Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

1. Preacher, another member here, and I had a fantastic ride yesterday on what some people call "The Arkansas Dragon." I didn't count the curves - got dizzy enough without trying that but I can tell you the grin factor was way up the chart. To get to the good section, find your way to Melbourne on SR69 (North of Batesville, East of Mountain View) then turn West on SR9. The curves from that point on are posted at 20-35mph and there are three beautiful vistas with paved pull-off points. Going in this direction, you end up in Syllamore just North of Mountain View and there just happens to be two GREAT catfish restuarants that also serve Rainbow Trout, steaks etc. To find the route from the West going East, just take SR5 North from Mountain View until you find SR9 East at the four way stop at Syllamore. Ride Safely Lynn http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1075674&id=639519006
  2. Here is a short video that I ran across on youtube that gives just a little taste of my favorite ride. This video shows only one of the three pigtail bridges. [ame=http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3718826354166885858&q=black+hills+iron+mountain+road&total=12&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0]Iron Mountain Road[/ame] The last time that I rode it, I tried to count the curves to see how it compared to the Tail of the Dragon, I lost count at around 250 and was only about 2/3 of the way through the road. I think the road is about 18 miles long.
  3. Does anyone know why a TCP packet is sent to Google every time I use the site? TCP Packet - Source:192.168.0.2,3039 Destination:gh-in-f155.1e100.net,80 The Destination is Google in Mountain View Ca. It may just be because of the revolving ads:
  4. I get off work at 3, and wife is suppose to have everything ready. headed to NE Alabama (Sand Mountain area) then Sunday headed up to Lookout Mountain, Tn & down through NW Ga (Lookout Mountain Parkway) then Monday headed home but gonna take the long way & scenic route through Bankhead Forrest ... all in all 485 miles of Mountains 3 state parks couple BIG water falls & some covered bridges... hope to have lots of pics...
  5. I have a 2005 Venture with 8500 miles and plan on taking it to the dealers for a service. I have changed the oil and brake fluid. The bike runs ok but of course you get used to things and don't notice little problems. What should I have the dealer look at or service ? Thank you in advance Cb Mountain Home Arkansas.
  6. http://grouprider.com/view_route.php?user=midnightrider1300&road_id=4981
  7. Took a little ride today down to Greensboro, NC to meet up with the Muffinman as he was helping out one of our new members that picked up an 83 Venture for less than a song. It was great to see him again and be able to visit and have a meal with him. He is one of the best. I was glad Brian, HotRodYJ, got to meet him. It was a bit of a cool ride, for me anyway, as most of the day was cloudy and from about 50 to 55 degrees. We also ran thru some misty rain, but it did not get us wet. Normally when you drop off the mountain going from NE TN toward the middle of NC, it gets hotter. Today at about 1pm, it was 54 degrees in Greensboro and when we got Boone, NC, it was 72 degrees and about 50 miles away in Johnson City, TN, it was 82 degrees. On the way down, we ran from about 65 to 75 mph most of the way and when I gassed up, I got 42 mpg. On the way back up the mountain, we ran the speed limit, with most being 65 mph and when I got home and filled up, I was up to 47.4 mpg, which I was happy with. We also had a little headwind going down and tailwind coming home. It was a good day, especially when we almost got a ticket by a State Trooper. RandyA
  8. This was just forwarded to me by a friend. I wanna ride it!! Too bad we can't do something like that here in the US. We have the mountains, but we also have way too many safety restrictions.... [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kjw5GhyZUu0]Sommerrodelbahn im Stubaital - Mountain Coaster - YouTube[/ame]
  9. I just couldnt beleive this sled and rider on this mountain climb ride. WOW http://www.zapiks.fr/share/player.swf?file=50284
  10. I picked up a TREK 7000 mountain bike at an auction yesterday and it has the goofiest looking valve stems on the tires. I've never seen anything like these.... ever. They kinda have a double threaded stem, and the larger size looks smaller than what you normally find on a bike tire. Anyone know what these things are, and what kind of pump they take?? Pic attached...
