Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

1. This coming weekend Im leading nine bikes from Long Island up to Mt Washington; a 3 day trip. Day one plan was to get as far north as possible staying off the main arteries as much as possible. Day two, top of the mountain and surrounding roads. Day three buzz home, probably highways to New London CT for the ferry to Long Island. SO, any road tips up on day one and around the Mt Washington area on day two are appreciated. thx andrew
  2. Take a look and listen................ http://youtube.googleapis.com/v/x2ml2wWBCm8%26autoplay=1%26showinfo=0
  3. What is the best battery for my 89 VR and besided doing mail order can I purchase it locally in Washington State.
  4. The tree is on Vashon Island, which is between Tacoma and Seattle, Washington. Quite amazing! http://venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=71713&d=1348117744
  5. thought some of you would be interested in this http://blog.al.com/tuscaloosa/2012/05/run_for_the_wall_tuscaloosa.html#incart_hbx
  6. We're thinking about taking a trip to Washington DC and would like some recommendations on where to stay. I've been there a couple of times but have never stayed in the touristy area. Somewhere on the public transit would be good. Any suggestions?
  7. The Weather Channel says yesterday's east coast earthquake was caused by an unknown fault line running under D.C. and through Virginia. It is now being called Obama's Fault, though Obama will say it's really Bush's Fault. Other theories are that it was the founding fathers rolling over in their graves, or that what we all believed to be an earthquake was actually the effects of a 14.6 trillion dollar check bouncing in Washington. (I loved this one and just had to share it - thanks!!)
  8. At the top of Mt Washington, NH at the end of the Auto Road on 7-18-2011. Ontario Plates. Anyone here?? RSTDdog
  9. Was wondering if anyone might be planning a maintenance day for Washington State in the near future. I'd hold one but I'm just a newbie to m/c in 27 years and with less than a year with the VR, so I don't know much nor do I have a lot of VR speciality tools. I do have a new and unused Carbtune, one of those steering tools from "Dingy", do have a m/c jack. Then I have some tools that I've collected over the years for my auto with some metric sockets, wrenches and allen. Do have a torque wrench. I have a lot of odds and end tools. Nothing really expensive. I do have a fairly good size place where I could back out the 3 cars to fit several bikes on a solid cement floor if it rains or a large cement pad in front of the garage if the weather is good. Just need someone with a lot of VR maintenance experience. I do have a huge deck that can accomodate a large barbeque. I think my profile has a picture of it behind my 89 VR. The down side is that I work 26 days on and 2 days off and many of my 2 days off are spent with my wife. But if planned far enough in the future I could make one work and it would need to be on a Sunday. Oh the other thing is that my wife and I have a no alcohol rule, sorrrrry. Let me know if this interests anyone.
  10. Hi all..My wife and i are leaving the Edmonton,Alberta area in early September and would like to drive the coast highway from northern Washington to approximately San Francisco...we were curious about the typical weather that time of year...traffic...availabilty of moderate motels...etc. any advise would be appreciated...we are newbies to touring... Randy.
  11. I recently purchased a saddlebag on Ebay but the seller was selling 2 at the same time. I have the wrong one here and the one I won is in Washington. I'm just wondering if its anyone who belongs to this group? Thanks Keith
  12. I've again, been thinking about a m/c trip to Alaska. I figured on riding to Alaska, then shipping the bike back. - Is this cheating? I CAN take 4 weeks off work, but would rather take 3. Do you think a person could travel from Omaha to Washington, then up the coast to Alaska in 3 weeks? I haven't looked at a map yet to figure out the path. I have a cousin in N.E. Washington that I would like to stop and see for a day on the way up. craigr
  13. Well, since I will not make it to Nelson, BC like I wanted to I figured I can still enjoy my ride to work... Both there and back. I will be departing Lubbock, Texas the morning of 4/July. Heading up to Rawlins, WY for the night. The following morning I'll depart Rawlins, head north following Highway 287 through Yellowstone all the way up to Whitehall, MT, where I will likely stop for the night. Then take the slab up to Spokane, Washington where I will have to decide whether to slab it all the way to Seattle or take US-2, 97, and Highway 20 to intersect with I-5 just north of Seattle. There will probably be an overnight stop sometime in there depending on which way I decide to go. Then the last day will land me at the Lab I will be working at in Vancouver, BC. This route seems better than slabbing it the whole way up there but for you folks that live in the Yellowstone area, I am DEFINITELY up for suggestions. I am looking to see quite a bit on the way but still make reasonable time. Same goes for folks in Washington, I am certainly up for route advice, and would appreciate any and all input. Route advice, the essential things to see and take dorky pictures of myself and bike along the way are all appreciated and welcomed. Thanks in advance! By the way, I plan on posting pictures along the way and some updates to this thread - just in case anyone is interested.
  14. Looking for any info on riding in the state. How are the road conditions on the road up to Mnt Washington. What are some other good senic touring routes and stuff to do. Thanks Nyjerry
  15. Well at least Iron Butt-ish. Last week on my way to visit sis in Washington, I had my first over 1k day. Brush Co to Thompson Falls Montana. The Tom Tom said it was 1050 miles. Great day and the Venture ran great. Second part of the trip took me over Hwy 20 through Washington. It was amazing, even by Colorado standards, this was a great ride. Great roads, fantastic views and plenty of our favorite signs. (not Free Beer, our other favorite signs) George
  16. We're heading south in July and I'd like some help on the best route from Boston to Washington, DC. I know the route from here to Boston well, and I know where I'm going after I get to Washington. I looking for a fast route from Boston to Washington, but I don't want to get in heavy traffic. We'll be traveling this area on a Sunday. Washington is pretty much the beginning of this trip and Nashville is the destination with some nice riding in between (Skyline, Blueridge, Dragon, and a bunch of other roads). Any and all help is appreciated. John
  17. We're heading south in July and I'd like some help on the best route from Boston to Washington, DC. I know the route from here to Boston well, and I know where I'm going after I get to Washington. I looking for a fast route from Boston to Washington, but I don't want to get in heavy traffic. We'll be traveling this area on a Sunday. Washington is pretty much the beginning of this trip and Nashville is the destination with some nice riding in between (Skyline, Blueridge, Dragon, and a bunch of other roads). Any and all help is appreciated. John
  18. Each year my best friend and I take a trip to somewhere on our bikes. This year we are headed to Washington. We leave in less than three weeks!! WOW I can't wait!! We live in Modesto, CA. Gonna head out over the Altamont Pass, take 680 to 24 to 80 to 101 and on up. Stopping the first night in Fort Bragg on the Pacific Coast Highway. Day two will see us up Hwy 1 to Cresent City where we will crash for night two. Then up into Oregon to see my little sister in Toledo, OR for night three. Day four will get us to Portland, OR where we will stay the night but not before we explore the southern part of Washington. Day six gets us back down to Eugene, OR. Easy day, nice hotel and probably a movie at the theater right across the street. Day seven gets us around Crater Lake and down to Mount Shasta, CA for the night. Day eight to Paradise, CA and back home on day nine.
  19. Bring your flags and lets ride.
  20. Here is a step in the right direction. Hope it catches on in other states. Seattle Washington
  21. HI All got a new E-mail scam to day as follows a little long:sign busted: Full View Re: FROM FBI WASHINGTON, CHANGE OF ACCOUNT......... From:Robert S .Mueller III Add to ContactsTo: Anti-Terrorist and Monetary Crimes Division Fbi Headquarters In Washington, D.C. Federal Bureau Of Investigation J. Edgar Hoover Building 935 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW Washington, D.C. 20535-0001 ATTENTION: SIR/MADAM. For your information, we have been authorized by the President Barrack Obama to get everyone who is involved in money laundry and terrorism; this was as a result of what happened by a Nigerian man with reported links to al-Qaida tried to blow up a US airliner with a new type of explosive device Friday before being tackled by passengers in what officials said was an attempted Christmas Day terror. Now your name has also been included in the list of terrorism and money laundry because you have been taking this matter for granted since but now we have started taking our legal action because no one is above the law and we can not allow anyone to bring shame to our country, since you have decided not to cooperate with us by furnishing us with the required certificate, we have therefore forwarded your name and information including your picture to the office of the Presidency as he required and right now he has warned us seriously and ordered that we should get everyone arrested and charge them to court immediately because this is not a childish play. The best you can do right now is to forward to us the certificate that is FBI Identification Record, Tax Clearance and Diplomatic Immunity Seal Of Transfer (DIST) so that we can forward it to the President and tell him that you earned the fund legally and not a money laundry or for sponsoring terrorism because this is what we are going to charge you of course you know the penalty and our government will not tolerate it any longer. For your information, you have only 3 working days to provide it otherwise you will be arrested immediately and hand your case file over to the presidency. The ball is in your court, note that the person you will contact that will help you to get the certificate is Barrister Kayode Dalhatu an attorney to ECONOMIC AND FINANCIAL CRIME COMMISSION (EFCC) Nigeria or Executive/Chairman of Economic and Financial Crimes Commission. (EFCC) Mrs. Farida Mzamber Waziri, we are now back and ready to take up this case to any level because seat down and watch not only foreigners but also our own citizens to involve in illegal action, especially in money laundry and terrorism. Be warned and don’t fail to get back to us immediately otherwise you will hear our knock on your door with hand-cuff, on your return to this message, we are going to confirm the email address of Barrister Kayode Dalhatu so that you can contact him for the issuance of the certificate. We look forward to hear from you today. THANKS FOR YOUR CO-OPERATION. ROBERT MUELLER WASHINGTON DC Anti-Terrorist and Monetary Crimes Division Fbi Headquarters In Washington, D.C. Federal Bureau Of Investigation http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/sch/sc/logo_preview.gif [/url] News
  22. Washington State Police estimated 30,000 motorcycles and 70,000 people attended this years "Oyster Run" in Anacortes Washington. And I BELIEVE them! It took me almost an hour when I left just to run the "Gauntlet". This is rapidly becoming Sturgis West! silverdeer
  23. hi guys and gals! Just got back from a long trip down into the USA and on the way back we decided to make a small detour to climb Mt Washington on the bike.. the whole week was all sunshine and heat!! except for one day out of 12 days we were out.. http://www.myvstar.ca/washington/ Hope you enjoy the video. Cheers
  24. Guest

Mt. Washington trip

Want to make a trip and ride up Mt. Washington and dip into Quebec so I can add another color to the patch... Any recommendations for places to stay in the Mt. Washington area that does not break the budget? Any must see's in the area? Are there any regional food specialties in that area? I will ride up from the Harrisburg PA area.