Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

1. I was reading some old threads and it refers to draining all 4 carb bowls. For the sake of curiosity, how do you do it? Also, is this something that should be done at the end of the riding season for winter storage?
  2. Just getting ready to put Bertha away for 4 or 5 months and plan on oiling up all the chrome bits. I'm usually VERY careful about NOT getting oil on anything but the chrome....but I may not have TIME to be as careful this year. How bad would a certain amount of WD40 overspray be on the tupperware?
  3. hey all I just got a set of walmart driving light (18 bucks ) going to put them on the 83 . there are no other accessaries at all strickly stock bike. im thinking of just hooking them up just wires and switch that they came with complety seperate from anything else and get power from acess. fuse top of fuse block. lighted switch going through panel next to left storage box , and just turn em on when i want. anyone see any problems with this? i am planing to add more lighting to side and rear later on but im sure those will be led,s ..
  4. Does anyone know how many liters of storage capacity the MK2 has?
  5. Hey fellow riders, I have a brand new to me 2007 Midnight Venture, only back and forth to work and quick trips so far, just filled up for the first time since I brought it home full. Mostly pleased so far, its a giant compared to any other Ive owned. We are gonna put about 500 miles on it this weekend and Ive never had so much storage. No camping, just 3 days of ride time, friends house etc. So whats in your bags? I havent really got anything organized in there, but have the stock tool kit- unlooked at yet, jackets, chaps, gloves, snacks, water, cleaning stuff, the highway pegs that just got here, uuhmmm- thats about it;)
  6. Hi All I converted the cassette deck to a storage area this afternoon. It worked out quite nicely which I plan to keep my Ipod and garage door opener in. I followed the the instructions from the following link to ventures.org. http://www.venturers.org/Tech_Library/index.php?action=article&cat_id=002003&id=386 I attached some photos after the project. Dwight
  7. I'm looking for ideas for mounting speakers on the trunk top or sides or ????? I don't really want to reduce storage space. Could you all post pics of the set up you have....along with any pro or cons of that set up.
  8. Darnitall if I can find a thread I know I saw not too long ago. Subject matter: converted the space (some of it, at least) where the radio equipment used to be into a fine looking storage cubby. Pretty sure it was either stainless or aluminum. Somebody point me to that thread(s) please! Thanks!
  9. I need a right side storage compartment lid for my 84. I need the full size lid. Let me know, thanks, Ray
  10. eds

Step 1

Step 1: get out of Storage Step 2: RIDE IT. Bit cold but can't think of any other year I was riding any distance in March.[ATTACH]64925[/ATTACH]5[/ATTACH]
  11. Guys I ship 5 plus bikes a year, I purchased a bike back in November in boston, Hire this shipping company: www.dreamridetransport.com I just got the bike today. At one point I had thought It was a lost cause. The shipper called the week after he picked it up and said he had broke down in N.C. I wasnt sure why he was there as he was dropping off in Florida then headed up to Memphis. Communication Started to get less and less, his phone numbers got shut off, I called the local law enforcement where his business was and he was using an alias. Finally after relentless pursuit the guy TOM GREGG called and told me that my bike was in storage in North Carolina. I called to confirm set up my own shipper and it was picked up, I of course had to pay a small storage fee as the shipped had stopped paying it. I received my bike with no keys or paperwork. This guy works independently and off uship.
  12. tbbrider

