Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

Found 24 results

1. This is a good time, draws a lot of motorcycles and is FREE!!!!!!!! Mt. View Ar. is a neat old town, the square is closed for mc only, the bike games are a hoot to watch and lots of vendors. There will be local musicians playing at different spots in the evenings, and a band playing Sat. nite. We saw them last year and they are pretty good. This is not a very big town and rooms are going fast. August 17-19 Here is a link, from the home page click on vendors.....pic of a nice RSV yammer 2k1 http://www.mountainsmusicmotorcycles.com/?page_id=273
  2. hi. i need to replace my stator. there are so many vendors on ebay. which ones have you used? thanks.
  3. I know that good vendors change all the time. Where is the best online store for buying tires nowdays? It used to be Southwest Moto Tire in Arizona. Is there anyone better?
  4. Having visited Boquillas Canyon, I found this interesting. U.S. Proposes Unmanned Border Entry With Mexico I'm not sure what the impact will be, besides making this spot less desirable to visit. Already you can't visit the canyon without being harassed by vendors. On the other hand, it would be a pretty good spot to start the Ironbutt Border-to-Border Insanity, if it is a vehicle crossing. Dave
  5. NEW DATES ANNOUNCED! Nov. 12, 2011 AND Jan. 14, Mar 10, May 12, 2012 MARK YOUR CALENDARS! DOWNTOWN FORT MYERS BIKE NIGHT FEATURES: LIVE BANDS ON 3 STAGES FOOD, BEER AND MERCHANDISE VENDORS ALL BIKES WELCOME! FOR VENDOR OR EVENT INFO PLEASE CONTACT US! http://www.downtownfortmyersbikenight.com/ftmyers-bikenight-photo.gif
  6. Time to seek your input again. As most of you have noticed by now, I have created a classifieds area within the forum. One of the reasons for this is that our supporting members such as Sky_Doc, Rick Butler, Carbon_One, etc. were constantly having problems with their ads expiring in the old system. There is no way to make ads there permanent so those vendors who have multiple items for sale over a long period were always having to re-create their ads once they went away. I worked on that problem for some time but just didn't get it to work correctly. So, I decided to test the classifieds in the forum. The downside to having them in the forum is that they are now set to expire in 60 days except for our member vendors. In all other areas, the ads expire in 60 days and you do not have an option to renew them and you will not receive a notification that your ad is about to expire. There is also no way to do auctions for St. Judes or otherwise. So, my question is, which do you prefer? Do you like the old classifieds better or the new forum based ones? If you like the forum based ads then I have to assume that you are OK with the limitations regarding no renewals and etc. At this time, I have turned off the old ads so that no new ones can be placed but I can easily just turn it back on. As for the member vendors, one option would be to let them keep their forum areas but have all other ads placed in the old system. I don't want two complete systems however. I don't think....heck...that is another option though and it's really up to you. As always, your feedback will be appreciated.
  7. Thinking of getting them. Is there any drilling reqired to install them? Installation says "easy" Also, anyone attending Star Days in Middleton? I will be there Tuesday. Are there many Vendors? Not many were listed. I am looking to get my ride LEDafied......
  8. I can't remember how to find the MEMBER vendors....carbon one, freebird, etc. Directions please??? thanks
  9. OK folks, it has come to my attention that the area that I created in the classifieds for our member vendors may not have been a good idea. I created that area to make it easy to find our members who also offer us some pretty nice products at good prices. I am now hearing though that it is making their products harder to find. For example, if you didn't KNOW that Rick Butler offers seat mods for motorcycles, it would be hard to find it. You would have to open Member Vendors and then click on Rick Butler to even find out what he offers our members. So, should I get rid of that area and just move the ads back to their respective categories?
  10. Thought I might share this information - this was sent to me by a friend who sponsors a good size rally here in Northern California - Big Bike Weekend. Seems this vendor may travel around. Look out for "bad" motorcycle merchandise vendors. During this year's BBW event an attendee purchased a helmet from Sports Equipment Extreme (vendor's name was Mark Raynes from San Dimas). The attendee never got his helmet and the business card and contact information isn't good. Sports Equipment Extreme also vended at the Golden Aspen Motorcycle Rally in New Mexico and they are having the same issues.
