Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

Found 14 results

1. Attached is a Microsoft Excel 2003 spreadsheet that can be used as an aid in selecting replacement valve shims. This should work for 1983 through 2009 models, I did not see any variances in the sizing charts in the service manuals. 1st sheet in file is in Metric format. 2nd sheet in file is in Inch format. I expanded upon the valve clearance charts that are in the service manuals to include the shims that end in 2 and 8. The reason for this is that these shims can be reused in the bike if available. I don't believe you can readily buy the --2 and --8 sizes. Screen shot below shows cylinder 2 area. The only cells that are selectable are the "Shim in Now" & "Measured Clearance" data fields. The "Shim in Now" field will only accept valid shim sizes. There is a pull down menu for valid sizes or size can be keyed in. The only other value that is accepted as input is a zero. I included this to set chart to neutral setting. The "Measured Clearance" field has no error checking built in. Use millimeters on Metric sheet or inches on Inch sheet. The decimal point needs to be entered, the "mm" or "in" does not need to be entered. Below the "Measured Clearance" field is a calculated field for "Shim Needed". This field will display the correct shim size to set valve clearance to the high end of acceptable range. Next is "Expected Clearance" field. This is a calculated field to show what valve clearance should be with the shim size shown in "Shim Needed" field. Next is "2nd Choice Shim" field. This field will display the next larger size shim that will work. This shim may be selected due to "Shim Needed" is an odd size or not available. This shim willset valve clearance to the low end of acceptable range. Next is another "Expected Clearance" field. This is a calculated field to show what valve clearance should be with the shim size shown in "2nd Choice Shim" field. In the upper left hand example, the lower "Expected Clearance" field is highlighted in Red. This will happen when any of the calculated sizes fall outside of acceptable range. If value cannot be calculated, the "Shim Needed" field will be blank and error will display in "Second Choice Shim" field. This will happen if an out of range clearance value is entered. The two right hand charts in screen shot do not have data entered in so there are errors shown. This should print out on 8 1/2" x 11" paper very readable. This is just an aid for shim selection. Verify Clearances if you use this after shims are installed. Gary http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af193/gdingy101/valvechartclip1.jpg 39118.xls 39118.xls 39120.xls
  2. GREAT AIR SHOW They carry more insurance on the models than on their RV's, with good reason. The trash cans at the flying field stay busy. It is considered a normal part of the hobby. http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=zYPag3LuKlA
  3. set in on us Northerners, I was sent a quiz for seniors. I got a really not good score but 1. Johnny's mother had three children. The first child was named April. The second child was named May. What was the third child's name? 2. There is a clerk at the butcher shop, he is five feet ten inches tall and he wears size 13 sneakers. What does he weigh? 3. Before Mt. Everest was discovered, what was the highest mountain in the world? 4. How much dirt is there in a hole that measures two feet by three feet by four feet? 5. What word in the English Language is always spelled incorrectly? 6. Billy was born on December 28th, yet his birthday is always in the summer. How is this possible? 7. In California, you cannot take a picture of a man with a wooden leg. Why not? 8. What was the President's Name in 1975? 9. If you were running a race, and you passed the person in 2nd place, what place would you be in now? 10. Which is correct to say, "The yolk of the egg are white" or "The yolk of the egg is white"? 11. If a farmer has 5 haystacks in one field and 4 haystacks in the other field, how many haystacks would he have if he combined them all in another field? Here are the Answers 1. Johnny's mother had three children. The first child was named April. The second child was named May. What was the third child's name? Answer: Johnny of course 2. There is a clerk at the butcher shop, he is five feet ten inches tall, and he wears size 13 sneakers. What does he weigh? Answer: Meat. 3. Before Mt. Everest was discovered, what was the highest mountain in the world? Answer: Mt. Everest; it just wasn't discovered yet. [You're not very good at this are you?] 4. How much dirt is there in a hole that measures two feet by three feet by four feet? Answer: There is no dirt in a hole. 5. What word in the English Language is always spelled incorrectly? Answer: Incorrectly 6. Billy was born on December 28th, yet her birthday is always in the summer. How is this possible? Answer: Billy lives in the Southern Hemisphere 7. In California, you cannot take a picture of a man with a wooden leg. Why not? Answer: You can't take pictures with a wooden leg. You need a camera to take pictures. 8. What was the President's Name in 1975? Answer: Same as is it now - Barack Obama [Oh, come on ...] 9. If you were running a race, and you passed the person in 2nd place, what place would you be in now? Answer: You would be in 2nd. Well, you passed the person in second place, not first. 10. Which is correct to say, "The yolk of the egg are white" or "The yolk of the egg is white"? Answer: Neither, the yolk of the egg is yellow [Duh] 11. If a farmer has 5 haystacks in one field and 4 haystacks in the other field, how many haystacks would he have if he combined them all in another field? Answer: One. If he combines all of his haystacks, they all become one big stack. You can go back to sleep now ...
