Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

1. Some of you who have been around since the early days will remember Dan Lowery. Dan was one of the original officers when I started the "Venturers" site. I honestly don't remember if he ever joined this site or not but he and I did remain friends over the years. We rode together a couple of times when I lived in Dallas. I got word today that Dan passed away on January 9th which also happened to be his birthday. Dan was a good man and will be missed by those who knew him. Please say a prayer for his family and friends.
  2. It is with a saddened heart I 'm passing along the following news. Jay/ ragtop69gs's Father had passed away yesterday. I know what he's dealing with due to the timing of his Dad's passing as my Father had passed away several years ago between Christmas and New Years day as well. Prayers going out for Jay, Jeanie, family , and friends during these trying times. Jay will be providing further news and info after tomorrows meeting with the funeral director. Thanks, Larry & Joyce
  3. Just read on facebook that Mark passed away. Has anyone else heard this?
  4. It is a sad day fors ol pickers like Freebird and a few others. The Queen of Country Music, Ms Kitty Wells, has passed on. Next to Willie, she was one of my favorite old time country singers.
  5. Thought I would pass this story on... I actually got caught up in one of these sport bikers runs while driving through Dallas/Ft Worth one night on my way to meet greet my daughter's return from Afghanistan. It was crazy...10 pm at night, probably a hundred bikes screaming past , in and out of traffic, I was doing 70mph+ and they passed me like I was standing still. All I could do was hold my lane and hope none of them went down in front of me. Still....this cop was wrong ! And... I want to know where/why the two other cops went running away.... http://www.theblaze.com/stories/cop-pulls-over-motorcyclist-in-order-to-confiscate-his-helmet-cam-arrests-him-when-he-objects/
  6. Comming home from the farm, after a hard day of putting a new roof on a barn (with all the harnesses and ladders that entails) my hired hand and I encountered a rather erratic pair of bikers. The lead biker must have thought that weaving 15 feet off of my rear bumper at 55 MPH was going to impress me. Personally... The first thought I had, was to hit the brakes to get him off of my six... I didn't, as I ride bikes myself. They both passed on solid double lines and subesequently drove past them about 5 miles down the road, as they had pulled into a Bar...????????? Sorry for the rant... some of the "motorcycle accidents we read about" , are self imposed.....
  7. Bubber

