Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

Found 10 results

1. US 550 into Ouray and Silverton. They call it the milliion dollar highway. I think it is because it cost that much per mile to build it. I think it is because it has million dollar views as you ride along it. It winds up and over several mountain passes and you will see crystall clear rivers and waterfalls. There are stopping points along the way and during holidays, you will encounter some traffic. The road has lots of curves and you might hit some gravel occasionally on the road from pull out areas. The town of Ouray has a public Hot Spring that is visible as you pull into town. Use it at the end of the day. It is great! Lots of Hotels and Motels to stay in. The Weisbaden is the usual biker choice but I stayed at the Beaumont which is very lavish and expensive. Only place I could find a room on Labor Day. The town is western and very friendly. Silverton is more rustic and an old Mining town. There is plenty to see and do in both these places but the ride in is what makes it great. I also had to add a couple pics from Grand Junction and the Mesa. Great country to ride.
  2. A buddy of mine told me if we decide to head west this week to be sure and ride the Million Dollar Hwy. I looked at pics of it on the net and........WHAT THE?!?! Is this road as edgy as it looks in the pics? Looks like I better get my britches sinched up for that one.
  3. TWO QUARTERS or a DOLLAR BILL A young boy enters a barber shop and the barber whispers to his customer, 'This is the dumbest kid in the world. Watch while I prove it to you.' The barber puts a dollar bill in one hand and two quarters in the other, then calls the boy over and asks, 'Which do you want, son?' The boy takes the quarters and leaves the dollar. 'What did I tell you?' the barber winked. 'That kid never learns!' Later, when the customer leaves, he sees the same young boy coming out of the ice cream store & says; 'Hey, son! May I ask you a question? Why did you take the quarters instead of the dollar bill?' The boy licked his cone and replied, 'Because the day I take the dollar bill, the game's over!' :rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:
  4. These are common sense questions with common sense answers. Take your time and think and you should get them right. Answers at bottom 1. Why are 2009 dollar bills worth more than 2008 dollar bills? http://us.mg1.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1%5f315151%5fAGfGjkQAAF08TROI%2fASqCjV5cPI&pid=2&fid=Inbox&inline=1 2. Johnny's mother had three children. The first child was named April. The second child was named May. What was the third child's name? http://us.mg1.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1%5f315151%5fAGfGjkQAAF08TROI%2fASqCjV5cPI&pid=3&fid=Inbox&inline=1 3. There is a clerk at the butcher shop, he is five feet ten inches tall and he wears size 13 sneakers. What does he weigh? http://us.mg1.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1%5f315151%5fAGfGjkQAAF08TROI%2fASqCjV5cPI&pid=4&fid=Inbox&inline=1 4. Before Mt. Everest was discovered, what was the highest mountain in the world? http://us.mg1.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1%5f315151%5fAGfGjkQAAF08TROI%2fASqCjV5cPI&pid=5&fid=Inbox&inline=1 5. How much dirt is there in a hole that measures two feet by three feet by four feet? http://us.mg1.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1%5f315151%5fAGfGjkQAAF08TROI%2fASqCjV5cPI&pid=6&fid=Inbox&inline=1 6. What word in the English Language is always spelled incorrectly? http://us.mg1.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1%5f315151%5fAGfGjkQAAF08TROI%2fASqCjV5cPI&pid=7&fid=Inbox&inline=1 7. Billy was born on December 28th, yet his birthday is always in the summer. How is this possible? http://us.mg1.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1%5f315151%5fAGfGjkQAAF08TROI%2fASqCjV5cPI&pid=8&fid=Inbox&inline=1 8. In California, you cannot take a picture of a man with a wooden leg. Why not? http://us.mg1.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1%5f315151%5fAGfGjkQAAF08TROI%2fASqCjV5cPI&pid=9&fid=Inbox&inline=1 9. If you were running a race, and you passed the person in 2nd place, what place would you be in now? http://us.mg1.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1%5f315151%5fAGfGjkQAAF08TROI%2fASqCjV5cPI&pid=11&fid=Inbox&inline=1 10. Which is correct to say, "The yolk of the egg are white" or "The yolk of the egg is white"? http://us.mg1.