Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

Found 14 results

1. THis has been a long winter and I am getting more than a little bit stir crazy so I cant be held resonsible for my thoughts...lol I think we should start up a list and add everyone to it that makes a comment about how nice and warm it is, and bugs us about the cold and ice, and that they rode, blah, blah, blah .......and then put that list in a safe place until the really hot weather hits them in August when they dont want to ride and we should all send them pictures and notes reminding of all the fun we are having where we are. Ok, now who wants to be first on my list......... Brian
  2. THEY COULD NOT FIND THE ENGINE I PURCHASED ON EBAY 4 days ago!!! I emailed my arrival date along with my payment intentions. I called repeatedly to confirm. No answer, only busy signals. I arrived Dec. 28 waiting for the door to be unlocked. They spent 45 minutes looking for it before they told me that it wasn't where it was supposed to be. I did the requisite song and dance about deciding to do business with a company who professed their good reputation online, yet no one answering phones... blah, blah, blah, and "then I arrive here and you can't even find an engine you just posted on eBay?!?!" I was finally invited out back to start looking too...apparently in violation of strict orders from the boss who wasn't there...but after driving for 5 hours and spending the night in a hotel, they might have sensed that I was about to have a royal Canadian bird right then and there if I didn't get my engine. We found 2 other engines. One I recognized from online that looked like crap, which was why I went for the one that came up for sale more recently. The other engine we found was missing a side cover but looked a lot cleaner, however it might have 3 times the mileage than the one I saw online...ODO was 17,542...it looked that clean but I have to doubt it. Amber, the girl behind the desk, couldn't make a deal, but she expressed her frustration working a job without the required manpower, and covering for people who weren't at this location. She phoned the boss, the only concession was $25 off. WARNING: Pinwall Cycle is moving to a new location. There are signs all over the shop saying they are moving to the old Canton Elevator building. The move is planned to be completed by August 2011. The place is in total chaos now, half crew at new location, half at the old place. If this move is going to last for 8 months, and they don't have the ability to keep track of a whole engine in the mean time, I'm warning you all about potential order problems in the coming months.
  3. Another dumb question but i'm tired of searching online... I'm still figuring all this stuff out about this new (to me) 84venture. I need a new tire. No bike shops in my town...blah blah blah... SO: when shopping for a rear tire...What size should I be looking for and what should I expect to spend for the tire and install (on average). thx y'all a
  4. Just curious about county road 257(I think). Leaves right at the entrance to little river canyon mouth park. has a sign that states "23 miles to Hwy 35. Not suitable for trailers, rv, semis," blah, blah, blah. What about motorcycles? looks blacktop and like it would be a blast by looking at the map.
  5. Hi Everyone! Just thought that I'd share my experience of the previous weekend. I met up with my father and his brand new 2010 Harley Street Glide. I like my RSTD quite a fair bit, but did come very close to purchasing an older model Electra Glide over it due to the Harley experience, blah blah blah. Well I can say firmly that after taking it out for the day and swapping back and forth a few times, the RSTD is now my Pride and Joy! I guess I was taking for granted how great my bike really is. Clutch whine, pfft, I'll take that any day. First off, the Harley Vibe was so strong it was shaking my to pieces. I was finding myself joking around by over exaggerating the shaking, like I was being electrocuted, when were were side-by-side at the stop light. I really didn't enjoy the vibes, especially in stop-and-go traffic - it not really fun. Yes, it did straighten out once we got going and it was nice and stable. Sound wise, well, its low and deep. Which actually gave me a pulsing headache after a few hours. But what I did notice was how GOOD my RSTD exhaust sounded. Nice and crisp, and when the old guy layed on it once he figured out the high rpm game, wow, just great. I kept trying to take off really quickly with the Glide, but was shocked to see my RSTD right in my side mirror everytime. Neck and neck, we were keeping up to each other with no difficulties, and he's got the stage 1 on the Harley. Don't get me wrong here, the Harley is a nice ride, but I was so thrilled when I got back on my RSTD! I feel like a million bucks now. Maybe I will save that much now that my Harley lust is gone down the toilet. :mo money:
  6. No, it's not about my new 'backrest.' It's to help stop an annoyance, and a disgrace! There are several car stealerships that try to take advantage of our younger, less-informed US Marines stationed here at Camp Lejeune (which is 8 miles from my house) by offering them GUARANTEED financing, blah blah blah. Well, they're now going WAY out of their way to try and bait these Marines in. Please take a moment to look at http://onslow.craigslist.org/cta/ This is the Car/Truck ads for Jacksonville, NC. There are a LOT of ads featuring "Brian The Car Guy" and others listed in Chesapeake, and VA Beach. I'm just asking all lthe VR Members (who read this, and can spare a few clicks to help out the Marines here) to find any ads for "Brian The Car Guy" "Chesapeake" or "VA Beach" and flag them as MISCATEGORIZED. These Marines already dodge enough bullets overseas, let's help them dodge these domestic ones! I've contacted these dealerships personally, and asked them to please remove their postings in this areas, since they are all over 3 HOURS AWAY. They pretty much told me Marines are easy targets. Maybe I'm making a mountain out of a molehill, and maybe I should just stay off Craigslist... but it pi$$es me off.
  7. My Dad is looking to sell his 2000 RK with 31k on it. Very clean, black, fuel injected, all the fun stuff like LED mirrors with integrated turn signals, removable sissy bar, air horn, extra lighting on the rear, blah blah blah. He wants to buy a new Road Glide or Street glide... If I'm not mistaken he said $8500 would make him happy. I'd be all over it, but I can't cough up the dough. I'll try to get a classified ad in here today, it's located in Richlands, NC 28574. It looks just like this one, but Dad's has stock pipes. http://images01.olx.com/ui/2/91/83/f_23678883_1.jpeg
  8. Guest

