Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

1. Guest

kickin tires on a Ural

Been contemplating a Ural Patrol 2WD for the winter riding season... Nothing new there, except there is a dealer just 50 miles from me. So I rode down there today and chatted. SOMEBODY STOP ME! http://www.imz-ural.com/wp-content/gallery/ural-patrol/2blpa.jpg Quote in hand.
  2. What do we make cagers think when we share the road, and related thoughts. Often and most time we blame the cager for not seeing us. This maybe true, but no matter who's to blame for the mishaps or near mishaps, riders still end up with the short end of the stick, and are the ones who have to deal with the worst aftermath. How to minimize these situations is an ongoing discussion and I would like to add to it from a different point of view. First, lets accept the fact that an accident is the fault of those involved, in our case the rider and the cager. We all know that the cager will not 'see us', so it's up to us to avoid being hit. The cager is no help in this department. With that in mind here's my thoughts: TWO LANE ROAD: 1) Always ride the left hand track, in the right hand track we get lost in the scenery and we tell others that we are not really a contender in the traffic. 2) When approaching an intersection and you have a left turner coming toward you, stay in the left hand track. If you move over to the right hand track you are telling the cager that you are making a right turn, and guess what, he's going first, and right into your path cutting off all chance of escape. If you stay in the left track and he does turn in front of you, you have a chance of going behind him. However small that opening may be, it’s may be the only one you’ve got. 3) When traveling down the road stay with the traffic speed. You are telling the cager that you are part of his environment and not just something to get out of the way. Keep your left track and block your lane. If you move to the right track you are telling them: I’m trying to give you room to pass me, try it if you think it’s ok and take me out in the process. It also gives you a better vision to the front and traffic coming towards you are also aware of your presence and so have to contend with you. 4) Always and always block your lane. You paid for it as much as anyone else, you have a right to it and it’s yours to use to your full advantage. 5) When making a right hand turn never use the right hand track, in doing so you are telling the cager that it’s ok for him to try and squeeze by you, but often times there’s not quite enough room and over you go. 6) When making a left turn use the center right track and so block your lane. Sure the cager has to wait to go past you, but then he does for anyone else as well so why not for you. If he knows he’s going to take you out he will contend with you, but if he can put you on the side in his mind, you’re the one who deals with the problems. Further more if the cager thinks that he can scoot past you and stay on the pavement he will, force him to leave the pavement and he will give you a wider berth. 7) Never give a cager the idea that you may even want to share your lane with him, it’s yours, you paid for it, at present you own it and are using it and he’s to keep away from you. 8) When stopped at a light or stop sign, tell others by your action that you own the lane, park crosswise in the middle if that’s what it takes, just don’t let anyone even think that there may be a chance that they could squeeze by. FOUR LANE, Two lanes in either direction. I find that sometimes it feels safer in the right and other times safer in the left. I’m not really stuck on the one vs. the other. 1) When in the right lane be visible and use the left track, when in the left lane be just as visible and use the right track. Again, let others know that you intend to be a contender in traffic and they will have to deal with you. This may seem to be an aggressive way of thinking and doesn’t fly with the thought that we are super vulnerable. We are super vulnerable and should never forget that fact, but that doesn’t mean that we need to tell the cager that. Let him know that we are part of the world he has to deal with and it will be much harder for him to put us aside mentally. 2) When passing continue to use the proper tracks. You may feel safer in the other track, but you won’t be taking over your rightful lane, you will be unnoticed, and therefore uncared for. 3) When doing an exit, continue to claim your right to your lane as long as possible, nobody will run you down, but if you fade to the right to try and get out the way then others will take your lane away from you before they should. These are just some thoughts, hopefully helpful, but I’m not an expert by any stretch of the imagination. Lets use this to start a discussion and to educated each other more fully. Got some helpful insight? Some good pointers? Type away and help the rest of us as well.
  3. My wife said we had to have one. She saw it at Vogel last year and it's only taken me nearly a year to get it done. I had a friend that welded it up for me and I was ready to spray it with black Krylon that I had on hand and she said "Oh NO!, that needs to be chromed". So it is. Don't you just love a wife that appreciates safety chrome! Dennis
  4. Replaced my stator with a high output one from Buckeye and all was well until yesterday morning I started it up and when I revved it up just a little I got a buzz (vibration) so I took the covers off again and the bolts are tight but I can still move the stator very little by hand so I am going to get some shorter bolts to see if that helps. Could not see any places where anything made contact.
