Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

Found 21 results

1. I've started shopping for a new trailer to pull behind my new Goldwing. I want something that will look decent behind it that is color matched. I really like the Hannigan, Bushtec, and Sillouette trailers. The Hannigan would be my first choice but they had a fire recently and I can't get one until later in the summer. The Bushtec is kind of pricey and I haven't convinced myself they are worth $5000. The Sillouette looks good but they are crazy priced at $6000+. I also considered an Aluma MCT but my wife vetoed that based on looks. Tonight I ran across the Blade trailer from Timeout Trailers in Elkhart. http://timeouttrailers.org/Blade.aspx This is the first I've heard of them. From there website they seem to have a better value. Is anyone familiar with the trailer or company? Thanks, Dennis
  2. On a ride with a Goldwing Bud a few weeks ago I was envious of is Bushtec Cooler Rack attached to this Bushtec hitch. On a weekend trip we had no need for the trailer, but his cooler held some cold drinks and snacks. His wife liked it and my wife "REALLY" liked it. Sleeperhawk has a rack I liked some time back, but that company is out of business. Soooooo I ordered the same Igloo 16Qt. cooler that Bushtec uses and had the frame and cover made. On his Wing it is mounted longways left to right (Wing Lights mounted higher than RSV). I did not want to "WIRE" the rack so I measured and discovered that the cooler mounted N & S versus E & W (could not see the turn signals that way on the RSV) would work. I have a signal dynamics light bar for the brake, and the license plate is visible so here it is. Note: I ordered FuzzyRSTD's Hitch Clamp from our sight to tighten things up. Works GREAT by the way. All in...$120..... Long Tall Lynchburg, VA
  3. I need to order a pin from Bushtec that would fit in a priority box USPS for $5.95, They will only use fed ex or Ups. Sales claimed that they had no way to track packages with Post office???? Anyway for a $49 part They are wanting $14 shipping. I don't mind paying I just feel that this is gouging....
  4. Buddy has a 2006 RSV with a 4 pin wiring harness, He is wanting to pull my Bushtec trailer that has a 6 pin. Does anyone no of a converter or should I just tell him to order the harness from Bushtec? Anyone with a sugguestion? Thanks
  5. For those who have or are looking at bunkhouse pop ups they have been bought by bushtec. Here's the new website since that has changed too. http://bunkhousecamper.com/ Margaret
  6. I have heard about setting up a relay, I am in the process of making a deal on a bushtec trailer in Las Vegas, I am of course in Illinois was wondering if This could actually work to do a trailer relay. or if someone is headed this direction and would bring it with them!!! it does have the bushtec Hiam hitch so that would be a consideration for whomever would consider doing this.
  7. Need help finding a push button lock for my bushtec trailer. The current lock has to be operated with a key everytime you want to get in. Hoping someone might have an idea on a push button lock similar to our trunk lids. Thanks for any sugguestions.
  8. Went to Rocky Face Ga. Tuesday and picked up a Bushtec Turbo 2 trailer, I think I will get alot of use from this one! Now I gotta get some time off so I can load it up and drag it around some. Will need to get the lights wired in first though.
  9. Anyone have a Bushtec hitch for an 08 RSV that they would be looking to part with?
  10. I'm hoping to pick up an 08 Bushtec Roadstar trailer this weekend. Now I need to start thinking about a hitch? Bushtec hitches are "pricy"...and not the "attractive".... What/who's hitch do you recommend for an 08 RSV pulling an 08 Bushtec Roadstar trailer? Will the hitch accept the same PIN required for a Bushtec trailer?
  11. I own a Bushtec Trailer with about 10,000 miles on it. Just bought 2003 Midnight Venture. What hitch would be the best for this bike? Of course I can buy a Bushtec hitch but some others LOOK better. Any ideas?
  12. Does anyone have an opinion on the Bushtec Quantum series trailer?
  13. I went to a dealer in the next town, just to look at trikes and while I was there I spotted the Bushtec Roadstar. They almost had me sold on it. It looks wonderful and just what we need for our West Coast trip this summer. - I just can't get over the 4k price!! I read a few of the other posts on here about Bushtec and most have the same reaction - the price!! I like the idea that the quality / design is tops. I would hate to spend a few dollars less and not be happy with it. I wish there were other dealers locally that had different brands to compare with. I've got a month to find one, so if any of you have other suggestions, please speak up. craigr