seafoam

How much seafoam do you use in a tankful of gas for winter storage and how is the best way to winterize your bike?
  13. The bikes are soon going into cold storage. I read someplace that it is good to wash and dry the bike (dedicated to the bike leaf blower) and then use spray wax. You do not wipe it off. I plan on using Ice wax. Yeas or nays? Just to save the responses I also plan on an oil change and Seafoam or Stabil in the tank.
  14. Don't know if this is the right place to post this or not, but do any of you guys know of a good trunk rack for 2nd gens? The one from Star Motorcycles is expensive and, frankly, looks a little small. I'd like to spend a little less money, and I need to know that what I'm getting will fit a Venture. We're going on a 2 1/2 to 3 week trip next summer and a little more storage room would be nice. We've gone on the road for two weeks before and getting everything inside the hard bags is a tight squeeze sometimes, and we travel light! Ride Safe! 1/2crazed
  15. Looks like I have to go abroad for 12 months Any tips on storing a bike for 12 months. Any issues with leaving it in cold storage? Could get 25 degrees below zero in the winter. Any tips or recommendations are appreciated
  16. We cannot thank jethroish and Spider and their wives enough for all the help they provided Tues helping unload the moving truck and trailer. They went above and beyond, even helped reload the truck with stuff for storage and then helped load into storage. I honestly dont know what we would have done without them since i wasnt much help other than putting things away. We would probably still be unloading..lol again we are reminded of the awesome people who are members here who constantly go above and beyond for others. still a few things back in missouri to get here yet, and i am slowly getting things put away......have too much stuff to fit in here thats for sure, in a townhouse/ duplex for now with no garage. again thanks so much for helping, sorry it took me so long to post as im anxious to finish and have some r & r time !!
  17. .. of this .... http://spokane.craigslist.org/mcy/2477091080.html [ATTACH]58559[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]58560[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]58561[/ATTACH] A 2007 Lees-ure Lite Excel tent trailer manufactured in Osoyoos, BC. http://www.leesurelite.com/tenttrailers.asp This unit includes the following options ... 5 ft Awning (c/w poles, pegs, ropes) 5 ft Add-a-room 7 ft Screened awning (c/w poles, pegs, ropes) Foam mattress with removable cover Storage pod Rain tarp Wide tire upgrade Aluminum storage container Swivel coupler New cost of this unit is just under $7,400. We found a few others but not all had the options that this one does and most were higher priced. Thanks so much to 67mini67 for his original post of this unit and for going and checking it out for us. We expect to pick it up on our return trip from Cody. Consideration was given to getting it en-route to Cody and using it while there but we had no way to haul our other necessary camping gear down to Spokane. This unit will be used occasionally over the next 3 years but is primarilly for our extended tour when we retire.
  18. My wife finaly road on our new to us 2004 RSV. Our last bike was a GW so I was concerned how she would like this bike. She really enjoyed it and said it was very comfortable. I was planning on adding armrest figuring she would want them because she had them on the GW. To my surprise she liked the bike without them, she likes holding the handles and is very comfortable. She did say she would like me to get a drivers backrest with a storage pouch in the back so she can put stuff in it. That was her only complaint is lack of reachable storage. So I went from needing to buy armrest for her to buying a backrest for me, I'm a lucky man. Now I just need to find out who makes a backrest with a storage pouch.
  19. Hi Everyone - This is my first time here and I am from Woodbury, MN. Some guys on the Venture Rider's Facebook page told me there are some brilliant people here. Has anyone else had problems with their Royal Star shooting gas out of the carbs when it comes out of winter storage? I bought my 2006 RSTD brand new in 2008 and this has happened to me 2 times in 3 years! Last time it cost me $500 to have the carbs cleaned out. I followed the storage-prep instructions to a T. Very frustrating. What do I need to do to get it road-ready again. I'm not mechanically inclined and I am very disturbed at the thought of having to spend $500 for the 2nd time in 3 years to solve the problem. Thanks! Mike
  20. THIS IS THE ULTIMATE GARAGE AND STORAGE click below... http://bcove.me/a52ky1yi
  21. well i have been working on the bike up in a storage place had it apart then put it back together almost the radiator and all are back on the bike except for the shroud. now i have been working on the bike up there on and off for maybe a week. well yesterday the new worker up there called the owner and said that i been working on my motorcycle. for hours on end? well to make a long story short the owners called me and said you can not work on stuff in storage place? hmm i said it says no where in my contract that i can not? they went on to say i could wreck there unit with oil gas ect ect? i there by went and showed them some pictures of a lawncare service repairing there items and there unit is full of lawn mowers that are being worked on and there is gas oil ect ect on the floor huge stains. she said well he mows the place they own? see where this is going? i said ok if someone rents a unit and say there car motorcyle ect ect is broke down they must call a tow truck to do a minor job? say the car has a few flat tires from sitting or a motorcycle we can not air them up as you would call that working on them? she said yes that is inproper use of a storage unit? but we will allow you to air them up but you can not install battery or replace a tire? well now im going WTF? so i now go in after 6pm when there not there as i need to get the tires up and put the shroud back on the radiator and fill it up even if a small hose might be leaking/ i can not take it apart again to fix it i did tighten it up but left before i could put antifreeze in it. so im going to sneak up there latter sunday and fill it and check for a leak if it leaks by that hose at least the motor cooling system will have antifreeze in it for next winter? then i will be looking for a new place for the bike as i can not ride it in the condition its in and my back is going out on me.. so thats how my week went ..
  22. just wanted to say thank you for the radiator it got here today. i had a friend test my old one and sure enough the upper core where the cap goes on has a small split in it that was makeing it run across the top and down the other side makeing me think it was leaking on that side. yours my friend looks like a brand new one. and you included the fan and the cap. now how is that for a great man? i wont be installing this for a few days my bike is up in a storage shead and the temp around here the next few days is going to hit the hight 90,s with heat index in the 105 range so im not going into a metal storage shead to work in that kind of temp. but i will keep ya posted on when i get it done.
  23. today i took the bike out for a warm up ride. i let it warm up its running rough. must have had the winter blues? anyways i just drove up the block to an old abandon grocery store and drove around the parking lot. huge lot. i rode around for about an hour. just getting the feel of the bike again and with this knee brace on the left leg. well i stopped the bike. got off and went around back to take care of some personal buisness. went and tried to start the bike. starter turned over slow like a bad battery? battery showed it was low on the green down below 12? well i went oh crap. my car is just down the road a block. i will go and get the battery booster out of the storage shed. then i thought well i drink my gatoraide before i slow walk down there. well after about 15 minutes i said let me try it again. turned on the switch. hit the starter button and vroom it started. but im hearing a strange noise? not sure if its the starter or the water pump? a whirrrrrrrrrrr noise? thought the starter button was stuck. but recalled i replaced the whole throttle and starter button with a nice working one. just before i put the bike up for storage. oh i bought a new battery just before i out it away too. and will need to do the sensor mod. have to figure out how to do that after installing skydocs fuse panel. anyways what could it be?
  24. Has anyone used the vacume storage bags with the hand held pump for traveling? I'm planning for a June trip and thinking I might try one of this.
  25. well the bike is put away for the winter. and i went out today to find some seafoam to put in for the winter. i been every where from napa to o,rileys none on the shelves. but napa said they had a sister store 40 miles up the road and thay have a case of it. i then asked if they could have them send down a few cans? only need one but thought i would be nice and get 2 just for the hassle of them sending them to this store. the man said no but if you order the whole case we can do it? 12 cans at $8.50 per can? i politely left mubbling under my breath.. so question is? any other additive i can add? i once tried stabil in a motorcyle once and my carbs gummed up. STP any good? or just add carb cleaned to the tank? and let sit? i will not do anything till i figure it out. also since i now clean the storage office on weekends. yep got a little part time job. i clean and get free storage. and around 30 bucks for gas. thats my pay. so i thought hey would it hurt the bike to start it every weekend and just let it warm up for 15 or so minutes? then shut it down? this should keep the carbs in good working order. but still have some aditive in the tank..