Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

1. I have just recieved the Dyna 3000 ign mod, kit # D3K7-3 from ATV Galaxy. My question is, has anyone else installed this module and if so are there any particular settings for the 8 pins on the back. I see the ones for the rev limiter ( it recomends 5000rpm) but do I need to touch the advance and retard pins. Any instruction/advice would be appreciated. Thanks Ian
  2. Just wondering why some pins are green. Is there a way to choose?
  3. On the way home a new noise cropped up on my 88 after getting off the highway. Fairly loud gear whine when decel or coasting. Sounds as it is coming from rear end. Slightest bit of throttle quiets it right down. Checked pumpkin and engine oil, fine. Prior to this the bike made pretty much the same mechanical sounds as a brand new 2010 I took for a test drive. Some noise at coasting and decel but it definitely just got louder all of a sudden. This bike is new to me (64K mi now) so don't know what maintenance has been done to the splines drive pins etc. I'll pull it apart this weekend and have a look and slop some moly 60 in there. Is this a common noise (decel only) for dry splines and pins or am I looking at a bad rear pumpkin?
  4. Turned meter to OHM 200 @ (20 there was no reading) the R/R @ 1-2 1-3 & 2-3 all showed 1.6 ohms (the 2.0) the second time no loose pins & wiring was clean,, no burnt pins
  5. I have picked up a 1983 venture for a parts bike but it is in good condition so i am going to get it running. First thing i did was clean the carborators and it ran pretty good, took it for a short ride only to find out i could not shift into 4th or 5th, after checking a few things and reading in the forums i took apart the clutch only to find a pin missing there is only 5 pins with one tab bent over and the pin is nowhere to be found. I have removed the oil pan only to find no pin there either. Could someone tell me where i can get the updated one that has a soild cover to hold the pins in. I will also need a pan gasket and a pin. Does anyone have any idea where the pin went. Not sure if that is why the other owner sold as parts bike. Have looked on top of oil pump and around that area. Any help would be great. Thanks Dave
  6. On RSV and RSTD there is a switched aux power plug under the seat avaliable for use with small rubber plugs covering the pin holes. Does anyone know what pins to order to be able to use this? Dealer not sure what I'm talking about. Both of my bikes have it just sitting there.
  7. I posted the following message before we went on our cruise, didnt get any response to it, so I will repost here. If everyone would rather have the auctions, I can do that, so let me know how ya'll let me know how we should do it. I got plenty of shirts and pins and some hats left, they taking up space and I need to move them, I can take them with me to this years St. Jude ride but I would like to have most of them gone. If you want one of these items send me a pm telling me what you want. It will cost you $5.00 for the USPS priority mail shipping, plus a donation for the kids at St. Jude. At least make your donation a minimum of $5.00 for each item you want, you can make a larger donation, which would be fantastic, so if you want one of each , pin, shirt, hat, that would be $15.00 donation and $5.00 for shipping. Now I have plenty of shirts and about 30 pins, 15 hats, so pm me first before you paypal to make sure I have what you want.
  8. The first round of auctions for Cruisin' for St. Jude are completed and here is a list of the winners and the amounts. If you are one of the winners that won more than one auction, you do not need to send the shipping fee for each auction, I will combine them all in one package for a single shipping fee. For the pins that would be $1.00 and for the others it would be $5.00. I am using USPS Priority Mail Flat rate shipping for everything except the pins, those will go regular mail. My pay pal addy is.................partin_guy@yahoo.com Here are the winners; Total Shipping Solodadof2.............Hat..........$5.25 .......$5.00 Painterman67...Hat & 2 Pins.......$13.00.......$5.00 515Rod.............Shirt............$17.00.......$5.00 Cecdoo..........3 Shirts/Hat/Pin...$78.50.......$5.00 Yammerdan......Shirt/Hat/Pin......$25.00.......$5.00 Pickinfred.......Shirt/Hat/Pin......$22.00.......$5.00 Thanks to everyone who bid, there will be more auctions posted in a few days.............keep up the good work. I thank you and so do the Kids at St. Jude.:thumbsup:
  9. This is not a post for auctions, but an inquiry to see how many are ready for the auctions to begin. I have shirts, hats, and pins. There will be combined auctions for all three and single item auctions.
