Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

1. OK so I have 3 (probably simple) questions about doing an upgrade to R6 front brakes with stainless lines; I am also going to delink the system. I am going to order the calipers tomorrow. #1 As for the master cylinder will my current one work (IE is mine a 14mm or a 5/8)? #2 When I remove a line from the rear master cylinder what port will I use for the new brake and what port will I block off? And what kind of bolt do I use to block that port off? #3 For the front lines is a V-Max splitter necessary to use or can I use something like this https://www.denniskirk.com/russell/brake-line-fitting-male-3-t-junction-r4298c.p191349.prd/191349.sku OR just run a double banjo bolt and 2 seperate lines from the master to the calipers? I looked and could not find a clear answer to my question, and I know they are probably simple to answer. Thanks ahead of time everyone! And yes I know I said I have 3 questions and there was closer to 4
  2. Stopped in at my local Caribou Coffee shop this morning to pick up a cup. They have a daily trivia question. Answer it correctly and you get 10% off. Todays question is: What is Ethiopia's main commercial export crop? Don't know if anyone goes to Caribou Coffee or if they have the same trivia contest. But, if you do, and they do, believe me the answer IS NOT political refugees. Not sure if I will ever be welcome back in their shop.....
  3. Anyone had any luck with the mechanic sites that want money up front before answering questions? I don't like using credit card without something I'm sure will work. Give me wrong answer and charge me anyway??
  4. Computer still acting up. Getting out the door in couple hrs to go look for new system. Any Recommendations??Think we are going with New Dell. It was good for 8 yrs. I guess thats almost as old as I am for a computer. Goiung to Sam's, Staples, Best Buy and what ever and look today. And Kat I couldn't answer message Warden won't look at Refurb. Bad experience with Tom Tom she can't get over. Warden can get into Club site and a few things but can't access most. Can't answer messages. Weird. Just lets me do what it wants when it wants. And she is going to put this one in garage??? I got BIG TOOLS out there....
  5. Has anyone tried or knows if diaphrams SD1 & SD10 are identical or interchangeable? read thru all posts in search and couldn't find a definative answer before I order a set. Edited to add, I can get an SD10 set now, whereas the SD1 is on back order.
  6. I had noticed it before and could not find it in the owners' manual or the service manual (maybe I just missed it) and it really didn't bother me much until my Dad asked me what it was and I didn't have an answer... http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk208/eric_1964/venture-part.jpg
  7. Here's the intro and I'm sure I'll post often. I ride a 1998 Royal Star "TBM" (Thee Blaque Mistress) that just cracked 10K a few weeks ago. Best bike I've owned out of 6. Google Searched for a Royal Star Forum and this was one of the top ones. Popped on, registered and found the answer to the 3 questions I had in minutes... Mainly how to remove the tank to replace the air filter. So...plunked down my $12 and became a supporter. Thanks for the informative site and see ya around. Keith
  8. I have a Dell 4600 series desktop computer with dual Dell E171FPB 17" monitors. I've done some research but can't find the answer to this question......"can I put my monitors to sleep from my wireless Dell keyboard?"
  9. As of 1 jan. 2012, i am finally retired. People ask me; what are you going to do? My answer, Anything I want to. :cool10::dancefool::big-grin-emoticon::big-grin-emoticon:
  10. set in on us Northerners, I was sent a quiz for seniors. I got a really not good score but 1. Johnny's mother had three children. The first child was named April. The second child was named May. What was the third child's name? 2. There is a clerk at the butcher shop, he is five feet ten inches tall and he wears size 13 sneakers. What does he weigh? 3. Before Mt. Everest was discovered, what was the highest mountain in the world? 4. How much dirt is there in a hole that measures two feet by three feet by four feet? 5. What word in the English Language is always spelled incorrectly? 6. Billy was born on December 28th, yet his birthday is always in the summer. How is this possible? 7. In California, you cannot take a picture of a man with a wooden leg. Why not? 8. What was the President's Name in 1975? 9. If you were running a race, and you passed the person in 2nd place, what place would you be in now? 10. Which is correct to say, "The yolk of the egg are white" or "The yolk of the egg is white"? 11. If a farmer has 5 haystacks in one field and 4 haystacks in the other field, how many haystacks would he have if he combined them all in another field? Here are the Answers 1. Johnny's mother had three children. The first child was named April. The second child was named May. What was the third child's name? Answer: Johnny of course 2. There is a clerk at the butcher shop, he is five feet ten inches tall, and he wears size 13 sneakers. What does he weigh? Answer: Meat. 3. Before Mt. Everest was discovered, what was the highest mountain in the world? Answer: Mt. Everest; it just wasn't discovered yet. [You're not very good at this are you?] 4. How much dirt is there in a hole that measures two feet by three feet by four feet? Answer: There is no dirt in a hole. 5. What word in the English Language is always spelled incorrectly? Answer: Incorrectly 6. Billy was born on December 28th, yet her birthday is always in the summer. How is this possible? Answer: Billy lives in the Southern Hemisphere 7. In California, you cannot take a picture of a man with a wooden leg. Why not? Answer: You can't take pictures with a wooden leg. You need a camera to take pictures. 8. What was the President's Name in 1975? Answer: Same as is it now - Barack Obama [Oh, come on ...] 9. If you were running a race, and you passed the person in 2nd place, what place would you be in now? Answer: You would be in 2nd. Well, you passed the person in second place, not first. 10. Which is correct to say, "The yolk of the egg are white" or "The yolk of the egg is white"? Answer: Neither, the yolk of the egg is yellow [Duh] 11. If a farmer has 5 haystacks in one field and 4 haystacks in the other field, how many haystacks would he have if he combined them all in another field? Answer: One. If he combines all of his haystacks, they all become one big stack. You can go back to sleep now ...
