Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

1. I need to fix the turn signal switch and check the contacts it's sticking something fierce. But am unable to get the choke lever removed so I can split the lever assembly? Ideas? Won't pull off, don't see any screws? Baffled. Thanks.
  2. 83 VR So im doing some work that required me to split the case. But I see that the PO had already split the case for whatever reason. I was wondering what do I need to see to determine that the 2nd gear issue was repaired? I've got 55000 miles on the bike with no gear issues right now. Also, I understand that I could buy another years transmission and be done with transmission issues all together. What years would that be? Could I get a trans. from a 1300 that would fit or do I HAVE to undercut/ buy parts for my 1200.
  3. HOW THE HOSTESS COMPANY IS BEING SPLIT UP You may have heard that Hostess Bakery plants have shut down due to a workers' strike but you may not have heard how it was split up. The State Department hired all the Twinkies, the Secret Service hired all the Ho Ho's, the Generals are sleeping with the Cupcakes and the voters sent all the Ding Dongs to Congress. :rotf: :rotf:
  4. Room to share for June 1st and maybe June 2nd if Jay Ragtop69gs is not needing it he was first in line,but Friday is a sure thing. Cost would be about $33.00 split for each. Anyone interested let me know and we will confirm ASAP. Thanks Joe
  5. Finally got my carbs back together and decided to make sure nothing else needed attention before putting them back on. There is a black plastic box (air chamber assembly on the parts diagram) that sits on top of the motor. there are 4 lines going from it to each cylinder. 2 of my lines are cracked/ split. Do I need to replace the lines or can I remove them and cap off the ports in the cylinders? What does this thing do? here is a pic:
  6. I found the oil leak on my Venture. It's on the engine case split line in a hard to access area next to the clutch pin and seal. Had to remove the clutch actuator cyl to see it. Seeing the amount of gunk build up in that area, I think it's been leaking for years. There is a ¼" landing there. (shadow area) I'm thinking I might clean it up real good and just fill it in with JB Weld. Otherwise it looks like an engine pull and case split! Any other idea's?
  7. Anyone have medical insurance on their motorcycle policy? Vaguely remember hearing about one for an additional $100... Just how good/what is covered on this?. Paying for my own coverage but have 5000 deductable with 80/20 split after that, so, a medical bill of 105,000 would end up costing me $25,000...
  8. I put a new windshield on my bike this weekend and took the opportunity to split the faring for the first time. Figured since it's an '03 that all the connectors in there, etc would need some attention. The first surprise was the chrome windshield trim still had all the tabs intact, couldn't believe it after the stories I've read on here. Second surprise was that it was spotless inside, all of the connectors were clean and in great shape. I did hit all of them with a little dielectric grease since I was already in there. Needless to say, I was doing the happy dance.
  9. OK...after a brief scare with my windshield (my wife threw it away and took it to the dumpster, but was able to recover it)...I decided to go ahead and do some things to to the bike today. I have several questions!! First thing was removing the fairing, I did notice that both tabs were broken and I know this has been discussed a lot, but if left broken, do they really pose any danger...or should I DEFINITELY have the fairing replaced? When removing the fairing, I also noticed that one of the grommets was missing helps stabilize and rattle proof the fairing...is that a standard size grommet or is there a special part number? Replacing the lamp with the Silverstar IS A PAIN...even with the fairing split!! Also the BIG rubber cover has threads in it...but it doesn't screw on does it. Also, even with the fairing split, I had a hard time getting my hand up through there...removing the adjustment knob did help. Maybe I am missing something, but any further tips would be greatly appreciate. Is there a better tape to use besides electrical tape that is not as effected by HEAT and COLD...the adhesive doesn't seem to keep the connections tight. I also was trying to track down why my running lamps no longer worked...when they installed them they used the OLD fashioned glass 10A fuse. I am going to replace that with chip kind, is that what most of you have done? And finally, I installed the F4 Customs Windshield. WOW...very nice. VERY clear too. Sitting behind it is almost like sitting on the bike without a shield at all...it's that clear. I am very pleased. So, I'm looking forward to some answers, thoughts, suggestions and tips. Wally
  10. A little old man shuffled slowly into an ice cream parlor and pulled himself slowly, painfully, up onto a stool. After catching his breath, he ordered a banana split. The waitress asked kindly, 'Crushed nuts?' 'No,' he replied, 'Arthritis.'