  10. My air suspension showed the dreaded E4 error. After studying Freebirds (thanks!) thread on the topic I tackled it today. Removed the control unit from the bike (5 mins) and disassembled it while I was home for lunch. These eyes are getting old so I really couldn't see solder breaks very well, so later in the afternoon I stopped at Radio Scrap and bought a hands free with magnifying glass, and some finer gauge solder. Tonight after work while I still had light I thought what the heck go for it. Re-soldered 4 pins on one connector and a few on the other. Put it back together and re-installed it. Turned the key and everything worked! Yes I was surprised and pleased with myself, and grateful to this forum for keeping me rolling. And then since it was a very nice evening here in Salem Oregon I took it for a ride. Thank you! tom
  11. I had to pull the rear wheel again because the dealer didn't clean the rim good enough so the tire was slowly leaking. Anyhow i realized that i didn't grease the pins the last time so I had another reason for taking it a part again. Anyhow, the pins were pretty rusty. I cleaned them up with some fine sandpaper. Anything else to do other than moly paste? Do you or can you clean out the bushings? thanks, Larry
  12. I have acquired a replacement for the plug in connector at the stator (generator, alternator, magneto etc.) These are a direct replacement for what is on the 1st gen bike from the factory. Not sure about the RSV's. General recommendation is to eliminate this connection, I am aware of that. However, I prefer to have mine unplug-able. The connection is a problem if the pins become corroded or fatigued with age. A new replacement set will be good for a long time if soldered in place. This is a direct replacement for the existing plug so it is possible to only replace one side of connection if desired, not recommended. A set of these is $12.00 including US & Canada first class shipping. This includes the male & female side of the plug and 3 each male & female connector pins. From experience, Canadian postal service takes at least 10 days and at times 20 or more. Picture shows several sets of connectors, so they can be seen from different sides. Paypal is gary(at)dinges.com replace (at) with @ They will also be in classifieds. Gary http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af193/gdingy101/DSC02347.jpg
  13. This could be a wrinkle in the plans. The boss has a FUBARed foot. (no it was not from having to kick me in the a$$...............again..............) There is a whole hardware store in that foot now, with 4 broken toes, that have long pins that go in the tip of the toe and run almost to the ankle to hold all of the pieces lined up, and a few screws for good measure that will be permanent.The pins should come out in about 8 weeks. She spent 4 hours in surgery getting all of the parts lined up. The prognosis is for a full recovery and back to kicking my tail by the end of summer. I'll have to see if she is going to be ambulatory enough to handle letting the dog out and taking care of herself with me gone for a weekend. It does not look good at the moment. I really wanted to make it to my first Freebird MD, but if mama needs me I will stay home.
  14. After reading jer878's thread about his new Wing I got to wondering.... We go out and buy a new or fairly new bike and some of the firsts thing we start doing is modifying them. Handle bar risers, Air Wings, Levelling links, Progressive springs, .... the list seems endless (and none of this involves safety chrome). And we're told that the front bearings need to be lubed and torqued, the hub pins are dry and need to be lubed, etc, etc... DANG!!! does anybody make a bike that doesn't need so much adjustments and modifications so a guy can just get on the danged thing and ride it without having to change this, adjust that, and lube what the factory didn't???? Something is wrong with this picture!
