Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

1. I got an ad in my email today from Harbor Freight. They are listing the pedal operated lift at $369. On line ad
  2. Got a flyer yesterday and the Harbor Freight Motorcycle jack is on sale this weekend for $69.
  3. I was just wondering if this is a harbor freight trailer??http://venturerider.org/forum/picture.php?albumid=1039&pictureid=6534
  4. There is a $200 off coupon in the December issue of Motor Cyclist magazine for a 1000# Harbor Freight lift. Limit 4 per coupon. I could get extras. You come get it. Thinking about mounting it in the floor, like in picture attached. Gary
  5. So I went to the local Harbor Freight this morning on my way home from work. I pick up a flyer advertising an upcoming sale. 50% off sale, Tues, Oct. 18th - Mon, Oct. 31st.. And on that flyer there are also coupons that say they are valid through 10/31/11 in bold type. Now wouldn't you think the coupons would me valid from the time they are distributed until said expiration date? Or would you assume the coupons are only valid during the sale that is advertised on the same flyer? Bill
  6. I just ordered a Bell shorty helmet from Competition Accessories and would like to know if anyone has anything to say about them. My Fulmer shorty has fit well but is needing to be changed due to age. I bought a Scorpion last fall but it fits terrible. For the $50+change to get the Bell (includes freight) I thought I would give it a try. I used Bell helmets in the 60's for drag racing and motorcycles but I am sure they are owned out of this country by now.
  7. I am tired of bending over working on bikes so I am going to use the coupon for the 299 Harbor Freight lift. The coupon says I can get three lifts so if anyone from Iowa wants one off my coupon let me know ASAP.
  8. Guest