  11. This is ridiculous. I cannot believe this. Not only did I miss the Nelson meet because of dealing with tire issues (along with a few other things, one involved a broken Kitchen window in my house). Now, I am going to be even LATER. My brand new E3 that I got on last Wednesday, now has a split in the sidewall. I was packed, ready to go and doing my final check over everythign before I went to bed for the night (to get up and take off tomorrow morning ~ 5) and what do I see? A split. Yippee. What do you all think? This tire is literally brand new, I have less than 20 miles on it. Sadly my dealer is closed Sunday and Monday so I have to wait until Tuesday to get anywhere with this. Someone shoot me. Maybe it is nothing, I don't know a whole heck of a lot about tires, so maybe I am over reacting... By the way the date code on the tire is 3707 - which I expressed my displeasure with to the dealer immediately when I saw that, but of course, they get what they get from the warehouse and as long as it is within the 5 years they can sell them.
  12. I have been having problems with the audio system intermittently locking up. Volume would freeze or error would come up etc. The dealer had it for four weeks looking for the problem. Changed the mpu, controller cb etc all to no avail. Today while I was installing handlebar riser spacers I split the fairing and removed the headlamp assembly. There it was. The harness for the audio was pinched under the headlamp adjusting bolt. I didn't split the harness open to see how badly the wires are crushed. I just unpinched the harness. If I still have problems I will ask the dealer to replace it. Hope these pictures help if anyone else is having similar issues. Mike
  13. connected their gps to the AUX circuit and been able to add another device at the same time. We are listening to these devices called walk abouts which basically are books on tape in one unit. when we plug one into the circuit, (I have split the circuit) with the gps connected, nothing works. I thought others were also doing this. Was I wrong? Bob
  14. I have searched on here and could not find information on the bulb type and location for the overdrive light. Mine has gone out and I assume I must split the fairing but don't want to split it and then run all over town looking for a bulb. Can anyone tell me what bulb type is used for the dash lights. Thanks, Jim
  15. I have a non-smoking double queen room booked at the Comfort Inn for June 18 and 19 for Maintenance Day. I was looking to see if anyone would like to split the room with me? Cost should be about $85 for the 2 nights. Send me a PM or respond to this thread. Ben
  16. got on the bike today and the radio wont work. all the funtions come on and i can change stations and go to the CB but there is no sound. now before i split the front is there any thing else i can do i or any thing else i need to look for? i really dont want to split the front it scares me to mess with that but if i have to i guess i will.
  17. Another nice trip in Minnesota is going to Duluth and the North Shore. This year from St. Paul we went up I-35 a bit then we cut off on some two laners and made our way to hwy 23. Another little two lane road. We took that the rest of the way to Duluth. I was nice getting off the super slab, especially since they had that down to one lane each way for construction. Once in Duluth you should go out on the point. You have to cross the Historic lift bridge to get out there. The bridge has a metal grate deck and makes for a fun crossing. Once out on the point take the nice drive until you get to the park. This is a great place to picnic. Look for the trail to the sand dunes. Cross the dune and get out onto the north beach of the point. This is a favorite swimming beach for the locals. Kick off your boots and get your feet wet and frozen. Lake Superior water never warms up. Once your back on the road head north on 61 a very short ways. Actually until you see the turn for the scenic route. This is actually old highway 61, and this way keeps you right next to the lake and lets you have wonderful views. There are many resorts, cabins and B&B's along the way. Stop in at The Castle Inn for a good bite to eat. Keep going north and you'll pull into Two Harbors. In addition to all the stuff this town offers on the main street pull off to the right and go down o the light house. There you'll see a little area history with a historic tug boat and light house. They offer tours of the light house and if you plan in advance you can spend the night at the B&B in the light house. The next great place on this rip in Gooseberry Falls State Park. This is a fun place to wade or swim in the rapids and pools of the falls. It's also a very well visited place. Further up the road is Split Rock Light House. This is a good tour to take. There is a lot of history in that light. Ask how the got the crane, that they used to haul everything up the 100+ foot cliff, up the cliff with no crane. North of there is Beaver Bay, Silver Bay and may other little towns. We need to spend more time up there. It's been a long time since we've been past Split Rock Light house. We can usually do the trip from St. Paul to Split Rock and back in a day. To go further and see more you really need to take several days.
