Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

1. Does anyone know where to get carb rebuild kits. I am having a hard time finding them. I called my local Yamaha dealers and they said it is to old. The only things on Ebay are full sets of used carbs. I an inn Grand Haven, Michigan.
  2. Anything set up yet at Oberlin Inn?
  3. I have cancelled the room we had booked at the Microtel Inn..... So if someone needs a room -- make the call
  4. Hey I said I would start a thread on this, so here it is. Plans so far: MarCarl to leave home at 8 am, arrive at Casablanca about 9 Leave Casablanca at 9:30, arrive at Fort Erie about 10:15 Cross the border and head for Quality Inn, Elyria, Ohio, hopefully be there in time to have a shower (only if needed) and then go to QSL for supper. So who's coming, and where do we have to wait for Ben?
  5. Just an update for those that want to meet at exit 15 off I-75 in Monroe Mich. tomorrow "Friday" morning. Meet and eat @ 11:00 Gas up and leave @ 12:00 Stop for bathroom break along the way. Stop by Comfort Inn Stop by Oberlin Inn Go to FreeBirds after check in. Rain or shine I will be there. Let's hope shine. See you all real soon.
  6. Well we have a new Atlana area member, some of you met him at the N. Ga. M&E. Gene rides a Kawasaki Concours. I told him he would be in for some good natured ribbing about not riding a Venture or Yamaha, but he did ride a V Star 650 before moving up to is nice looking Concours. I guess thats sorta like staying at the Holiday Inn Express.............:rotfl: By the way Gene and I work for the same company, so I will make sure he keeps up with you guys Welcome to the family Gene, you just joined the most addictive web site in the world!!!!!
  7. First, let me introduce myself. I am Walter McGarr from Hoover Alabama. I just purchased my second RSV, a 2007 Midnight. My first RSV was a 2000 model. Rode a VTX1800 for four years after I sold the 2000 RSV. With introductions out of the way, has anyone stayed at Two Wheel Inn in Robbinsville? Heading up that way next week and was wondering what to expect. Thanks
  8. $89 NOT $64 Say's that is best rate I can have because of name change So just made reservations for Maintenance Day at Quality Inn (Comfort Inn) anyways. Guess I should have just made reservation and just cancel if I didn't end up going
  9. My Sweetie and i will be leaving Charlotte Thursday evening around 5pm and plan on stopping at the Quality Inn Beckley WV for the night (about 3.5 hrs). We will leave about 8am ish for the rest of the run to Elyria Quality Inn (about 5.25 hrs). Any one want to ride with us contact me and we will work out the details.
  10. We're trying to locate the National Rally Banner for Cody. The Skyline Motor Inn wants to display it out front during the rally..... Who has it?? :cody
  11. T.J.