Speaker

I have been looking at old posts about speakers and back a few years ago everyone was going to the Polk DB401 speakers. Now that time has passed how are the speakers holding up and would you still recommend the same speakers? I have been thinking of putting some speakers in that I can actually hear.
  8. I would like to share an experience with you, about drinking and driving. As you well know, some of us have been known to have had brushes with the authorities on our way home from the odd social session over the years. Some years ago whe I was young and dumb, I was out for a few drinks with some friends l and had a few too many beers and some rather nice red wine. Knowing full well I may have been slightly over the limit, I did something I've never done before: I took a bus home. Sure enough I passed a police road block but as it was a bus, they waved it past. I arrived home safely without incident, which was a real surprise; as I have never driven a bus before and am not sure where I got it.
  9. Hello Everyone: Just letting you know that Mom passed away today after a battle with Cancer. I appreciate everyones comments when she went on hospice over 10 days ago. Thankful she is no longer in pain. Both parents gone in the last 60 days, what a year. Thanks...Mark
  10. Nina's mom passed away peacefully yesterday appx 4:10 PM with Nina and her 2 brothers at her bedside. She was 88? (not sure). Her health deteriorated since her brother passed last year. They were very close and she is now with him again. Rest in Peace mom.
  11. Hello Everyone: Thanks again for all of your prayers and support from my previous post about my Father being placed on hospice. My 88 year old Father passed away early this morning. He is no longer suffering and is in a better place now. We are all doing fine so far. Thanks again for your concern and prayers...Mark
  12. I would like to share an experience with you, about drinking and driving. As you well know, some of us have been known to have had brushes with the authorities on our way home from the odd social session over the years. A couple of nights ago, I was out for a few drinks with some friends at the Marriott Hotel and had a few too many beers and some rather nice red wine. Knowing full well I may have been slightly over the limit, I did something I've never done before: I took a bus home. Sure enough I passed a police road block but as it was a bus, they waved it past. I arrived home safely without incident, which was a real surprise; as I have never driven a bus before and am not sure where I got it from.
  13. Phantom Wife's(sleepy2) MOM passed away last night 2 days after entering hospital with pneumonia.After a long and fruitful life.She was 81. She will be missed!
  14. I think they felt sorry for an old man but this evening I passed my black belt test in Tae kwon do chung do kwon,I plan to continue on in that and also started in a hapkiddo class.
  15. My cousin and his wife were involved in a accident yesterday. We think that thay were in the Alamosa Colorado. area. We don't have all the details as what happened, we do know that my cousin's wife was air lifted to Denver where she passed away. If anyone has any information on this please post. Thanks and please keep them in your prayers. Raymond
  16. Linda and I were making a trek back to my house on a 65 mph divided four lane with uncontrolled entries and topped a hill and saw three police cars in the road. The light from them was so bright, it was hard to see much of anything. With it being about 10 pm and traffic, I was afraid to slow down too much, but as we passed, I did see a black and silver cruiser type bike laying in the road at an intersection. I am now watching the local news and nothing has been reported yet. It sure did give us both a sickening feeling. RandyA
  17. Just to let my VR family and friends know that my dad passed on today, the 16th anniversary of my mothers death. I was honoured to be able to have one last father's day with him yesterday and even though he wasn't awake I gave him a shave and I think he knew I was there. Dad has been in failing health for the last few months and although we knew his time was near, it doesn't make it any easier. He was 91 years old and he lived a long and full life.
  18. Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers, Mom passed today little before 3. God Bless you all.
  19. Had a guy on a Harley pass us today. We were on a long, straight stretch, 2-lane hwy. He was behind us and I knew he was gonna pass. I was riding in right groove of the lane, allowing him better visibility ahead. Soon as the road ahead was clear, he passed... but unlike what I expected and what most anyone else would do, he didn't move over the centre line.... passed us in the left groove on our side of the road .... now why on earth would he have done that but for nothing else than to show off his noisy, fast (not) Harley. I had a good mind to gun it and leave him in a cloud of Yamadust.
  20. A couple drove down a country road for several miles, not saying a word. An earlier discussion had led to an argument and neither of them wanted to concede their position. As they passed a barnyard of mules, goats, and pigs, the husband asked sarcastically, "Relatives of Yours?" "Yep!" the wife replied, "In-laws!"
  21. i would like to share a family tradition that we do during the holidays. we set an empty plate and chair at the dinner table. no one is allowed to sit there. no one is allowed to use the setting. this place is for thoes who can not be here. and to remember them. for they have passed on. and now are enjoying a feast with our lord and saviour on his birthday. there sadly missed but not forgoten....
  22. I looked at a web site posted by "Hunter 1500" about the Guardian bells and found this verse at the bottom of the page, I thought it put into perspective why each of us rides, not just Venture's but any motorcycle and should....for those who did not see it...be shared. We are all family Ian http://www.moccsplace.com/images/gif/twinkle.gif Our lives each touch a chord with all we encounter. That chord sounds out in a song that plays only a memory of times passed by. So sweet the passage of time, so bitter the memories of people passed by. We have but one life, and no matter how good or bad, we have the ability to shape the lives around us. In our own worlds we are miles apart, separated by our beliefs, our understandings, and our view on our world. The tides that bind us is friendship and common bonds that sweep forth and turn the tides that ravage human kind. We are connected in a single effort to belong together, and be a family of bikers. On our steeds we are set free, the problems of the world no longer apply. We find our peace, and each other. It is on the road we search, and our steeds take us far. We gather those who would accept us, and pass by those that will not. We share our love of riding, and our pain of loss. Each of us carries the scars left by a world not so understanding, but through all we endure we have each other. If you accomplish no more than this you have touched my life and made one person feel not so alone. You have given me a family that I never had, and welcomed me faithfully. I may be different from every one else, but truly on the road we are all brothers and sisters. Keep your rides safe, and let us meet and share a toast to new friendships, and better rides ahead. No one is the least in our band, no one, is rejected, when we are cruising together. --Mike Burnham "DrMikeRB"
  23. well i went out for a ride after fixing the venture with the upgrade fuse box. from skydoc_17 let me tell you it works great. nothing wrong with the bike here is how my day went. i stopped at a resturant for something to eat. i had a nice old leather jacket i had for many years. i left to go to the batroom came back and had my dinner. went to leave and s##t my jacket was gone. insurance paper to the bike in there a copy. and a old coin i found with the date my mom was born 1932. i carry that for luck. she passed at age of 60 in 1992. i can replace the coin. but funds wont let me get a jacket. i found some cheap imitation ones on fleabay for $29.95 im sure they wont hold up if i went down? realy irks me i had that jacket since 1990. my brother got it for me. he passed from pancreatic cancer 5 years ago. i just hope the jerk who took it enjoys it. if he,s stupid enough to wear it with a brainerd MN patch on right side. and i see him im going to run him over. and test that jacket for him.
  24. 1BigDog

Mom

Just to let my other family know and to ask for their prayers for her......my mother passed on Monday from a variety of complications. She finally had a heart attack and signed a DNR. She passed several hours later. The day before she had said that she had seen dad waiting for her. Guess I knew this was coming but you never really expect it to happen.......
  25. Go to site to see what he didn't listen about! www.gastongazette.com/news/police-45426-driving-test.html And to think I passed my test in 1962 without the MSF.