York, Division of Tourism" in Albany via snail mail, but the letter returned as "not deliverable as addressed" even though that address was on their website. Researching the New York governmental website was a waste of time; kept referring me to same dead link. Registered with the I Love Yew York website and requested travel information, thinking that New York, like all the other states I had requested tourism information, would send along a state highway map, but no. I received a fifty page glossy travel guide, with nary a map. So my question/favor to those New York residents: would you obtain a New York state highway/road map and mail it to me? Does NY offer free road maps at their border Welcome Centers? Does New York have Welcome Centers? Thanks.
  11. Not much to say other than I have put 200 miles on my bike this morning riding laps up and down highway 41 & 26. Nice to ride roads that actually require shifting.
  12. I have an '07 Venture, 25k miles, stock engine/exhaust setup, carbs settings have never been modified (except being balanced a couple of years ago). A few days ago I changed the spark plugs and replaced the air filters for the first time. Instead of installing paper filters, I installed K&N filters. After putting the bike back together and taking it for a test ride, I noticed a (somewhat negative) performance difference. When accelerating through gears 1-4, or if I cruise around 40 MPH in 4th gear, there is an occasional sag. Overall, the bike still accelerates well, but the sag is more prevalent when holding a steady speed. Highway performance is good; cruising at highway speeds is smooth, and passing is no problem. Also, when decelerating, there is more popping, and an occasional backfire (when decelerating from highway speeds). The bike has never backfired before. Mileage is still around 40 MPG (I rode over 600 miles since the plugs/filters were changed). I thought the K&N filters were a direct replacement and no carb mods would need to have been made. Has anyone experienced this before? I still have the paper filters, and when I make time, I will put those back in and see if the performance goes back to the way it was. Any other suggestions on what I could check? Thanks!
  13. Hi all, I lost the right highway peg off my 89. Anybody have one of these that you want to part with ?
  14. Hi folks, I have a 97 Tour Deluxe. I am looking for a decent and affordable highway bar soloution. The ones on my bike are real small and don't look like they are set up well for a set of pegs. Any Ideas? Just looking to be able to get comfy on the longer rides. Speaking of which, anyone had any luck with some kind of a seat cushion? My rear does not seam to be able to hang in there like it used too...
  15. Well I finally got her back together, certified and registered (new plate) and got her out for the shakedown ride this evening. I was like a little kid...so exited, I was about three click from home when I realized I didn't have the mirrors installed. Back home I went..got em on and back out again. Only two concerns; 1) a slight miss but I know I'll have to sync the carbs (new diaphragms installed). 2) she was wandering very slightly at highway speeds and I'm wondering if I need to tweak the air pressure in my new Kenda Kruz's. When I got home I was checking her over and found that the fork brace was only finger tight (DOH!!!) so that's likely the problem there? I'll find out tomorrow on the way to work. Will try to post pics tomorrow. Heroes Highway ride Saturday...woohoo!
  16. Went on a ride today. Hoped to get in maybe 400 miles. After about 100 miles I started to get a backfile at idle when I would slow down into small towns, then it got progressively worse.. Zero power at idle, in order to take off from a stop you have to rev it to 2000 rpm. turned around to head home. It has power and feels right at highway speeds, by the time I got home, it was kicking in and out at highway speed and I'm getting surging as if a cyl is working, not working, working, not working.... At idle, it's popping like crazy and idling very poorly. Am I losing a coil? or is it the Ignition computer that needs some TLC? 83 std, well maintained, I do not have any ground wire upgrades. It does start a bit hard when hot.
  17. Almost, but not quite! Yesterday my wife and I were on our way back from seeing her sister who lives about a 100 miles away. We were easing along at about 60 mph on a 4 lane highway in the left lane. Traffic was moving along at a good pace when we came up to pass a slower truck in the right lane. Now get this, the road had a right curve as we were about to pass the truck. Up ahead on the right shoulder of the road was a GA State Patrol car with his blue lights flashing. About 1/4 way through this turn, the truck in the right lane all of a sudden whips into my lane with me. I shut down on the horn as I'm just behind his door and try to keep him from hitting us by moving to the outside of the lane. As I looked back ahead I suddenly realized I wasn't going to make the turn. The pavement dropped out from under me and I thought, This it going to be bad!! I hollered to my wife to hold on. I didn't know what was in the bottom of the medium so I tried to hold it as close to the highway as I could. As luck would have it , there were no washouts in that section of shoulder and I was able to get stopped without losing it. I got stopped about 2 car lengths in front of the GSP on the opposite side of the road. MY wife and I sat there and just shook for a few minutes before trying to get back onto the highway. What did the GSP do???? NOTHING!!! He just sat in his car. I figured even if he didn't see what had happened he would have come over and given me a sobriety test!! The guy in the pickup slowed down but didn't stop. My wife said that was the scaredest she had ever been as long as we've been riding!! Jennie told me later that the pickup driver never stopped coming into our lane. It always happens when you least expect it!!!! I sure am thankful it didn't turn out like it could have!! This one took our breaths away!!!