  18. I just aquired a 2005 RSV. Fantastic Bike although I will miss the speed of my "For Sale Valkyrie" I am trying to install a Garmin Stree Pilot III and took all the screws out of the inside of the fairing and it wont budge. Can someone tell me where the tabs are located and how to split off the fairing without breaking anythig ? I need to get into the 5 pin Din inside the fairing. I tried geting in between the passenger Din under the rear seat but it did not work. Could not hear the Garmin Lady on my headset or speakers. I did not find how to split the fairing in any of the Service Manuals or Parts List. Any help would be appreciate. Pictures even better !!!! Dave Nager X Goldwing & Valkyrie Rider Lovin the RSV !
  19. Greetings... Brown, or is that supposed to be 'Gold'... Owned by the store "Motorcycle Accessories" on I-70b, right next to the bowling alley. The plastic is pretty torn up - The PO obviously hurt his left knee - nothing really missing but every peg on the side covers (held on by zip ties.) Radio works and sounds good, even though the antenna is missing. Still has the lower scoop (with screens) and original screws, that and the front fender are just about the ONLY pieces of tupperware NOT split, cracked or missing chunks...Currently there are two inches of water in the rear luggage box - the passenger radio/cb hand unit is actually in the right hand saddle bag Though the salesman didn't seem to know what it actually was! Mirror's are good, obviously been replaced - She's been down on both sides more than once, and the mirrors are the first to go in those kinds of drops. There is a split in the dash plastic that would leak humidity onto the speedo in a rain. How do you split the dash board plastic that way? She had about 49K on the dial - but that can't be trusted. Has a rather newish looking "Grey" V-bag on the right hand passenger spot - but both front driver V-bags are gone - the right side still has the snap intact. The fairing upper decks are missing plastic at the points where the metal latch attached for the bags - so they probably got ripped off by knee impact. That's the story the cracks tell on the fairing lowers anyway... When asked if the cruise worked - I got the "I don't know - But probably not" questioning (it's got cruise control!?)look that a semi-honest salesman who trying not to lie to someone who seems to actual knows what the heck he's looking at uses... Asked him to fire her up. She started rather slow, took three tries (my 89 ignites instantly - even in the winter - so it needs some work), after I told him to wait a sec for the fuel pump to STOP pumping fuel to the carbs, she fired fine - Starter was nice and strong - though it needs a new battery, once she fired up, she idled really sweet without needing any choke (carbs are in sync - the mechanics have obviously spent some time getting her running), and reved quickly and strong. Didn't test drive, as the seat was mostly just yellowed foam - the sun and armor-all had split just about every surface of seat, back and arm rests. Not one square inch of leather/pleather remaining - anywhere - not even on the backrest! Armor-all + sun = destruction... The mufflers sounded like they had at least another 5000 miles left in them - didn't hear any loose baffles rattling, and didn't sound they had been removed. She was nice and silent at idle and rev. There's an extra brake light on the travel compartment, and the vanity mirror is actually still there and in pristine condition!! The side bags are non-cracked, and still have the original foam bottoms. Unfortunately - the 2 inches of rain water in the rear travel compartment have really rusted the bottom left set of screws and nuts. However - the fact that the water is still actually there - leads me to conclude that the rear compartment isn't all cracked up, all the locks work and all hinges are in excellent condition... They were asking $2700. I asked him if they were firm on that - his reply was I'll get 3 times that If it sits here all summer then I part it out on Ebay... So it's obviously priced to NOT sell. I told him that that's about $1700 over priced - he just smiled - so I got the impression that that's what they probably paid for it and the hours put into it in labor and parts... All in all, I'd scrape together - Maybe $1500 for her - even IF I ended up parting her out. But the engine sounds good - My guess is she's probably got at least 50k left on her clock before a major rebuild if you kept up on her maintainence.
  20. Found this on another site and thought some may enjoy it. This will Mess With Your Head. Three (3)3 MEN GO INTO A MOTEL. THE MAN BEHIND THE DESK SAID THE ROOM IS $30.00. SO EACH MAN PAID $10 AND WENT TO THE ROOM. A WHILE LATER THE MAN BEHIND THE DESK REALIZED THE ROOM WAS ONLY $25,SO HE SENT THE BELLBOY TO THE 3 GUYS' ROOM WITH$5. ON THE WAY, THE BELLBOY COULDN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO SPLIT $5 EVENLY BETWEEN 3 MEN, SO HE GAVE EACH MAN A $1 AND KEPT THE OTHER$2 FOR HIMSELF. THIS MEANT THAT THE 3 MEN EACH PAID $9FOR THE ROOM, WHICH IS A TOTAL OF $ 27, ADD THE $2 THAT THE BELLBOY KEPT = $29. Where is the other $1.00!!!!
  21. Hey good people, I just picked up my '09 Venture last Sunday and due to a hand injury a month ago, I'm unable to ride my new scoot for at least another 2 weeks or more. So in the meantime, since I bought myself a truck load of chrome, I have plenty of time to accessorize and customize my bike to pass time till I actually do get to ride. I've been reading past posts in regards to what to do under the fairing after you've split it but I can't recall where to find them again so through this thread, I'd appreciate your input on things to do once you've pulled the fairing apart by helping me put together a 1-2-3 list of the things required. I'd really like to do this as a one time thing unless something drastic happens later. I have a few accessories that require pulling the fairing so while I'm under there, I'd like to be able to get all the jobs done in one shot. (I recall things like adding dialectric grease to electric connectors, rerouting a jack input for the MP3, adding a second accessory plug etc.) So with your help, we can compile a nice list that others can utilize too. I'd really appreciate your help. Thanks in advance....... Bluez
  22. So, I'm in France this week. Gotta tell you - the motorcylists in Paris are nuts. The will split the lanes even when traffic is moving. If you are in a car stopped in traffic and you don't give bikes enough room to ride between the lanes, the will kick your car. These bikes are anywhere from a scooter to a Wing. And lots of Wings here. Do you ever split lanes?
  23. Do you have to split the fairing to install the headlight Visor?
  24. I have just finished something that I thought I would every do. I split the faring on the Venture all by myself and put in the spliter to the AUX plug. I also took off the gas tank and ran the wires to the new Zumo 550 that Santa left me. I would never had tried this but with the instruction that Squidley posted on how to split the faring and install the splitter, it was a success. I also want to Thank Eck for putting up with all my p-mails about how to use and set up the Zumo. I am very glad that I found this site in December 2005. I have attended 2 maintenance days and already have reservations for this year. I may be rambling but you don't know how much this site means to me. I don't post alot but I visit daily. THANK YOU ALL,
  25. Replaced headlight about three months ago, h4 bulb. Wed, low beam not working, but high beam and modulator working fine. Thought I'd burnt out the low beam filiment? Since I was gona split the fairing, I bought the Silver star bright bulb, put it in this morning and still no low beam????????????????????????????? Any ideas?