  5. With my car that is. Coming home about 6:30pm. Fairly heavy traffic for a Saturday on GA 400 northbound just after dark. 4 lanes divided, limited access. Doing 75 in a 65 mph zone, I'm in the left lane. motorcycle comes up behind me. I'm just following the car in front and not a lot of open space anywhere. Slowly pass the car in the right lane and there's a small hole, so I flip on my blinker when I see the car in my right hand mirror and slowly start to pull into the right hand lane. Good thing I didn't switch lanes faster, cause mr ina hurry must have goosed it as soon as he saw an inch between me and the car in the right lane. I quickly stopped my lane change as I straddled the line divider. If I'd pulled over quick or not checked my mirrors again, I'd have gotten him.
  6. Some of you may have seen this before but it is too good not to share! I had tears rolling down my cheeks from laughing so much. (no...not those ones!) ABOUT THE WRITER: Dave Barry is a Pulitzer Prize-winning humor columnist for the Miami Herald. Colonoscopy Journal: I called my friend Andy Sable, a gastroenterologist, to make an appointment for a colonoscopy. A few days later, in his office, Andy showed me a color diagram of the colon, a lengthy organ that appears to go all over the place, at one point passing briefly through Minneapolis. Then Andy explained the colonoscopy procedure to me in a thorough, reassuring and patient manner. I nodded thoughtfully, but I didn't really hear anything he said, because my brain was shrieking, 'HE'S GOING TO STICK A TUBE 17,000 FEET UP YOUR BEHIND!' I left Andy's office with some written instructions, and a prescription for a product called 'MoviPrep,' which comes in a box large enough to hold a microwave oven. I will discuss MoviPrep in detail later; for now suffice it to say that we must never allow it to fall into the hands of America 's enemies.. I spent the next several days productively sitting around being nervous. Then, on the day before my colonoscopy, I began my preparation. In accordance with my instructions, I didn't eat any solid food that day; all I had was chicken broth, which is basically water, only with less flavor. Then, in the evening, I took the MoviPrep. You mix two packets of powder together in a one-liter plastic jug, then you fill it with lukewarm water. (For those unfamiliar with the metric system, a liter is about 32 gallons). Then you have to drink the whole jug. This takes about an hour, because MoviPrep tastes - and here I am being kind - like a mixture of goat spit and urinal cleanser, with just a hint of lemon. The instructions for MoviPrep, clearly written by somebody with a great sense of humor, state that after you drink it, 'a loose, watery bowel movement may result.' This is kind of like saying that after you jump off your roof, you may experience contact with the ground. MoviPrep is a nuclear laxative. I don't want to be too graphic, here, but, have you ever seen a space-shuttle launch? This is pretty much the MoviPrep experience, with you as the shuttle. There are times when you wish the commode had a seat belt. You spend several hours pretty much confined to the bathroom, spurting violently. You eliminate everything. And then, when you figure you must be totally empty, you have to drink another liter of MoviPrep, at which point, as far as I can tell, your bowels travel into the future and start eliminating food that you have not even eaten yet. After an action-packed evening, I finally got to sleep. The next morning my wife drove me to the clinic. I was very nervous. Not only was I worried about the procedure, but I had been experiencing occasional return bouts of MoviPrep spurtage. I was thinking, 'What if I spurt on Andy?' How do you apologize to a friend for something like that? Flowers would not be enough. At the clinic I had to sign many forms acknowledging that I understood and totally agreed with whatever the heck the forms said. Then they led me to a room full of other colonoscopy people, where I went inside a little curtained space and took off my clothes and put on one of those hospital garments designed by sadist perverts, the kind that, when you put it on, makes you feel even more naked than when you are actually naked.. Then a nurse named Eddie put a little needle in a vein in my left hand. Ordinarily I would have fainted, but Eddie was very good, and I was already lying down. Eddie also told me that some people put vodka in their MoviPrep.. At first I was ticked off that I hadn't thought