  11. On Dunlop's website they list the 404 as good for the 99-10 Royal Star Venture, but it is not listed for the 08 RSTD, so I asked then why I got this back as an answer. "Good morning Mike, Thank you for taking the time to contact Dunlop Motorcycle & ATV. The D404 original equipment tire is different from the after-market tire. The D404 original equipment tire is belted, the D404 after-market is not. The Elite 3 tires are belted and have a heavier load-carrying capacity" Really didn't answer My question but is it just me or does this make sense to anyone . A friend put 404's on his 06 and has no problem at all .. Maybe Im over thinking it ?
  12. Anyone knows the where abouts of skydoc_17. I've sent 2 pm's requesting information on the fuse kit and progressive springs but no answer.
  13. this week our employer had a new "team buillding" exercise. we divided into 5 groups to answer trivia questions... as we came to the end, my team was tied with one other for first place! the bonus question: "Where to women have the most curly hair?" I was first to ring the bell, called upon then shouted the answer! Anxiously awaited a positive response..... well -- apparently the correct answer was Africa... we lost..
  14. I've had a J&M Elite headset on the shelf for some time. Got a new helmet yesterday and thought I would use it. Had some questions so I E-mailed them about noon today. Got a answer already. Haven't cure my problem yet but was really impressed that I got answer on Sat. that quick. Now to see how they treat me on fixing problem.
  15. Got my used Khromewerks in the mail yesterday. Instalation was way easier than I thought. They look great and sound even better!!! Got to take the wife for a quick spin this evening and was given the...they aren't TOO loud answer so all is good!!! Can you see me now? Maybe not but you can sure hear me!!!!
  16. Just wondering if I posted this subject in the wrong forum, since there have been no replies to it, so I will repost it in this section. I'm still interested if someone has the answer. I PM'ed Condor about a spark related issue and I posed the question to him as to why it is necessary to have a resistor sparkplug cap and a resistor sparkplug. Answer me this question, aren't resistor plugs primarily used to supress electric pulses from interfering with a radio? Yes ,Ventures do have a radio, but isn't the primary reason for owning a motorcycle to ride it and not listen to the c@#p on a radio. Any comments, suggestions, and/or helpful advice? Condor mentioned that he thought that VGoose had posted on this subject at one time. Soooo..... Thanks all
  17. I have a 2005 RSTD and have been searching everywhere, and probably found the answer, but I am one that needs the answer in plain site.. What is the size of the oil drain plug washer (or gasket as I have seen listed in various parts manuals)? I don't need one right away but would like to keep a few on hand just in case.. Thanks, Robert C.
  18. When is a good time for the fuel pump to fail? Answer 1: Never Answer 2: While at the dealership with warranty in force, pump on the parts shelf, and a waiting mechanic. Answer 3: While idling in the garage before heading out for a ride. I'll take answer number 3. I was just going to take a nice little ride past Devil's tower. Checked tire pressures, cleaned windshield, started the bike and let her idle while I called the wife, (she was in town with the grand-kids), when I heard the idle RPM fall off substantially and then the engine died. Ended the phone call and went to see what was wrong with our ever reliable RSV. The bike would just barely start with full choke...hmmm, not good. Further troubleshooting revealed an intermittent fuel pump. Thanks to this website and the many helpful and knowledgeable folks here, my wife, (remember she was in town with the grand-kids), is now on her way home with a Mr Gasket #42S fuel pump and fittings. So, God willing, we'll have a new fuel pump on the RSV later tonight! I'd like to say a special thanks to Ponch for his 9/2/09 post with photos of the Mr Gasket fuel pump and fittings. Your photos made it very easy to explain to my wife and auto-parts guy exactly what was needed. I disassembled the electrical side of the RSV fuel pump. These things use plunger activated contacts to energize the two solenoid coils that move the plunger, (armature), that pumps the fuel. The contacts on my pump are shot and no amount of cleaning has made the pump reliable. After examining the stock fuel pump, I would say that these things ought to be replaced at 35,000 to 40,000 miles to ensure reliable operation. Our bike has 43,920 miles. Chalk up another save to Ventureider.com!
  19. Question for those of you using our know about this headset. I just got it in the mail and its charging but got a couple of questions. 1. Can the rider and passenger have their headsets paired to different phones? That way she can answer her phone and I can answer mine, but more importantly, when shes on her own bike with our without me along, I'm hoping it can be paired to her own phone. 2. Anyone using a Captivate phone with this set? Are you able to get your navigation over BT from the Captivate? I really dont want to spend $500 on aZumo if I can just use my phone... 3. Any other recommendations before we get started using them? Thanks! Mike
  20. Newfies are the Brightest A company was looking to hire someone for an important position so they interviewed dozens of applicants and narrowed their search down to three people from different parts of Canada . In an attempt to pick one of them, they decided to give them all the same question to answer within 24 hours, and the one with the best answer would get the job. The question was: A man and a woman are in bed, nude. The woman is lying on her side with her back facing the man, and the man is lying on his side facing the woman's back. What is the man's name? After the 24 hours was up... the three were brought in to give their answers. The first from Saskatchewan , says, "My answer is... there is no answer." The second, from Alberta , says, "My answer is... that there is no way to determine the answer with the information we were given. The third one from Newfoundland says, "I'm not exactly sure, but... I have it narrowed down to two names. It's either: Willie Turner or Willie Nailer." The Newfoundlander got the job.
  21. Does anyone have a suggestion for making the tank cover not pop out of the front holder on a 1st gen? This has happened a few times and it is a little distracting when it does this. It only does it around 90+ mph. I will help those that have the obvious answer, stay within the speed limit. I know that one, but it cuts into the fun factor. Gary
  22. Or does it seem that nobody bothers to answer their phones anymore? I'm not talking about my friends or relatives either. However some of them don't like to answer their phones either. I'm talking about businesses, employers, etc.. Just to name a couple, I've been trying to reach a guy who contacted me via email about a lab tech. job and he never answers his phone. I keep leaving messages but he doesn't call back. Last summer I had applied for another job not to far from home that payed well. The woman who was in charge of setting up new employee start dates called me but called the wrong number. I got her message about setting up a my start date about 5 days later. I called her asap but she wouldn't return my calls. I got a hold of the main office to explain what happened and I was told I didn't pass their physical. I asked what par of the physical I didn't pass and I was told that the people who performed the physical didn't supply that information. Which sounded fishy seeing as how the message was to discuss my start date. There has been more than one time when I was looking for some goodies of some sort during normal business hours and they didn't answer the phone, I simply left a message that seeing as how there was nobody to answer the phone, I was going to take my business elsewhere. The last tie I was looking for a dentist, I made about 4 calls to different dentists until I got to one that was actually open or bothered to answer the phone. Now I know people get busy or have other issues arise, but it seems to be happening more and more. Ok, ok, enough ranting.I just needed to vent a bit. I've just been looking for a better job and it doesn't seem as though I'm being taken very seriously. I'm glad riding season is almost here! Bill,
  23. Looking at a rear fender luggage rack. It says it is for the 96-2000 model. Anyone know if it will fit the 2007 model. Part # is STRIDB512000 Thanks Tom Mr Moderator Sorry for the double post, I just need a quick answer. I will delete as soon as possible I can get an answer. Thanks:big-grin-emoticon:
  24. These are common sense questions with common sense answers. Take your time and think and you should get them right. Answers at bottom 1. Why are 2009 dollar bills worth more than 2008 dollar bills? http://us.mg1.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1%5f315151%5fAGfGjkQAAF08TROI%2fASqCjV5cPI&pid=2&fid=Inbox&inline=1 2. Johnny's mother had three children. The first child was named April. The second child was named May. What was the third child's name? http://us.mg1.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1%5f315151%5fAGfGjkQAAF08TROI%2fASqCjV5cPI&pid=3&fid=Inbox&inline=1 3. There is a clerk at the butcher shop, he is five feet ten inches tall and he wears size 13 sneakers. What does he weigh? http://us.mg1.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1%5f315151%5fAGfGjkQAAF08TROI%2fASqCjV5cPI&pid=4&fid=Inbox&inline=1 4. Before Mt. Everest was discovered, what was the highest mountain in the world? http://us.mg1.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1%5f315151%5fAGfGjkQAAF08TROI%2fASqCjV5cPI&pid=5&fid=Inbox&inline=1 5. How much dirt is there in a hole that measures two feet by three feet by four feet? http://us.mg1.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1%5f315151%5fAGfGjkQAAF08TROI%2fASqCjV5cPI&pid=6&fid=Inbox&inline=1 6. What word in the English Language is always spelled incorrectly? http://us.mg1.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1%5f315151%5fAGfGjkQAAF08TROI%2fASqCjV5cPI&pid=7&fid=Inbox&inline=1 7. Billy was born on December 28th, yet his birthday is always in the summer. How is this possible? http://us.mg1.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1%5f315151%5fAGfGjkQAAF08TROI%2fASqCjV5cPI&pid=8&fid=Inbox&inline=1 8. In California, you cannot take a picture of a man with a wooden leg. Why not? http://us.mg1.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1%5f315151%5fAGfGjkQAAF08TROI%2fASqCjV5cPI&pid=9&fid=Inbox&inline=1 9. If you were running a race, and you passed the person in 2nd place, what place would you be in now? http://us.mg1.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1%5f315151%5fAGfGjkQAAF08TROI%2fASqCjV5cPI&pid=11&fid=Inbox&inline=1 10. Which is correct to say, "The yolk of the egg are white" or "The yolk of the egg is white"? http://us.mg1.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1%5f315151%5fAGfGjkQAAF08TROI%2fASqCjV5cPI&pid=12&fid=Inbox&inline=1 11. If a farmer has 5 haystacks in one field and 4 haystacks in the other field, how many haystacks would he have if he combined them all in another field? http://us.mg1.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1%5f315151%5fAGfGjkQAAF08TROI%2fASqCjV5cPI&pid=13&fid=Inbox&inline=1 http://us.mg1.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1%5f315151%5fAGfGjkQAAF08TROI%2fASqCjV5cPI&pid=14&fid=Inbox&inline=1 Here are the Answers http://us.mg1.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1%5f315151%5fAGfGjkQAAF08TROI%2fASqCjV5cPI&pid=15&fid=Inbox&inline=1 1. Why are 2009 dollar bills worth more than 2008 dollar bills? Answer: ‘2009 dollars’ is one dollar more than ‘2008 dollars’. 2. Johnny's mother had three children. The first child was named April. The second child was named May. What was the third child's name? Answer: Johnny of course 3. There is a clerk at the butcher shop, he is five feet ten inches tall, and he wears size 13 sneakers. What does he weigh? Answer: Meat. 4. Before Mt. Everest was discovered, what was the highest mountain in the world? Answer: Mt. Everest; it just wasn't discovered yet. 5. How much dirt is there in a hole that measures two feet by three feet by four feet? Answer: There is no dirt in a hole. 6. What word in the English Language is always spelled incorrectly? Answer: Incorrectly 7. Billy was born on December 28th, yet her birthday is always in the summer. How is this possible? Answer: Billy lives in the Southern Hemisphere 8. In California, you cannot take a picture of a man with a wooden leg. Why not? Answer: You can't take pictures with a wooden leg. You need a camera to take pictures. 9. If you were running a race, and you passed the person in 2nd place, what place would you be in now? Answer: You would be in 2nd. Well, you passed the person in second place, not first. 10. Which is correct to say, "The yolk of the egg are white" or "The yolk of the egg is white"? Answer: Neither, the yolk of the egg is yellow 11. If a farmer has 5 haystacks in one field and 4 haystacks in the other field, how many haystacks would he have if he combined them all in another field? Answer: One. If he combines all of his haystacks, they all become one big stack
  25. Havent seen a post from him in some time, sent him a pm, but no answer...............hope everything is ok......you know how he can be..........