  15. Took a couple unused helmets to my cousin in Mapleton IA(he just got a bike, but no helmets). So from Lincoln NE to Mapleton IA and back taking the best roads we have here, it totalled about 340 miles. I know that isn't as much as some of you ride but for me and my bad back that is a HAUL. My girl had no real complaints either but we will see how we feel tomorrow. As we were pulling in the garage I notice a noise coming from the rear...creak,creak,creak... thinking it's the pins that everyone talks about. Not happy that it has an issue at less than 2500 miles... but debating if I should just do it myself or let the dealer have at it. I really don't like the dealer here at all. I just hope the pins is all it is. Great day here for a ride! Frank
  16. Just thought I would share this experience with you. Having stripped my machine down and doing a complete service on it before the Spring I tried to remove the slide pins from the front brake to strip the calipers down and clean them and change the pads whilst I was at it. At first I carefully tried to remove the offending pins. Needless to say they would not come loose and the allen key just stripped the head even after tapping it to try to loosen any corrosion. I soaked them for a few days in release oil on the caliper. I ordered four new ones but was amazed to find the part number had been changed from 4TT-25914-00-00 to 5JU-259141-00-00. (I'll explain later). The lower one on each side of the caliper came out no problem by inserting a torque bit no. CR-MV 45 into the rounded allen hole after a little bit of tapping with a hammer. I did have visions at one stage of having to drill them all the way out. The upper of the two pins were real pigs I ended up drilling through the center of the head with first a 4.5mm drill, followed by a 7mm drill and lastly a 9mm drill go as deep as the thread so you can get the other torque bit in comfortably, this was a CR-MV 10 has more splines on it and gets a good grip. They came out easily with a ratchet and attachment. Be aware that the caliper pistons retract as you work on the brake so I periodically operated the brake lever to put them back into position. I could find no signs of corrosion on any of the four pins, they were clean and looked almost new. The part has changed from an allen bolt to a 12mm socket head in line with all newer models, I did comment at the time I ordered the new parts that if I knew these newer type pins would fit I would have had some of them fitted. It turned out that they did fit and the reason for the part number change was obvious. I applied copious amounts of copper slip to the pins on re-assembly and torqued them to the recommended 25nm. Did Yamaha know something I did not, before I started this? Key to photographs. 1. Slide pins. 2. Left to right. Lower right caliper. Lower left caliper. Upper right caliper. Upper left caliper 3. Two torque bits. 4. Torque bit fully home in 9mm hole. 5. The new slide pin, with copious amounts of copper slip. 6. Nearly in one piece again. Neil. (Old Miner).
  17. Just thought I would share this experience with you. Having stripped my machine down and doing a complete service on it before the Spring I tried to remove the slide pins from the front brake to strip the calipers down and clean them and change the pads whilst I was at it. At first I carefully tried to remove the offending pins. Needless to say they would not come loose and the allen key just stripped the head even after tapping it to try to loosen any corrosion. I soaked them for a few days in release oil on the caliper. I ordered four new ones but was amazed to find the part number had been changed from 4TT-25914-00-00 to 5JU-259141-00-00. (I'll explain later). The lower one on each side of the caliper came out no problem by inserting a torque bit no. CR-MV 45 into the rounded allen hole after a little bit of tapping with a hammer. I did have visions at one stage of having to drill them all the way out. The upper of the two pins were real pigs I ended up drilling through the center of the head with first a 4.5mm drill, followed by a 7mm drill and lastly a 9mm drill go as deep as the thread so you can get the other torque bit in comfortably, this was a CR-MV 10 has more splines on it and gets a good grip. They came out easily with a ratchet and attachment. Be aware that the caliper pistons retract as you work on the brake so I periodically operated the brake lever to put them back into position. I could find no signs of corrosion on any of the four pins, they were clean and looked almost new. The part has changed from an allen bolt to a 12mm socket head in line with all newer models, I did comment at the time I ordered the new parts that if I knew these newer type pins would fit I would have had some of them fitted. It turned out that they did fit and the reason for the part number change was obvious. I applied copious amounts of copper slip to the pins on re-assembly and torqued them to the recommended 25nm. Did Yamaha know something I did not, before I started this? Key to photographs. 1. Slide pins. 2. Left to right. Lower right caliper. Lower left caliper. Upper right caliper. Upper left caliper 3. Two torque bits. 4. Torque bit fully home in 9mm hole. 5. The new slide pin, with copious amounts of copper slip. Neil. (Old Miner).
  18. Recent discussion in another thread has me confused as to what signal light bulbs I have on my Venture.. I had always thought these were 1156 and 1157 bulbs.. but someone suggested that 2006 and up RSV were different.. So I pulled one of the front signal light bulb from the bike and tried to figure out what it is.. and well, I'm a dummy. I don't know nuttin anymore. Looking at the base of this bulb, there are two solder points jutting out of the black base. Sticking out from the metal base are three PINS, equal distanced from one another. two of the pins are down low on the base while one is up a little more than 1/3 up the base. Is this a 1157 dual element bulb? Or is it one of them newer fangled ones? Thanks in advance.. Cheers
  19. as i understand it, on the '99 and up models, there is a "transmission whine", AND a "chirp". i understand the "square cut gears" causing the whine, but WHERE is the chirp coming from? is it maybe the final drive not set correctly with relation to the rear wheel pins? can the rear wheel installation be altered to get rid of the chirp? like maybe in the wrong position in lining up the pins? just curious, i don't know squat about these new fangled bikes. just jt
  20. .ExternalClass DIV{;} To all my friends. It is such a shame that an Americian company would do something like this. I have always watched WSB, it has been my channel of choice, but no more. I have E-Mailed all of you in hopes that you too would send WSB an E-Mail protesting this and discontinue watching them. Their E-Mail address is talk2us@wsbtv.com and they need to know that most of us still love America, and appriciate what it has given us, and all the live's that have been given and continue to be given are not in vain. If they hate Americia they need to go bankrupt, and I as one will do all I can to help that happen. I sent my E-Mail to them and I hope you will also. Subject: ABC bans flag lapel pins ABC NEWS BANS FLAG LAPEL PINS Barbara Walters said that this was going to hurt ABC bad. As you know she works for ABC. This should make your blood boil.... it DOES mine! ABC NEWS BANS FLAG LAPEL PINS! YESTERDAY THE BRASS AT ABC NEWS ISSUED ORDERS FORBIDDING REPORTERS TO WEAR LAPEL PIN AMERICAN FLAGS OR OTHER PATRIOTIC INSIGNIA. THEIR REASONING WAS THAT ABC SHOULD REMAIN NEUTRAL ABOUT 'CAUSES'. SINCE WHEN IS SUPPORT FOR PREVENTING DEATH AND DESTRUCTION SOME SORT OF A 'CAUSE'? SINCE WHEN IS PATRIOTISM TO BE DISCOURAGED? I URGE YOU TO BOYCOTT ABC AND ITS SPONSORS AND AFFILIATES. WE ARE SLOWLY LOSING EVERYTHING OUR COUNTRY STANDS FOR AND EVERYTHING OUR MEN AND WOMEN FOUGHT AND DIED TO PRESERVE! PLEASE FORWARD THIS TO AS MANY AS YOU CAN. THIS HAS BEEN VERIFIED THROUGH: http://www.snopes..com/rumors/noflagsasp
  21. Just wondering if everyone is ready for some more St. Jude items to bid on, I still have plenty of shirts, hats, & pins............
  22. They're here! The first batch of pins will be in the mail late this afternoon. If you said you wanted 2G pins & haven't yet sent payment, you'd better hurry as there are only 11 remaining. Those that said they wanted 1G pins have no worries as there are still 72 up for grabs. Sure seems like this was a long time coming, but, I'm pretty sure you're going to like the results. And thank you all for helping to support this great forum - VentureRider.org. Bob
  23. OK everyone. Thanks for your patience with all of this. I had no idea we'd get this kind of response, but, turns out it's good I waited to order because I've now ordered 150 2nd gen pins & 100 1st gen pins. 100 2nd gens have already been spoken for, which was all I was going to order. That's the good news. The "not as good news" is that they won't be in my hands until near the end of October. Here's where to paypal me: bob2006rsv@gmail.com. Here are the prices for the pins (they're about 1.25" wide): Domestic 1 pin = $6.75 2 = $12.25 3 = $17.25 4 = $21.75 To Canada: 1 pin = $7 2 = $13 3 = $19 4 = $24 To Australia: 1 pin = $9 2 = $17 3 = $24 4 = $29 If you don't do paypal, you can send a money order or cashier's check to: Bob Wright c/o MICC - Tennis Office 8700 SE 71st St Mercer Island, WA 98040 Finally got the international rates. Thanks so much for your patience.
  24. My girlfriend loves to ride with me but afterwords it is always a pain for her to get all those tangles out of her wind blown hair. Shes tried bandanas but can't seem to keep them from falling off for some reason. Her hair is short enough that she can't really get it all in a pony tail and she pins the rest down with bobby pins but they seem to fall out too. So my question is, what do you girls wear on your heads when riding? I know the obvious thing would be for her to just wear a helmet but she doesn't like wearing it and I don't blame her. I might try buying her a cute pink one or something. Maybe that will help??
  25. I received the 2nd generation pins on Monday, I am out of town but my wife (Jannet) said they look GREAT. I will be looking forward to seeing them on Friday. Just wanted to thank Bob (AWSMSRV) for his work. Barry