Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

1. So how many haw drilled there stock mufflers to get a louder sound? How many holes? What size? ans where did you drill. The Sampson Fishtails are just a bit to loud but i could deal with it if I need too.
  2. well as some know i have been trying to trace down what was a small pesky leak. thought i had it figured out. some donated parts from dingy have been sent out to me (thanks gary for the thought) well today a friend of mine who is a car mechanic and i decided to check it out we pulled it out of the storage unit and fired it up waiting for the warm up as it wouldnt leak until warmed? we got down to shine a light up there when we heard a loud pop hot anitfreeze hit both of us i got some small burns on my arm same with him. looks like the radiator blew? at least i hope thats it and not a head gasket or the engine. she was still running though after the loud pop and antifreeze all over front of the engine. im now sad and angry .. angry as i used to be able to do work on smaller bikes. sad that i just cant keep going with this being dissabled and low on $$$ makes it a every day struggle i realy want to be out there and ride. maybe when the title comes in for the bike someone here might make a fair offer on the old girl? i know that most here have the experience to put the old girl together and maybe the $$ to do it. well time for some southern comfort and a hankie to drown my sorrows and dry my tears...
  3. Finally... I'm loving it. IMHO, this is NOT a "make-work" project; rather it is a "make-peace" project. A couple of things in the article I disagree with though... - loud pipes do NOT save lives, - a noise by-law should not only target motorcycles, it should target all vehicles that are unnecessarily loud, - and if a vehiclespasses a country's muffler code at the date of manufacture it should be allowed on the streets. Kudos to my City Councilors who had the courage to listen to the majority of the voters and pass this law by a good majority. Hopefully this will start a future of peaceful night's sleep for me and hundreds of thousands of residents who are so rudely kept awake by the selfish asinine actions of a few people. http://www.guelphmercury.com/news/local/article/855774--guelph-motorcycle-noise-bylaw-make-work-project-councillor-alleges (in case the link doesn't work, full text below)... Scott Tracey, Mercury staff Mon Dec 17 2012 Guelph motorcycle noise bylaw ‘make-work project,’ councillor alleges GUELPH — Motorcyclists hoping for an early Christmas present at city council Monday night might be feeling a bit Scrooged. Despite the concerns of two of their colleagues that noise restrictions on motorcyclists are unfair and “a make-work project,” the majority of city councillors approved a new testing protocol aimed at cracking down on loud bikes. Coun. Gloria Kovach noted the staff recommendation did not include options for targeting other loud vehicles “which arguably frequent our roadways more.” Kovach said she is also concerned about how the bylaw is to be enforced, noting only Guelph Police officers have the authority to pull over a suspected noise bylaw violator. But Kovach questioned whether listening to motorcycles’ exhaust notes is an effective use of the police service, which recently introduced an online reporting system for minor crime in an effort to be more efficient. The councillor suggested the bylaw will be a “bureaucratic nightmare” which unfairly targets motorcycles over other loud vehicles. Coun. Cam Guthrie said the legislation “pits neighbour against neighbour” by providing residents with another tool to use against each other. “I think this is a make-work project, and in fact I’m embarrassed I even referred this to staff in the first place,” Guthrie said. Several motorcyclists urged councillors to scrap the idea. Doak McCraney noted municipalities which have implemented similar restrictions are now facing legal challenges. He said the provincial Highway Traffic Act already regulates what is a legal exhaust system and provides officers tools to charge motorists who are unnecessarily making noise. Bill Kerr, who came to the podium in a black and orange Harley Davidson jacket, said despite a notation to the contrary in the staff report, “Loud pipes do save lives.” Kerr provided two examples of near-misses with cars, which he attributed to being able to rev his bike and make sufficient noise he got the drivers’ attention. Fellow enthusiast Mike Theriault told council he rides a 1947 motorcycle, which would likely not pass the new noise standard. He added it would be nearly impossible to equip his bike with parts to allow it to pass. “You can’t just go and find these parts,” Theriault said. “It’s going to fail and I know it’s going to fail. “If it came off the (assembly) line that way why should it not be allowed?” Doug Godfrey, the city’s manager of bylaw compliance and security, said officers will have some discretion in applying the law and would take the age of the vehicle into consideration. The bylaw passed 10-2, with Guthrie and Kovach voting against it.