of this, but then I pondered what would happen if you got yourself too tipsy to make it to the bathroom, so you were staggering around in full Fire Hose Mode. You would have no choice but to burn your house. When everything was ready, Eddie wheeled me into the procedure room, where Andy was waiting with a nurse and an anesthesiologist. I did not see the 17,000-foot tube, but I knew Andy had it hidden around there somewhere. I was seriously nervous at this point.. Andy had me roll over on my left side, and the anaesthesiologist began hooking something up to the needle in my hand. There was music playing in the room, and I realized that the song was 'Dancing Queen' by ABBA. I remarked to Andy that, of all the songs that could be playing during this particular procedure, 'Dancing Queen' had to be the least appropriate. 'You want me to turn it up?' said Andy, from somewhere behind me.. 'Ha ha,' I said. And then it was time, the moment I had been dreading for more than a decade. If you are squeamish, prepare yourself, because I am going to tell you, in explicit detail, exactly what it was like. I have no idea. Really. I slept through it. One moment, ABBA was yelling 'Dancing Queen, feel the beat of the tambourine,' and the next moment, I was back in the other room, waking up in a very mellow mood. Andy was looking down at me and asking me how I felt. I felt excellent. I felt even more excellent when Andy told me that It was all over, and that my colon had passed with flying colors. I have never been prouder of an internal organ. On the subject of Colonoscopies... Colonoscopies are no joke, but these comments during the exam were quite humorous..... A physician claimed that the following are actual comments made by his patients (predominately male) while he was performing their colonoscopies: 1. Take it easy Doc.. You’re boldly going where no man has gone before. 2. 'Find Amelia Earhart yet?' 3. 'Can you hear me NOW?' 4. 'Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?' 5. 'You know, in Arkansas , we're now legally married.' 6. 'Any sign of the trapped miners, Chief?' 7. 'You put your left hand in, you take your left hand out...' 8. 'Hey! Now I know how a Muppet feels!' 9. 'If your hand doesn't fit, you must quit!' 10. 'Hey Doc, let me know if you find my dignity.' 11. 'You used to be an executive at Enron, didn't you?' 12. 'God, now I know why I am not gay.' And the best one of all: 13. 'Could you write a note for my wife saying that my head is not up there?'
  7. Does anybody know what the brand of brake caliper is used on the Hannigan Trike off hand? (for a couple speed bleeders) Thanks, Jeff
  8. This is a big Thank You to Miles (The Million Mile Rider) for coming up and putting my 89 VR back together and running this morning. Having only use of one hand it would be well into next year before I would have my other hand in useable condition. As soon as my left hand gets about 80% flexibility, I will be getting more surgury to fix some more bone relayed issues. Then back to therapy again. Miles reasembles the left handle bar switch. Swaped out the battery from my wrecked 91 VR to my 89 VR. Cleaned out the carbs and got all 4 cylinders firing. Reassembled my front headlights. He taught me a few tricks on M/C maintenance. Thank you again Miles.
  9. HOW TO IDENTIFY WHERE A DRIVER IS FROM One hand on wheel, one hand on horn: Chicago One hand on wheel, one finger out window: New York One hand on wheel, one hand on newspaper, foot solidly on accelerator: Boston One hand on wheel, cradling cell phone, brick on accelerator: California. With gun in lap: L.A. Both hands on wheel, eyes shut, both feet on brake, quivering in terror: Ohio, but driving in California. Both hands in air, gesturing, both feet on accelerator, head turned to talk to someone in back seat: Italy One hand on latte, one knee on wheel, cradling cell phone, foot on brake, mind on game: Seattle One hand on wheel, one hand on hunting rifle, alternating between both feet being on the accelerator and both on the brake, throwing a McDonalds bag out the window: Texas Four wheel drive pickup truck, shotgun mounted in rear window, beer cans on floor, squirrel tails attached to antenna: West Virginia Two hands gripping wheel, blue hair barely visible above window level, driving 35 on the interstate in the left lane with the left blinker on: Florida
  10. Without searching through 1000's of threads, does anyone offer a good headset for a half helmet? Or even just a hand mic at a reasonable price?
