Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

1. The outside controller for the water and ice has a small round door that opens so the ice can slide down from the ice maker through the round door into the glass. For no reason both the water and ice stopped dispensing and this small round door keeps opening and then after the small round door opens fully the spring then shuts the door quickly. This cycle occurs every about every 7 seconds give or take a second. Several lights on the controller door keeps flashing. The water dispenser was flowing water very fast to the filter today so it is not pluged. I have pretty much dismantled the the controller door, looking at the small mother board and the motor unit to the ice dispenser. This where I could use some suggestions please.
  2. Heard about this on the news today, an entire Ice Cream Thanksgiving Dinner. http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/ready-scoop-turkey-flavored-ice-cream-video-015056353.html An ice cream store in Arizona is offering some offbeat new flavors for the holiday season, including a turkey-flavored ice cream. Scooptacular owner Nindi Wadhwa tells a local CBS affiliate that his store will also be offering other Thanksgiving-themed flavors, including cranberry, pumpkin pie, sweet potato and sweet corn. "Customers ask what is that? Is that some kind of chocolate? And we tell them, 'No, it's the real deal.'" And Wadhwa means that literally. He and his employees handcraft their own ice cream flavors. And in the case of the Thanksgiving offerings, that means dropping portions of corn and turkey into the mixing batch. "We just wanted to have some fun with it," Wadhwa told CBS. "If you don't want to cook on Thanksgiving Day, you can come here and get it all in ice cream." So, what do the customers think? "It's the only food-flavored ice cream I've ever had," customer Ashley Steele told CBS. "I love it, and my kids love it."
  3. :Happy Birthday: Hope you had a great day and I'm guessing you must be doing something cause you aren't on. Eat lots of cake and ice cream and avoid those donut hole shops. Margaret & Jeff
  4. Check this out Haagen Daz has an ice cream moon. I don't know where you can get it, but I figured with this group I should share the info I saw. http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/technology-blog/moon-shaped-ice-cream-insanely-cool-impossible-eat-205857237.html Margaret
  5. NO, it does NOT feel good to be riding down the road relaxing with my legs stretched out on the front foot pegs, and to have a wasp fly up my left pant leg and crawl down my boot, only to start stinging the sh*t out of the heel of my foot! Pulled over ASAP! Hopping around on one foot while trying to rip off my boot while the damn wasp keeps stinging away! NOT FUNNY! I could just imagine what passer-byes were thinking. Now my foot is red, swollen and throbbing. Some grilled brats helped, now for the ice cream! Ice cream helps just about everything.
  6. :Happy Birthday: :Happy Birthday: Hope you have a great Day!!!!! Should be getting that trailer soon too. Get out for some Ice Cream!!! Margaret & Jeff
  7. Happy Birthday Big Tom! I hope you get to eat your fill of ice cream!:Happy Birthday: YAMA MAMA:smile5:
  8. .... The International Rally: Alan and I hope you all have a wonderful time, lots of riding and camaraderie..... and don't eat too much ice cream [Oh, and I'm winning the trailer LOL]
  9. As always, Craigslist cost me some more $$ today. Saw a simple ad for "cargo trailer" in the motorcycle section,clicked and it read "Shoreline cargo trailer. Works well". No pictures in the ad, no phone # but I sent a e-mail for more info and sent my phone #. I forgot about the ad then later this morning I get a call from the guy. I asked what kind of shape it was in and he said.....Well it has a few chips in the paint in the front from being towed and a small scuff in the paint on a back corner. I'm thinkin....wouldn't it be great if that were the ONLY issues?! I got the directions and headed over to look at it. It turns out he bought it new in 1981, used it gently for a few years then it sat in his barn "for a looooong time". His description was right on! When he first bought it he didn't like the short tongue and the way it towed and he wanted to get the ice chest out of the inside for more room so he made a new 1 piece tongue,added a rack for the ice chest,made a insulated cover for the ice chest then decided to build a rear bumper and have it chromed. He also said there were some problems with the wiring when it was new and instead of laying on the ground to work on the wiring,he built a really neat stand that slides under the trailer hooking on to the axle and rear frame section. Once the stand is under the trailer,you simply pick up the tongue and the trailer rolls on to the back and is VERY sturdy. This makes it a breeze to check the wiring,pack the bearings etc. He had the trailer stored on end in the barn for years. This demo of the stand gave me a good opportunity to inspect the bottom of the fiberglass and frame etc. Anyway, the fiberglass is in like new condition,the original paint is still in pretty good shape(good enough to use as is) and he included a chrome swivel hitch,the stand,the ice chest and cover and 2 new unmounted tires. It cost me about as much as a new HF tagalong would have but The Shoreline is built much better IMO. So far my only plans are to change out the bulbs for LEDs,clean,inspect and pack the bearings,mount new tires and change the plug out to one that will hook to my bike. I couldn't resist and took it to town,loaded up 80 pounds of dog food and a weeks worth of groceries and it pulled fine. I haven't had time to clean the barn dust off yet but it don't look too bad............ http://i47.tinypic.com/30139ea.jpg http://i49.tinypic.com/1zoak95.jpg
  10. Breakfast Saturday 5-19 2012 at Leon's on Michigan Ave just East of Telegraph 23830 Michigan ave Dearborn 48124. Maybe after go for a ride for some ICE CREAM. Anyone interested let me know. Joe
  11. So. I added Oberlin,OH to my weather map saved locations this morning in anticipation of MD. it came up with 34F for today. Is Don going to offer electric oil heaters to the campers? Ice fishing on the pond?