  4. After our near-death experience last night while driving home in the Silverado 4X4, there will be no more feet-dragging on getting a very loud air horn installed on the RSV. As we rounded a country road curve heading toward our subdivision at about 6:30pm, a small white car came screaming at us at what had to be 55+ mph in a 35 zone, heading right at us - in our lane! How we avoided the head-on collision is a miracle, but it involved some intuitive accident-avoidance techniques and a damn loud horn. That little car and the idiot driving (who I'm guessing was on their phone) just missed us, ran off the road back on their side, found their way back on to the blacktop and disappeared in the darkness. My wife and I just sat there and couldn't believe what had just happened. I have to admit that I've been in some close calls before, but that one really shook me up. I've been meaning to install the Stebel air horn for some time now, but never got the bracket to get the job done. That will be rectified this weekend! There are just too many cell phone addicts out there who can't stop texting or Tweeting while driving, and it's gotten too dangerous to not do everything possible to get their attention when they cross the line. My riding and driving skills are good, but they aren't enough sometimes, and my wimpy-a$$ horn is just useless in that regard. Be safe out there, and if you don't have a very loud ear piercing horn on your bike, you need to get one.
  5. just in time for XMAS Adults only NUDE SANTA ----- Scroll down to see the nude Santa * * * * * * * * * * * * * * For crying out loud. Act your age. There is no Santa !!!!
  6. I want to get me some pipes for my RSTD (slip ons) but I don't want nothing loud like drag pipes or some high pitched sound,I'm looking something that is just a little louder than stock.I want some pipes that have a good deep throaty sound but not to loud when I'm going down the road so they don't get on my nerves when I'm on a long trip.From what I read I don't think I would want Barons,so any feed back would be great!! Thanks:confused24:
  7. Well, Squidly and Lonna stopped yesterday with an empty bike trailer behind their suv so we loaded Dragonrider's '93' Trike on it. They left around 3:30 and was headed South. I suspeck that sometime this afternoon we should all hear a loud whooping and hollaring coming out of the Atlanta Ga. area - That'll be Lewis screaming as he tries to get all of the ratchet ties off his trike so he can ride it.
  8. The bride and I put on 365 miles yesterday in S W Wisconsin .This was some of the best hills and twisties I've been on but pushing my 800 lbs. two up bike around wore me out. The other guys were on sport touring and could dance right on through. There was some kind of rally going on in the area and there was 1,000 of bikes mostly loud ones . I just think "Loud pipes.. take rights". About 150 miles was freeway just to get to this area of Sconnie and fatigue was setting in but a great day, sunny and mid 80's. I think when the leaves change I'll be back , not sure about the bride that was a long ride for her .
  9. Guest

Who wants a free '86 VR?

This offer might be buried in a place where many members won't be reading so I'll put it out there, loud and clear... See post #37... http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?p=710661#post710661
  10. Does anyone have after market mufflers on their trike.Tryed for two hrs to put Rk on mine ,would not slide on header far enough. I want a little more sound but not real loud.
  11. dilemma ... My bike is SUPER load... from what I can find out the previous owner had Cherry Bomb Glasspack mufflers put on the bike... Now don't get me wrong if u like loud and awesome sound then this is the way to go... BUT i'm 51 and already my hearing from years of working in a machine shop and LOUD music has taking a toll on my hearing. Now my bike is adding to it...how much could i expect to pay for a set of used STOCK exhaust? ( i'm not really sold on going stock , but)...
  12. Hey all, I am the proud owner of an 06' midnight venture. The knucklehead before me gutted the ends of the mufflers with a screwdriver. They look like ass. The sound is good but there is alot of popping when the throttle is released or going down hill off the gas. I just installed Baron Bag Slash Slip-Ons. The factory baffles were not wrapped, Wow are they loud, can't hear my Jimmy Buffett cassette. The popping is even LOUDER now. I wrapped the baffles with fiberglass, took it down to almost bearable, still popping loud. Does anyone have a suggestion? Muffler Brand? Tuning? Etc. The Baron Mufflers are going to be returned. Thanks
  13. Will the stock mufflers off an 08 RSTD fit an 09 RSV? When I got my RSV they already had the Harley R/K mufflers on them and they are a bit too loud for me... The OEM part #s are not the same, but I am thinking they are the same...... Thanks
  14. Are the Rk exhausts that much better sounding that they are worth putting on. I don't want them loud but a little louder than the stock exhaust.
  15. When I finally got a headset for my RSV, I was told it transmitted a buzzing noise over my voice. I attributed it to the cheap Motocom headset. I have since up graded to J&M headsets. This afternoon, the neighbor across the street asked me to listen for a radio check from his Wing. He came in loud and clear, but he said he could hear me ok, too, but there was a buzzing when I hit the transmit button. The buzzing is the same engine running or not running. Any suggestions???
