Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

1. Hi All Ive been at work since 5am . At 7am Christy called and told me Webster ny had a fire going on , then she told me 4 firefighters had been shot. I have been in contact with some of my students and they are fine. But just found out two of the firefighters died. Just not a good day. Bull463
  2. how do i change my email contact info?
  3. After 7 closing attempts, My Bank Rep quitting, and the previous owner stealing everything that wasn't bolted down in the garage the day before we moved in, we finally got to sleep in our "new to us" house the first weekend in Sept! My 55 year old brother, my 75 year old uncle, my 16 year old nephew, and Jean and myself, gutted the house, hung 58 sheets of dry wall, all new carpet, vinyl flooring, oak laminate flooring, and a kitchen make over in 24 days. While I worked a 12 hour shift 6-7 days a week during the month of August. I have attached a few pics. I humbly apologize to anyone who has tried to contact me, or has purchased any items during the renovation of the new house, or the move in. Our computer service was just connected on Monday, and my "old" computer crashed a week before the move. I know that I owe a few people items from the Classifieds. Please bear with me, as we unpack the MANY boxes that have made the trek from the old to the new house. My email has changed, my address has changed, my computer has changed, but in short order, I hope to have everything up and running again. If you have recently purchased an item, please feel free to contact me thru a PM and as soon as the Psychic we hired arrives, I am sure we will find that box that has your parts in it, and get them right out to you!:crackup:Mark, (Mag1101) stopped by over the weekend to see if I was still kickin', and it was great to see a fellow VR.ORG member. There are still many things to do, but at least we are making progress. My new email address and address will be in my profile shortly, if you have an interest in the items in the Classifieds, please contact me directly thru a PM, the Paypal email address has NOT been changed in the ads yet. Thanks to all for their concern, and I hope to have my "New Shop" up and running in the coming months. Earl and Jean.
  4. Wow I'm milioner.... beer for everyone. This is eMail I receive this morning: After several attempts to reach you on phone, I deemed it necessary and urgent to contact you via your e-mail address and to notify you finally about your outstanding compensation payment of $2,811,041.00 USD. Please contact High-Speed Delivery Service with your name, resident address and your direct telephone number for the delivery of your chashier check. High-Speed Delivery Service (HSDS) Contact Name: Abu Wilson Tel: +234 (805) 424-1648 E-mail: delivery@highspeedservice-ng.net.ms PS: Take note that you will pay a shipping/handling fee of $95 USD for your chck delivery by the courier service. Thanks for your attention Courtney Gustafson Program Manager United Nations Human Settlement Programme
  5. I'm still looking for a R/H side cover vent for my '86 VR. If you have one please contact me. Jim O'D..........
  6. I have a trailer hitch and full wiring for an 83 to 85 MKI . if any one is looking for one or know anyone who is this one is going cheap. Contact me with a PM at PB&J. Thanks.
  7. Is there a way for me to find out when my warranty ends? Is there a website I can go to? Or do I need to contact a dealer?
  8. the gentleman that called me Fri. night about helment locks please contact me found them
  9. Wouldn't it be fun to do this?! From: Elder Banking... PRICELESS!! Shown below, is an actual letter that was sent to a bank by an 86 year old woman. The bank manager thought it amusing enough to have it published in the New York Times. Dear Sir: I am writing to thank you for bouncing my check with which I endeavored to pay my plumber last month. By my calculations, three nanoseconds must have elapsed between his presenting the check and the arrival in my account of the funds needed to honor it. I refer,! of course, to the automatic monthly deposit of my entire pension, an arrangement which, I admit, has been in place for only eight years. You are to be commended for seizing that brief window of opportunity, and also for debiting my account $30 by way of penalty for the inconvenience caused to your bank. My thankfulness springs from the manner in which this incident has caused me to rethink my errant financial ways. I noticed that whereas I personally answer your telephone calls and letters, --- when I try to contact you, I am confronted by the impersonal, overcharging, pre-recorded, faceless entity which your bank has become. From now on, I, like you, choose only to deal with a flesh-and-blood person. My mortgage and loan repayments will therefore and hereafter no longer be automatic, but will arrive at your bank, by check, addressed personally and confidentially to an employee at your bank whom you must nominate. Be a! ware that it is an OFFENSE under the Postal Act for any other person to open such an envelope. Please find attached an Application Contact which I require your chosen employee to complete. I am sorry it runs to eight pages, but in order that I know as much about him or her as your bank knows about me, there is no alternative. Please note that all copies of his or her medical history must be countersigned by a Notary Public, and the mandatory details of his/her financial situation (income, debts, assets and liabilities) must be accompanied by documented proof. In due course, at MY convenience, I will issue your employee with a PIN number which he/she must quote in dealings with me. I regret that it cannot be shorter than 28 digits but, again, I have modeled it on the number of button presses required of me to access my account balance on your phone bank service. As they say, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Let me level the playing field even further. ! When you call me, press buttons as follows: IMMEDIATELY AFTER DIALING, PRESS THE STAR (*) BUTTON FOR ENGLISH #1. To make an appointment to see me #2. To query a missing payment. #3. To transfer the call to my living room in case I am there. #4 To transfer the call to my bedroom in case I am sleeping. #5. To transfer the call to my toilet in case I am attending to nature. #6. To transfer the call to my mobile phone if I am not at home. #7. To leave a message on my computer, a password to access my computer is required. Password will be communicated to you at a later date to that Authorized Contact mentioned earlier. #8. To return to the main menu and to listen to options 1 through #9. To make a general complaint or inquiry. The contact will then be put on hold, pending the attention of my automated answering service. #10. This is a second reminder to press* for E! nglish. While this may, on occasion, involve a lengthy wait, uplifting music will play for the duration of the call. Regrettably, but again following your example, I must also levy an establishment fee to cover the setting up of this new arrangement. May I wish you a happy, if ever so slightly less prosperous New Year? Your Humble Client And remember: Don't make old people mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off. Being that so many of us are in that age range, I would think that between all of us we could make this a reality.
  10. are now listed in the stickys above..I have tried to contact everyone who signed up on the calendar for the rally but some of your message boxes are full....sorry did my best to contact everyone..........
  11. Please welcome UNB Trikes to our forum. Based in North Carolina, UNB comes with great reviews and are offering us great deals on trike conversions. If you are interested in a trike, give them a shout. http://www.unbcustoms.com/home.html You can also contact them here with their username UNB.
  12. I will start this post by saying, 'No Venture parts were harmed in the making of this post, however there was an unfortunate VMax casualty' Pictures attached are of a group of solenoids from a MKI, MKII Venture and VMax. 1st picture is of on left an MKII Venture, middle is I believe an 83 Venture (probably similar to 84-85), and on the right is a VMax solenoid. [ATTACH]61706[/ATTACH] Next is shown why the MKII's only need 1 wire in control circuit, on the right side there is a jumper from the coil terminal to the large terminal that is connected to the positive battery. The MKI's and the VMax's have two wires in the small coil control circuit. The MKII circuitry is all done on the 12V- side. [ATTACH]61707[/ATTACH] This picture shows the VMax solenoid split in half. Right right side is the coil, plunger & spring. The two small studs are for the control circuit wires. Left side is the main contact set. The two silver colored pads are the tops of the studs the main heavy starter circuit wires are attached to. Between the two silver studs is a plastic plunger nub for the copper contact plate between the two studs. This plastic nub keeps the coil plunger from contacting the two stud tops when the coil is de-energized. Normally the spring in the coil side keeps the plunger in a position to press down on the plastic nub and break the connection between the two studs. [ATTACH]61708[/ATTACH] This picture shows the plunger and spring removed from the coil pack on the right side. On the left side is the two studs removed and the copper contact plate that completes the circuit. Notice the dislocation from arcing on the stud base to the left. This carbon build up is enough to cause failure of this solenoid. Not obvious in the picture is a spring in the contact black housing in the center hole. This spring pushes the copper contact plate into two stud bases when the coil is energized. [ATTACH]61709[/ATTACH] This picture shows a closer view of the contact side. Arcing damage to stud faces is more visible. [ATTACH]61710[/ATTACH] Gary
  13. I will start this post by saying, 'No Venture parts were harmed in the making of this post, however there was an unfortunate VMax casualty' Pictures attached are of a group of solenoids from a MKI, MKII Venture and VMax. 1st picture is of on left an MKII Venture, middle is I believe an 83 Venture (probably similar to 84-85), and on the right is a VMax solenoid. Next is shown why the MKII's only need 1 wire in control circuit, on the right side there is a jumper from the coil terminal to the large terminal that is connected to the positive battery. The MKI's and the VMax's have two wires in the small coil control circuit. The MKII circuitry is all done on the 12V- side. This picture shows the VMax solenoid split in half. Right right side is the coil, plunger & spring. The two small studs are for the control circuit wires. Left side is the main contact set. The two silver colored pads are the tops of the studs the main heavy starter circuit wires are attached to. Between the two silver studs is a plastic plunger nub for the copper contact plate between the two studs. This plastic nub keeps the coil plunger from contacting the two stud tops when the coil is de-energized. Normally the spring in the coil side keeps the plunger in a position to press down on the plastic nub and break the connection between the two studs. This picture shows the plunger and spring removed from the coil pack on the right side. On the left side is the two studs removed and the copper contact plate that completes the circuit. Notice the dislocation from arcing on the stud base to the left. This carbon build up is enough to cause failure of this solenoid. Not obvious in the picture is a spring in the contact black housing in the center hole. This spring pushes the copper contact plate into two stud bases when the coil is energized. This picture shows a closer view of the contact side. Arcing damage to stud faces is more visible. Gary
  14. on this fourm in the spring there was a paot by someone that sold and installed aux.lighting. who and where is this person? also if theres anyone near or in ky that does this please contact me thank you steve ,, accent lighting
  15. parting out a virago 700 it has been laid down twice but still has some good parts has new rubber on rear,motor is solid,frame is straight.forks even look good.Bike belongs to a members son he went down on it for the second time sunday.No he didnt get hurt but he said it has to go. contact me or ADC for contact info. Jeff
  16. Can anyone help me with finding a good mechanic close to Columbus, Ohio who can get my 1987 1300 venture royal started and running and road ready. It has had a lot of work done to it and has a new TCI, but the current mechanic is tired of working on it and I must pick the bike up. pls contact me if you can help, I can be reached by email. jgsmith_57@yahoo.com Any info you have would be helpful and welcomed, Thx in advance.
