Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

Found 25 results

1. It isnt whether you ride a Harley or Yamaha or Gold Wing or any other bike..Its about the friendship and friends you have met along the way.. January 22,2012 Downtown Luckenbach,Texas with Gary N and Mary. Listening to the guys pickin and singin in 70+ degree weather sun shining...Life is good in TEXAS!
  2. I was explaining to my wife last night that when you die you get reincarnated but must come back as a different creature. She said she would like to come back as a cow. I said, "You're obviously not listening".
  3. This bike is almost perfect. Victory is at least listening. http://www.polarisindustries.com/en-us/victory-motorcycles/touring/cross-country-tour/pages/overview.aspx?WT.si_n=VIC-AD-US-PRMO-2012_CROSS_CTRY_TOUR&WT.si_x=1&WT.ac=VIC-AD-US-PRMO-2012_CROSS_CTRY_TOUR
  4. UPDATED info at post#23. Caution!! x-rated, not, xrayed:scratchchin:, not, MRI'd, ya that's it. So I've got this CD of my MRI last week, to take from my first Chiropractor to the new on with the decompression therapy machine. You know I couldn't pass up a look see. Now, I'm no doctor, but I did stay at a Super 8 a couple months ago:scratchchin:, and this can't be good. Here's a pic of my insides:Im not listening to, and that long white thing to the right of all the vertibraes is the bundle of nerves running down through my spine. There Jeff, Something to talk about besides MD in Ohio. Later, Scooter Bob
  5. The other day I was going through some old photos of me in another life and came accross one of me at 18 just made me wonder about life and how we go through it and never really stop and wonder how we got here. I thought I was worldly then but that was before Nam and a life time of work and relationship friends and family. The things we learn and experiance can never be fully communicated. Now at 60 there are medical issues that gives me pause about the future. One thing for sure I'll ride till I can't throw a leg over. Thanks all for listening and being in my life.
  6. That nasty 4 letter word appeared in the forcast for the week...:crying: :snow2::snow2: :snow:
  7. I just opened up the web site for the dau and noticed all the requests for prayers. All I ask is that as we start our day we say a little prayer for those that need our help! Thanks for listening.
  8. BIG TOM

t shirts

This is summer...........Havn't sold a t shirt in months . I AM WORKING ON A LADY VENTURERIDER SHIRT and also tank tops for the women ...If you gals think you would be interested , give me your imput (not that I'm gonna listen to it) :Im not listening tolol...But,I'd like to know before I contact the vendor and start a new project...............speak up gals...tell me what you'd like......
  9. The engineers must know a good thing when they see (hear) it: http://www.harley-davidsonforums.com/forums/general-motorcycle-related/13713-fifth-gear-whine.html
  10. March 21st and there is falling out of the sky in Jackson, Mississippi!!! :Im not listening to
  11. THIS ONE IS FOR YOU BIG TOM!!! HEHEHE
  12. Hi Guys it seems like everytime i get on here i have nothing but bad news well this isnt real bad but bad enough. on sat night the love of my life Kelli slipped on the only piece of ice left in ohio i think fell and broke her right ankle Ouch!! right well not till we went to the emergency room and we were getting her admitted to get her fixed up and she informs me she has no insureance i felt helpless i dont have the money to pay a doctor bill like that and on tues she has to go see and Ortho-surgen that part is not going to be bad we are going to the clinic for that part of it. im not even sure what im looking to gain from telling of this incedent except maybe a internet hug from my exstended family. thanks again for listening 2010 is not starting the way i wanted it to. Ron
  13. kd4uvc