  4. I just tried to reply to a post and was notified by the forum that I had to fill in the NAME field in my profile to be able to post. I was wondering when that change went in and why it's required? Honestly, I will never post my real name on any public forum and it should never be a requirement, IMO.
  5. These are common sense questions with common sense answers. Take your time and think and you should get them right. Answers at bottom 1. Why are 2009 dollar bills worth more than 2008 dollar bills? http://us.mg1.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1%5f315151%5fAGfGjkQAAF08TROI%2fASqCjV5cPI&pid=2&fid=Inbox&inline=1 2. Johnny's mother had three children. The first child was named April. The second child was named May. What was the third child's name? http://us.mg1.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1%5f315151%5fAGfGjkQAAF08TROI%2fASqCjV5cPI&pid=3&fid=Inbox&inline=1 3. There is a clerk at the butcher shop, he is five feet ten inches tall and he wears size 13 sneakers. What does he weigh? http://us.mg1.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1%5f315151%5fAGfGjkQAAF08TROI%2fASqCjV5cPI&pid=4&fid=Inbox&inline=1 4. Before Mt. Everest was discovered, what was the highest mountain in the world? http://us.mg1.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1%5f315151%5fAGfGjkQAAF08TROI%2fASqCjV5cPI&pid=5&fid=Inbox&inline=1 5. How much dirt is there in a hole that measures two feet by three feet by four feet? http://us.mg1.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1%5f315151%5fAGfGjkQAAF08TROI%2fASqCjV5cPI&pid=6&fid=Inbox&inline=1 6. What word in the English Language is always spelled incorrectly? http://us.mg1.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1%5f315151%5fAGfGjkQAAF08TROI%2fASqCjV5cPI&pid=7&fid=Inbox&inline=1 7. Billy was born on December 28th, yet his birthday is always in the summer. How is this possible? http://us.mg1.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1%5f315151%5fAGfGjkQAAF08TROI%2fASqCjV5cPI&pid=8&fid=Inbox&inline=1 8. In California, you cannot take a picture of a man with a wooden leg. Why not? http://us.mg1.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1%5f315151%5fAGfGjkQAAF08TROI%2fASqCjV5cPI&pid=9&fid=Inbox&inline=1 9. If you were running a race, and you passed the person in 2nd place, what place would you be in now? http://us.mg1.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1%5f315151%5fAGfGjkQAAF08TROI%2fASqCjV5cPI&pid=11&fid=Inbox&inline=1 10. Which is correct to say, "The yolk of the egg are white" or "The yolk of the egg is white"? http://us.mg1.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1%5f315151%5fAGfGjkQAAF08TROI%2fASqCjV5cPI&pid=12&fid=Inbox&inline=1 11. If a farmer has 5 haystacks in one field and 4 haystacks in the other field, how many haystacks would he have if he combined them all in another field? http://us.mg1.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1%5f315151%5fAGfGjkQAAF08TROI%2fASqCjV5cPI&pid=13&fid=Inbox&inline=1 http://us.mg1.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1%5f315151%5fAGfGjkQAAF08TROI%2fASqCjV5cPI&pid=14&fid=Inbox&inline=1 Here are the Answers http://us.mg1.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1%5f315151%5fAGfGjkQAAF08TROI%2fASqCjV5cPI&pid=15&fid=Inbox&inline=1 1. Why are 2009 dollar bills worth more than 2008 dollar bills? Answer: ‘2009 dollars’ is one dollar more than ‘2008 dollars’. 2. Johnny's mother had three children. The first child was named April. The second child was named May. What was the third child's name? Answer: Johnny of course 3. There is a clerk at the butcher shop, he is five feet ten inches tall, and he wears size 13 sneakers. What does he weigh? Answer: Meat. 4. Before Mt. Everest was discovered, what was the highest mountain in the world? Answer: Mt. Everest; it just wasn't discovered yet. 5. How much dirt is there in a hole that measures two feet by three feet by four feet? Answer: There is no dirt in a hole. 6. What word in the English Language is always spelled incorrectly? Answer: Incorrectly 7. Billy was born on December 28th, yet her birthday is always in the summer. How is this possible? Answer: Billy lives in the Southern Hemisphere 8. In California, you cannot take a picture of a man with a wooden leg. Why not? Answer: You can't take pictures with a wooden leg. You need a camera to take pictures. 9. If you were running a race, and you passed the person in 2nd place, what place would you be in now? Answer: You would be in 2nd. Well, you passed the person in second place, not first. 10. Which is correct to say, "The yolk of the egg are white" or "The yolk of the egg is white"? Answer: Neither, the yolk of the egg is yellow 11. If a farmer has 5 haystacks in one field and 4 haystacks in the other field, how many haystacks would he have if he combined them all in another field? Answer: One. If he combines all of his haystacks, they all become one big stack