  17. Hello, I finally got my 83 Venture running well enough to ride. Rode to work Saturday. All went well. Got home and went to leave again, Hit the starter button and nothing. No crank, headlight goes out, and gauge lights dim. It will start and run if I jump the starter solinoid contacts. I took my starter switch apart and cleaned the contacts but it made no difference. I found a guide on cleaning the switch by Dingy (old thread from 2009). I noticed that in picture 12, the switch contact pad looks like it is raised. Mine is completely flat/smooth. Would this keep it from making contact? Also, if i flip the kill switch on and off, I can hear a relay switching, so it seems like the kill switch is good. I havent had time to do the tests on the switch yet. I just saw what looked like a possibility. Any thoughts?
  18. I was going to post this in reply to a members fuel problems, but decided to start a new thread so it could be located later for reference. Here is a bunch of pictures I took of a 1st gen fuel pump a week ago just for S&G's. The RSV is probably similar, but I don't know. Just offering this as maybe some help in understanding the mysterious fuel pump. It is not a really technical description below, but the basic operation. In a nutshell, the pump operates by energizing a coil and pulling the plunger towards the contact end. This pushes in the contact assembly on the other end, breaking the current path to the coil. The plunger returns to rest position, contact closes & cycle repeats. When the plunger pulls towards the contact, it pulls gas in from the tank into the pump cavity via a one way valve. On the Return stroke the fuel is pushed out another valve towards the carbs. This happens until 1 of 2 things occur, first is pump builds up pressure in line and and the plunger does not return forward to complete pump stroke. 2nd is the fuel pump circuit times out after 4 seconds of not sensing motor running and cuts off current to pump. On pump end there are two diaphragm type valves, one allows fuel to be pulled in to pump cavity, but not pushed back out. Other allows fuel to be pushed out towards carbs, but not flow back into carbs. Not my best tech write up. Gary
  19. Venture07 has mufflers for sale and I've tried to contact him but received no reply. Does anyone know if he's still around?
  20. Is there a way of searching our member listing by region/state? I live in the Pacific Northwest and would like to make contact with other members who live here for possible rides or events.
  21. Does anyone have contact with Nate Jones?
  22. Got 3 of my biggest problems out of the way preparing for Vogel. The t-shirts are ordered, the patches are ordered, and Saturday's meal is ordered. If you're interested here is the menu for the Saturday meal. It is being catered by Shane's Rib Shack. Pulled Pork, Potato Salad, Brunswick Stew, Buns for sandwiches, sweet tea, unsweetened tea, lemonade, and for desert, Apple cobbler, Peach Cobbler, and Banana pudding. :banana: The only contact I still have to make is to contact the rafting co. and see what kind of group rate we can get. Thats all for now, still waiting on some of the giveaways to arrive, hope they get here on time.
  23. En route from the ATL to W.VA, my '99 RSV is experiencing some electrical problems. The scoot crapped out in Greenville SC, so I replaced the battery, and all seemed to be OK. Then it happened again up here in Erwin TN, so I'm thinking it might be the stator. Any suggestions on dealers or repair locations up here in the Johnson City area that I can contact tomorrow morning? I'm hole up here in a Holiday Inn Express, riding out the bad storms tonight. FYI, my cell is 770-364-4393 if anybody has any ideas. Thanks.
  24. Communicated with Pete at BikeMP3 and he held my hand through teaching me how to correctly load the music from my music library. It only took about 4 sets of emails and replys to educate me. I now have 280+ songs (tracks) on 3 "CD's" and it works great and sounds even better. On another thread I suggested that anyone with a Gen 2 Venture might want to contact him about the possibility of developing something that would connect directly into the RSV 6 disc changer circuit. Unless they already have the changer installed, the MP3 would be the way to go.
  25. Some engine oil got spattered onto the rear brake disc while riding. The rear brake is, as you can imagine, not grabbing it should be due to contact with oil.. Do Double H Sintered brake pads soak up oil and rendered useless or will it burn off after cleaning off the disc? Trying to sort out if replacing the rear pads is specifically required because they came in contact with oil or can they be cleaned off with brake cleaner fluid? Cheers