Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

1. If you buy stuff on line, check out the seller carefully, especially first genners when you buy on eBay. A friend spent $50 on a penis enlarger. The vendor sent him a magnifying glass, with an instruction warning, "Do not use in the sunlight"
  2. How does a member become a service vendor on this site? Experienced in lowering RSV's both front and back. Also, installing gauges, tachs, air horns and passing lights. Have forty plus years working and riding on various brand motorcycles. Rider First, Harley Owner Second.
  3. Trader

Americade

Hey Bongobobny! So how was Americade? I've never been there but I can imagine that it is hundreds of vendor booths. But besides that, what's there? Anything out of the ordinary to share? Inquiring minds want to know!
  4. hi. i need to replace my stator. there are so many vendors on ebay. which ones have you used? thanks.
  5. Looks like I found us another good vendor. I ordered 2 baron style lenses, cost:$2.95 each plus shipping for a total of $11.90. I did this on April 21 2012. Order received today, no additional shipping, nothing extra but then I noticed on the shipping envelope that the cost of shipping came to $12.90. Now it cost them more to ship those 2 little lenses than what I paid for the whole issue. Yes,,, it took a while, about 4 weeks,,,, I'm not surprised, they're getting harder to find. Thanks goes out to: Outdoors in Motion, Rutland VT http://www.outdoors-in-motion.com/index.htm
  6. Please join me in welcoming Talisman Motorcycle Luggage as our newest supporting vendor. I have posted all the relevant information in the "vendors who offer us discounts" forum. http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=62106 You will sometimes see his banner at the top of our page.
  7. I enjoyed Stardays. I spent too much money but what the heck. I got a backrest, Half Cover and the saddlebag rails. Everything was installed there. My question is who was the vendor selling the GPS mounts? I would like to try to give them some business. I was on the Blue 2011 RSV.
  8. Well, I went and switched to a GL1800, I've had it about 10 days now. Lower seat and center of gravity, a lot easier for me to handle, especially two-up. Maybe more about that later. Now to the subject of this thread. I signed on to a couple of Gold Wing forum sites, looking for hints, advice, places to buy safety chrome, etc. So I started a thread at this one site with the subject box content "Wingstuff.com". I proceeded to ask if anyone used them to buy goodies and what they thought about their prices, service, etc.--- Same kind of stuff we discuss here all the time. HAH! I got several decent responses, then all hell broke loose. It seems as though the reason that there is no membership fee (in other words free) is because the site is owned and paid for by a big aftermarket vendor. Yes, I said owned. They are a full blown "have almost everything" vendor. On the home page their banner shows as a sponsor, not "owner", with some smaller banner sponsors also shown. The smaller ones are not directly competitive with the owner, that is not allowed. They offer different goods and/or services. Now comes the good part. The moderator works for the vendor! So, along with him, several members unloaded on me for daring to mention a competitor on their site. After a lot of bantering, name calling and expressions of ill will, the thread got deleted. Some of the other members expressed some support for the "newbie" and some thought the others were way too harsh, but the end result is you must conform to their rules. My way or go away. Be very pleased and happy to pay your $12 a year and have a site that is "by the membership, for the membership"! This site occasionally has some minor conflicts and the boss has to step in, but believe me, this place is wonderful compared to what I have just experienced. I know that there are some really good guys on that site, but I ain't gonna be there. Congratulations to the members, moderators, and administrators of this site. An enjoyable place to visit. I have totally enjoyed being a member here. I'm done.
  9. Just curious if anyone has ever used this vendor? http://www.rumblingpride.com/ Here is one of their mount kits that does not interfere with the trunk opening and closing? http://www.rumblingpride.com/Touring_Class_Mounting_System.htm Then of course there is always the luggage rack mounts...but don't those get in the way? I am especially interested if anyone has ordered from them before. Thanks, Wally
  10. Please welcome F4 Customs Windshields as our newest supporting vendor. Please check this thread for more details. http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?p=546337#post546337
  11. Just an FYI - the company called Powersport Superstore seems to be a very risky vendor. If you order something from them that that has some function and needs to be installed to see if it actually works, they will flatly refuse to authorize a return for anything that has been installed, even when they sold you a defective item. I personally find that business practice dishonest and will not deal with them again. Goose (Note that this is NOT the same company as Motorcycle Superstore. I have had many perfectly fine transactions with Motorcycle Superstore and will continue to use them.)