  11. Wing Ding starts on July 1st in Des Moines. I know it is for Goldwings but with all the bikes and vendors someone from this forum might be interested in attending.
  12. George and I, along with a couple of guys George works with (they ride Harleys) went to Myrtle Beach this weekend. What a fun weekend! :happy65: We left out Friday evening after work and had a beautiful ride down there! After hotel hopping for a good deal on rooms, we ended up staying at the Sandy Beach Resort with a suite of three bedrooms, two baths, jazucci, full kitchen, living room and even a washer/dryer. And, an oceanfront view! Wow!!! It is definitely on our list of a place to stay next time we are down there! It was such a treat to wake up to the sound of ocean waves and a beautiful sunrise over the water. After a hunt on the beach for sea shells, it was time to go. George was ready to ride! Saturday morning was late breakfast at Tar Baby's which has a large variety of buffet items. It was a beautiful 30 minute ride from the hotel there. Next was checking out the various vendors. First stop was at the Myrtle Beach Mall (where Bass Pro Shop is). There were not a lot of vendors there. Next we hit Barefoot Landing and had a stroll through the Alligator Farm but no alligators were in sight, just ducks and turtles! Then for a nice ride down Kings Highway to the Harley Store where again, vendors were few. The last stop was at Suck Bang Blow where a band was playing, burn outs (phew!), Wall of Death, and a contest for the loudest pipes! And Chuck and Keith had a chance to drool! After a refreshing stop at the hotel for a swim and a shower, we headed back on the strip for supper, eating at Captain Benjamin's. What a wide variety of food! We left for home this morning, feeling refreshed and having had a great weekend. We got home just in time before the rain! There were quite a few bikers there, more than we anticipated being there, but it was the end of bike week so I am sure a lot had already left to go home. We are ready to go back!!!
  13. I was wondering what the rules/etiquette of posting new threads in proper sections. It seams like every day I read topics for technical assistance in the Watering Hole section...which to me is the wrong place.... I just dont want to make an error and post in the wrong area. Here is a list of the forum sections: General Discussion Watering Hole VentureRider Merchandise Videos VR Polls Tech Talk GPS, Audio, Electronics Safety and Education Poor Man Tips and Fixes General Tech Talk Second Generation Venture Tech Talk Technical Library - Read Only Second Gen and Royal Star Technical Library General Tech Library VentureRider Parts Exchange Member Recommendations Riding Gear Bike Accessories Motorcycle Experiences Lessons Learned Embarrassing Moments Rides and Rallies VentureRider International Rally VentureRider Regional Rallies Meet-n-Eats Other Clubs Events VentureRider Vendors VentureRider Gold Star Vendors VentureRider Silver Star Vendors Vendors who offer us Discounts. VentureRider Website Discussion Requests for Features 2009 International Rally Planning Committee Cody '09
  14. Folks, I should have brought this up LONG ago but just hadn't really considered how big a deal it could end up being. I'm going to have to ask you that if you are hosting or helping to organize a VentureRider rally, Meet and Eat, whatever...that you PLEASE not solicit donations from any of our listed vendors/supporters listed on this site without checking with me first. The problem is, we have a LOT of events throughout the year and we simply cannot ask a handful of vendors to donate prizes for each and every one of them. Our primary rally of the year is the Internatonal Rally. This year it will be held in Arkansas. We will be asking our vendors to donate prizes for that rally and hopefully some of them will be generous enough to do so. These are mostly small vendors though and they simply cannot be expected to donate to every event. It is also not fair that they may not even KNOW what is a major event, what is simply a Meet and Eat, etc. They get a message from John Doe at VentureRider.org and may assume that he or she is making the request as an official representative of the club. I'm sorry, but it just can't work that way. We will only ask our vendors here to donate to one major rally a year. For the other events, if you wish to give away prizes, you really need to approach your local dealers or new vendors. Please do not approach any company or vendor on behalf of VentureRider.org without discussing it with me first. I hope you understand and I thank you in advance for that understanding. Don
