Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

Found 6 results

1. My 2018 TC audio is giving me fits. Weather before or after starting the bike with my iPhone plugged into the bike right side pocket it continues trying to access a usb flashing on and off the touch screen and not charging my phone. Every once in a while it will connect as an iPod and change from my fm channel to music on my phone. I change back to radio and a couple minutes later it changes back to iPod. Help!!!!
  2. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hu7YCBTP2g8&feature=grec_index]YouTube - Motorcycle engine for a USB hub[/ame]
  3. I want to put a USB port in the fairing of my '07. I will use it to power an iPhone. My question for any shade tree electricians is: Can I just run the USB straight to a power source? Do I need to regulate voltage going to the port? I don't care if I fry the USB port, I just don't want to fry my phone when I plug it in! Thanks in advance for any advice/tips/warnings!
  4. I'm in a pickle. Got a new motherboard with one PS2 port and a bunch of USB ports. Also have a mouse and a keyboard with PS2 connectors. Do the math, pick the mouse or pick the keyboard, only one can be connected at a time. Boot up with either one and it works. The keyboard is needed to key in my login password, Unfortunately the driver setup that came with the MB does not seem to recognize keyboard tabs or arrows so I can't install the drivers that would --- hopefully --- allow the USB ports to work. Yes, I got a USB to PS2 adapter but neither mouse nor keyboard works when connected to a USB port. The Win7 Control Panel does not appear very helpful compared to the one in Win2K. Haven't found a way to see the status of any devices yet. Boot up and plug in the mouse USB and the computer says installing device drivers, as expected, but the install fails for reasons unknown to me. Anyone got any experience with this confounded contraption who could offer any advice?
  5. Hello all, I've mounted a set of Pyle speakers, USB charging port, MP3 shelf, and volume control along with 2 RAM handlebar mounts (pics to follow) and have all of the wiring run back to install the 300 watt amp and USB charging port to power. I don't want either the amp or the USB charger to operate with the bike off - neither have "off" switches - and I'm looking for the best place to tap into the electrics. There is a white plug behind the battery with black and brown with gray stripe wires. I've not yet broken out a multi meter but I'm hoping these will supply hot & ground for a tap. If someone could confirm this (and to what amp fuse it goes to) I would be grateful. If there are any other places to tap in I would appreciate knowing where and what color, pix a huge plus. For my "always hot" connections I use a powerlet tap direct to battery so I have that covered.
  6. I have an older Dell laptop with an SD slot. Like many others, it will not take the new high capacity SD cards. The hardware has a 2GB limit. I also can't read other cards. I have a big multi-card reader on my docking port at home. So, I went hunting. I came up with a Targus brand adapter. It reads the HC cards without any drivers. It is a 32 in 1 reader with a USB cord. Very small - about the size of a large matchbook. Uses a standard mini usb plug like a lot of other items. Targus TGR-CRD25 Wal Mart for $12.95 It also reads the MMC and XD cards (Like in your camera PONCH) JB