  6. Gary N.

Oh deer!

I had a real close call this afternoon. I was on a back road heading home after having lunch with some friends. I looked down at my dash for a second and before I could say OH S**T! a deer came out of a corn field and ran across the road so close that I think I could have touched it. I didn't see it until it was right at the center line. Didn't even have time to react.
  7. Its been a wet year here and very cool. this mess started off with a guy getting his farm equipment stuck in a field about 2 hours north of here. They brought in tractors to pull him out and it looks like things snoballed from there. I gotta think the backhoe guys didnt have a sniff at what they were doing. Brian
  8. ok what are you farmers down here in good old IL giving these birds? just got back from a 50 mile ride me and 2friends. me on the venture. one friend on his new vstar. and a lady friend on a pink crotch rocket yep its pink. we where going down a nice country road here into a little town called tonica. i just got a new bell helmet maroon. and a jean jacket. well we went past this field where a farmer was out there plowing i guess? that field was full of i think are gulls? well we got about where the middle of the field would be. on this road when whoosh the birds took off like the movie the birds. then it happend splat splat splat this nice white stuff hit me and the female friends bike like someone tossed paint at us. my face shield became blured the windshield held some of it back. my jean jacket all down my shoulders and back. her pink bike coverd with it. friend laughing his arse off he got it in his hair. teach him not to wear his helmet LOL so is this something you farmers feed to maybe make the birds crap them selfs to death LOL
  9. Otherwise known as a youtube schpiel... Saw this on todays WOOT. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dj9X5EvdMds&feature=player_embedded#]SWITCHBLADE[/FON"]YouTube- Real Actual Field Tests #5: Air Hogs Switchblade RC Plane[/ame] Funny.
  10. Attached is a Microsoft Excel 2003 spreadsheet that can be used as an aid in selecting replacement valve shims. This should work for 1983 through 2009 models, I did not see any variances in the sizing charts in the service manuals. 1st sheet in file is in Metric format. 2nd sheet in file is in Inch format. I expanded upon the valve clearance charts that are in the service manuals to include the shims end in 2 and 8. The reason for this is that these shims can be reused in the bike if available. I don't believe you can buy the --2 and --8 sizes. Screen shot below shows cylinder 2 area. The only cells that are selectable are the "Shim in Now" & "Measured Clearance" data fields. The "Shim in Now" field will only accept valid shim sizes. There is a pull down menu for valid sizes or size can be keyed in. The only other value that is accepted as input is a zero. I included this to set chart to neutral setting. The "Measured Clearance" field has no error checking built in. Use millimeters on Metric sheet or inches on Inch sheet. The decimal point needs to be entered, the "mm" or "in" does not need to be entered. Below the "Measured Clearance" field is a calculated field for "Shim Needed". This field will display the correct shim size to set valve clearance to the high end of acceptable range. Next is "Expected Clearance" field. This is a calculated field to show what valve clearance should be with the shim size shown in "Shim Needed" field. Next is "2nd Choice Shim" field. This field will display the next larger size shim that will work. This shim may be selected due to "Shim Needed" is an odd size or not available. This shim will set valve clearance to the low end of acceptable range. Next is another "Expected Clearance" field. This is a calculated field to show what valve clearance should be with the shim size shown in "2nd Choice Shim" field. In the upper right hand example, the lower "Expected Clearance" field is highlighted in Red. This will happen when any of the calculated sizes fall outside of acceptable range. If value cannot be calculated the "Shim Needed" field will be blank and error will display in "Second Choice Shim" field. This will happen if an out of range clearance value is entered. The two right hand charts in screen shot do not have data entered in so there are errors shown. This should print out on 8 1/2" x 11" paper very readable. This is just an aid for shim selection. Verify Clearances if you use this after shims are installed. Gary http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af193/gdingy101/valvechartclip1.jpg 39118.xls