  11. The History Channel just did a story on the Overmountain March that started at Sycamore Shoals in Elizabethton, Tn and ended up At Kings Mountain,NC. Is is said it may have been the turning point in The Revolutionary War. I have been thinking about sometime this spring or summer in loosely taking the same ride, starting in Elizabethton and riding across the mountain, spending the night somewhere and then visiting Kings Mountain State Park in NC. What I have been thinking about, since I only live about ten miles from Elizabethton, is making it kind of an open get together for anyone interested. I have four bedrooms that I am restocking after the divorce, plenty of room for anybody that wants to camp, plus my little camper and a three room tent. We could all chip in a little and grill out, or eat out or what is preferred, kind of like the Asheville Rally, real laid back and fun. We could even look at a bit of time set aside for some maintenance, like carb sync's and maybe Steve Neal (SGN) could bring over his tire changer and we could mount it somewhere, if anyone may want to come a day or two earlier. Anyway, this is just in the dreaming stage and I thought I would throw it out. We also have Jonesborough, TN, which is the oldest town in Tennessee and was the original capital of what would have been the 14th state, which would have been Franklin, but some say that Chattanooga, Franklin just don't come out right. Jonesborough is about seven miles from my house. Anyway, it is going to be about 14 degrees tonight and I am just dreaming and wondering if there is any interest. RandyA A little cut and paste: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sycamore_Shoals http://www.sycamoreshoalstn.org/Where%20Liberty%20Began.htm In The Winning of the West, Theodore Roosevelt wrote of Kings Mountain, "This brilliant victory marked the turning point of the American Revolution." Thomas Jefferson called it, "The turn of the tide of success." Herbert Hoover's address at Kings Mountain said, "This is a place of inspiring memories. Here less than a thousand men, inspired by the urge of freedom, defeated a superior force intrenched in this strategic position. This small band of Patriots turned back a dangerous invasion well designed to separate and dismember the united Colonies. It was a little army and a little battle, but it was of mighty portent. History has done scant justice to its significance, which rightly should place it beside Lexington, Bunker Hill, Trenton and Yorktown." In 1931, the Congress of the United States created the Kings Mountain National Military Park on the site of the battle. The park headquarters is in Blacksburg, South Carolina, and hosts hundreds of thousands of people each year
  12. Well the Motorcycle cannonball run is supposed to arrive in Clovis, NM tonight. (originally posted in this thread: http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=52686) http://www.motorcyclecannonball.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=47&Itemid=53 It looks like the bikes are supposed to be on display from 430-630 (Local time - that's mountain time for you Texans coming over). My plan is to leave work, as soon as I get out of my meeting (Hopefully ~345) which will put me in Clovis around 430 (+/- 15 minutes) (Mountain time). I'll be on an 01 RSV (Green/Green), likely with a female passenger, and both of us will have silver crash jackets. So, if you are planning on heading over there keep an eye out for me and say hi (if you want that is) I may or may not grab a meal while I'm there, depending on how busy town is and who all is around. Hope to see you there!!!
  13. I think my wife and I are going to take off for Gatlinburg or Pigeon Forge Friday and ride around the area on Saturday. Of course her idea of riding around the area means to the nearest outlet mall. But I'm sure we'll make the trip over the mountain. If anyone is going to be in the area and wants to get together send me a message. Dennis
  14. We rode from Frisco through the I70 tunnel to US 40 and on through Rocky Mountain National Park today. It was a mostly overcast day. There was some paving going on in the park which delayed us about 30 minutes and we had to ride on hard packed dirt and gravel for a few miles. Wasn't a big deal. At the west park entrance we saw a group of people staring into the woods so we did too and saw a huge moose. We made it to Estes Park without getting wet. Photos are here: www.traynorphoto.com/day10 SPOT track: http://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=6473 We're headed to Hill City SD tomorrow. Dennis
  15. Wife and I out for a quick ride today and spotted a midnight on Monte Sano mountain. Anyone on here?
  16. Anybody here riding in Mountain Home, Arkansas ? Cb
  17. Had a wonderful ride yesterday around the mountains of east Tennessee and western North Carolina. Got to ride a little on the Blue Ridge Parkway, but much of it in the area I was in was closed. I rode across the Lynn Cove Viaduct near Grandfather Mountain, took a detour south and then back on to Little Switzerland. It is amazing how much tree damage there is there. In some areas, almost all the top parts of the limbs are broken off of every tree. There have also been many trees down in the areas that are open. I bet the higher areas around Mt Mitchell or south of Asheville were really bad as they were 3,000 feet higher than where I was. Most of the temp along the Parkway was around 80º and when I came down 226A to Marion, NC it was 88º. I went back over the mountain to highway 80, the Rooster tail, toward Burnsville and back across Roan Mountain. When going across Roan, which is a little over 5,500 feet at the gap at about 6pm, it was still about 65º. As I crossed over in to Tennessee, there was a lot of snow beside the road, most, much more than a foot deep. The road did not have any snow, but there was still more sand a stuff on the road than I wanted to ride on. But overall, it was a marvelous ride. What was also great was when I filled up in Spruce Pine, I got 49mpg. I have gotten 48 several times after making the needle adjustment and replacing diaphragms, but this was the first time I got 49mpg. RandyA
  18. Had a wonderful ride yesterday around the mountains of east Tennessee and western North Carolina. Got to ride a little on the Blue Ridge Parkway, but much of it in the area I was in was closed. I rode across the Lynn Cove Viaduct near Grandfather Mountain, took a detour south and then back on to Little Switzerland. It is amazing how much tree damage there is there. In some areas, almost all the top parts of the limbs are broken off of every tree. There have also been many trees down in the areas that are open. I bet the higher areas around Mt Mitchell or south of Asheville were really bad as they were 3,000 feet higher than where I was. Most of the temp along the Parkway was around 80º and when I came down 226A to Marion, NC it was 88º. I went back over the mountain to highway 80, the Rooster tail, toward Burnsville and back across Roan Mountain. When going across Roan, which is a little over 5,500 feet at the gap at about 6pm, it was still about 65º. As I crossed over in to Tennessee, there was a lot of snow beside the road, most, much more than a foot deep. The road did not have any snow, but there was still more sand a stuff on the road than I wanted to ride on. But overall, it was a marvelous ride. What was also great was when I filled up in Spruce Pine, I got 49mpg. I have gotten 48 several times after making the needle adjustment and replacing diaphragms, but this was the first time I got 49mpg. RandyA
  19. These were some of the Pictures I took from our North East Intruder Alert Ralley. We keep it small and it enables us to do some pretty cool stuff every year. Last winter we lost one of our members to diabetes so the pictures of us up on the mountain were from a tribute ride for him. We had a small urn of some of his ashes and spread them up there. http://s53.photobucket.com/albums/g51/hunter1500/th_IMG_0230.jpg http://s53.photobucket.com/albums/g51/hunter1500/th_IMG_0184.jpg
  20. Road to mountain summit of Mt Wachusett will close for two years Motorists wanting to enjoy the views of central Massachusetts and Boston from the top of Wachusett Mountain should plan to drive to the summit before the road closes this fall Once closed, it won't reopen until September of 2011 The project involves rehabbing the roadway system to promote public safety. It will involve the reclamation and overlay of roughly five miles of roads and improved signage, while protecting the area's natural,cultural and historic resources.
  21. We went up on the Skyline Drive this past weekend. Man, there is always some good sights to see. Spotsy
  22. Not a favorite, just a road report. Ride: July 2009, Weekday, AM Gas Available: None [ OK, maybe at Carvers, again I wasn't paying attention.] Direction: South Avg Speed: 80 Flora: high desert Fauna Encounters: 0 Subjective Temp: Balmy. [i live in Phoenix, AZ] Road Condition: Very Good, Arrow Straight Smokeys Seen: 0 Cars Passing Same Direction: 2 Cars Passed Same Direction: 2 Cars Passed Opposite Direction: low drip The Mountain Inn (search for Cozy Mountain Inn on the web), in Austin has rooms with new pillowtops and AC. You get a clean bed and shower and that's it, but it's $38 for two. My dream motel, but then again, I like to ride not golf.
  23. I am thinking about going to Guntown Mountain in Cave City, Kentucky this spring but, I can not find out much about it on the internet. I found out about it in a Kentucky brochure. I was wondering if any of you have been to it or know anything about it. There's alot to do in Bowllng Green, but no sure about the Guntown Mountain. Thanks hairman
  24. Went on a beautiful ride on Saturday (4/25/09) to Graves Mountain Lodge, near Syria, Virginia. Attached are a couple of pictures. There were five in our group -- three oilhead BMW twins, a Concours 14, and my Venture. Saturday lunch is served family style, all you can eat, for $10.75. Good, old-fashioned comfort food. Check them out at http://gravesmountain.com/ . Following the meal, we went downstairs and sat on rocking chairs overlooking the valley. It was hard to get off the rockers and ride home! http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss146/gssuzukiguy/GravesMtApril2529.jpg?t=1240869965 http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss146/gssuzukiguy/GravesMtApril2525.jpg?t=1240870022
  25. Hot off the press guys. Here's a shot of the 2009 Royal Star Venture. Who said they were going to re-vamp it? Just a (very) different colour scheme. They're calling it Brokeback Mountain Pink as a tribute to Heath. :rotf: | | | | | | | | | | | | \/