Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

1. okay folks we took the holidays off on the planning committee. it's back to work now. we are now working on the registration form and t-shirt design. when we get all the costs together, we will post the form on line. hopfully we can set it up so you can register via paypal. time is flying by and july will be here before you know it. it's important that you get your motel reservations, and put your name on the calender as soon as you know your coming. you can also rsvp on the calender. i have reserved the huge new pavilion at lakeside park for the whole day of july 23 to hang around, and the last meal will be catered there by bandanas barbeque in the late afternoon. this is going to be one heck of a chindig. we are also working on the grand prize. if you all have any ideas or input on how to make this meet the biggest and best yet, throw it on me. bill
  2. After 6 years of saving and planning the building has started. Im putting up a 40 by 80 pole building with 40 by 40 for a heated shop and the other half for her horses. Dirt and fill is being delivered as I write this. My final addition to my little piece of America. Got to watch the first loads being dumped on facetime. When I get home in July the building will be there and Ill put the electrical and other miscellaneous items in. I cant wait. No more tripping over the toys in the garage. What do you all have for a shop? Should I finish the interior in steel or wood? Any ideas and pics would sure help. rjjammer
  3. things just have not been well for the last month. back in july i got a call on july fourth to please rush to ST Paul mn. my best friend of 32 years had a bad stroke and was not going to make it. i got the call from his daughter. 9 months before he burried his oldest daughter who had a bad seizure hit her head and died. and i was there for that funeral. i now am the last man standing of a group of 7 guys who where my child hood and early adult life friends. there is a big empty in my heart. i allmost gave in and was about to do something bad. but affter some time with his family and my daughter i pulled some what out of it. there must have been an intervention? as i was to go in on july 9th for a total knee operation but it was postponed. so i was there to hold this mans hand and say good bye. he never opend his eyes but placed his hand on top of mine. 3 hours after i got there he was gone he died on the 5th of july. now im going in on the 22nd of this month for the knee operation. i found a 1999 yamaha vstar 1100cc for $2500.00 i have that money but just cant ride the bike though i might still buy it and find a place to store it? kind of a goal for me to get well and ride again. the bike is red has 24000 miles needs a little maintenance. like a new battery flush the fluids you know the usual stuff. im talking to my daughter and older sister about doing this as there concerned about my healing first. i said to totaly heal i need to enjoy life again. and right now im just in a funk.if i can work it out i just might buy the bike. just need to store it. not sure if it can fit in a 5x10 room LOL thats the smalles storage unit i can afford LOL any ways thanks everyone
  4. In east Tennessee, we have had the wettest July on record. It did surprise me because the first part of the month was dry. RandyA
  5. Any Michigan riders going to NY for the rally are welcome to join us for the trip. We will be leaving on Sunday July 22 in the AM. So far it's us and Carbon One. After the Rally heading to the northeast for awhile.
  6. July 28th myself and the wife are headed to new glarus to check out the brewery for the the wifes b-day then to cave of the mounds and last stop at wallersheim winery in Praire du sac and spending the night in that area. I know there is some nice riding in that area along the wisconsin river.Anyone interested in maybe joining or have suggestions on a really good ride in that area or something that we should realy see when in that area?
  7. Just delivered my Venture to the bike shop in Atlantic Iowa to be fitted with a Hannigan Trike kit. They will take it to the Hannigan plant in Kentucky for the installation, being the week of July 9 to July 14. First, they'll send them one of the saddle bags to use for a color match. I'll have an updated report on the results next month. Yeah, just calm down, huh! Owen.
  8. July 7th is one week away............Good riding, good friends, maybe some new friends and best of all Great BBQ........Here is the info...... http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=70874 Hope to see you there!!!
