Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

1. Is there dates set yet for 2015 MD? I want to try to make it so I have to put in vacation time early.
  2. I have seen the "fly and ride" rental ads on the internet, but I love our RSTD with the mods we have made. And, it seems to me that it would be cheaper for a 1 - 2 week tour to ship the bike, pick it up and use it for the vacation, bring it back, have it shipped back, etc, than the cost of renting a bike. We are in Delaware and both employed so considering going cross country (which would be great!) is out of the range of our vacation days! But, we might be able to afford to ship the bike, buy econo plane tickets both ways and do something really great! Has anyone done this?
  3. Hi All, Just wondering if anybody knows of any wreckers or parts yards in the southern Phoenix/Maricopa area. Wifes on vacation down there and thought I'd get her to look around. Thanks Markus(calgaryrider)
  4. Just got back from a little vacation. The whole family went over to Wisconsin for a wedding. We stayed in the Neenah/Appleton area. I gotta tell ya, there is some pretty neat country over there. But I think my boys had the best time of us all. Since we were going for a new years eve wedding, some of the relatives were busy entertaining the rest of us. And of course being loyal Packers fans they are season ticket holders. So my sons got to use 2 of their tickets to see their first NFL game. Not a bad game to see for your first game I'd say!
  5. Ok - there'll not be too much of an estate to fight over, we just spent it on our vacation of a lifetime. Linda, myself, Linda's brother Larry and his wife Shari and friends Joe and Carol took a 14 day vacation in Spain, Italy and Croatia. The cost was unimportant and insignificant compared to the experience. I can't believe I paid $75 for 6 beers in Cannes France but it was hot
  6. We're headed out to Virginia Beach today. Looks like we're gonna have cooler weather out there. Haven't been there in 20 years. We'll be in the truck, as we're taking the oldest Son and his wife on a little vacation, before he deploys overseas in 2 weeks. He hasn't seen the beach since he was a baby. I got us two hotel rooms, with hot tubs, overlooking the beach. Should be a great time.
  7. Just wanted to vent.... My wife and I had planned a Vacation this year after not taking one for a couple of years due to having TWO Weddings to pay for. Well THIS year we have the money and planned a two week trip. I had posted questions about it on here a couple of times. We had planned on heading to Indianapolis for a Charity Ride with Friends, then head to Niagra Falls for the night. Then we were going to take suggestions from this site and cross into Canada and follow the highway along the lakes. We planned to hit Maine and the rest of the northeastern states, working our way down to D.C.. From there, start heading west, back to Ohio to meet up with a good friend that has made me some White Lightning. he offered to put us up a few nights while we party & he shows me how to make the stuff. Once we left his place, we were to head home to Omaha. This trip would've left us only a few States left on our map. BUT.... The Army Corp of Engineers and Mother Nature couldn't come to an agreement this year and my home has been only a few feet from flooding since the beginning of June.I just heard yesterday that the Missouri River isn't planned to be back into it's banks until the end of September or October. - We don't want to be on the east coast if / when the Levy breaks. So, it looks like no Vacation again this year. That being said, if losing my Vacation is the worse that happens too me this year, I will still feel blessed. There are MANY people that have lost everything due to this flooding. Because of the MONTHS of the flooding, there is a lot of farmland that will take many years, if ever, to recover. Craigr
  8. http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj302/ThomWill/RoutePlanning.png :cool10:
  9. Hello Everyone,, I had to cancel my trip out to Florida caverns due to an Emergency Service Call Saturday morning. Work. Most of my Vacation time this year was used to work for other people or Repairs/ Improvements on my Property. So the week of T-Giving I am off with NO Service call responsibility. I have lived in Florida for 20 years and have never made it to the Florida Keys. I am considering taking a senic ride through middle of Florida/backroads to the Keys. Maybe leave on Monday ride back on Wedesday, if I can find real cheap places to snooze,shower, etc... Anyone Else planning a ride or is everyone just talking about riding. LOL Anyone else want to head south? Does anyone have a suggestion of cheap/good place to stay in Key Largo, $50-70 per night.? Camping Cabin, RV Rental, B&B, etc..... Any Opinions welcome. LAter Vern
