Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

1. I recently found out that my Stator is bad. I have a new high-output stator and rectifier, but I am not sure about the install. I have not found the manual very helpful in the removal or installation of these parts either. I am worried that this is a little beyond my repair abilities and was hoping to find some pictures that walk you through the process. Anyone have any ideas? Lyle Donnelson
  2. Today Eileen and I celebrate 19 wonderful years as husband and wife. Some years have been better than others but all have been better than they would have been without her by my side. I'm hoping for at LEAST 19 more.
  3. Not one that I really wanted to join. About 2 weeks ago I started waking up in the middle of the night with a raging headache that was felt mostly behind the eyes. Went to the Dr. today because I couldnt shake this mornings headache, had to miss work, so went to the Dr. and now I have to take another med for high blood pressure. I am hoping the Dr. gets it right with the meds the first time, everyone I know has to take a couple of different ones before they hit on the right one. Starting out on Diovan, hope it works, cant take the headaches any longer.
  4. My Son just called me and said he has no fluid in his transmission? he said it would only do 25 mph said fluid was on the tip of the stick hoping he did not burn up the transmission? waiting for him to call me back and let me know. He dint know where he was at other than being by I-40 so I am waiting for him to call me back he said he would look at his gps and let me know where hes at If I need help I'm hoping someone in AZ can help me out as he is heading back to Camp Pendleton I will post what I find out asap my phone number is in my profile
  5. Guest

Sena Users

Sena is introducing a new SM10 Bluetooth Stereo Audio Adapter- Interesting to see it will interface with the Goldwings on board audio system-DIN 5 pin to 3.5mm 3 pole audio cable- I am hoping it will work for the Ventures on board audio system..I am very pleased with the SMH-10 and if this does work, it will be the cat's meow...
  6. ... and comparatively speaking feels fine after the C-section. The worst she feels is hungry. She's not even using the morphine pump that much. Nurses won't let her eat anything more than chicken broth and crackers yet...I'm hoping that I can sneak in a nice steak dinner for her tomorrow. And now, pics... A couple of which confirms that he is, in fact, a boy. http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v281/GAWildKat/JT%20pics/
  7. .......... the man in front of me was hiding from the Ghostbusters on a second floor balcony. Hoping they would pass by without noticing him. [ATTACH]71102[/ATTACH]
  8. I ride that route several days a week. It would take nerves to walk out into traffic there. The hospital is only a few minutes from there and I'm sure the man knew he could get him to help before help could get to him. Hoping for a good recovery for the rider. http://www.ketv.com/news/local-news/Mystery-man-saves-motorcyclist-s-life/-/9674510/15851280/-/eli0nez/-/index.html Mike
  9. Where do those who have saddle bag racks get them?? It is hard in the UK to source good parts & so far can't find any. Was hoping for tubular ones to match the rack on the trunk. Thanks if you can assist.
  10. MamaMo

Life Update

To catch everyone up. Left Sheetz Feb 2011 Started with Subway April 2011 Gall Bladder Surgery April 2011 then back to work. Fell at work June 1, 2011 hurt back. Dr put off work totally for 2 months. Light duty work now forever thanks to fall. Didnt get to ride the bike at all last year. Worked part time doing Court house research from Aug-Dec 2011. Just went to work part time for Froggys Company last week. Looks like this could grow to a full time position. Now waiting for summer, plan on getting that bike ride. :-) Two beach trips already planned. Hoping maybe a weekend trip to the beach with a friend in the middle. LIFE IS GOOD. One door may close but one will always open too. Hoping to make a meet n eat or may be Asheville 2012. Got to get some time in with my Venturerider FAMILY.
  11. well as i move forward will getting my bike roadworthy i'm researching seat improvements for my wife and i. i've been searching all over the site and see some info, but i thought i just start a thread to streamline the ideas. i have the 83 bike and it seems the rear seat is narrower than say some of the newer ventures. will the seats from the 86 1300 fit onto my 83 1200?? will they be more comfortable?? the rear seat looks like its wider and i think that will help my wife. i'm hoping to run 500 mile days with her and want to make it as nice as possible for her. i'm also interested in a back rest for myself and some kind of arm rests for the rear. let me know what works. i'm hoping to find some more economical comfort versions before i'd go all out russel day if you follow, but let me know what you guys think will help. i've seen some of the higher back rests on the mkII with little arm supports... will they fit onto my trunk or do i need the whole trunk and would that fit onto my first gen? thanks
  12. kenw

Goin bionic

My doc just informed me its time to start thinking about a knee replacement. I remember people talking about their experiences with this and was hoping for some feedback about what to watch out for! Is one brand knee better than another? Thanks, Kenw
  13. I was hoping more members would have read this article if I posted it someplace else besides the watering hole, but out of all the members we have only 112 have done so,which I find disheartening. I may catch some flak from the moderators and the boss, but I feel very strongly about this as those who know me personally know. 12 year old girl looses battle to cancer...........
  14. Looking for a radio controll module. The one under the front fairing.So if anyone is parting out a crashed bike or replacing their radio with something else please let me know.I saw pinwall had one for $300 was hoping to find one for less than that.
  15. In need of 1 handle bar nut cover for 86 Vr. While on a trip last week with the kids, one of my plastic covers that hide the nut to adjust handle bars came flying off. Hoping someone will have this small item, Gladly pay for it and shipping. Thanks Gil
  16. I need some help.... it seems that whoever borrowed my steering head tool has not returned it yet,,,, I know I lent it to somebody, but the somebodies I asked so far deny having it,,,, so either I forgot who I lent it too or I haven't asked the right body yet. So I'm hoping that there is nice-body who might be able to help me out in the dilemma.
  17. Hola, Not sure where the best place to post this is but I need a rear caliper for a 2008 RSTD and a rear disk. I know i can find them online (expensive) was hoping someone may have one just laying around they would part with for a reasonable price. Thanks SJ
  18. Does any one know if there are any of our members who live in Joplin, Mo? I just wondered and was hoping that no one was hurt in the horrible tornado that they had this week. Yama Mama
  19. Hello: 67mini67 is leaving Washington state today, on his way to Freebirds MD. Stopping in Colorado overnite on Sunday. Hoping to stop here in Western Nebraska for lunch on Monday, I look forward to meeting him. Wishing him safe travels.
  20. As many of you are aware Don (Gunboat) has the early stages of Prostate Cancer. Today is the day that he goes in for his surgery. If you would please keep him in your prayers. I dont often come on and ask for things like this, but Don is one of my very best friends and I love him dearly. Here's hoping for a successful surgery and full recovery.
  21. Last nite at Girbralter Trade Center in Mount Clemens I saw a all black Venture. I've seen it there before and even put a Venturerider card on it hoping to get a new member. Is it anybody from here?
  22. but than again who knows. Put on my new windshield last weekend and have not had a chance to try it out. Here's hoping today is the day!
  23. Picked up this 77 Honda CB550 to rehab with my 17 year old daughter. We have been talking about it for years, but I realized I only have a year and a half left. Hoping to take it back as close to original as we can get it. http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj302/ThomWill/The%20Honda%20Rebuild/100_0489.jpg
  24. So call me crazy, but I've had this '06 MV for two months and I want to go for a nice long ride. My wife's niece is getting married on May 5th in Detroit Lakes, MN, so I'm trying to plan on leaving Carlsbad CA on Friday April 29th, have to be back to work on Tuesday, May 10th. Up I-15 north to somewhere in Colorado or Wyoming or Montana and east-northeast to Fargo/Detroit Lakes. Any ideas, comments, psychiatric care, or whatever is appreciated. I figure it's about 2K miles each way, planning on about 500 per day. If the weather that area is currently getting continues, it's probably not going to happen, but I'm hoping it'll be warm enough to go. We did a 315 mile each way 2 weeks ago, the Butler Mod helped alot, and we could have gone for a couple hundred more easy... what's everybody think about this idea? thanks! Brian
  25. Greetings again fellow Venturers ! In 2009 I met a very nice couple at „Freebirds Maintenance Day“ and we started talking. They asked if I was taking the bike back to Iceland and I told them no, but it was getting a little bit to expensive to store it in Woddstock/Bearsville NY at a repair shop (600 US$ + a year ) so I would have to figure out another way. This nice couple then told me that they lived in East Pensylvania about two hours from JFK and that they could possiblie store the bike for me if I wanted. I did write down their name but when I got home from the trip I had lost the note. So,,,I am hoping that they will read this and get in contact with me. It is prettty far fetched but I am hoping that they will stumble upon this. The only description I have is that they were both around 40 to 50 years old and very pleasant. If anybody in the club knows this couple by this detailed (hmmm,,,) description above or have any suggestions then please let me know. Apart from the bike storage I would very much want to get in touch with them again. Friendly regards from Iceland, StarFan Jonas Th. Lilliendahl and Margret S. Bjornsdottir jonaslill@istak.is