  11. Hello all. Bad timing for me with most people already left for the International. I was trying to check my rear shock pressure before leaving tomorrow to International and towing my tent trailer. I just bought a hand bicycle pump to add pressure. When I went to take psi I couldn't get a seal and lots of air came out. I tried putting air in with the hand pump and it wasn't going in, I played with the pump and think I broke it. I can not now get any pressure psi reading with the two tire gauges I have. Any suggestions of what to do, or what I broke without realizing? I don't think I will be able to tow the trailer now if the pressure is gone. Any and all advice and criticism is welcome.
  12. If their are any members who may arrive early for the rally and would like to help set up , please feel free to come down to Pioneer on saturday and offer a hand..The rally committee will be there at noon...Many hands make a BIG job a small chore....
  13. This should NOT be read while drinking milk, soda, etc. I never dreamed slowly cruising on my motorcycle through a residential neighborhood could be so incredibly dangerous! Little did I suspect. I was on Brice Street - a very nice neighborhood with perfect lawns and slow traffic. As I passed an oncoming car, a brown furry missile shot out from under it and tumbled to a stop immediately in front of me. It was a squirrel, and must have been trying to run across the road when it encountered the car. I really was not going very fast, but there was no time to brake or avoid it -- it was that close. I hate to run over animals, and I really hate it on a motorcycle, but a squirrel should pose no danger to me. I barely had time to brace for the impact. Animal lovers, never fear. Squirrels, I discovered, can take care of themselves! Inches before impact, the squirrel flipped to his feet. He was standing on his hind legs and facing my oncoming Vulcan with steadfast resolve in his beady little eyes. His mouth opened, and at the last possible second, he screamed and lept! I am pretty sure the scream was squirrel for, "Bonzai!" or maybe, "Die you gravy-sucking, heathen scum!" The leap was nothing short of spectacular... He shot straight up, flew over my windshield, and impacted me squarely in the chest. Instantly, he set upon me. If I did not know better, I would have sworn he brought 20 of his little buddies along for the attack. Snarling, hissing, and tearing at my clothes, he was a frenzy of activity. As I was dressed only in a light T-shirt, summer riding gloves, and jeans this was a bit of a cause for concern. This furry little tornado was doing some damage! Picture a man on a huge blue and chrome cruiser, dressed in jeans, a T-shirt, and leather gloves, puttering at maybe 25 mph down a quiet residential street, and in the fight of his life with a squirrel. And losing... I grabbed for him with my left hand. After a few misses, I finally managed to snag his tail. With all my strength, I flung the evil rodent off to the left of the bike, almost running into the right curb as I recoiled from the throw. That should have done it. The matter should have ended right there. It really should have. The squirrel could have sailed into one of the pristinely kept yards and gone on about his business, and I could have headed home. No one would have been the wiser. But this was no ordinary squirrel. This was not even an ordinary angry squirrel. This was an EVIL MUTANT ATTACK SQUIRREL OF DEATH! Somehow he caught my gloved finger with one of his little hands and, with the force of the throw, swung around and with a resounding thump and an amazing impact, he landed squarely on my BACK and resumed his rather antisocial and extremely distracting activities. He also managed to take my left glove with him! The situation was not improved. Not improved at all. His attacks were continuing, and now I could not reach him. I was startled, to say the least. The combination of the force of the throw, only having one hand (the throttle hand) on the handlebars, and my jerking back unfortunately put a healthy twist through my right hand and into the throttle. A healthy twist on the throttle of a Vulcan can only have one result. Torque. This is what the Vulcan is made for, and she is very, very good at it. The engine roared and the front wheel left the pavement. The squirrel screamed in anger. The Vulcan screamed in ecstasy. I screamed in . well ..I just plain screamed. Now picture a man on a huge blue and chrome cruiser, dressed in jeans, a slightly squirrel-torn t-shirt, wearing only one leather glove, and roaring at maybe 50 mph and rapidly accelerating down a quiet residential street on one wheel, with a demonic squirrel of death on his back. The man and the squirrel are both screaming bloody murder. With the sudden acceleration I was forced to put my other hand back on the handlebars and try to get control of the bike. This was leaving the mutant squirrel to his own devices, but I really did not want to