  12. Going to order 4 or 5 dozen headwraps and bring them to MD....WILL THAT BE ENOUGH ? Let me know what you think? Are you interested in getting one ? ....mostly black ?... Should I get some flamed ones also ? or should I try to get some new colors ?...meeting with the vendor Wednesday...........chime in if your going to Dons MD. Your call guys and gals....
  13. NOTE: For those of you who do not feel comfortable or don't have the tools to make your own leveling links, they are also available from Diamond R Accessories. An excellent vendor with great products. You can find them at http://www.diamondraccessories.com
  14. About a month and a half ago I ordered a spoiler for the Mighty Steed. I still ain't got it. It seems that Yamaha don't keep them in stock and only order them when they get a sufficient number of orders to make an order from the vendor. So here is my plea, If you have been on the fence to get one hop off dead center and order so I can get mine. Thanks in advance. Herb
  15. By now, with an exception of three fleece jackets..everyone who ordered their fleece jackets and shirts should have recieved them....before I took on this project I recieved 52 pm's expressing interest in the shirts..I expanded payment options to recieve pay pal along with the sleeveless fleece and the option on the colors of the fleece because some of the woman didn't care for pink..I also went so far as excepting personal checks against all advice...well , to date 10.... yes,10 members have ordered the t shirts....the fleece are doing ok...... DO NOT get me wrong...I am not complaining...I would think that with the amount of members we have here, that the club could do better than fill 10 orders......I'm glad my vendor does these one at a time and I don't have a minimum order... I AM HAPPY to do this for the club , it does take a lot of my time contacting people and verifying their size and order, ordering the product, picking them up from the vendor, packing them for shipping, filling out tracking slips, running them to the post office, contacting members of their shipping progress and again verifying that they recieved them..AGAIN ,I recieve nothing from this...all proceeds go to Ventureriders .org....SO , with the HOLIDAY season fast approaching and still good riding in the south, I am asking all members to take a minute to check out the merchandise forum and hopefully give me a pm with your order.....I have been talking to the vendor on making up some dewrags with our name on them...when I hear back from him on wednesday, I will inform you on the progress of this venture....thanks and ride safely...:fnd_(16):
  16. Just so everyone knows...yes I am still working on the t shirts. I am very busy with another organization I belong to and will be until the end of August...Have met with the vendor and will be offering t's with and without pockets, also long sleeve and sweatshirts too:clap2:..am looking into club jackets and a variety of other apperall such as womans fleeces..he has so many products to offer, its mind boggleing:think:...please bare with me for a while during this process...I need to set up a palpal account and look into shipping costs too.. for now the colors that will be offered will be white, dark grey,black and navy blue ( THE BOSS SAYS NO HAZZARD GREEN..DARN, GUESS YOUR HAVE TO MOVE TO NY TO GET ONE OF THOSE)..But then again who listens to him anyway :whistling:lol....sizes from small to xxxlg...again I'm not computer savy:smash2: and everything is new to me to get this rolling...prices are still being worked out at this time ...... been dealing with this vendor for many years and he is excellant to deal with...shirts will be 50/50 cotton and poly....no shrinkage...again,please be patient with me during this process:bowdown:....should be ready to go by the end of august...:fnd_(16):
  17. okay, this is the last call for the vendor area from me. we are going to have an indoor area in the main hall for vendors. if you have something that you make that you would like to display and sell, the vendor area is free. it does'nt need to be totally bike related such as jewelry or leather work etc.. we will also have an area set up to sell your used bike parts and bike related items. so if you have something to get rid of bring it with an attached price tag with your name on it. all this stuff will also be in the main hall in a secure area. any questions pm me or danob11. i am really looking forward to seeing everyone that is coming. and wish i could see all the folks that aren't coming. there's still plenty of time to register. see you there. bill
  18. OK folks, it's been a while since we have had any new T-Shirts made up for our members. Crash used to take care of this but he is no longer in the business. Do we have any members here who are in the silk screening business? I am looking for somebody who is willing to help me with the design of a new shirt, willing to have them made up and do the inventory, shipping, etc. If you are interested, send me a PM or an email and we'll see what we can work out. We already have a member who does embroidery on caps and shirts but not screenprinting, dye sublimation, etc. If nobody here is in the business, I'll start looking for a vendor elsewhere.
  19. I am looking to buy a set of saddlebag rails for my 2008 Venture. Does anybody here have any recommendations on a vendor and what I can expect to pay for them? Thanks
  20. Guest

Preferred vendor

I hope I don't insult anyone by asking this loaded question, but I will ask anyway. I need to purchase 3 needle vavle sets (P/N: 4KM-14107-15). I purchased 1 from the local dealer and paid way to much ($36). Is there a preferred vendor associate with this site to purchase from? tx, Bob
  21. I had one of these on my old '96 Royal Star and was very pleased with the performance. Now, I'm thinking about putting one on my '07 venture. Baron's in having a holiday sale right now for their retail, E-Mail customers - 25% off their in-stock items. Their regular price is $289 for their Dyna units, so that would be a pretty good price. Plus, I like dealing with them. They are a good vendor! But, times are tight and I gotta watch those Christmas funds, so I'm looking for the best price I can find. Does anyone have any suggestions for a better price? I need the model D3K7-5. Thanks guys & Merry Christmas! Pete.
  22. think we are getting there on the 09 rally. we are going to have vendors, probably some biker type games, lots of planned and random rides. good food, a final dinner, comeraderie, raffles, and what the heck else am i forgetting? i need help from the members. give me some ideas on things that we can do to make this the best meet ever. i am open to all suggestions. it's your meet and we (the meet committee), want every one to have a great time, and go home with lots of good memories. don't hold back we will take all ideas into consideration. if any of our members have something bike related they would like to have in the vendor area. contact danob11. he is the vendor guy and would be glad to work with you. if any one in the area, or that knows the area wants to put together and lead a ride contact me or colesgrandpa. he is my ride coordinator. i am personally going lead a ride to eureka springs for an on the town shopping spree for the gals, my wife is a pro shopper. lol. we still need some one to volunteer to put together a video on a dvd of the pic's and videos of the meet that the members have taken. so the members can enjoy the good memories. if it seems like i am shoving this meet down your throat, it's not meant to be that way. black owl told me don't let the members forget, and i really believe in what he said. so give me some ideas on what you folks think might make tis the ultimate meet. this ones for you. snarley bill :clap2:
  23. okay folks we got the go ahead for having vendors at the hub at the 2009 rally. here's the details. we are going to have an area for people on this website that have products they make, or are dealers for that they would like to sell, (not used parts), including some non motorcycle stuff like jewelry and things for the ladies. we will have outside vendors there to promote and sell their products,( motorcycle related only). danob11 is on our committee and in charge of vendors and roadkill is also working on vendors. if any member has something to contribute as far as vendors, please pm either one of them with ideas. the vendor area will be inside the meeting hall and will be air conditioned and very nice with lots of room. we also have plenty of ajacient room out side for trailer vendors. the only vendor fee will be the basic meet registration fee which we are still working on. i am trying to get an air brush and pinstripe artist and possibly a tattoo artist there. bill
  24. I have to give praise when deserved. Norm from Montana turned me on to these people. http://www.bikerhiway.com/ I just purchased and installed the LED Tail Light for Yamaha Road Star and V-Star from them. I placed the order Sunday evening via their website. Early Monday morning I had an email from them saying it had already shipped. When I got home today (Wednesday) the package was sitting on my desk. It took them 2.5 days to ship me the LED tail lights. Very cool!!! Oh and these LED tail light bulb replacement board is super bright!!! Read my review here.
  25. Anyone else have this problem? The black insulation of the lower coiled cable that comes off the helmets at each end near the connectors is splitting revealing the colored wiring inside. Everything still works fine, but I have had to wrap each with electrical tape. I am going to buy new cables but don't want to just repeat the problem. Is there a vendor that has a better cable? Should I make a modification that would better protect this area? Is Edsets a good place to buy these items? Iowa Guy