  11. Attached is a Microsoft Excel 2003 spreadsheet that can be used as an aid in selecting replacement valve shims. This should work for 1983 through 2009 models, I did not see any variances in the sizing charts in the service manuals. 1st sheet in file is in Metric format. 2nd sheet in file is in Inch format. I expanded upon the valve clearance charts that are in the service manuals to include the shims end in 2 and 8. The reason for this is that these shims can be reused in the bike if available. I don't believe you can buy the --2 and --8 sizes. Screen shot below shows cylinder 2 area. The only cells that are selectable are the "Shim in Now" & "Measured Clearance" data fields. The "Shim in Now" field will only accept valid shim sizes. There is a pull down menu for valid sizes or size can be keyed in. The only other value that is accepted as input is a zero. I included this to set chart to neutral setting. The "Measured Clearance" field has no error checking built in. Use millimeters on Metric sheet or inches on Inch sheet. The decimal point needs to be entered, the "mm" or "in" does not need to be entered. Below the "Measured Clearance" field is a calculated field for "Shim Needed". This field will display the correct shim size to set valve clearance to the high end of acceptable range. Next is "Expected Clearance" field. This is a calculated field to show what valve clearance should be with the shim size shown in "Shim Needed" field. Next is "2nd Choice Shim" field. This field will display the next larger size shim that will work. This shim may be selected due to "Shim Needed" is an odd size or not available. This shim will set valve clearance to the low end of acceptable range. Next is another "Expected Clearance" field. This is a calculated field to show what valve clearance should be with the shim size shown in "2nd Choice Shim" field. In the upper right hand example, the lower "Expected Clearance" field is highlighted in Red. This will happen when any of the calculated sizes fall outside of acceptable range. If value cannot be calculated the "Shim Needed" field will be blank and error will display in "Second Choice Shim" field. This will happen if an out of range clearance value is entered. The two right hand charts in screen shot do not have data entered in so there are errors shown. This should print out on 8 1/2" x 11" paper very readable. This is just an aid for shim selection. Verify Clearances if you use this after shims are installed. Gary http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af193/gdingy101/valvechartclip1.jpg 39120.xls
  12. I'm thinking of catching a game at Progressive Field (didn't you guys used to call it Jacobs field?) on August 30th. I've been able to watch my Seattle Mariners in Chicago but I'd like to go to Cleveland to see a game. It's an afternoon game so it starts at 3:55 P.M. So, do any of you Northern Ohio folks want to watch a baseball game? I'd love to ride up and catch a game with some of you guys. Bob
  13. This is a very short video...please watch - it is amazing. I never realized that a wet dishcloth can be a one size fits all lid to cover a fire in a pan! This is a dramatic video (30-second, very short) about how to deal with a common kitchen fire ... oil in a frying pan. Read the following introduction, then watch the show .. It's a real eye-opener!! At the Fire Fighting Training school they would demonstrate this with a deep fat fryer set on the fire field. An instructor would don a fire suit and using an 8 oz cup at the end of a 10 foot pole toss water onto the grease fire. The results got the attention of the students. The water, being heavier than oil, sinks to the bottom where it instantly become superheated. The explosive force of the steam blows the burning oil up and out. On the open field, it became a thirty foot high fireball that resembled a nuclear blast. Inside the confines of a kitchen, the fire ball hits the ceiling and fills the entire room. Also, do not throw sugar or flour on a grease fire. One cup creates the explosive force of two sticks of dynamite. http://randsco.com/index.php/2007/05/30/p442
  14. Don't know if there's a way around it but since Ebay has redone their security I don't think we are going to be able to tell if we are bidding against one another on an item. Don added that field but then ebay now blanks out the middle of the bidders name. So no hard feelings if you get outbid by someone here. Don did try.