crash into somebody's tree, house, or parked car. Also, I had not yet figured out how to release the throttle...my brain was just simply overloaded. I did manage to mash the back brake, but it had little effect against the massive power of the big cruiser. About this time the squirrel decided that I was not paying sufficient attention to this very serious battle (maybe he was an evil mutant NAZI attack squirrel of death), and he came around my neck and got INSIDE my full-face helmet with me. As the faceplate closed part way, he began hissing in my face. I am quite sure my screaming changed intensity. It had little effect on the squirrel, however. The RPMs on the Dragon maxed out (since I was not bothering with shifting at the moment), so her front end started to drop. Now picture a man on a huge blue and chrome cruiser, dressed in jeans, a very raggedly torn T-shirt, wearing only one leather glove, roaring at probably 80 mph, still on one wheel, with a large puffy squirrel's tail sticking out of the mostly closed full-face helmet. By now the screams are probably getting a little hoarse. Finally I got the upper hand ... I managed to grab his tail again, pulled him out of my helmet, and slung him to the left as hard as I could. This time it worked ... sort-of. Spectacularly sort-of ... so to speak. Picture a new scene. You are a cop. You and your partner have pulled off on a quiet residential street and parked with your windows down to do some paperwork. Suddenly a man on a huge blue and chrome cruiser, dressed in jeans, a torn T-shirt flapping in the breeze, and wearing only one leather glove, moving at probably 80 mph on one wheel, and screaming bloody murder roars by, and with all his strength throws a live squirrel grenade directly into your police car. I heard screams. They weren't mine... I managed to get the big motorcycle under control and dropped the front wheel to the ground. I then used maximum braking and skidded to a stop in a cloud of tire smoke at the stop sign of a busy cross street. I would have returned to 'fess up (and to get my glove back). I really would have. Really... Except for two things. First, the cops did not seem interested or the slightest bit concerned about me at the moment. When I looked back, the doors on both sides of the patrol car were flung wide open. The cop from the passenger side was on his back, doing a crab walk into somebody's front yard, quickly moving away from the car. The cop who had been in the driver's seat was standing in the street, aiming a riot shotgun at his own police car. So, the cops were not interested in me. They often insist to "let the professionals handle it" anyway. That was one thing. The other? Well, I could clearly see shredded and flying pieces of foam and upholstery from the back seat. But I could also swear I saw the squirrel in the back window, shaking his little fist at me. That is one dangerous squirrel. And now he has a patrol car. A some what shredded patrol car but it was all his. I took a deep breath, turned on my turn-signal, made a gentle right turn off of Brice Street, and sedately left the neighborhood. I decided it was best to just buy myself a new pair of gloves. And a whole lot of Band-Aids.
  14. I have a set of Venture passenger hand holds on my RSTD. I'm getting ready to take a crack at a quick release trunk mount, but don't want to lose some form of hand grip for my passenger. Making the bracket / hand hold bar is no big issue, but what do people use for some form of non slip surface? I have seen the material for tools that you dip the handles of pliers (for example) into it. And, I have seen truck bed liner material in a can. Has anyone tried either of these for hand holds on a bike?
  15. Hi, As the new owner of a, somewhat neglected, 83 Venture I have been doing some fluid changes, cleaning etc. Well, I decided to take apart the left hand control to clean it as it was kinda "sticky". I got a little ahead of myself and took out the internal screws (before snapping a couple of pictures) and then proceeded to have a handful of parts. I've put it back together but I seem to have a spare piece. I have, historically, found that usually there aren't any spare parts. I have added some pictures. Can anyone tell me where this bit goes?
  16. Went down near Tonopah NV. last Tuesday 19th of June. I lost control of the VR. Broken right ribs, right collar bone, left hand and wrist. some rear road rash. no head, neck, back nor leg injuries. Oh ya, right lung punchured. My beautiful 91 VR with 9200 miles is totaled. Hand & wrist surgury done. I should be getting out of the UMC, Las Vegas in 2 days. Vacation started great on sat 16th june, ride down from Buckley Wa. Leaving Las Vegas monday morning for Vacaville where my daughter is an RN, Will spend a a few weeks there to heal up before taking the drive back to Buckley. Looking for ideas to get the highest value for my 91 VR, It was like it just rode off the show room floor. It was that nice.
