Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

Found 9 results

1. I know and have seen where enterprizing folks have converted Honda Valkyrie's to feul injection even one with multi-port injection, but mostly to throttle body FI and most were supercharged also, if its possible on the valkyrie why not on the RSV. Why can't we make a manifold and use a single side draft throttle body with proper CFM and fuel flow. Point out all the problems to me. Gregg
  2. No, not thinking of putting a car tire on a 1st Gen. Instead, thinking about replacing the four carb mess with a single carburetor and manifold similar to what is done on the Goldwings. Has anyone tried this? Were you successful? Inquiring minds want to know.
  3. Maybe some of you are old enough to remember way back when in the days of Model A Fords, Oasis Desert Bags that hung in front of radiators, and evoporative swamp coolers that hung in the side window. Mom and Dad used to cook meals on the exhaust manifold of the motor. Ate a lot of hot meals while traveling cross country from NY to CA in the '40's that way. Pot roasts, beef stews, hot dogs, baked potatoes. Now that was roughing it. Just wondering if anyone has ever tried doing this on a Venture??? Maybe those that tow a tent trailer??? Found this site on Google. Manifold Cooking Plus a bunch of others.....
  4. Getting ready to tear into my 88Vr to do carbs, valve adjust etc. OringsUSA.com sells most any type/size of O-ring cheap $0.50 for quality viton vs $6 each from dealer. Based on Yammy part number the Manifold to head O-rings are 45mm, not sure of thickness. Anybody ever gotten these from other sources than Yammy. What do you guys use to set float levels. I'm thinking you need to have a replacement bowl plug with a nipple threaded in to accept some clear tubing. This is the best forum ever to answer these cheap bastard (which I am) questions.
  5. I am new to the Venture and need some help on maintenance. Can anyone tell me if there would be a problem with putting a 1992 v-max intake manifold and carberator on my 1987 Venture?
  6. Has anyone made a single carb manifold for the Yamaha V4?
  7. Decided to check my Carb Sync today, was getting set up, and warming up the engine. What do I hear ? the sucking sound from #1 Carb. Pretty loud. So, 3 hours of work, pulling out the intake manifold, and replaceing. Oh well, runs good now. OH, It did NOT RAIN, in Seattle today !!! Sunshine, and about 65 deg F. FINALLY!! Some hint of Global Warming !!! Hmmm,,, might go rideing tomorrow.
  8. Need to replace the exhaust gaskets on both rear cylinders (someone took the old ones off and didn't replace them. No wonder there's a leak) I noticed the manifold slips into the bracket bolted to the cylinder so I take it I have to drop the manifold to pull it out to get the gaskets in place? I have the shop manual printed out but seems the one page that shows removal is corrupted in the PDF file (figures) So any advice on doing this?
  9. I have little to no vaccum on one cylinder on the 86. It will not read on the carbtune, althou you can feel a little on the tube at manifold and if you take the restrictor out the rod will move up about an inch and bounce. I did a compression check this evening and all cylinders were around 200 plus or minus 4 lbs., which the manual says 199 is the high side with 142 being minumum and 171 standard. I have tried spraying WD40 around the carb boots with no rise in rpm. I checked the tube at manifold with a torch cleaning tip and felt no obstructions. All this was advice from Muffinman, Jeff I rechecked the compression on 1 and 2 only turning it over 3 times and the front cylinder read 150 and the rear 90lbs. Any one else have any suggestions?????????