  14. OK folks, I am looking for help/suggestions here. As most of you know, Darrell Steuer (Maddabber) was the winner of the Bushtec trailer at this years VentureRider International Rally. Most of you also know that Darrell is dealing with some serious health issues at this time and I hope you are all praying for him. Last week, I drove down to Jacksboro, TN to the Bushtec factory and picked up his trailer for him and now have it at my house here in Oberlin, OH. I told Darrell that I would store it for him until he is able to get it and I have absolutely no problem doing that but it would be great if we could get it to him. So, do we have enough members between here and London, Ontario, Canada to pull this off? I also need information on getting it across the border. All the paperwork for the trailer was mailed to Darrell and I'm sure he will send it to us if we need it but what do we need and what is it going to cost to get it across the border? Your suggestions are welcome and needed. Thanks.
  15. A friend of mine has a 1 year old Bushtec trailerwith all the bells and whistles that he paid $4800.00 for. He has used it once to Vegas and back and is going to sell it to me foe $3000.00. More than I wanted to spend on a trailer, but a great deal. He keeps all of his stuff polished inside a garage so I know it is nice, The price includes cover and hitch and he is also gonna wire my trike. The only problem is it is black and my trike is pewter. I just could not pass it up.
  16. Sorry everyone...I thought I had already posted who won the trailer....guess the week and weekend fried my brain worse then I thought. The winner of the beautiful Bushtec trailer was Darrell Steuer, a.k.a. Maddabber. Congratulations Darrell!:banana: I have to also give out a really big thanks to Bushtec for their amazing support of this group and this event. Without the deal thatthey give us for this trailer, we would never be able to have the trailer raffle.
  17. As some of you know, we are hoping to give away another Bushtec trailer as the grand price at our International Rally in Ontario. Have you bought your tickets yet? Whether or not we are able to give away the trailer will depend upon whether or not we sell enough tickets to purchase the trailer. We simply cannot lose money to do it. On the other hand, we are not trying to MAKE any money either, just breaking even will be fine. As they did last year, Bushtec is selling us the trailer at a DEEPLY discounted price so this is a great deal for us and will be for you too if you are the winner. So...if you have not purchased your raffle tickets and wish to do so, please don't wait until you get to the Rally. Tickets are $10.00 each or 3 for $25.00 and can be purchased via PayPal to reinyrooster@hotmail.com More information about the trailer (your choice of two models) and other rally information is available at http://www.venturerider.org/irally/
  18. I had my Bushtec Trl. painted to match the 06 black cherry RSV. I did not seal the deck lid 3rd tail light correctley and developed a leak. Called bushtec, long story short... rode to their factory in Jacksboro, Tn. They fixed leak free. While there I had a luggage rack and bearings installed. No labor or installation cost. If you buy from them the labor is free. Met a GW rider there from Ga. who had ordered a trl. to match his GW paint job. He was leaving in one week for a ride out west. Bushtec could not have his trl. ready in time, so they loaned him one to pull for his trip., (unheard of). I have never dealt with a company that treated the customer so nice. Can not say enough for this company, if you get a chance tour their factory...If you come through Chattanooga, I will take you there. :cool10:
  19. OK folks...we have decided to give away another new Bushtec trailer this year at the International VentureRider Rally. As last year, you DO NOT HAVE TO BE PRESENT TO WIN. The winner will be awarded a gift certificate for their choice of the Bushtec RoadStar or Turbo II trailer. You will be responsible for picking up the trailer from Bushtec or paying for shipping. Please see the rally page at http://www.venturerider.org/irally for complete details and to order your raffle tickets.
  20. I was in a local indy shop today and he has a 2006 Bushtec trailer for sale. Less than a 100 miles pulled. He is asking $3000. for it and if anyone is intrested I can give you his phone number. It is white-has the front bra-and covered cooler mounted on it. Looks good. I have no intrest other then letting ya'll know of a good deal.
  21. Guest

Bushtec trailer?

take a look at this - 83 with what looks to be a bushtec trailer - might be worth purchasing the bike to get the trailer! may need to cut and paste the address: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yamaha-Venture-XVZ1200-with-custom-trailer_W0QQitemZ320161669500QQihZ011QQcategoryZ6718QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem