Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

1. Who has good knowledge of the Valley of the Gods Road off Hwy 261 in Utah? It's a short stretch, about 25kms, gravel...is it worth it? I have read this thread http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=28495 and would like to see the switch backs there too, but I don't want to take another stretch of gravel if it isn't worth it compared to what I'll already be seeing.
  2. I have returned...or so the saying goes. The guy I was riding with, and I...returned home last night, after 15 days and 14 nights on the road, from Western Washington State to Goose Bay/Happy Valley, Newfoundland. The round trip was slightly under 10,000 miles. I rode my 2012 Yamaha Super Tenere', and he rode my old...his new...2005 BMW R1200GS. No problems were had by anyone, and we had decent weather, no accidents, no tickets, and very few bed bugs at all the motels. All in all, it was a good trip. Next trip, down to Bolivia, to ride the Death Highway. We are leaving on January 2nd, 2013. Anyone want to join us ???? Miles
  3. I will be gone for a couple weeks. Okay, many of you are thinking...whew...it will finally be quieter around here with me gone riding. I and a riding friend are taking off this afternoon for...Goose bay/Happy Valley, Labrador, Canada. We are leaving from Western Washington/Seattle area. The ride should be about 10,000 miles round trip. We will see. I will be riding my 2012 Yamaha Super Tenere' 1200, and the riding partner will be riding my old bike that I sold to him, a 2005 BMW R1200GS. If any of you have ever been to Goose Bay/Happy Valley, Labrador, then...you already know what we are getting ourselves into. Gulp! See ya'all down the road.
  4. I got home from my trip to East Tennessee on Saturday afternoon. This trip was one of the most enjoyable things I’ve done in a long time. The weather was great and the trip went off without a hitch. As I said before leaving, it would have been better if I’d had someone to share this trip with, but this time I had to go it alone. I was able to ride many good motorcycle roads that up to this time, I had only traveled in my car. One of the most impressive parts of my trip was my visit to the Wheels Through Time Motorcycle Museum in Maggie Valley, NC. Anyone planning a trip to this area needs to take the time to go to Maggie Valley. The museum is a “Must See”. For only $12.00 you will have the opportunity to enjoy a piece of true motorcycle history. Well, I guess it’s time to start planning my next trip. Maybe next time I can find a few people to go with me.
  5. Today as soon as I get off work, I'll be leaving on a trip to East Tennessee. My plan is to leave my home in Mansfield, Tn. at about 5:00 pm and ride to Cookville, where I'll spend the night. Then I'll get up early Thursday morning and continue up I-40 and exit at Kingston. I'll take Hwy. 304 to Hwy. 68 then I'll hit the Cherohala Skyway over to US-129 (the Dragon). From there I'll take the Foothills Pky. to Wears Valley Rd. to Pigeon Forge. It should be a good days ride. Then Friday I may ride over to the Wheels Thrrough Time Motorcycle Museum in Maggie Valley, NC. I'll be riding back home Saturday. I won't be able to ride my Venture because it really isn't quite ready for a long road trip yet, so I'll be riding my 1100 V-Star. The only thing that would make this trip better is if I had someone to ride with. My wife really isn't into riding yet and all my friends with bikes couldn't get off work. So I'll be going it alone. Hoping for a good safe trip.
  6. Is anyone going to Thunder in the Valley June 21-24th, Johnstown Pa. http://www.visitjohnstownpa.com/thunderinthevalley/ Next link is from VMax contingent. http://www.vmoa.net/modules/xcenter/?storyid=18 Looks like I will be there. Gary
  7. Going to Vegas late June 2012 for 12 full days. Besides Gambleing and the Shows I plan to so some sites. Yosemite Nat Park USAF Thunderbird Area 51 Grand Canyon Hoover Dam Death Valley Anyone recommend anything else. Bike trip maybe back on agian rather than flying.
  8. My wife and I are hoping to visit the Napa Valley wine region........and maybe rent a bike to get around on while we're out there. We live in St. Catharines, Ontario, near Niagara Falls.......so we won't be riding all the way out to California. :-) Our plan is to fly in to San Fran and rent a bike there. Just wondering if anyone has done this before/recently and has any recommendations about sources for bikes and/or places to stay......in Frisco and/or out Napa way. Thanks for any help. Mike
  9. I don't post much on this site but I read it every day. I thought I would share a slide show of our recent 10 day motorcycle trip to the Grand Canyon. (Gloss Mountain State Park, Black Mesa, Chapel of the Cross in Sedona, Great Sand Dunes, Durango Silverton Train, Four Corners Monument, Monument Valley, Painted Desert, Aztec Ruins, Valley of the Gods in Utah, the Grand Canyon, a few unexpected gravel and muddy roads (road construction) and lots of great restuarants) We traveled a total of 3200 miles leaving Central Arkansas on Friday Sept 9. Glad my wife and I were on a comfy RSV. The bike made it just fine, even at 10,200ft over the mountains coming into Taos, NM. We plan to make a major trip like this once a year as long as we can. It was a fantastic adventure. Click the link below and it will load automaticlly. [ame=http://s695.photobucket.com/albums/vv311/rxjmw/Grand%20Canyon%20Adventure/?action=view&current=ea3a394b.pbw]http://s695.photobucket.com/albums/vv311/rxjmw/Grand%20Canyon%20Adventure/?action=view&current=ea3a394b.pbw[/COLO"]Grand Canyon Adventure pictures by rxjmw - Photobucket[/ame]
