Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

1. For the members in the states that do not require bike riders to wear helmets, how many always wear a helmet. I usually always wear mine; however Ron only wears his on a trip on the interstate. I was just curious. Mama:322:
  2. I just ordered a new Commander II along with a new Dunlop E-3 to replace my existing E-3's as Michelin doesn't make a 150 for the front. Anyone done this yet? Ron
  3. Any word from Pakidaho, Ride2much, NRXtreme or Idaho Ron concerning the fire in Idaho?
  4. I just want to say a big thanks to Mark, Warrior/Honeybee, for all the effort and enthuasiam that he put into our Asheville Rally this year. He did a great job and made a great get together even better. I also want to thank Ron, Sylwoody, and his wife Katrina for also bringing a fantastic setup for us to gather and be able to get out of the rain and hangout. And, again this year, they brought some incrediblely good wine that Ron's father makes. They stayed over with us Sunday night and we had a great ride over the Blue Ridge Parkway Sunday to Cherokee and had a great meal at Grannie's Restaurant. I just can not believe the weekend is over with. RandyA
  5. Just wondering if anyone has taken there wiskers off the fairing and how does it look....?They really don't strike my fansey. and just where is my gas filter??? Ron
  6. Does anyone here with a Rivco centerstand also have the leveling links installed? Does it work OK with the links? Thanks, Ron
  7. Just to let you all know, that Ron and I never have any plans usually. Some how June 2 must be the international date for any event to be planned on. First my school is having a retirement party for me and two teachers on June 2. My great nephew is graduating from Medical school on June 2. I used to baby sit him when he was in kindergarten. But Ron and I are coming to Freebird's June 2! I refuse to give up my favorite event of the year. I hope the rest can forgive me! Yama Mama
  8. I met Ron in Bancroft today at a planning meeting for some renovations that need doing there. I rode my bike the 5 hrs return He owns an 86 VR and was asking if I might know why his cruise control did'nt work. I asked if he could start the bike while NOT in neutral...he said "no" so I suggested it could be his clutch switch...or possibly his sidestand switch. I also suggested he check out this site for MUCH better technical assistance than I could ever provide. So Ron....if you read this WELCOME....there are a few threads with titles like "is this site worth the $12".. read some of them and decide for yourself. The folks here are a pretty decent bunch...relatively speaking!
  9. I,m thinking of takeing the clear wings off below the fairing or are they needed to protect the forks.. I thought they might let the air flow a little better on the hot days Ron
  10. This is too funny It is important for men to remember that, as women grow older, it becomes harder for them to maintain the same quality of housekeeping as when they were younger. When you notice this, try not to yell at them. Some are oversensitive, and there's nothing worse than an oversensitive woman. My name is Ron. Let me relate how I handled the situation with my wife, Carol Anne. When I retired a few years ago, it became necessary for Carol Anne to get a full-time job, along with her part-time job, both for extra income and for the health benefits that we needed. Shortly after she started working, I noticed she was beginning to show her age. I usually get home from the golf club about the same time she gets home from work. Although she knows how hungry I am, she almost always says she has to rest for half an hour or so before she starts dinner. I don't yell at her. Instead, I tell her to take her time and just wake me when she gets dinner on the table. I generally have lunch in the Men's Grill at the club, so eating out is not reasonable. I'm ready for some home-cooked grub when I hit that door. She used to do the dishes as soon as we finished eating. But now it's not unusual for them to sit on the table for several hours after dinner. I do what I can by diplomatically reminding her several times each evening that they won't clean themselves. I know she really appreciates this, as it does seem to motivate her to get them done before she goes to bed. Another symptom of aging is complaining, I think. For example, she will say that it is difficult for her to find time to pay the monthly bills during her lunch hour.. But, Boys, we take 'em for better or worse, so I just smile and offer encouragement. I tell her to stretch it out over two, or even three days. That way, she won't have to rush so much. I also remind her that missing lunch completely now and then wouldn't hurt her any (if you know what I mean).. I like to think tact is one of my strong points. When doing simple jobs, she seems to think she needs more rest periods. She had to take a break when she was only half-finished mowing the yard. I try not to make a scene. I'm a fair man. I tell her to fix herself a nice, big, cold glass of freshly squeezed lemonade and just sit for a while. And, as long as she is making one for herself, she may as well make one for me, too. I know that I probably look like a saint in the way I support Carol Anne. I'm not saying that showing this much consideration is easy. Many men will find it difficult. Some will find it impossible! Nobody knows better than I do how frustrating women get as they get older. However, Guys, even if you just use a little more tact and less criticism of your aging wife because of this article, I will consider that writing it was well worthwhile. After all, we are put on this earth to help each other. EDITOR'S NOTE: Ron died suddenly on January 31 of a perforated rectum. The police report says he was found with a Calloway extra-long 50-inch Big Bertha Driver II golf club jammed up his rear end, with barely 5 inches of grip showing, and a sledge hammer laying nearby. His wife Carol Anne was arrested and charged with murder. The all-woman jury took only 10 minutes to find her Not Guilty, accepting her defense that Ron, somehow without looking, accidentally sat down on his golf club.