Harbor Freight

Harbor Freight has float chargers on sale for 4.99
  9. My son and daughter live with there mom and over last summer i tried to take her to court and get them. The judge decided that it was better for them to stay there and it ok that her and her boy friend fight all the time around the kids and the police have been called and they smoke like freight trains around them. My sone text me tonight and wanted to know if there is a god why does he hate him so much and make him stay there. How do you answer that?? i cant argue with it and I dont lie to him.
  10. http://widgets.harborfreight.com/wswidgets/common/displayCoupon.do?week=4710&campaign=sp1-web&page=coupon1.html&single=true&cust=99999999999&keycode=0000 Try this for a Thanks giving coupon
  11. I did find an OEM windshield at bikebandit.com for $88.96 and that seems to be a fair price. Can I perhaps find an even cheaper somwhere else? I live in Sweden so toll, vat and freight will be added... My windshield is "milky" and I don't think it will pass MOT /Lars
  12. My Harbor Freight trailer worked fine on a 400 mile trip BUT it lost 3 of the 4 plastic end caps from the 2" square metal frame. Anyone else have this problem, and if so, how did you deal with it? The last one popped out onto the driveway while just setting there! I'm having trouble finding replacements, haven't yet contacted HF. I doubt if they can help, these end caps aren't even listed seperately in the parts list. Maybe it was the 90 MPH pass made on some slow moving traffic on state route 9 in northern Indiana?!?!?
  13. I have some popping on decel that has been traced back to an incomplete connection of my tail pipe to the headers/Y. I am running Road King / Harley Touring pipes, and they have always been a bear to install. I've not been able to get them to expand enough to slip on, so I end up whacking them to force them on. I'm not a fan of that. Can I use this Harbor Freight Large Tail Pipe Expander? Or maybe the medium or small? I mean, is this the right sort of tool for this job? Dave http://www.harborfreight.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/370x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/i/m/image_480.jpg
  14. I'm considering buying this Harbor Freight trailer: http://www.harborfreight.com/600-lb-capacity-78-inch-tag-along-trailer-66771.html Harbor freight says this trailer is only rated for 55mph. The clerk at the store made a point of telling me this limitation. Has anyone had any problems pulling this trailer?
  15. I've been doing a lot of tear down and maintenance on my new-to-me 1997 RSTC. The more I think about it, the more I could see the Harbor Freight Motorcycle Stand/Wheel Chock coming in very handy. http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=97841 I have a coupon that has it at $39 and was wondering if anyone has one, or has any comments. The spec is that it will hold a tire from 15 to 22 inches, but doesn't sate a maximum width, and we do have very wide front tires. Is this sturdy enough to hold up an 800 lb RSTD?
  16. They have this tool for $18 with Super Coupon at 40% off. I will going down there to see if they have one in stock here.
  17. Does anybody know if this Harbor Freight trailer will handle a 2nd Gen bike? http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=65890
  18. Just changed my oil/filter, put the drain plug back in and, using my "trusty-dusty" Harbor Freight Torque Wrench, torqued the bolt to specification. The result?? I now have a stripped drain plug bolt/oil pan. After I fork out a pretty penny to fix this, I will NOT be using another Harbor Freight tool on my baby. ANy one else ever have an issue with an H.F. Torque Wrench?
  19. I would really like to use bearing buddies on my harbor freight trailer. Mostly for peace of mind. BUT I cannot find the right size. Does anyone know the size that I need? Wayne
  20. Did a lot of research over the last six months, was ready to head down to Harbor Freight to begin the project.. When I received a call from someone who had just traded his RSV for a Rhino... something about the RSV note working well off-road..... Anyway - his loss was our gain.... Narrowed Harbor Freight trailer w/12 inch wheels, dual one gallon gas cans, cooler, cargo box, hitch, permant AZ plate and he even did the wiring for me... DANG! now i have no excuse to enforce the "pack-light" guideline... Have logged almost 100 miles so far - i notice it tends to wag a bit when empty and over 70mph. gotta be careful of that tendancy...
  21. Just a little FYI here. This information came up in a truck fire that we are working on. Since a few folks here shop at Harbor Freight occassionly, Thought I would pass it on for those who are/were not aware of this recall. September 5, 2007 California auto parts seller Harbor Freight Tools will recall as many as 295,000 sets of automobile fuses manufactured in China because they could malfunction and cause electrical fires. Harbor Freight reported plans for the recall of Chinese made fuses to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration August 10. Harbor Freight told the federal safety agency that it is aware of property damage caused by the fuses but does not know of any injuries. The decision to recall the fuses is a result of four customer complaints "in a very short period of time" according to the company as well as concerns raised with Harbor Freight by General Motors Corp. Last month, GM sent an internal bulletin to dealersdiscouraging them from using the Harbor Freight fuses and reminding dealers that the fuses are not GM parts. NHTSA has also received two complaints from consumers about the Harbor Freight fuses. Harbor Freight Tools had sought to limit public disclosure of the fuse recall by marking its four page letter to NHTSA as a confidential communication. The auto parts company asked the safety regulators to limit disclosure of the defect report from disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act. If successful, this tactic would have prevented consumers from knowing they had potentially hazardous fuses in their cars The fuses are supposed to be 5-30 amps but may have been made with the wrong amperages and that can lead to damage to a vehicle's electrical system. Harbor Freight has now stopped selling the fuses. Between August 2005 and August 2007, Harbor Freight sold 295,000 fuse sets containing 120 fuses which means as many as 35 million fuses could be involved. The fuse sets sold for between $3 and $10. The company plans to notify anyone who purchased the fuses from the company's Web site, as well as mail-order customers, and will post recall notices in retail . It will give customers a $5 gift certificate for returning the items, in addition to a refund.
  22. Im kinda shopping around for a trailer to pull behind the Venture and I noticed that the tongue length on the piggybacker and other factory made trailers are longer than say the harbor freight trailer that you may fashion yourself. Is there an advantage or is it just there for the cooler rack?
  23. There's a great deal on a 1500 lb. lift at Harbor Freight. The deal runs until feb.28 09. Here's the link: http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=2792 It came on this flyer: http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/static_emails/week_909_a.html Not sure if it would work on our Machines, but might be a great starting point. Blue Skies! Joe in Chandler
  24. well i used the new tire changer i designed and fabricated. it has the harbor freight car tire base with bead breaker and my own design motorcycle attachment. the wheel diameter adjustment has an infinate size adjustment, unlike the harbor freight one that uses pins. i also made it out of stainless steel tubing so there is no paint to rub off on the rims. after fighting with my v-star rear tire for a half hour. i figured out what works best and the tire came off slick as a whistle. it was a total success. can't believe i did'nt do this years ago. i have got a few more ideas to improve it but it works absolutley perfect like it is. the next thing i am going to do with it is make a steel work table that i can mount on the base. when i'm not using it as a tire changer. it's bolted to the floor in my shop by my welders so it will double as a welding table also. pics to come soon.
  25. First thing happy new year to all. second has anyone used the Haul-Master wheel chock from harbor freight. it is a lot cheaper than ones i have used in the past but it states it does the same job. my biggest concern is the weight of my rsv. it looks like it should work.