Tires

Hey I don't want to start a tire debate with this one, I went to my stealer while a friend of mine had his tire put on his GW why he didn't bring it here and use my jack I don't know, to change the tire was 70.00 5 bolts and the tire drops down... So the parts guy told him to keep his eye open in April they will run a sale on Metzler tires, I said what about E's or avon, then reach across the counter shook my hand and said good luck with them, they are the internet king of tires, blah blah, then as I look around, I said oh I get you don't have them in stock and you don't sell them... Here was the kicker for me, How much to change the my tire out "rear" he said 135.00. Sounds good to me what kind of tire...No that is labor only, so might open me a shop changing tires at less rate and in 2 yrs retire...They are nuts on that price
  9. Have an 09 Tour Deluxe and have a rattle noise coming from the clutch. Kind of sounds like the noise you would hear from the engine from using low octane gas. Asked the dealer about and their answer was that it is common with these bikes. Said something about the plates in the clutch blah blah blah he started talking over my limited mechancial abilities. Was wondering if any one else has this noise and if they did what they did to get it fixed. Love the bike but would love to quite down the noise. Attached is a tech notice about 07 models about the primary driven gear damper changed on 08's from a rubber cushion to a spring type to reduce and I would assume they stayed on that course for the 09's or should I? Any suggestions?
  10. Hi folks, So here's what happened, I never winterized my Gen 2 because I had plans to haul down south sometime this winter. Plus I got lazy and hunting and football and blah blah blah. So we finally got a little warmer weather last week and I started it up last week anyway bad gas plus I think I flooded it. So it wouldn't run very well and had smoke pouring out the pipes more on the left side than right. Yesterday I drained the tank and then added sea foam but it still ran poorly. Today I pulled the tank (huge accomplishment for me) and managed to pull the two rear plugs. They were both wet and pretty black, now how the heck do I get to the front ones? There is just a ton of stuff in on top of them. I can't figure it out. I did a search but just didn't happen find what I was looking for. Help me please!!!!!!!!!!!! Danimal
  11. After much to-do, I finally settled on a Garmin C580. Got a good deal ( I think) at ~$183 new in the box..not refurbed. I just couldn't bring myself to pay 2-3 times that for a Zumo. (or any of the other m/c specific units) Bought the appropriate RAM mount components to swap the unit back & forth between bikes and over to the truck on occasion. I still have to add aux power outlets to both bikes for the pwr plug (It's got some integral gizmo for MSNdirect). OK....yada, yada, yada....bluetooth...blah, blah, blah and so on! Now, to the point! The C580 (not being a motorcycle friendly unit) has a pop-on, pop-off ball-socket on the back, that I wouldn't want to trust to resist a sharp bump in the road and not be rolling down the road after me at 60mph or so. I recall seeing some GPS post recommending tethering GPS units to avoid such an incident as I described above. The question is ....HOW? So, here I am.....asking for opinions or recommendations/ideas as to tethering solutions. I have a couple of ideas, but I'd like you folks input before I decide what I'm going to do. How'd you do yours (if you did), or maybe one you saw that was neat or whatever!!! Thanks for any input!!!!
  12. Yeah yeah, I know its not motorcycle related. I figured I would give any puckheads here a shot a some of this stuff before I EBAY it or whatever I decide to do with it. I am going to move to Florida and am gonna sell of a bunch of stuff I dont wanna drag along with me. If anyone is interested I have tons of autographed hockey pics and cards that I have collected over the years. Some of the stuff I have is: Gordie Howe, Wayne Gretzky (this is framed 8x10 with a die cut icon card included and a stat sheet), Rocket Richard, Terrible Ted Lindsey, Grant Fuhr, Bobby Hull, Brett Hull, Forsberg, Sakic, John Leclair. A Roy Sakic and Lemieux holding the Conn Smythe, Gump Worsley, Boom Boom Geoffrion, Bernie Parent, Mark Mesier, Tony Twist, Dominik Hasek...blah blah blah. Tons of stuff including a 1 year only promotional goalie stick ( a real stick not some cheap plasitc knock off) with the AVS logo and Miller Lite ( Coors Light became the sponsor the second year and still is) and thousands of cards. If you are interested hit me up. Looking for something in particular...I might have it. Can send pics of things you are interested in.
  13. Well me and the Mrs. are finally making our ride to Florida. We are leaving this Saturday night-June 28th or very early Sunday morning (like 2 am). Had to do some re routing because of the flooding in the midwest. Still couldnt find any maps of the flood area so we just decided to play it safe. Now instead of running I-70 thru St. Louis then running down I-24 to I-75 to the Turnpike we are turning off I-70 at Salina KS, to OKC then I-40 to Memphis, then I-55 to the Gulf coast then to Florida. Bike is all set...rejetting for sea level today, new tires blah blah blah. Wifey as always is proving what a bad ass she is. Yesterday she got a stint put in her kidney (because it almost shut down due to the major meds they put her on for her hip) and shes gonna make the ride with it. 2300 miles each way. Then on the 21st of July she has hip replacement! I couldn't do it.....I get a splinter and want my mommy. Anyway, I would love to stick to my original route so if anyone has any info about the roads from..lets say..I-70 east from Columbia Mo thru STL and then out to Mt. Vernon on I-64 and i-57 to I-24 thru TN Would be helpful. If not....no biggie. Will peek in when I get to Florida...planning on about 3 days road time. Colorado folks can read about it in upcoming issues of Thunder Roads Magazine. My pen name on there is "The Viking"....I will be in and out for the next day or so..so maybe I will get a chance to talk to some of ya before we leave.
  14. PITBULL

WTF?!?

Alright I cant let this one go much more without saying something . Being and old HD guy I notice that lots of you like to bash HD BUT then you turn around and wanna load yer bike with HD parts!!! RK pipes, HD lightbars ECT....Im not pointing fingers or anything (yes I am) I just have to chuckle when I read you guys bad mouth HD then turn around and wanna make yer ride sound like one. I know im gonna get some responses...blah blah blah...HD this and HD that...reliablity issues blah blah blah. Whatever....bring it