Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

Found 9 results

1. A few of the guys riding up to Beartooth pass with me Left to Right...Shamue,KBran,Me,CaptainJoe and Bubber. Old Faithful of course and a shot or two going up Beartooth pass
  2. Yes Beartooth pass officially opened all the way across last Monday. My wife, her sister & brother in law from Rome, Georgia and I rode across. Beautiful and cold. 33 degrees at the top with probably a 20mph wind. here are a couple of pictures. Norm
  3. Bearthooth: when we where planning this Kalispel trip I bought a scenic by ways book. The first thing it said about the beartooth was this hwy is not for the faint of heart! This was a correct statement but what fun! Out of all the byways we traveled over the years this has been in the top 5. The road was real bumpie so the video is shaky. I hope you enjoy, and if Yellowstone is in your plans this is a must road. Hwy 212 out of the north east side of Yellowstone. http://www.photoshow.com/watch/Gx3pK6YR Phill
  4. Just finished a 1250 mile trip over the Beartooth pass, through Yellowstone, down to Jackson Hole then through Wind River Canyon, over the Beartooth pass and back to Roberts, Montana. I hardly knew the trailer was behind the bike ! We encountered rain, wind, sleet and snow, never once did I feel uncomfortable about the trailer being behind me. I did have several encounters with the wild life of the area. First we hit a groundhog that ran into our path on the way up Beartooth, BUMP, no chance to avoid it. Then 4 days later we hit a Deer that darted out of the bush on US 212 just north of Red Lodge! Buckled my front fender and the turn signal trim ring and visor are now the property of a Montana ditch. We were only going about 10 mph at impact so I was able to swerve and only hit it's rear hoof. Kept the bike up,but , I do have a head injury from the wife slapping the back of my helmet repeatedly, Lol . If it were not for the increased stopping distance caused by the additional weight of the trailer we would have missed it completely. Yes the deer is fine. Can't wait for the next trip.
  5. My wife and I went over the Beartooth Pass Laborday weekend. It was closed the Thursday before because of snow but beautiful on Saturday. I've attached a few pictures in case someone is wondering if they should go to Cody next year. Very pretty area.
  6. Rode the Beartooth yesterday with wife on back and two Terriers in my modified Unigo trailer. What a great ride, was so much fun I rode it again in the opposite direction today. Being from the east I thought the Blue ridge and Deals gap were neat but you just have to ride the Beartooth. The bike ran a little rich above 9000 feet but there was never any power issue. When I rode it today i left wife and the mutts back at the RV and used some of the extra rubber on the sides of my tires. Unlike Deals gap, one can ride as foolishly as one wishes, remembering that your first error will likely be your last. It's a great ride and suggest that anyone who hasn't done it but it on there Bucket list
  7. It just goes to show that when it comes to motorcycles....there is no generation gap! Here's a pix of the youngest Cody rider and the oldest having a good time talkin' chrome on top of Beartooth Pass! (I'm not even gonna mention the rest of you that tried to teach him your bad habits!!! )
  8. This July, our Star Chapter from Salt Lake City, Utah is headed to Star Days. During this trip, we'll be riding the Beartooth and Chief Joseph Highways in Wyoming and Montana. Somehow, before I began planning this trip, I had never heard much about these highways. Now, after doing some research I'm thinking ... where have I been? How have I not heard about these rides? From what I have read on-line so far, The Beartooth is like riding in the mountains of Switzerland. Charles Kerault (the late CBS news reporter), declared the Beartooth "America's most beautiful highway". Along with the Beartooth, I have been reading about the connecting Chief Joseph Highway. It also looks totally amazing. I can't wait! So, I would really enjoy hearing about anyone here who has ridden these roads and anyone who might also be making this trip in July. In the meantime ... think warm thoughts,and let's hope for an early spring! Thanks! Pete.
  9. One of the best bike roads around this part of the country is US-212 from Red Lodge, MT over Beartooth Pass to Cooke City, MT. On a scale of 1 to 10, Beartooth Pass is a 9! Cooke City is only 3 miles from the northeast entrance to Yellowstone National Park. Another great ride is from Cooke City, MT to Cody, WY via US-212 and WY-296 to WY-120. WY-296 is known as the Chief Joseph Highway. This is another gorgeous drive. On a scale of 1 to 10, Chief Joseph Highway is a 7-8!