  17. This 86 VR is my first v4, also the first 4cyl carb job I have had to do, just wondering if there's anyone around Portland Oregon that could come over and give me a hand? It would be nice to have someone help that's done this before. Thanks.
  18. It's Hell to be Old ... OLD people have problems that you haven't even considered yet! An 85-year-old man was requested by his Doctor for a sperm count as part of his physical examination. The doctor gave the man a jar and said, 'Take this jar home and bring back a semen sample tomorrow.' The next day the 85-year-old man reappeared at the doctor's office and gave him the jar, which was as clean and empty as on the previous day. The doctor asked what happened and the man explained, 'Well, doc, it's like this -- first I tried with my right hand, but nothing. Then I tried with my left hand, but still nothing. 'Then I asked my wife for help. She tried with her right hand, then with her left, still nothing. She tried with her mouth, first with the teeth in, then with her teeth out, still nothing. 'We even called up Arleen, the lady next door and she tried too, first with both hands, then an armpit, and she even tried squeezin' it between her knees, but still nothing..' The doctor was shocked! 'You asked your neighbor?' The old man replied, 'Yep, none of us could get the jar open.'
  19. Being the dumba$$ that I am, I fell last night and hit my right hand on a landscape rock. (No, not riding the bike, doing yardwork!) The result is a chipped bone just below the middle finger in the palm of the hand, and a partially torn ligament. So unless I can get the cruise control to work at under 40 mph and just use the rear brake, I'm grounded for awhile. And aren't you impressed that I typed this using my left hand only? And I'm not left handed!
  20. After 19 years of rideing my 89, finally decided its time to get a new bike . Not getting any younger, so decided, to get one now and most likly will last me till its time to " Hang it Up " as they say !! ( Whoever they are ? ) Anyway, as of yesterday I'm the proud new owner of a " New" 08 RSTD " ( Blue/Black ) . Purchased at Enumclaw, Wa. Yamaha. What to do with the 89 ?? Hmmmm ?? not sure, the Darn thing is still " running like a Swiss Watch " !!! OK, down to business, Modifications !!!! ???? --- Will be setting it up for " Solo " traveling. I'm removeing the Passenger seat, and will need a Solo, Luggage Fender Rack. Started searching last night, but not much luck ???? Anybody know who carries a Fender, Solo, Rack for the RSTD ??? I'm all ears !! And one more thing !!! Its still Cold, and Raining in Seattle this week !!!!! Also: Whats the source for that Niffty little Hand Pump, for Airing up the Shocks ??? Can't locate that information. I remember a few years ago, sombody mentioning the " Preferred " hand pump to carry on the bike And just to " Stir the Pot " After, about 30 miles on the new bike, I " Love the Handling " Very different world from rideing the 1st Gen !!! Not better, Not worse, Just different !!!!
  21. Anyone here have a stock 2nd gen left hand mirror they're not using? Larry
  22. me walking my daughter down to give her hand in marriage.. http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc501/1hondaman1100/th_menem.jpg
  23. This is too good not to share! And I can do this on the Venture. I don't usually use cruise control, but it would free up my right hand for vengeance! [ame] [/ame]
  24. I just got off the phone with JayBird, he said he's coming up on Friday so if there's a need, he'll be there with brush in hand
  25. There is a game going on with the GL1800 group that I thought would be fun to try here. We would need 2 groups (a north and south group let's say) The object of the game is to get a picture of you, your bike and a baton (one like in a relay race) in front of the state capitol buildings in all lower 48 states. The object is to then hand the baton off to someone else in your group who then would ride to another state capitol and get the picture. They would then find someone in their group to hand it to so they then can get another picture of another state capitol. Only rules would be you must be a member of this board, you must pick a team to belong to before you accept the baton from someone and you will be responsible for the baton and to meet up with someone to move it along. Once you decide on a team you can not switch sides. The GL1800 board has been trying to complete the task for 2 years now and I believe we can get it done faster. If anyone is interested in trying this let me know and I will put all the rules and such together. I would also need a person to be "captain" of the other team to get it started.. It would get some people riding and also get us to meet some new people Let me know what you all think . Rick :group cheers: