Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

Found 23 results

1. Hey guys. I know that this has been brought up before and I wanted to share with ya'll what I just found. http://www.crutchfield.com/S-51I56E4bKZj/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=51000&I=105CSBB2 dimensions: 11-5/8"W x 2-1/2"H x 7-7/8"D It'd fit, I think, in a saddlebag, maybe in the trunk... would definately take up a bit of room, though... It comes with a wired volume control.
  2. Dumb things we do .... I'd wired up my Trailer Isolator and realized I'd wired it to the Aux fuse block I'd installed, which is only live when the key is turned on. Now, the Isolator is supposed to be wired direct to the battery so ... I disconnected it, patched in an in-line fuse, and hooked it to the battery. Then I tested the power connector to the trailer .... NO POWER on any of the connections (run, brake, turn)... WHAT??? I fussed with that for a while, checking this and that ... couldn't understand why no power.... and then it HIT ME ... ! ... I connected the wire to the negative post on the battery :rotfl:!!!
  3. Can anyone offer advise or experience with Bluetooth technology and helmet communication sets? Looking into a way/means to not be wired to the bike and bluetooth looks to be the way to accomplish this. Thanks for any feedback (no punn!)
  4. So is it possible to blow "both" bulbs on my passing light assembly. I started the bike yesterday ...and no passing lamps( i wired them to stay on day and night)...i know one of you can help me with this.
  5. i will try to keep up with some pics of this install. here are some with the new stator installed and wired. i eliminated the small harness alltogether. it was fried anyhow. pretty simple, pos to pos, neg to neg, yellow to white. same with rectifier. only problem ive had so far, is i ruined the case cover gasket last night. ordered a new one ( thanks again earl). i should have pre-fit the cover first. didnt go on as easy as it came off. also, the shift rod likes to go upside down and messes up alignment. make suke you are aware of its original position. the new stator has an extra set of windings. guess thats what makes it better? parts of old pics too. as i wired it, i cut off the old wires for reference. helped out. didnt want to mix anything up.
  6. this thing was put on by the PO but i cant find any info on it and think ill just yank it off, instead of trying to make it work it does not have fuse in it so im afraid it will screw up something if i try, have to trace the wire but havent done it yet . it is wired to fuse box acc fuse and one wire to right horn. and another wire heading under battery to some where towards front of eng. but havent traced that one all way yet. anyway, just wondering if anyone seen on of these and what the hell it does if powered ?
  7. I purchased 2 Wolo Bad Boys at the new Northern Tool & Equipment store in Sioux Falls on Saturday. Went to work on sunday to install them. One on my '84 and one on my son's 91 750 Nighthawk. We can get neither one to work. We wired just as the directions show to do. The relays will click and that is all. Any ideas? Thanks, Dave
  8. I'm thinking of returning the Show Chrome headsets and going with the Scala Q2's. Does anyone know how long the rechargeable batteries last before you have to replace them? How does the intercom feature compare with headsets wired directly through the bike's intercom? As some of you may know if you've read my earlier posts, I've been getting interference on the wired set. I'm pretty sure that I can solve the problem (thanks to you guys and the great advice), but if I can get the Q2's for the same price as the wired set, maybe that would be a better option? Cheers!
  9. Had a signal dynamics back off brake light flasher install since last august, now it won't flash, wired to the led bar, removed it wired it into the stock brake light, no flash, wired it into both, no flash, took it up to the "factory" here in FL, 10 miles away, they were VERY helpful, talked to the owner/engineer, he tested it and gave it back, rewired it including a resistor he provided, no flash, took it back, they tested it on several heavy and light load light, worked perfectly, gave it back, "incompatable maybe" he said...can't seem to make it work on my bike, he did give me a 10 cent tour of their place, very cool, he said that could build all their products over seas but they don't to keep jobs over here, if you are looking for cool products, check them out, "signal dynamics"....any ideas what to do now?
  10. I ride an 08 tour deluxe, I keep blowing the headlight fuse. I have installed passing lights wired in according to instructions (no relay). I also have it wired for a trailer. My question is this. If i keep shorting out headlight due to driving lights, shouldnt the driving lights go out as well? They stay on, and I wasnt pulling trailer either time when it happened. Besides each trailer wire has its own fuse, unless short is in behind license plate. I am guessing pinched wire near handlebars? Just looking for ideas on where to start when it gets light out. Thanks in advance....
  11. Went to Rocky Face Ga. Tuesday and picked up a Bushtec Turbo 2 trailer, I think I will get alot of use from this one! Now I gotta get some time off so I can load it up and drag it around some. Will need to get the lights wired in first though.
  12. Ok, my gauges (Equus) all work. Finished the install, changed the oil and cranked her up. Oil pressure came right up, water temp took a few and finally came up to about 180 degrees. Volts, no problem. The tach is not working. The light works but the needle does nothing. So here's the poop. I need some suggestions. The Tach is a Nitrous 2". I wired it as follows: White: Night lamp...tapped into the driving lights. Orange: Wired to the positive battery terminal. Black: Chassis ground. Green: To the negetavie lead on the coil. I am pretty sure it's the negative. According to the repair manual, it's the gray/orange (top terminal). My terminals are as follows. Red is the lower and white is the upper. So I connected it to the white terminal. Red: Is supposed to go to the ignition switch accessory position. I just tapped into the lights again since they come on when the key is turned to the accessory position. This may have been my down fall. I am not sure where to tap into the ignition at. I am not sure if it makes a differance or not. The tach does have a 4-6-8 cylinder switch. I tried all of these positions. Tech support was nooooooo help. Any ideas? I am bummed and pissed. I put alot of work into the tach housing. It really looks sweet, but it would look sweeter if the tach worked! Randy
  13. I purchased an 06 Venture a few months ago and it came with some LED lights in strip form. I connected 4 strips together and wired them to my trickle charger and all were working. I then put them on my bike, found a wire that was only hot when the key is on and wired them in. I connot get them to work. I even connected them directly to the battery and nothing. Why will they work on the charger and not off the bike?? Any and all help appreciated.
  14. I just bought a 04 RSV and have noticed that the antenna's are reversed to all the photos I've seen( all but one ). On my bike the cb is on the right and radio is on the left ( left and right as you sit on the bike ). Does this matter and is there any way I can check to make sure they're wired correctly? any and all help is appreciated
  15. Hi, New here, Getting a nice first gen Venture tomorrow, 1983. I will be riding with my wife. We will be using full face helmets. What is a economical (not necessary cheap) intercom for us to use? Main use is just talking back and forth so wired to each other is fine with us. Now if possible a way to plug in a mp3 player so we could both listen would be nice but mainly just her and I talking back and forth. Any suggestions, please? Thanks Brian
  16. I am the proud new owner of a Tour Deluxe and an old owner of a Magellan GPS unit that my wife and I use on all of our car trips. My question is: Has anyone here seen an aftermarket power cord that can be wired to a bike? I'm not worried about the mount, I can fabricate something. Thanks in advance...
  17. I've owned the '91 for a while now, and while messing around with it a couple of days ago, I found that the driving lights have a hi/lo beam wired into them. Kinda cool. I'd really never taken the time to find out what the unlabled switches actually do as two of them are disconnected at the switch .. but the top 3-position switch controls the driving lights. The other two, I suspect, control the trailer lighting as it's wired for both 4way and 5way plugs on the transom.... I haven't checked the bulbs out... they look like a standard aftermarket chrome rectangle driving/fog light... and I wonder if it's just the bulb??
  18. I just installed a Sirius radio on my Venture. Works great but I am getting engine feedback/noise. My riding buddy has XM on a Shadow and has the same problem. Mine is connected via the socket on the fairing, soon to be hard wired. The Shadow is hardwired with a filter. Anyone have this problem? Is there a way to get rid of it? If I go fast enough I don't notice it as much Thanks, John
  19. I am having trouble wiring my light bar on 2007 V-star 1300. Does this bike have a per wired plug for this purpose? :think
  20. Hey folks, My 4 year old 2610 is very sick and dying. I need to replace it and I'd really like to find a new 2610 still in the box. I don't need anything fancy and besides I have the mounts and hard wired on both bikes for the 2610. I'd appreciate any and all help. I don't want a refurbished one because I don't trust them at all. Been there and done that!! Thanks a bunch, Eddie Flinchum--Winchester, Ky.
  21. I was getting the trailer wired today to go to Kbrans in the morning. I hot wired it to under the license plate because I have separate turn signals on the trailer. When I checked it with the trailer connected everything worked fine. I disconnected the trailer to get the bike out out the shed that I park in and now I have only a head light, dash lights, radio and the bike will start and run. I have no speedometer, odometer, fuel gauge, turn signals, 4 ways or brake lights........what is up with this? I turned the ignition on and off several times with no change in the condition. Mind you I don't even have the trailer hooked to the bike! I can't believe that it is a fuse problem because it is effecting too many circuits. Nee help quick! Mark
  22. I just installed a set of 4 ga battery cables. I cut the short red cable to leave the battery connector for the plug in and on the neg side did the same. Hope that makes sense. I also wired in a cigarette lighter for a cell charger, with a 10a fuse. Now I hear the rpm in my headset. Any thoughts? Steve
  23. Some of my riding buddies were complaining that they couldn't see my turn signals during daytime riding. They said they were just to dim. So, I dug out some dual-intensity LED lights that I had bought for another project (they are really bright...some of the best I found at any price), made some brackets to mount them on my saddlebag rails, and have them wired as running and turn signal lights. I'm happy about how they turned out. Now everyone behind me can actually see what I'm doing. give me a few minutes and I'll have the pix uploaded to my gallery.