  10. Its that time of year again! Its time to book a winter vacation! THis year Joanne and I and a few friends have booked a 9 day cruise leaving out of Miami in January. We are on the Norwegian Dawn and cruising to Samana in the Dominican, St Kitts, Tortola, St. John's Antigua and a few other spots I cant remember right now. Ive never been on a cruise before and am looking forward to it! We are in Miami a couple of days early to wander around at see what is happening in Miami. I know its not a bike vacation, but it gets darn hard to plan a bike vacation in Dec, Jan and Feb, which are the only months I didnt ride my bike last year. So does anyone else have plans to get away over the winter bRIAN
  11. Eileen and I made it home Friday evening from a whirlwind visit to Texas. We spent time with family in Tyler, Longview, Mt. Pleasant, Grand Prairie, Arlington and Granbury. Not near enough time in any one place and spent way too much time driving and not enough time with people that we were way overdue visiting. Now, it had been almost 10 years since I was last home to Texas. During this trip, I met 4 grand kids that I had never met, I met two daughter in laws that I had never met, I met 5 nieces and nephews that I had never met. It was a bit strange, a bit sad, a bit joyous and a bit hectic but overall, was a good trip. I'm sincerely sorry that I was unable to attend the International Rally. From all reports, Leadwolf and team did a fantastic job with it. This is the first one that I've missed and I hated doing so but I only have a limited amount of vacation and visiting family was way overdue. I can't wait so long before going home again. I spent yesterday working on the lawn tractor and managed to put a big gash in my hand and arm first thing yesterday morning but that is fairly typical of what happens when I work on something. Got the tractor repaired though so at least it was a success. Still have luggage in the car that I have to get out today and help Eileen get everything unpacked. Then I have to get my work car organized and hit the road again tomorrow. I feel like I need a vacation to get over my vacation but don't have any remaining time right now. I thank all of you for your understanding and sorry if I've neglected anything here during my time away.
  12. Taken straight from foxnews.com What else can be said here other than maybe there's some kind of Icelandic conspiracy to slowly infiltrate our society!!! Both libations are clear examples of things you should be wary of on vacation. But sometimes, the decision to drink or not to drink isn’t always clear cut. Herein, a selective world tour. Watch what you sip in Iceland. Nicknamed “Black Death,” Brennivín is a “horrid, throat and gullet-searing schnapps made from fermented potatoes and caraway” that’s best avoided during a vacation to Iceland, says Trip Chicks tour guide Ann Lombardi, who recently returned from the country. Most Icelandic people say clear of the drink as well as an accompanying snack, fermented shark, unless they’re trying to “impress unsuspecting visitors,” says Lombardi, who says she and her fellow travelers “should have known better about both. After being conned first into eating several chunks of the fermented shark we thought nothing could taste worse. We were dead wrong. I almost passed out after just one small sip [of the Brennivín], and the offensive odor stayed in my mouth for days.”
  13. To Many the ride this will be one of those nice Trailer P(*&(*& moments. But there are many of us that just have to think about a lot of things. So how do you tie in vacation, Biking, family and make everyone happy? Well for our Family I think I have found the answer and we are all very excited. This weekend we purchased a toy hauler made by forest river called and ez 16 it is large enough to haul my tour deluxe and the wife's 1100 classic along with all of the supplies we will need for a long weekend or week long vacation. Now when you empty this thing it turns into a very nice camping trailer. with Air, heat, Tv with dvd, stereo system with outside speakers. basic kitchenetter with 2 burner stove and seek, fridge, It has a porta potty. so you remove bikes, pull the chalks, lay a custom fit carpet down and use air mattresses or cots. http://www.nwcampersrv.com/minnesotarvsales/Forest-River-RV/Take-It-EZ/Toy-Hauler-Travel-Trailers.aspx#features Pretty slick set up and it does not break the bank. Of course the way this is set up the possibilities are endless.
  14. Boss, you and your wonderful Bride sure know how to throw a party!!! We had a WONDERFUL time, THANK YOU!!! Wes kinda enjoyed it too...:rotfl::rotfl:(I don't think he missed talking to ANYONE there:178:) He's already asking if we are coming back next year and when it will be so he can put in for his vacation...
  15. This was a picture of my wife and I last year on vacation at fossill rim , on our way to Albeque Ballon festivle in New Mexico .
  16. Vacation "Burn" Day .. nice day to spend in the cave. A little work a friend's 99 RSV.
  17. OK folks I set a date it can be changed but need a bit of input. I get a bit impatient waiting so I figured I'd go ahead and start. Now if it's ok we'll get started on planing this event. So please check the rally section (regional) and voice your opinion. I'll give it about a week and then I'll put the date on the calendar. Sorry I get a bit bossy must be from being the oldest. Plus I've been asked about when it will be and I know some folks need to get their dates in for vacation except for those folks that have vacation everyday. Margaret
  18. I turned in today my vacation schedule for all of 2010. Anybody else got your plans together. Ours is first come first serve so I always schedule early.
  19. Today is my first day off for the Holidays, next week my last 3 days of vacation for this year stretches my time off to 11 days, then Jan 4 Charlene goes into the hospital for her surgery and I start 2 more weeks of vacation for 2010, but most of it will be spent at the hospital with her. I am scheduled to go back to work on Jan 18,2010 if all goes according to plan, if not I have one more week of vacation I can take for 2010. All total I will be semi-retired for 25 days total. First time I have ever been off that long while holding a job..............hope my job is still there when I go back......
  20. No, just Bronchitis, so I guess I'm not as contageous as I feared. Still off from work since Thursday, and will probably go back in a couple of days. I'll be out on DB to save vacation time for next summer, like MD, the International, and maybe some other M&E...
  21. As I posted earlier, we took this week as vacation and planned to leave out Tuesday. But Sunday night, by breaker box in my house decided to short out. We called the insurance and they said to get an electrician to fix it. That worked out well with us getting a new box and a outside disconnect that was needed, but I was going to have to pay a $500 deductible. With all that was done, we did not have the inspection sign off and official power until about Friday noon. When the city inspector came over to sign it off, he took a good look at the box as he wanted to see if he could figure out what caused the meltdown. The main breaker was already off, but as he was pulling the rest of the breakers off, when he came to the one to the A/C-Heat pump, it was burned underneath, even though the outside looked fine. At that time I told him I had the system replaced 14 months ago due to a lighting strike. He then told me that they should have replaced my breaker box also as that was what actually caused the rest to finally meltdown. He also told me I should advise the insurance company of that and he would tell them that it should have been part of the original claim and the original deductible. I gave them, Farm Bureau, a call and they also think it should have been part of the 1st claim, so I may have saved the $500. With all this done, Laura and I decided to take off yesterday down into the mountains of South Carolina and do some riding and spend the night. So, it comes down to getting about a two day vacation, but we had a great time and rode some roads that made the Dragon look like an interstate, they were so curvy. Given there were some times we were in some very desolate areas and I have encountered some electrical glitches on my bike lately, the thought was there, but the bike ran absolutely perfect for over 400 miles and about a million curves. I have attached a couple if pics of the box and some waterfalls. RandyA That 1st waterfall has got a drop of 411 feet by the time it gets to the bottom. I did not try to hike down to get a better picture of the whole thing. The 2nd waterfall is actually two falls coming from seperate directions and meeting up together, part way down.
  22. Here are the pics from my vacation last week. I just got back from a week in British Columbia in and around the Kelowna and Okanagon areas. It was great, in the mid 30's most days (90's f) but there was quite a bit of smoke around from the fires in the area as it has been so dry. We visited wineries and spent most of the time at friends place just being beach bums. We rented a Street Glide for a day to see the area and I just hated it, slow,... soft, spongy forks, and very small seating area for Deb and I. It did have a great stereo though. http://picasaweb.google.ca/friesman1/LakeKalkamalkaBC Brian
  23. Not enough time to get to the Hub, but Beth and I are on vacation.....one whole week! We're heading down to Pigeon Forge once again, but this time a couple of friends with BMW's are coming with us....(yup, I have friends, they just don't know any better). First time for them in the Smokie's....really looking forward to the time away. We're heading out first thing Sunday morning, have to attend a 60th birthday celebration today. Here's to time off work, good weather, and great friends!!!! randy and beth:rotfl:
  24. Several of us showed on Sunday July 5 at Riderduke and Leo's vacation pad. We kind of took over. Just a few pics of that day. http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y262/venturerider/Sleeperhawks%20Mechanic%20Wrightsville%20Beach%2020090705/
  25. A friend of mine saw this family in Florida on Friday 7/10/09. He sent me the photo from his Blackberry but failed to tell me where he saw them. This looks like a great way to take the family on vacation. Does anyone recognize them - are they members?