Oberlin Inn

I just made reservations at The Oberlin Inn for Friday Night. I figured I would try them again. I liked the over hang for parking the bikes. The price is $89.95 for the Venturerider group. The same as it was in 2009. It will be here before we know it. In case you want to know. Oberlin Inn 7 North Main Street Oberlin Ohio 44074 1-800-376-4173
  12. The Oberlin Inn emailed Nance56 with the following information. Due to the way that they did us last year, I am NOT endorsing them in any way but felt it only fair to at least let you all know. "The Oberlin Inn contacted me and told me that they would let us have rooms for the 89.95 same as always. I told them that we were not happy with the treatment that our members received. She said that they were aware of that, but that several stayed there last year. I will leave this to you to post it if you want. She said to just tell them you are with ventureriders and you will get that rate. We do not have any type of agreement with them. She just wanted to extend the offer. I do know that this was out of her hands and she was not happy either. When you are an employee you do not always get a say in the matter."
  13. hey everyone, i would like to plan some meet and eats and short rides for my aera in nc for 2011. theres alot of senic roads in area and was wondering how many would be intrested in this. i also know the owner of the sleep inn in black mountain so if anybody would like to try this motel out next time theres an event in town just let me know.
  14. Anyone thinking about hotel plans for MD? The comfort inn was ok with me, wasn't too far from dons house and was nice and clean. The fact they let a bunch of bikers hang out in front of building and drink was very nice. any other ideas?
  15. I know this is a short notice, Sorry. Being the only Mechanic for the city, has put me on a very short rope so this is the reason for the delay......Sorry Aug. 27-28 2010 was hoping for more days but does not look like it will happen.... Any way We will be running up to Eureka Springs Fri. morning get there around 1-2PM. settle in then go out get some good food come back and chat drink some good beer & soda pop relax and have fun, If it is possible Saturday? Peg would like to see the Glass Church in Eureka Springs and ride around the Country side for the day then back to the Inn for a relaxing evening before heading home Sunday morning. Will be staying at Edelweiss Inn Very nice & very clean place, If you want to come over just call and tell Cindy or Brian your with Venturerider.org they know who we are!! .. very nice couple:happy34: http://www.edelweissinn.com/ Buddy
  16. Checked into a Holiday Inn Express WauseonOhio just past Toledo. Kinda pricy but nice. We are off the Ohio Turnpike, with about 3 hrs max riding time tomorrow. See ya at the Airport Inn tomottow!!
  17. I have a reservation I am cancelling tonight if anybody needs a room...
  18. 2000 Millennium Edition spotted at the inn. Hung around awhile but never did see the driver. Anyone on here?
  19. Just spoke to Beverly at the Comfort Inn, Elyria OH, 440.324.7676. She says that she will have rooms for Venture Riders for June 19 2010, for $62.95 + taxes, for double queen, and comes with a free hot breakfast. Don't know if anyone has got this rate yet, but all you need to do is the tell her that you belong to the Venture Riders and you'll be getting that rate. Oh and she loves Motor Cycles,,,,,,,ya,,,,, Harleys, can you imagine.
  20. Has anyone received an e-mail from Rex Engle at the Oberlin Inn stating they needed to cancel reservations due to a special project, if so any ideas on where to stay?? Thanks
  21. I hated to start another thread but certainly don't want anybody to miss this if you are still staying at the Oberlin Inn. Due to them canceling some of our rooms with no clear answer as to why, I decided to do a search to see if there were any other complaints. I was a little shocked at what I found. There are several reports on a number of travel sites about bed bug complaints. These complaints are recent, starting in the fall of 2009 and some as late as a month or two ago. I have no idea if the allegations about bed bugs are true and the Inn refutes them in a couple of reports but several people have reported the problem. You can make your own decision but felt that it needed to be noted. Here is a link to one travel site where you can read about the possible problem. http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g50795-d101747-Reviews-Oberlin_Inn-Oberlin_Ohio.html#REVIEWS
  22. Not a favorite, just a road report. Ride: July 2009, Weekday, AM Gas Available: None [ OK, maybe at Carvers, again I wasn't paying attention.] Direction: South Avg Speed: 80 Flora: high desert Fauna Encounters: 0 Subjective Temp: Balmy. [i live in Phoenix, AZ] Road Condition: Very Good, Arrow Straight Smokeys Seen: 0 Cars Passing Same Direction: 2 Cars Passed Same Direction: 2 Cars Passed Opposite Direction: low drip The Mountain Inn (search for Cozy Mountain Inn on the web), in Austin has rooms with new pillowtops and AC. You get a clean bed and shower and that's it, but it's $38 for two. My dream motel, but then again, I like to ride not golf.
  23. ...and looking for company on the road to Don's. We are staying at the Inn. Anybody want to ride along?? I'm bringing a surprise to the meet...
  24. Sometimes a plan just does not come together.This has been a wet spring and I have been working every weekend trying to get caught up.The 89 is not ready,99 still on the lift, and nothing has had service, oil change,etc.This darn creek has taken away the mood for riding. Hopefully we will have a dry month of June for the Skid Inn. Ramona has been working 6-7 days a week for 1-2 months and I been out of state on a few trips for work. So we will be caging it to Maint Day. Maybe I can talk her into loading down the back with peanut butter pie.Forecast for tonight freeze warning and 30 degrees.
  25. is anybody planning on staying at the Super 8 or the Days Inn? trying to decide which one we want to make reservations at any body have any info on the two?