  9. To register for the 2012 International Rally...forms must be received by July 1st..
  10. Hey all my Canadian friends, I have some questions for you folks about Calgary. I work for a company called Tenaris down here in Texas. We have 4 plants and a corporate office in and around Houston. One of our Manager/Supervisors of our weld mill is going to travel up to another one of our facilities in Calgary Alberta. I mentioned to him that I would talk with some of my Canadian friends and get the lowdown about Calgary. If y'all can help me out with good places to eat, or fishing and hunting areas, or just cool places to go and see, I would really appreciate it. I have heard of the Calgary Stampede, I'm not even sure what thats all about other than Rodeo and such. I notice it's July 6th thru the 15th. I'm not sure about what it would take for him to get a Canadian fishing license and if there is any kind of hunting he can do up there during July and August. Give me some ideas here so I can pass it on to him....Thanks
  11. I heard a rumor this weekend that the FCC is doing changes to CB radio frequencies and if you don't do something by July 1, your radio won't work. Has anybody heard of this? And if so, what can be done to your radio?
  12. Recently I noticed one of my head gaskets was leaking a little oil, as it wasn't a lot I continued my planned tour of Nova Scotia while the dealer ordered a set of gaskets (july 1st). I gave the bike to the dealer July 19th, after the usual two rounds of it isn't ready yet, I ordered the wrong gasket set, they gave me the bike back one month to the date after I brought it in. On starting the bike I noticed the Idle was set a little high and could see the windshield visibly shake(never did b4) the exhaust was a little louder than normal and I think I could hear a slight leak. Once I got it out on the road the bike would vibrate, stutter and buck like I was in a too high gear, I can't even acelerate from 5th gear on level ground driving 40mph without downshifting to 3rd. pulled into my driveway and my nieghbor said what happened to your bike it sounds like crap ( he rides a Harley). Took the bike back to the dealer left it another week, returned to be told the shaking and noise was due to a bad rear tire.( admittedly I do need the tires replaced) Remember the bike shakes at idle. if I get the bike rolling downhill at 50mph shift to neutral the bike coasts like it was on carpet. Restart the engine and the shaking starts. This is my thrid Venture so I am pretty sure I know when it is right and when it is wrong. So now what are my options , is there a national Yamaha rep group to escalate service issues? Al
  13. I ran aross this today. I had never seen it ot heard of it. “Augusta and Adeline Van Buren (related to President van Buren) grew up as Society Girls who eventually married, raise families, and held jobs. But that’s not the whole story. Raised in New York City, they sound like stereotypes of their time. Except that on July 4, 1916 they left from Sheepshead Bay in Brooklyn and trekked west on two Power Plus Indian motorcycles equipped with gas headlights. Here is the rest. http://www.cyrilhuzeblog.com/2009/01...er-experience/
  14. Dear Diary, Just moved to Texas! Now this is a state that knows how to live!! Beautiful sunny days and warm balmy evenings. It is beautiful. I've finally found my home. I love it here. June 14th: Really heating up. Got to 100 today. Not a problem. Live in an air-conditioned home, drive an air-conditioned car. What a pleasure to see the sun everyday like this. I'm turning into a sun worshipper. June 30th: Had the backyard landscaped with western plants today. Lots of cactus and rocks. What a breeze to maintain. No more mowing the lawn for me. Another scorcher today, but I love it here. July 10th: The temperature hasn't been below 100 all week. How do people get used to this kind of heat? At least, it's kind of windy though. But getting used to the heat is taking longer than I expected. July 15th: Fell asleep by the community pool. Got 3rd degree burns over 60% of my body. Missed 3 days of work. What a dumb thing to do. I learned my lesson though. Got to respect the ol' sun in a climate like this. July 20th: I missed Lomita (my cat) sneaking into the car when I left this morning. By the time I got to the hot car at noon, Lomita had died and swollen up to the size of a shopping bag, then popped like a water balloon. The car now smells like Kibbles and $hits. I learned my lesson though. No more pets in this heat. Good ol' Mr. Sun strikes again. July 25th: The wind sucks. It feels like a giant freaking blow dryer!! And it's hot as hell. The home air-conditioner is on the fritz and the AC repairman charged $200 just to drive by and tell me he needed to order parts. July 30th: Been sleeping outside on the patio for 3 nights now, $225,000 house and I can't even go inside. Lomita is the lucky one. Why did I ever come here? Aug. 4th: Its 115 degrees. Finally got the air-conditioner fixed today. It cost $500 and gets the temperature down to 85. I hate this stupid state. Aug. 8th: If another wise ass cracks, 'Hot enough for you today?' I'm going to strangle him. Damn heat. By the time I get to work, the radiator is boiling over, my clothes are soaking wet, and I smell like baked cat!! Aug. 9th: Tried to run some errands after work. Wore shorts, and when I sat on the seats in the car, I thought my ass was on fire. My skin melted to the seat. I lost 2 layers of flesh and all the hair on the back of my legs and ass . . . Now my car smells like burnt hair, fried ass, and baked cat. Aug 10th: The weather report might as well be a damn recording. Hot and sunny. Hot and sunny. Hot and sunny. It's been too hot to do •••• for 2 damn months and the weatherman says it might really warm up next week. Doesn't it ever rain in this damn state? Water rationing will be next, so my $1700 worth of cactus will just dry up and blow over. Even the cactus can't live in this damn heat. Aug. 14th: Welcome to HELL! Temperature got to 115 today. Cactus are dead. Forgot to crack the window and blew the damn windshield out of the car. The installer came to fix it and guess what he asked me??? "Hot enough for you today?" My sister had to spend $1,500 to bail me out of jail. Freaking Texas . What kind of a sick demented idiot would want to live here?? Will write later to let you know how the trial goes.
  15. Ran in to this video on a nother site. Made me think of a post I read on here the other day. Some one was going to get rid of his plush ride for a Yahama new Duel Sport. Some about a Bucket List to do. Bella Coola July 2011 [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fSbd8eCgqE]‪Bella Coola July 2011‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]
  16. On July 1st the riding community of Victoria lost an avid rider. Jana as he was known loved to ride. He had moved to the west coast for work leaving his wife in Ontario, he had been here for one year. The driver that killed Jana was under a court order to not possess or consume alcohol, it is believed she was impaired at the time of the accident. Thursday July 14 we are organizing a 6:30 pm (PST) ride to follow the route Jana was heading for a beautiful sunny holiday afternoon ride to remember Jana. I hope you can take a moment and remember the tragic death of a good man. Yes prayers for him and his family are very much welcomed. thanks to all. http://www.vibikers.com/site/ http://www.bclocalnews.com/vancouver_island_south/sookenewsmirror/news/125173828.html
  17. Gonna have a little get together on 4th of July weekend at my house. BoomerCPO has a couple tires to change and squid and sweetnothing will be comming. Anyone that doesn't have plans on the 2nd of July is welcome to come on over. Beth said she plans on haveing BQ.
  18. Hello Everyone: Several months ago I offered overnight lodging for anyone stopping in Western Nebraska on their way out to the Cody rally. "Tom" and Debby indicated they might take me up on my offer for Friday night July 22nd. I swear someone else replied to me about Saturday July 23rd, but damn if I can remember who it was? (Getting old I guess?) I looked through all of my past PM messages and cannot find anything. If someone reads this post and has made plans to stop in Scottsbluff, Ne on the way to Cody please contact me and jog my memory. Thanks in advance.
  19. http://www.nragive.com/ringoffreedom/index.html
  20. How are you spending your Fourth of July? It is raining here this morning. This is the FOURTH day of the Newport Motorcycle Rally, so we hope it stops raining so we can go again today.There are fireworks tonight. Whatever you do, have fun and be safe! Yama Mama
  21. Here Goes. Looking to meet up with riders headed to Cody. Due to Time my route will be, July 22nd Friday, leave Tijeras NM (albuquerque area) after work at 6:00pm ride North on I-25, 250-300 miles and stop around Trinidad, CO. July 23rd Saturday, continue North on I-25 to Casper and catch hwy 120 to Thermopolis and into Cody. July 24th-28th in Cody (may leave the 27th) Have to be in Las Vegas, NV early Friday the 29th. If you are in the area and wouldn't mind another bike along send me a PM. We're gettig close so I putting this out 1 bike, ! rider. Thanks, John
  22. Cody, WY - July 25 - 28 (though most folks are arriving on Sunday evening - July 24th). The rally will soon be upon us - just a little more than 5 weeks away!! Wanted to post some updates for everyone: LODGING: I will be releasing our VentureRider special reserved room blocks on JUNE 16 - so IF you haven't made room reservations yet, please consider doing so now. We have been given very special - discounted - rates - after release of these blocks, the rates will revert back to the regular rates which are going to be MUCH MORE - so, save some money, and make your plans now (if something suddenly came up, you can cancel a room per the cancellation policy of the property - each is different, so know the fine print)! The special VentureRider hotel / campground rates at all properties are only for those members (and / or their guest or trial members) registered and participating at our Rally. The rates are posted in the International VR Flyer EVENT PRE-REGISTRATION DEADLINE: July 1st, 2011. Registration is available at the event - but slightly more - so again, don't hesitate, send it in today and save some This is going to be an awesome meet and greet with some great food, a Chili Cookoff, fun, stories, and most of all lots of incredible riding around the areas - some of the best roads in the nation can be found here (and did I mention ).. All culminating with our Annual Banquet Weds. evening. Don't miss out - see more information at: http://www.cast-aways.com/NewCody.htm ALSO, be sure to check out the Rides and Rallies section here - tons of information under the VentureRider International Rally Thread!!!!!!! Is it time to roll yet - can't wait to ride in and see you all there!!
  23. This is pretty interesting. Calendar for July 2011 July � Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat � � � � � 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 � � � � � � � Money bags This year, July has 5 Fridays, 5 Saturdays and 5 Sundays. This happens once every 823 years. This is called money bags. So, forward this to your friends and money will arrive within 4 days. Based on Chinese Feng Shui. The one who does not forward.....will be without money. Kinda interesting - read on!!! This year we're going to experience four unusual dates. 1/1/11, 1/11/11, 11/1/11, 11/11/11 and that's not all... Take the last two digits of the year in which you were born - now add the age you will be this year, The results will be 111 for everyone in whole world. This is the year of the Money!!! The proverb goes that if you send this to eight good friends money will appear in next four days as it is explained in Chinese FENGSHUI. Those who don't continue the chain won't receive....... Its a mystery, but its worth a try. good luck.
  24. Since this is a Vogal year, I threw it out about having a long weekend meet and eat for the weekend of June 10-12th as we have done in the past and meeting at the Asheville KOA campground. It appears that we are getting very little interest this year, which may be the combination of Vogal, the economy and the date that was set, which is the weekend after Freebird's MD, or whatever. Also Warrior sent me a PM about a M&E in Asheville on the 18th, but I have not seen where he has posted anything. Sooooo, if June 10-12th is not a good time for many that are interested in coming, maybe we could target another date, maybe in July, as I am game for that. Or if there is just not enough interest this year, maybe we can try to put together a bigger rally next year. But, if we are going to cancel this year, I will need to notify the KOA campground so they will not hold those spaces for us. I really did want to try June this year as this is really late spring up on the Blue Ridge Parkway and the colors are wonderful and the camping would normally be just a little cooler than July or August. So, please give me some feedback so I can put some things together, one way or the other. Thanks, RandyA
  25. OK time for a new multi page thread I hope Here are pics of Annie in Afganistan and Kuwait I could not get pics of her in Dubai or Bagram since Maint day she has been to the following countries at the following places. June 29th she was in Ali a saleem Kuwait the pic in front of the post office sign July 3rd she made it to Bagram in afganistan No pics July 5th she was in Shindand Afganistan pics with the head wrap on and off the gas tank from my bike I had over there She was in Washington DC on Aug 10th and then back in Snellville Ga till she made it to Asheville Nc where she was handed off to BOO to head to Illinois to make her way accross the country to visit as many states as possible before maint day 2011 lets keep the pics of her going and see how many states she can make it through before next summer.. Jeff