Music

For all of you which are interested, check out the old videos of the great rock bands on youtube. I just spent time listening to Black Oak Arkansas, Bachman Turner Overdrive, etc... It was fun to listen.
  14. I am going to look at purchasing a 1999 gray silver Venture with 35k miles what kind of tech things should I be looking for? Is there anything during a test ride I should be listening and looking for. The only other bike I owned was a 03 Volusia 1500 that I bought new so I really don't know what to look for in a used bike. Thanks
  15. I came home from work today to see the long awaited package at my front door. When I opened it, it held a pair of Baron bag slash pipes and eyebrows for the faring that I had purchased from WIKD. Since it is winter here in Michigan I couldn't wait to spend some time in the garage doing something to the neglected beauty. So my second gen. got a new set of pipes put on today!!!!! I had to start by listening to my stage IV road king pipes, and then proceded the switch. My face kinda resembled this:big-grin-emoticon: when I started it up with the Barons on. Then I proceded to do this. Now my wife knows she has a monster on her hands since it is supposed to be in the 40's here this weekend. Round about March or April it will be getting a new paint job and then it's all ridin' until winter 09 when i'm sure i'll find something else to do. A HUGE THANK YOU TO WIKD for giving such a good deal on these. Thanks for listening. Big Mike COME ON SPRING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  16. Gerday all. Just doing a little test. I wandered into my local electronics store yesterday and picked up a wireless router so I can run my laptop as well as my PC. I managed to get it all hooked up, and am now submitting via the laptop. Might be old hat to some of you younger guys, but for me this is good stuff. Now the pillion can't complain that I'm on-line when she goes to bed. I CAN TAKE THE VENTURE FORUM TO BED AS WELL.:Im not listening to:rotfl::rotfl:
  17. Hey can any tell me what they think of this article for Kawasaki, making the claim that it's new Voyager is the first Japanese full Dress V-Twin? http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/kawasaki/2009-kawasaki-vulcan-1700-voyager-86899.html :Im not listening to:Im not listening to:Im not listening to
  18. 1.Seat 2.Antenna 3.Left and right saddlebag 4.Stator Anyone have any of these parts for sale? The output on the stator is 1.7V,1.7V and 3.9V.Need info where to find one and if possible instructions on how to replace it.
  19. The first part of our podcast with AtlantaDragonslayer is now online! If you have any problems listening, please let me know. http://www.venturepodcasting.com Click on 'Podcasts'.
  20. Have any of you that have a Zumo 550 noticed a drop in volume when listening to mp3 or XM thru the Zumo? When I am listening to FM or to my mp3 player I usually have my volume set at 17-18 but if I switch to the Zumo and listen to mp3s or XM I have to turn the volume up to 27-28 to get the same sound level. Is this normal:confused07:
  21. I got up this morning thinking about just maybe. Nice sunny afternoon 70 degree's but. The creek is up and muddy. Sitting here listening to hogs vibrating the windows as they go bye. So how was your ride?
  22. I work in aviation here in Connecticut. Today we had nice weather (finally) and the company needed a part taken to JFK. No one else was available so I volunteered to run the part down to JFK. Went to the house and got the Evil Duck out and off I went to JFK. When I got there I pulled up to the departure area and called our personnel to come out and get the part. While waiting for them I got off the bike and just leaned against it listening to some tunes. I waited for about 15 minutes. During this time security was running off the cagers but they never once approached me. The person finally came out and I gave them what I had brought down. I asked him for the replacement part which he had of course he had forgotten. He said he would go get it and that I should wait right there. I told him okay but if security cam around and ran me off I would come back in about 15 minutes to look for him. I waited for about 20 more minutes, still just listening to tunes. Security never came up to me but was still running the cagers off. After about 20 minutes he came back with the part and told me the he knew why the security was not bothering me. I asked him why and he said "they think your are a police motorcycle". Now I was sitting there about 35 minutes now wearing a 3/4 helmet with a full shaded shield, my black leather chaps and a yellow and black winter riding coat listening to AC/DC etal at about 25 and they think I am a COP? Must have been the antennas and the mike on the helmet I guess. Got the biggest laugh out of that all the way back home. As I often say "cleverly disguised as a responsible adult (not)". Didn't know the disguise was THAT good. Moral of the story. If you want to park in front of an airport terminal waiting on someone for a long time, and not get harassed, take your Venture!
  23. BEER30

XM

Ok , this is for you XM fans . I know some prefer Sirius , but I just broke down and subscribe to XM , as my Zumo is XM compatible . Went ahead also purchased the Garmin GXM 30 antenna , but still working on a cheaper alternative . Being new , (like 6 hours new to me ) , trying to figure out the various bouquets of music . I'm a southern rock , C & W , Oldies , classic rock , adult comedy and some of the older long hair bands . What is your favorite channel that you listen too , other than talkshows and sports ? Right now I'm listening to channel 49 , Big Tracks . Having an insight as to what others listen too , may help out on saving time to listening to some undesired music . But then again , variety is the spice of life ! I also subscribe to the Online XM , which was also included in the subscription to listen to at work and home while on the puter . And before you ask , I get pic's of where I mounted my antenna posted tomorrow . But to enlighten you , I have previously made a mount out of Kydex , which is moldable plastic like material . I heated a strip 2" x 5" wide with a heat gun , folded it onto my mirror mount like a table top . The fold wrapped around at the bend of the mirror arm so the kydex does not twist . Then used self sticking loop Velcro on the top . Then used the hook portion on the bottom of the XM antenna . I sometimes placed my radar detector there . BEER30
  24. I have a '99 RSV and have had no problems with it for the 3 months that I have owned it. However, recently when I am out riding and am running the bike under load (climbing a hill or accelerating from a dead stop) the speakers cut out. It only does this under load. I thought it might be the MP3 jack because that is what I am usually listening to but it does it whether I am listening to the radio or a CD as well. I am leaving this Sunday on a trip and would like it fixed before then. As far as I know there have not been any aftermarket mods done to the stereo. Any advice anyone has would be greatly appreciated.
  25. My wife and I have J&M headsets in our helmets and we have no problems hearing the music from the stock radio. I also have attached a GPS with XM included. I run the audio wire from the GPS into the cassette player when I want to use the GPS. The volume is never turned up beyond 10-15 when I'm listening to the FM but when I listen to XM I have to turn it all the way to to the max 30. This is barely loud enough for us to hear but nothing I do will turn it up any louder. Anyone have a suggestion for this?