  16. This is really a true story, it's about some nuts that think they are superheros that "patrol" the Flint area. I repeat this is true and actual facts. With all the crime here these nuts pull a shotgun on a loud motorcycle. http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/flint/index.ssf/2012/04/we_dont_carry_weapons_says_for.html
  17. http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/news/2012/04/12/mexican-state-charges-motorcyclists-with-terrorism/?test=latestnews
  18. Hello guys and gals. I am sure this has been asked before. I am looking at changing my mufflers and want something that is not too loud yet has a nice deep throaty sound to it. It is so hard to pick something without hearing them. I have heard so many pipes on bikes that sound horrible. Not that they were loud, they just sounded like they didn't belong on the bike. Or maybe they were just crappy pipes. Who knows. And that is why I am having a hard time. A buddy of mine modified his stock pipes. Sure they were louder (not too loud). They had a deeper throaty sound however they had that cheap sound to them. He keeps offering to do the mod for me but I just don't like the sound. HELP!!!!!!!!!! My dealer suggested Bubs and (i think) Fat Boys. Again, I am looking for a good quality, deep throaty sound, not too loud while cruising. By the way, I have K&N air filters already. Will I have to re-jet if I put aftermarket pipes on? I know when I did the K&N filters and pipes on my Roadstar, it had to be re-jeted. Thanks. Any sound files would be greatly appreciated which you can email me.
  19. Need to quiet down the trike. The fish tails look and sound great. But they are to loud on long runs, So if someone is looking to unload a set of stock or RK's cheap,I'm looking.
  20. I recently bought a 2000 RSV Millennium. It had Bub slip ons that sound really good, but too loud. I couldn't hear the stereo. So, I purchased a set of stock mufflers on ebay and slipped them on. Now, I have a backfire (sometimes very LOUD) on deceleration, just as the engine reaches idle. I have greatly reduced the frequency of this backfire by raising the idle. However, it still backfires occasionally, and I really don't like the higher idle. (I'm guessing 1200-1300 as opposed to 950 or 1000, hard to tell without a tach.) I'm thinking I could adjust this backfire out. First by getting someone to follow me and see which side the backfire is on and then by adjusting the pilot screws in the carbs on the offending side. I'm just wondering...Can the Pilot screws be reached without removing the tank? Thanks. dana
  21. Got my used Khromewerks in the mail yesterday. Instalation was way easier than I thought. They look great and sound even better!!! Got to take the wife for a quick spin this evening and was given the...they aren't TOO loud answer so all is good!!! Can you see me now? Maybe not but you can sure hear me!!!!
  22. Hello I am in need of a set for my new project. I picked up 2 Ventures for parts one had been dumped and busted one side of the faring up not bad but more than a easy fix. I have been looking at it and thought it would be a waste to part it out if it ran so I put in some fresh gas oil and plugs and it started alittle more tunning and it runs great. So I took the faring off the other put on this one and took a test ride. Glad I gave it a chance to be on the road again but it is way to loud the guy I got it from did a real hack job on the mufflers. If I can find a pair of stock mufflers or some aftermarket ones that would finish it up except for its new coat of paint this winter. Thanks for any info. Orlin
  23. My 2008 RSTD has about 18K miles and has a whine mosting in 5th gear and most pronounced below 50 mph. I have been around early Willys Jeeps for most of my life and the noise happily reminds me of an early Jeep transfer case, particularly with an aftermarket overdrive is added. Mine really isn't all that loud, even with the stock mufflers. My question is; should I be concerned at all i.e. asking the dealer about changing the clutch basket or is this just a characteristic of the motorcycle and I should love it for what it is just like I love my old Jeeps? I am hoping it is the latter. R.
  24. Hey guys and girls I recently replaced my full exhaust sytem on my Royal Star Venture (I picked up a full system on ebay for 189dollars which is amazing) My old muffler pipes were rotting inside so I had to change them. The only prob I have is that the pipes are LOUD! Not harley loud but louder than what I would like. They are original Yamaha pipes but the mufflers are aftermarket Baron Pipes with the clamp(I think) Does anyone know of a way to quieten them down, I don't live in an estate so no neighbours but I'm heading to France and Spain this year and I heard they crack down on loud pipes. They have a baffle but it's not great...I think they sound great but that's another matter altogether... Does anyone here have baron pipes? If so, any suggestions on quitening them down! Thanks
  25. At Don's MD I was going to install Skydoc's upgrade kit, which as you may know, includes new clutch springs and a full friction plate to replace the factory 1/2 plate. Earl was talking me thru the job so I know it is done right. He suggested that my clutch plates were very near the end of their life so I replaced all of the friction plates, but kept the steel plates as they were not burnt or scored. I have since noticed that there is a loud noise that wasn't there before. It is much like a low pitched wind howl. It is loud enough that it is bothersome. It is at its worse when I am just poking along in 3rd or 4th around 3000 rpm but is still noticable at 4000 and above. It doesn't seem anywhere as loud in 1st or 2nd, even at those rpms. I know these bikes like the higher revs, but with rev's come more noise and sometimes just humming along feels like the right thing to do in towns etc. Now just before I changed the clutch I also changed the oil to Shell Rotella 15/40, which makes it harder to determine which is the cause...the new clutch or the new oil??? Any ideas??