Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

1. Now that I have a Goldwing I've noticed a few more postings by wing riders. Does anyone know how many of us are on the site now? Just curious. Dennis
  2. I just added trunk and saddlebag molding with LED lights to the Wing. I hope they can see me now. Dennis
  3. This may have been around before but I don't recall it. It's worth the 3 minutes it takes to see it. Dennis.
  4. Another spring storm (tornados) on the way to Central KY The Lexington mayor asked businesses to close at 3:00 so workers could go home. Schools let out 2 hour early. They told everyone at my work to go home at 2:30. Just going to ride it out. Be safe everyone. Dennis
  5. I've had trouble with my knees for a few years and I still get around OK but I am considering a knee replacement before I get to the point that I can't function. The doc says I could wait another year or two but I would like to get back to being able to walk a few miles. Has anyone been through the surgery and if so, how was the recovery and rehab? How long before you were back to work, driving and on the bike? Would you do it again? Thanks, Dennis
  6. I want to order out a set of Elite 3s but can't find any one with a rear tire that matches the number in the manual. I've checked Dennis Kirk, Jake Wilson, Directline, Motorcycle superstore, and some others. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  7. I found this link on another board and thought I would share it. http://suncoastwings.com/Curtis/index.htm I wonder how much money he's got in that ride? Dennis
  8. Steel Horse Cowboy is looking for a set of Roadhouse slip on 2 into 1 pipes for his 1999 Royal Star Venture. I have checked a few places and have come up with nothing so far. I would appreciate any help finding these. Thank You ..... C.R here is the Thread I started back in 2008. I did get them from Dennis Kirk. http://venturerider.org/forum/search.php?searchid=2399498&pp=25&page=3 It might be possible that they do not make them for your bike anymore. I am still looking though. My pipes came with the slash cut tips. I turned them to point down. Fuzzy
  9. We had a nice evening with the VR group tonight even though it was a bit cool and cloudy. Tomorrow looks to be a great day. Here are a few photos from this evening and I am sure others have photos to post as well. Dennis
  10. Now with the right license plate my wife says the trailer is complete. She wanted our dog to follow us everywhere. Dennis
  11. I might be showing my age, but I thought that had to be the worst Half-time show ever. What did you think? Dennis
  12. I was browsing through the Custom Dynamics web site a few days ago and found these little LED license plate bolts. http://www.customdynamics.com/illuminatorz_licence_plates.htm#LED_Tag_Bolts I thought they were kind of clever so I ordered a set and just installed them tonight. I decided to mount them to either side of the plate on their own bracket. Otherwise they would have to be disconnected in order to remove the plate. I wired them as brake lights and they add a little twinkle to the lower corners of the plate. Here's a photo. Dennis
  13. I'm about to turn over 40,000 miles on my bike and I'll be leaving for a 4500 mile trip through the CO mountains in a few weeks. Is the clutch something that I should be concerned about? What is the normal life for a clutch. I do a lot of city riding so I may use the clutch more than some of you. I'll replace it before the trip if I'm getting close to the useful life of the clutch. Dennis
  14. R.I.P. Ride on Billy ......
  15. I really like the looks of the LA Chopper mufflers, sort of look like the Rineharts. Has any one put these on their Venture? Any videos or sound clips? Thanks, Dennis
  16. Dennis Kirk Just lowered there tire price from 177.99 to107.99 150 / 80 / 16 107.99 Frunt Mv85HB15 125.99 Rear Tire Surcharge 10.00 Free shiping 0.00 total to door 243.98 2 day shipping ? Mine came today! 2 da Holp This May Help you !!!!!!!!! This will be my 2 E3 on the rear. The one still on the bike Has 12000 + miles on it. Still has 5/32 nds on it. Tire price was good so I got a pair for when I need them. Good Luck & have Fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! P.S. For those that don.'t Know Dennis Kirk. thay are out of MN. www.denniskirk.com order 1-800-969-7504
  17. My fuel pump got progressively worse on our ride to Sturgis, so I bypassed the pump to keep on the road. I knew there would be a few long distances between gas stations in a few areas, and was able to locate a pump from a crashed Royal Star. When we got back, I took the bad pump to the new Yamaha Dealer in Bakersfield. After explaining why I did not bring the bike in to have them diagnose the pump failure, Dennis said he would contact Yamaha and see if they would give me a new pump. Three days later, here I sit with a new one in my hand. A good shop, people who care, and a great warranty. I'm really liking Yamaha!!!
  18. If you are searching for your photos on www.us129photos.com they seem to start on page 102. Dennis
  19. I just moved all of my Vogel photos to the Venturerider photobucket account. They are at: http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y262/venturerider/vogel%202009%20midrsv/ Dennis
  20. Here are a few photos from our ride to the Dragon today..... http://s586.photobucket.com/albums/ss304/midrsv/Vogel2/ It was a great day and only about 10 minutes of rain. Dennis
  21. Here are a few photos from today. We rode to Helen, some tubed, some shopped, and some continued to ride. We had a good lunch with friends. I couldn't figure out how to upload to the VR Photobucket account so I just created a new one. http://s586.photobucket.com/albums/ss304/midrsv/ Dennis
  22. [ame=http://www.vimeo.com/4116035]"Moore" Southeast Kentucky Memories on Vimeo[/ame] Nice Ride down to SE Kentucky yesterday resulted in a project from the heart for my dear friend Dennis Moore. He is the cousin, supporter and promoter to the up and coming Vernon Lee Moore who we are on the process of shhoting some music videos for (see my test video for SE KY Blues). I had the pleasure of taking a 3 hour ride down to the old family farm in the SE KY mountains with him today to scout locations. It's a few hundred acres of beautiful river bottom land and straight up mountains. It has been there since the 1700's, and was orginally surveyed by Daniel Boone himself, so lots of history there. There are three old family farm houses in decline now and I wanted to preserve their memory for Dennis. It was apparent on our visit that this was a spiritual place for Dennis, so I put this together just for him. The song Booneville is written, performed (all parts) and copyrighted by cousin Vernon Lee Moore. Since it's family I thought it appropriate to include in this tribute to this special family place. Thanks for including me in your day Dennis, is was a pleasure and an honor to be a part of it. Stay Tuned for more of Vernon Lee Moore!!!!!
  23. Midrsv

Biker dog

One of my riding buddies stopped for a visit today with his dog. Had to share a photo. Dennis
  24. I just replaced these rear pads after 18k miles. I believe I got my money's worth. Dennis
  25. If anyone is interested I just placed a like new Men's First Gear Kilimanjaro jacket on EBAY. Size 3XL. It is a great jacket and has been used very little. It no longer fits. The item number is: 120336436767 Thanks, Dennis