  15. it has been decided that we are going to have vendors at the 2009 rally. danob11 is in charge of the vendors. by vendors we we mean outside venders and people on the site that have items they have to sell or that they make and sell. i was thinking of having a swap meet area where people could put items that are bike related. to sell or trade. whats everyone think of this idea? bill
  16. I have been trying to think of something new to do at Vogel next year, and one idea I have come up with is a Poker Run. The winning hand will win a Morgan CarbTune Pro, kindly donated by Morgan CarbTune, one of our preferred Vendors here at VentureRider. Thanks to Sean Morgan at Morgan CarbTune. Venturerider's Tail of the Dragon @ Vogel State Park Aug. 12-16, 2009
  17. okay folks we got the go ahead for having vendors at the hub at the 2009 rally. here's the details. we are going to have an area for people on this website that have products they make, or are dealers for that they would like to sell, (not used parts), including some non motorcycle stuff like jewelry and things for the ladies. we will have outside vendors there to promote and sell their products,( motorcycle related only). danob11 is on our committee and in charge of vendors and roadkill is also working on vendors. if any member has something to contribute as far as vendors, please pm either one of them with ideas. the vendor area will be inside the meeting hall and will be air conditioned and very nice with lots of room. we also have plenty of ajacient room out side for trailer vendors. the only vendor fee will be the basic meet registration fee which we are still working on. i am trying to get an air brush and pinstripe artist and possibly a tattoo artist there. bill
  18. Does anyone know if there will be very many vendors and such at this event? I have heard from other people that they are trying to make this a Indy bike week and are going to have 4 blocks down town set up for only bikes and the parties and diffrent things going on all over but havent found any real info. I have my kids that weekend so they cone first but would like to go see the vendors and see what I can get for the bike and us.
  19. OK folks, I am pleased to announce that the Motorcycle Superstore is now listed as a preferred vendor under the Vendor who offer us discounts topic area. All VentureRiders will now receive a 10% discount when shopping their store at http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com See the post in "Vendors who offer us discounts" for our discount code. Please do not share the code with non-members. I have also made the topic area "Vendors who offer us discounts" a member only area. This was at the request of a couple of the vendors who do offer us discounts. They want to ensure that people using our discounts are indeed Venturerider members. I think that is a fair request. This simply means that you must be logged in to see the messages in that area.
  20. We appreciate the vendors who offer us discounts. These vendors differ from our Gold Star and Silver Star vendors in that they do not officially support nor link back to the VenturerRider site. They are not contributors to our contests and rallies. The decision to offer us a discount is a business decision. It is a win-win situation. We certainly appreciate these vendors but encourage our members to first try and support our Silver Star and Gold Star contributing vendors. If you are a vendor who wishes to be listed in this section, please contact me at dnelson@venturerider.org with your proposal.
  21. Working at Snowshoe Village today I seen several second gens there among hundreds of other bikes. Must be a motorcycle event tents and vendors set up everywhere. Anybody from our group?
  22. Starting Thursday July 3rd, through Sunday July 6th, at Newport on the Levy, is the Newport Motorcycle Rally. This is right on the Ohio River shores across from Cincinnati, Ohio. Ron and I go to this event every year. There are vendors, bands, food, and a lot of motorcycles. If you are going to be near by, why not stop by. Here is the link, http://www.newportmotorcyclerally.com/accomodations.html http://www.cincinnatiphotography.biz/index.php?do=photocart&viewGallery=150
  23. rek58

Laconia

I know it's still about a month away, but was just wondering who makes the trip? Not being that far away, myself and a few friends will make a couple of day trips. I've been up there the last few years, hanging around the Funspot. Good parking and that's where all the vendors usually set up for the demo's.
  24. For those of you who went the IMS show in your town, is it me? Or was it a disappointment? Went to the show at the Javits Center in NYC yesterday. I went to look at several different brands, BMW and Victory mainly........I'm glad I went because I was severely disappointed with them, RSVs? I really don't like this years colors. Harley had the most appealling bikes and I'm ot really a Harley guy. Vendors were boring too.