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1%5f315151%5fAGfGjkQAAF08TROI%2fASqCjV5cPI&pid=12&fid=Inbox&inline=1 11. If a farmer has 5 haystacks in one field and 4 haystacks in the other field, how many haystacks would he have if he combined them all in another field? http://us.mg1.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1%5f315151%5fAGfGjkQAAF08TROI%2fASqCjV5cPI&pid=13&fid=Inbox&inline=1 http://us.mg1.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1%5f315151%5fAGfGjkQAAF08TROI%2fASqCjV5cPI&pid=14&fid=Inbox&inline=1 Here are the Answers http://us.mg1.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1%5f315151%5fAGfGjkQAAF08TROI%2fASqCjV5cPI&pid=15&fid=Inbox&inline=1 1. Why are 2009 dollar bills worth more than 2008 dollar bills? Answer: ‘2009 dollars’ is one dollar more than ‘2008 dollars’. 2. Johnny's mother had three children. The first child was named April. The second child was named May. What was the third child's name? Answer: Johnny of course 3. There is a clerk at the butcher shop, he is five feet ten inches tall, and he wears size 13 sneakers. What does he weigh? Answer: Meat. 4. Before Mt. Everest was discovered, what was the highest mountain in the world? Answer: Mt. Everest; it just wasn't discovered yet. 5. How much dirt is there in a hole that measures two feet by three feet by four feet? Answer: There is no dirt in a hole. 6. What word in the English Language is always spelled incorrectly? Answer: Incorrectly 7. Billy was born on December 28th, yet her birthday is always in the summer. How is this possible? Answer: Billy lives in the Southern Hemisphere 8. In California, you cannot take a picture of a man with a wooden leg. Why not? Answer: You can't take pictures with a wooden leg. You need a camera to take pictures. 9. If you were running a race, and you passed the person in 2nd place, what place would you be in now? Answer: You would be in 2nd. Well, you passed the person in second place, not first. 10. Which is correct to say, "The yolk of the egg are white" or "The yolk of the egg is white"? Answer: Neither, the yolk of the egg is yellow 11. If a farmer has 5 haystacks in one field and 4 haystacks in the other field, how many haystacks would he have if he combined them all in another field? Answer: One. If he combines all of his haystacks, they all become one big stack
  5. I just got mine for $80.00 shipped brand new. the British pound is falling and the dollar is not falling so badly. I got a new one shipped for what most guys are asking for their used ones.
  6. There are always two models of the RSV what accounts for the $600 dollar price difference. Other than paint I don't see that big of difference.
  7. Subject: THE UNITED STATES ONE DOLLAR BILL THE UNITED STATES ONE DOLLAR BILL Take out a one dollar bill, and look at it. The one dollar bill you're looking at first came off the presses in 1957 in its present design. This so-called paper money is in fact a cotton and linen blend, with red and blue minute silk fibers running through it. It is actually material. We've all washed it without it falling apart. A special blend of ink is used, the contents we will never know. It is overprinted with symbols and then it is starched to make it water resistant and pressed to give it that nice crisp look. If you look on the front of the bill, you will see the United States Treasury Seal. On the top you will see the scales for a balanced budget. In the center you have a carpenter's square, a tool used for an even cut. Underneath is the Key to the United States Treasury. That's all pretty easy to figure out, but what is on the back of that dollar bill is something we should all know. If you turn the bill over, you will see two circles. Both circles, together, comprise the Great Seal of the United States. The First Continental Congress requested that Benjamin Franklin and a group of men come up with a Seal. It took them four years to accomplish this task and another two years to get it approved. If you look at the left-hand circle, you will see a Pyramid. Notice the face is lighted, and the western side is dark. This country was just beginning. We had not begun to explore the West or decided what we could do for Western Civilization. The Pyramid is uncapped, again signifying that we were not even close to being finished. Inside the capstone you have the all-seeing eye, an ancient symbol for divinity. It was Franklin's belief that one man couldn't do it alone, but a group of men, with the help of God, could do anything. 'IN GOD WE TRUST' is on this currency. The Latin above the pyramid, ANNUIT COEPTIS, means, 'God has favored our undertaking. ' The Latin below the pyramid, NOVUS ORDO SECLORUM, means, 'a new order has begun.' At the base of the pyramid is the Roman Numeral for 1776. (MDCCLXXVI) If you look at the right-hand circle, and check it carefully, you will learn that it is on every National Cemetery in the United States. It is also on the Parade of Flags Walkway at the Bushnell, Florida National Cemetery, and is the centerpiece of most hero's monuments. Slightly modified, it is the seal of the President of the United States, and it is always visible whenever he speaks, yet very few people know what the symbols mean. The Bald Eagle was selected as a symbol for victory for two reasons: First, he is not afraid of a storm; he is strong, and he is smart enough to soar above it. Secondly, he wears no material crown. We had just broken from the King of England. Also, notice the shield is unsupported. This country can now stand on its own. At the top of that shield you have a white bar signifying congress, a unifying factor. We were coming together as one nation. In the Eagle's beak you will read, 'E PLURIBUS UNUM', meaning, ' one nation from many people'. Above the Eagle, you have thirteen stars, representing the thirteen original colonies, and any clouds of misunderstanding rolling away. Again, we were coming together as one. Notice what the Eagle holds in his talons. He holds an olive branch and arrows. This country wants peace, but we will never be afraid to fight to preserve peace. The Eagle always wants to face the olive branch, but in time of war, his gaze turns toward the arrows. They say that the number 13 is an unlucky number. This is almost a worldwide belief. You will usually never see a room numbered 13, or any hotels or motels with a 13th floor But think about this: 13 original colonies, 13 signers of the Declaration of Independence, 13 stripes on our flag, 13 steps on the Pyramid, 13 letters in the Latin above, 13 letters in 'E Pluribus Unum', 13 stars above the Eagle, 13 bars on that shield, 13 leaves on the olive branch, 13 fruits, and if you look closely, 13 arrows. And, for minorities: the 13th Amendment. I always ask people, 'Why don't you know this?' Your children don't know this, and their history teachers don't know this. Too many veterans have given up too much to ever let the meaning fade. Many veterans remember coming home to an America that didn't care. Too many veterans never came home at all. Share this page with everyone, so they can learn what is on the back of the UNITED STATES ONE DOLLAR BILL, and what it stands for. Otherwise, they will probably never know.
  8. Thom

F.A.R.M

some you guys that have met me [ and i feel sorry for you ] know that i belong to F.A.R.M [ fathers against rap music ] and have seen my F.A.R.M tshirt wanted one , my friend now has a web site , he donates 1 dollar to Sands for every shirt he sells , http://www.farmclubinc.com/
  9. We were at Silver Dollar City in Branson ,Mo. sat. and noticed a 1st gen. in the bike lot. I was just wondering who was there?
  10. First the whine Marilyn went out to the suv at 1 ish this afternoon, came back into the house and asked me if I had left it open last night? No...I said.....well we've been robbed she says! Dang....burgalers got into the thing throught the back top glass portion of the rear hatch and stole....her change and her MYFi satellite radio I got her for her bike and car. The police where here pretty quick...helps when ya know them all....and it also helps when the neighbor also got broken into and had a gun stolen from their car!!! They took a plastic item from Marilyn's vehicle in hopes that there are prints on it but they are not too hopeful.....they would seriously like to get that gun back though! Now...for the kudo's She called XM to deactivate the radio. They did so and when she explained that it was stolen they offered her a new myfi complete.....for 99 bucks plus shipping and then a 40 dollar credit to her account. This is a 350 dollar unit up here so I thought that was very good of them....whadya all think of that....oh yeah and no activation fee either. Spent the rest of the day in the Peace Gardens at the border with out kids and exchange student. Gotta have some good outta the whole thing. All in all....poor start but a good end so far.