  10. OK, here is my question. We (3 couples) are headed to Canaan Valley, WV on Saturday September 3rd. We hav e rented a home for a week and are just going to be riding around looking at the sights. Canaan Valley is in the corner where PA, WV, And MD sort of come together. We are looking for siggestions on roads we should ride, towns to visit, sights to see and the such. I have looked at all the travel things on the web, the Motorcyel roads and things like that. We are looking for the raods only people who have ridden them know about. We are looking for the sights and places to go that you stumble on when riding. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You all in advance Rick, Shirley, Bryan, Lisa, Bob and Patty
  11. Rolling into work this evening on my 2007 and I saw an (2002?) RSV sitting at the light on Fern Valley infront of Ford. Has to be some one from here. He made sure I saw him from across the intersecton.
  12. Any VR members headed to Olean, NY for Rally in the Valley Sunday Aug. 29?
  13. We just attended a Trike Rally over in Maggie Valley, NC. Took quite a few pics of the trike on the BRP. http://monkei.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/TrikeTalkRally2010/12732267_xn3e3#916744496_oMYJY
  14. Anyone going this year? Its always a good time and it keeps on getting bigger every year? Let me know, Paul
  15. three of them and not one worked what a bunch of junk no other way to put it; then i found valley converters Half the price and much better worked first time no problems WWW.valley.us.com do a search and put in the part # 52222 its a 5amp standard duty and its a great item: cost hoppy 32+ change and lots of driiving cost of Valley 14.32 with tax so if your going to do it do it one time not 4 times like i did. dray
  16. My friend and I will be spending about 4-5 days touring the Shenandoah Valley from our base in McGaheysville, VA. Looking for some good side trips even as far as the Chesapeake Bay area. Our wifes are on their own trips and we're looking for some quality Bike time. Any good suggestion for stops, food, etc? We will probably spend a day on the Blue Ridge (Skyline Drive), then whatever strikes us. I'm coming from Lower AL and will meet him in Chattanooga. I may ride from Chattanooga depending on the weather or will trailer to The Summit at Massanutten in VA and ride from there. Any thoughts? Thanks!
  17. I can buy from someone 2 sets of K&N Air filters for my Venture, but the person accepts only checks or Money order..And with my Luck.. I will be out of the money..... Is there someone from this board, who lives close to Grass Valley, CA and can pick up the filters for me ? Thanks
  18. Where do I find the information on PIP, MD, and such on here? As in when, where, and who to talk to If one was able to show? I see Black Owl is from Apple Valley, which is not to far for me. So do I assume that PIP is also in that area? Thanks, Bill
  19. Sunday, April 5, 09, I joined a couple on a yellow Gold Wing (long-time friends, going back 30 years), on a tour of the Shenandoah Valley in Virginia. The roads were outstanding; once off I-81, US 340, and US 11, those backroads are terrific, empty, and quite scenic. Late March/early April is a good time to get out and ride the mid-Atlantic States, weather permitting (and it can be quite changeable around here). On the way back, we took the Skyline Drive in Shenandoah National Park, north to Front Royal, the northern end of the Drive. Below is a picture of me and my Venture, taken by my friend Dan from his Gold Wing. He pointed the camera backward and got this shot, as well as many others. http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss146/gssuzukiguy/Nick_April5_04-Copy.jpg?t=1239456081
  20. From a ride on Sunday the26th of October. Three of us on our Tour De Luxes headed out through the Dragon, over to Maggie Valley and back through Smoky Mountains National Park by way of the Blue Ridge Parkway. In Maggie Valley we went to Wheels Trough Time, a great little museum!
  21. I went to the game this morning. It was the earliest game in LSU history, anywhere and especially in Death Valley. We took care of Ap State pretty easily, even though it was billed as the "Clash of the Champions".
  22. Haven't seen anything written about this on the site, so I thought I'd pass it on. Some friends and I rode up to Shady Valley, Virginia a couple of weeks ago to ride what they call "The Snake." Shady Valley is close to Bristol, near the Virginia - Tennessee state line. I forget how many curves in how many miles it is (it's a lot of both). If you're interested in that sort of riding and you've been to the Dragon and bought the T-shirt, you'll really enjoy the Snake. In fact, the actual road almost appears to be brand new - no potholes, no missing pieces, very smooth and well marked, and the two lanes even appear to be a little wider than the Dragon. Even better, there was no traffic at all. Shady Valley is a beautiful place, and they even have a "General Store" for souvenirs, hot food and motorcycle stuff (helmets, bags, leather, etc.). You can even buy a T-shirt! The attractive young lady working in the store told me that on weekends, you can't get into the parking lot for all the bikes. We were there on a Monday. If anyone has ridden it, tell us what you think. Be safe!
  23. Alex

Rad bikes!

Just got back from the Blue Ridge, and I ran into some wild skewts in Maggie Valley, NC...had to share these!
  24. http://www.visitjohnstownpa.com/thunderinthevalley/ any one going ?
  25. Just checking to see if anyone was making the trip to Thunder in the valley in Johnstown Pa next weekend? Its a great time and every year it keeps getting better and bigger. Its definetly worth the trip here is a link http://www.visitjohnstownpa.com/thunderinthevalley/ also check out my pics in my gallery of some pics from last years thunder. Paul