  11. Logo came off and broke..need one or two if anyone has any..out ov warrent 06 RSTD. Ron
  12. I am sure I saw someone at one time who does leather work. But my rememberer is not so good. lol I would like them to Pm or phone me. So we can talk...............Ron
  13. Put new graphics on the bike, It really looks good.Hundred bucks well spent. Now I need to find out the member who does the windshield leather work.......Ron
  14. in VEGAS or NY city for 9-11-2011 a Decade of Remembrance you will miss out on one heck of an event. Book early from 9-8 2011 to 9-12-2011 More to come.................Ron
  15. I read this today in Belt Drive Betty's Facebook Blog, (she runs a Canadian Bikers Newsletter and Biker Friendly Business Directory). I thought it was worth sharing with everyone and especially those who dont wear gear or ensure their passengers wear full gear. Here is her website http://www.beltdrivebetty.com I know I was young once. Of that I am quite sure. And I know when I was young I took chances some smarter than others but... I have become highly critical of those who wear things like sandals and flip flops when they ride. When I pull up beside some dude who has his gal on the back of his motorcycle - and she is wearing a bikini or shorts and a halter/tank top, sandals/flip flops and a full faced helmet I want to SCREAM - I WANT TO RAGE - I want to ask him "Do you not value the life of that pretty young thing behind you?" I have been asking you for feedback on buying new gear....today I ask about foot wear...the following story has a lot to do with why I am the way I am when it comes to my feelings about good gear. Back in the day when I was young, I was living in a little community called Mara Lake BC. My old man was a guy with the nick name of Rotten Ronnie - aptly named for the noxious gases that exploded from him after a feed of moose or deer meat...Ron is the man who taught me to ride a motorcycle. Road rash....a story of gory and disturbing proportions that I want to share with you for it is this incident that set me on the path to being an opinionated lady on this topic in many, many ways. One weekend, Ron and I had gone to Kelowna, we had had a great time and got up nice and early on the Sunday morning to head home, Ron had things around the yard he wanted to get done before work on Monday morning. There were lots of motorcycles out - it was a glorious day to ride. As we passed through Vernon, traffic began to get thicker, there was construction up ahead about 10 kilometers or so. This young buck (remember I was a lofty 24 then) pulled up beside us on his Suzuki sport bike. He had this very buxom young lady riding pillion. She was wearing a full faced helmet, a bikini and sandals. He was wearing jeans, tee, boots and a full face. I sat on my ***** pad shaking my head thinking to myself this guy really doesn't value what he has sitting behind him... Well, we leave the set of lights, the dude on the sport bike far faster than us on the our FXRS...he's gone like a rocket....as Ron and I come around a corner - just before the construction zone that is between Vernon and Armstrong - we see the carnage....my blood runs cold and I am almost sick to my stomach. There is buddy's sport bike, embedded in the trunk of a car...buddy is screaming, standing but wobbly, bleeding and road rashed...his once pretty little girlfriend is now dead. Her once buxom form is nothing more than bones now as she has no chest left, just a rib cage from doing a face plant at about 100 KMPH and skidding down the shoulder of the road into the ditch. Her one foot is gone - literally worn off from the high exit rate - she had skidded down the pavement for a good 100 feet or so before tumbling into the ditch. Rib bones and raw meat are all that were left of her. That and her un scarred, untouched face. I guess that was a consolation, at least her family could have an open casket funeral. That crash is forever etched in my mind. The howling of the rider - that of a wolf in enormous pain...the visual of this pretty, pretty girl at the set of lights only minutes before transposed over the corpse lying in the ditch that I saw will never leave my mind's eye. Now perhaps you understand all of the questions from last week about good gear - maybe it will explain a bit to you about why I get a tad opinionated on the subject of gear and helmets etc...so today the question is footwear - what brand, what style and why you chose the particular style you did. Foot wear is a very important and vital part of the gear equation in my mind...Please share with me your thoughts on choosing good footwear...