  12. Can't seem to find a thread on this. Does anyone use engine ice as their coolant in the RSV?
  13. The local CTV tv station has a fishing show that covers some different types of winter ice fishing in the area around Regina SK. My favourite episode is the best bait for Pike, it was shot about 30 minutes north of town about a week ago. http://regina.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20101209/sask-reg-reel-101209/20120110/?hub=Regina
  14. E-Fishin-C...where you at? Out on the ice fishin or ?
  15. First off I live in Iowa, we have "winters" here. The city of Oskaloosa (where we live) lets us drive on rotten streets all spring & summer long. (Pot hole central I'm talking about). Our great city (cough, cough) runs all over the city filling pot holes, but only in the VERY, VERY late fall. Now with "winter" comes snow and ice, the snow and ice fill any pot holes that the city missed so we get smooth roads for 2 to 3 months. The snow plows drag out all the nice "shovel tapped in" blacktop patches, so when the snow and ice melts in early spring, we have ALL our holes back plus a few more till the next FALL! Questions > > WHY can't they fill the holes in the "spring" time and we have smooth roads all summer and fall and ice filled smooth roads in winter? > What is the point of filling them in, to be drug out by the snow plows and busting your snow blower when you hit a nice sized chunk? > Is this some unwriten law by this city that states (Tho shall not have good roads but pay MAJOR road use taxes)? This has bugged me for the last 20 years of living here. Should I run for city engineer? Bet I could win,,, just promise smooth streets! Thank you, Bryan
  16. Did you ever wonder why there are no dead penguins on the ice in Antarctica - Where do they go ? Wonder no more ! ! ! It is a known fact that the penguin is a very ritualistic bird which lives an extremely ordered and complex life. The penguin is very committed to its family and will mate for life, as well as maintaining a form of compassionate contact with its offspring throughout its life. If a penguin is found dead on the ice surface, other members of the family and social circle have been known to dig holes in the ice, using their vestigial wings and beaks, until the hole is deep enough for the dead bird to be rolled into and buried. The male penguins then gather in a circle around the fresh grave and sing: "Freeze a jolly good fellow" "Freeze a jolly good fellow." Then they kick him in the ice hole. :rotfl:
  17. So Mama asks me to go up to the store and pick up a couple of things she needs. I didn't want to get out of the recliner, but she also mentioned Ice Cream. I moved.... On the way to the store I get behind a neat little Honda Trail 90. Mint condition. We both stop at the signal light on the main drag and wait. We get a green light and arrow. The Honda goes across the blvd, I make a left. The Honda gets to the other side of the 4 lanes and I'm about 20 feet behind him making the left and right between us a late model Toyota type flys thru the intersection doing about 40mph. Scared the living cr@p out of me. Missed the front end of the Suburban by 2 feet. If I had been in a hurry I'd have been laying next to Ponch. Not really sure I would have made it, and if the driver had hit the Honda he'd have killed him.... Whew!! Ice Cream tasted extra special tonight....
  18. kenw

Dry ice

Has anyone ever pulled a dent out of sheet metal? My wife has a dent in her vehicle and I heard that dry ice can shrink the metal and pop out the dent (not large), and was wondering if anyone has ever tried it. Thanks
  19. Attention Vodka and ice will ruin your kidneys, Rum and ice will ruin your liver, Whiskey and ice will ruin your heart, Gin and ice will ruin your brain, Coke and ice will ruin your teeth... Apparently ice is LETHAL !!! Warn your friends; lay off the ice!!