  18. need help finding a good high peg for a 2010 rsv . when I search not much comes up. I am sure I am doing soming wrong. 30# inseam thanks
  19. First let me say that I just renewed my membership for another year! This is an awesome place to stay for a while. Matter of fact every morning before work I see what's new. Wednesday the local Victory dealer had their demo days and I went down to try them out over lunch. Nice day and as busy as I have been at work; I needed a break. I know I will get blasted but since I first laid eyes on the Victory Vision; I wanted that bike. I have heard them all from it's Fugly to George Jetson and of course it's not a Harley. I will also tell you being an Iowa boy and these being assembled in Iowa is a good thing. Can't wait for Indian's to be built here as well. Test ride was 16 mile course of city, highway and interstate riding. What I liked about the bike: 1) Well balanced-Was easy to ride in the parking lot to the highway and intestate. 2) Adjustable Windshield-AWESOME where ever you wanted. 3) Comfortable-Seat was good. Able to stretch out with the floorboards. Wife did not ride with me but bike felt roomy 4) Highway and interstate riding-Bike was really smooth and made for touring. Dislikes 1) Vibration especially in town. I know V4 to V twin. 2) Transmission-Every where I read the tranny was improved A buddy that owes one agreed that it was. Still alot of grinding and clunking noises to me. 3) Engine-Slow response and sluggish. I did have the bike up to 90 on the interstate but seemed sluggish. Same buddy agreed with me compared to his 09. My 06 RSV I crank the throttle and off we go. Did not get that with the Vision. 4) Wind buffeting-Got caught behind a semi and I will tell you that it got real wobbly to the point I slowed down and got back in line. Was riding with a group and we got seperated and was trying to catch up. At that time I was doing 70 mph. Was able to catch up to the group a few minutes later when I got it up to 90. Biggest disappointment was the engine and transmission. I would tell Victory to keep working and I will stay with my RSV for a LONG TIME!
  20. Hauled a load last week from Pasco,Wa. to Grass Valley,Ca.... I ran 395 70 49 and 89 to the top of Donner Pass in Truckee... Then ran I80 to Highway 20 down the hill into Grass Valley... It would have been way better on the bike,but that stretch of 20 was real cool.... I was on it at 5pm local time and quite a bit of traffic...
  21. Linda and I decided to take off Tuesday morning without a particular destination for a day or so. After going thru Pigeon Forge for lunch and then down the the Foothills Parkway to 129, this seemed like a good time to show Linda the Dragon as she was wearing my 2nd Vogal Tail of the Dragon t shirt. After a visit at Deal's gap, we continued down 129 then turned north to pick up another mountain road that took us to Robbinsville, NC. Whenever we turned left on the 45mph highway, in a mile or so we had a silver Toyota pickup right on us. In a couple of miles we were turning right and you got it, he turned right behind us. Since we had several hundred feet of straight road in front of us, I slowed to about 15mph and motioned him around. After waving my arm several times, he finally came around and as soon as he was beside me he ran me to the very edge of the road and gave me the finger out the back window. He then took off and after getting a hundred or so feet in front of me, he slams his brakes on. I just slowed down and he finally went on. I really wish I had gotten his tag number as several miles up this narrow two lane road we met a NC Highway Patrolman. It was a bit disconcerting not knowing if we were going to encounter this moron again. I have absolutely no idea what got into him as I was just trying to be nice in slowing down and motioning him around me on a road I had never been on before. RandyA
  22. If you are looking for more comfort for your passenger check this out. I recently installed a pair of Kuryakyn highway pegs for the passenger on my Goldwing. My wife has now ridden with them a couple of times and she said they do make the ride more comfortable and they allow her to move her feet around. They don't get in my way at all and when not in use they just fold flat against the side cover and they add more chrome. Here are some photos. Dennis
  23. The left side highway foot rest is loose. The allen screws are tight, but cant get enough squeeze on the bar. Any ideas what I can use as a shim to allow the screws to pull the clamp together tighter on the bar? Thanks for the help. Bret
  24. We just got our Royal Star Venture (what do I call it, a Venture? An RSV?) and we're both noticing WOW it's HOT on the feet. He has highway pegs so he's fine but I'm wondering if anyone has any solution for the passenger??? I really cannot STAND hot feet and would love passenger highway pegs - are there such a thing? I know you can get passenger foot rests to give you different positions from Diamond but is there anything I can get that puts them out into the wind? Thanks!!!
  25. I am new to the venture world and am curious on what to expact as far as gas mileage. Around town i pretty much follow the speed limit but on the highway I sometimes get up to 80 or 85