  16. Has anyone ever gone to Bridge Day in West Virgina? People free fall from the New River Gorge Bridge. 800 and something feet high. Oh I do not plan to jump myself, unless Ron pushes me off the bridge. It says it is the biggest festival in West Virginia! Yama Mama:Laugh:http://www.wtrf.com/images/slideshow/longview.jpghttp://local.content.compendiumblog.com/uploads/user/57f4335c-c086-4754-a1ab-a10f5f166c55/fd639d97-4cd4-4780-9b28-ddbaae398fc1/BridgeDayPhoto2.jpghttp://www.indexinn.com/countries/usa/west_virginia/pl_images/005_West_Virginia-Bridge-Day-Festival.jpg
  17. These look so cool and very stylish. I want to THANK YOU Mike. I will be mailng mine to you asap. I hope you guys like it as much as I do..................Ron Thanks again Mike is EUSA1 and cost 400.00 then ad shipping to your area/
  18. SHIRT ORDERS..... bit of help here I have been receiving payments from PayPal for shirts and rally packets without any information on shirt size or color. Will the following folks PLEASE CONTACT EITHER ME OR CUPCAKE (SQUIDLEY) and GIVE US YOUR SHIRT SIZE AND COLOR. Craig Green Ron MacQueen Bruse Bennet Cp'n Eddie Crystal balls just ain't what they used to be..... Thanks much Russell
  19. I want to remove the kickstand, but i'm not sure how to bypass the switch . Can someone tell me how? Thanks Ron
  20. (Ron will be mad at me for doing this, but what the heck!) Hi Moped, Today is our 38th anniversary, although, I guess we really have known each other a lot longer than that. I just wanted to say it sure has been fun to have been married to you for all these years. We have had some hard times, but mostly good times over the years. You are a wonderful husband, a tremendous Father, and an even better Grandpa to Ella. I would not change a thing. Now if we could just plan our bike trip to the Blue Ridge Parkway, life would be even better! Hehehehehehe Love you, Yama Mama:Laugh:
  21. Any one from the cincinnati,Ohio goingto Don's MD that wants to meet up Im going to go up on friday and would love any and all company passing through. Ron
  22. I,ve been reading in the book that the engine oil also is used for the culch but is it also for the trans... And while i,m at it is the bearings on the shaft sealed or do I grease them....So much to learn Ron (Whistler:cool10:)
  23. I was on my way to work on monday and spotted a midnight venture on springrove by the main post office there i was on "big Blue" gave a wave . just woundering if he lived here and was a member. Ron
  24. Does any one leave there gas line open w/gas saver in it or do you drain the gas out of carb Ron
  25. ....I have been very humbled today as one of the nicest gestures in my life happened to Lonna and myself. I know that some of you have been following whats been going on with us and our trek to Houston. We have been delaying our departure due to my good friend Ron Gaskill being killed in an auto accident almost 2 weeks ago. We have been helping his wife and daughter get things in order and largely getting his '79 Electra Glide running so I could sell it for her. I wont be selling his Harley to anyone....because Nancy and Amanda gave me Ron's bike. This big fat bastard doesn't cry very easily or is speechless very often, but I did both this evening as they came out of the blue with Nancy's brother (who helped me get the bike fired up) and presented me with the paperwork to put the title in my name. I am very overwhelmed and dont feel worthy of such a piece of their family. I also know that besides Ron, there isn't anyone on the planet that would love this bike and bring it back into shape. So now I have 2 bikes, 1 Yamaha and 1 Harley....looks like I will be staying busy fixing antiques