  20. Yes today is National Ice Cream Day and with this group it's a major holiday. Check your local ice cream places most will have some sort of special today. I think Carvel is giving out a ice cream cup for kids free with an adult purchase, cold stone creamery also has something can't remember what. But get out and celebrate folks!!!! It's your VR.org duty to eat some ice cream today. Margaret
  21. True write up in the Flint Journal. Guess you could also say Ice Cream and Booze don't mix. EGELSTON TOWNSHIP — Jeremy Allen Baldwin probably wishes the tub of lemon chiffon ice cream he allegedly stole from an Egelston Township shop Sunday hadn’t melted during his intoxicated walk back home. Had it not been for “splatters” of melted ice cream leading investigators from Joni’s Cones, 5283 E. Apple, to a partially eaten tub of ice cream and Baldwin’s cell phone, the 22-year-old Egelston Township man may have gotten away with it. http://media.mlive.com/chronicle/news_impact/photo/9518430-small.jpgMuskegon County Jail Jeremy Allen Baldwin, 22. Instead, Baldwin is facing a 10-year felony for allegedly breaking into the ice cream shop early Sunday morning during what police say was a drinking bender. Baldwin, of 859 Chandler, was arraigned Tuesday in Muskegon County's 60th District Court before Chief Judge Harold F. Closz III on one count of breaking and entering of a building with intent. A preliminary examination is slated for 9:30 a.m. May 10. Closz set his bond at $20,000 cash or surety and — noting that Baldwin is unemployed — granted him a public defender. According to the Muskegon County Sheriff’s Office report, Baldwin had been drinking “whiskey and beer all night” Saturday and early Sunday before walking from a nearby party to the ice cream shop. Police said Baldwin allegedly entered the shop through a window and once inside, ate ice cream and ransacked the place before walking off with the 3-gallon tub of lemon chiffon. Investigators at the scene found Baldwin's shoes and followed “ice cream splatters on the sidewalk” eventually to a cell phone that was traced back to Baldwin, whose wallet was also located in the general area. On Tuesday, Mike Bowen, 26, one of the owner’s of Joni’s Cones, said Sunday's incident was "odd." Bowen discovered the break-in had occurred Sunday morning when he drove by the shop and saw a pair of shoes outside the door and screens ripped off the windows. Upon further inspection, Bowen realized nothing — other than ice cream — had been taken. “He took a 3-gallon tub of lemon chiffon ice cream that he left on Apple Avenue,” Bowen said. “He also ate some of a 3-gallon tub of Blue Moon that was left inside.” Bowen said because the shop hadn’t been opened for the season, there was “no money there.” “I don’t know what he planned on gaining from it, besides a trip to jail,” Bowen said. Once investigators identified Baldwin as a suspect Sunday, they spoke to the still-intoxicated man at his mother’s Chandler Street home and again at the sheriff’s office, authorities said. Baldwin told police during the interview that: “If you found my shoes next to the ice cream shop door, then I must have broken into it,” the report said. “He said that it wouldn’t surprise him or anyone else if he did break into this business because he does do stupid things like that when he is drunk,” the report said. Baldwin told investigators that he has a “drinking problem” and on Sunday likely “blacked out from all the alcohol he drank.” A friend who had driven Baldwin to the party Saturday night was interviewed Sunday. That man told police he is aware of Baldwin’s “problem with drinking” and referenced a previous night of drinking at a friend’s Twin Lake home. “He said that the next day they found him miles away sleeping in someone’s yard, and he had no idea how he got there,” the report said.
  22. Happy Birthday, David! Here's wishes to a wonderful day with bike riding, cake and ice cream!!!
  23. On June 18th I am riding to Brewton,Al., for their Blueberry Festival. I will leaving Exit 19, Satsuma exit on I 65, truck stop, at 8:15am all are welcome to ride with me. We are going to ride back roads on HWY 31. If you want to meet us along the way just email me or call me at 251-649-0180. If you like blueberries and ice cream this is the ride for you. Gene Weir Gulf Coast Motorcycle Safety
  24. Wishing you a Happy birthday and many more .. Will see you soon taking you out for a Birthday Dinner and Ice cream Love you Peg !!!!!!!!
  25. I need a dose of MD....looking forward to seeing all my "OLD FRIENDS" and making new ones.....Boomer, I will be returning the pygmies that you hid in my saddlebags last year.... I don't want to have any part of them nasty little cusses... I told them you missed them and that you would let them eat all the ice cream they want at MD if they will come along peaceably......looking forward to seeing everyone, even the butterfly loving boss man Freeburp !:rotf: Now all I have to do is decide which thong to wear..... Annie, I wont need a name tag, I be the guy waiting at the ice cream freezer on THURSDAY....... :fnd_(16): :fnd_(16): :fnd_(16): :fnd_(16): :fnd_(16): :fnd_(16): :fnd_(16): :fnd_(16): :fnd_(16): :fnd_(16):